The Acceptable Song List

Saint Garrett

Given the amount of chat regarding our support over the last week or so, thought I'd start a thread where fans can discuss the songs to sing (home and away!). Sure it will create some discussion, and probably plenty of sarcy responses as per.

Probably missed a load, but at least they're all in one place, I'll update as we go.

Saints Songs

Oh When The Saints...

All Southampton

Shoot the P*mpey Scum...

Give me an S,O etc

We love Southampton, we do...

Southampton lalala, Southampton lalala...

We are Southampton, the pride of the south...

Southampton 'til I die

We all follow Southampton

Wings of a Sparrow

Hello Hello, we are Southampton boys

On the **** for Matt Le Tiss

Red Army

Yellows

Come on you reds, come on you reds, come on you reds, come on

Woolston Ferry

Oh what a night, won at fratton on a tuesday night, we scored four because you're f*cking sh*te, I remember, what a night

Fratton Park is falling down

Tiss

RL Southamptions goal machine

Marian Pahars, Marian ooo Marian

WTFILN

One team in hampshire

Walking in a Liebherr wonderland

My old man said be a Pompey fan

Player Songs

22. Angus Gunn - No song

1. Alex McCarthy - No song

2. Cedric - "He's our Cedric, running down the right wing he's electric, he does things we never expected, and he ****s on Clyne"

43. Yan Valery - No song

3. Maya Yoshida - "Woah Maya Yoshida..."

4. Jannik Vestergaard - "Do, do, do-do-do-do, Jannik Vestergaard"

5. Jack Stephens - No song

38. Kevin Danso - No song

35. Jan Bednarek - No song

21. Ryan Bertrand - No song

29. Jake Vokins - No song

14. Oriol Romeu - "Ori, Oriol Ori, Oriol Ori, Oriol Oriol Romeu" / "Oriol Romeu, Oriol Romeu. etc" (Harry Maguire tune)

23. Pierre Hojbjerg - "Ooo Pierre Hojbjerg, the one and only, from Munich, they said his days were numbered if he stayed in Germany, now he's on the south coast and he f*cking hates P*mpey"

16. JWP - "James Ward Prowse, my lord, James Ward Prowse, oooo James Ward Prowse" / "Ooo Prowsey Prowsey, he used to be a skate but he's alright now"

17. Stuart Armstrong - No song

30. Calum Slattery - No song

22. Nathan Redmond - "He's our star man, playing on the right, his name is Nathan Redmond and he's ****ing dynamite" / "Do do do do, Nathan Redmond" / "There's only one Nathan Redmond"

12. Moussa Djenepo - "Moussa Djenepo runs down the wing for me"

19. Sofiane Boufal - "Ole ole ole ole, Boufal...Boufal"

7. Shane Long - "La la la la la la la, la la la la, Shane Long" / "We all dream of a team of Shane Longs"

9. Danny Ings - "Ings can only get better" / "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Danny Ings, He's one of our own"

10. Che Adams - No song

20. Michael Obafemi - No song

Edited by Saint Garrett

I’d like to be an inclusive club, Surrounded by lots of love

Wish happy eid, wear rainbow ties as trannie flags fly above

I’d like to see the northam sing in perfect harmony

Embrace Muslims and the LGBTs and keep them company

I’d like to see st Mary’s for once, with every fan hand in hand

And hear it echo through the hill Our virtue signalling throughout the land

The obvious choice for Angus gunn is the Clash Tommy gunn, tune is perfect, can’t think of better lyrics

Angus Gunn

Making great saves just got fun

Angus Gunn

Superstar keeper saints number one

And djenepo - the LAs

djenepo, Djenepo again

Running just Paine

I just can’t explain, this feeling that remains

Danso

D-A-N-S-O

Kevin D-A-N-S-O

Valery obvious

Valerie the Zutons/Amy winehouse

The obvious choice for Angus gunn is the Clash Tommy gunn, tune is perfect, can’t think of better lyrics

Angus Gunn

Making great saves just got fun

Angus Gunn

Superstar keeper saints number one

And djenepo - the LAs

djenepo, Djenepo again

Running just Paine

I just can’t explain, this feeling that remains

Danso

D-A-N-S-O

Kevin D-A-N-S-O

Valery obvious

Valerie the Zutons/Amy winehouse

Angus Gunn to the Clash's Guns of Brixton

He saves corners

He saves free kicks

He stops penalties for fun

Ohhhhh, he's Angus Gunn

Given the amount of chat regarding our support over the last week or so, thought I'd start a thread where fans can discuss the songs to sing (home and away!). Sure it will create some discussion, and probably plenty of sarcy responses as per.

Probably missed a load, but at least they're all in one place, I'll update as we go.

Saints Songs

Oh When The Saints...

All Southampton

Shoot the P*mpey Scum...

Southampton 'til I die

Red Army

Yellows

Woolston Ferry

Oh what a night, won at fratton on a tuesday night, we scored four because you're f*cking sh*te, I remember, what a night

Tiss

WTFILN

One team in hampshire

Player Songs

22. Angus Gunn - No song

2. Cedric - "He's our Cedric, running down the right wing he's electric, he does things we never expected, and he ****s on Clyne"

43. Yan Valery - No song

14. Oriol Romeu - "Ori, Oriol Ori, Oriol Ori, Oriol Oriol Romeu" / "Oriol Romeu, Oriol Romeu. etc" (Harry Maguire tune)

23. Pierre Hojbjerg - "Ooo Pierre Hojbjerg, the one and only, from Munich, they said his days were numbered if he stayed in Germany, now he's on the south coast and he f*cking hates P*mpey"

16. JWP - "James Ward Prowse, my lord, James Ward Prowse, oooo James Ward Prowse" / "Ooo Prowsey Prowsey, he used to be a skate but he's alright now"

22. Nathan Redmond - "He's our star man, playing on the right, his name is Nathan Redmond and he's ****ing dynamite" / "Do do do do, Nathan Redmond" / "There's only one Nathan Redmond"

7. Shane Long - "La la la la la la la, la la la la, Shane Long" / "We all dream of a team of Shane Longs"

9. Danny Ings - "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Danny Ings, He's one of our own"

10. Che Adams - No song

Here you go mush

Knock Knock version of OWTS

We are red, we are white

Knees up Mother Brown

Give me an S,O etc

In Southampton’s fair city

Who’s that team we call Southampton

We love you Southampton

Come on Saints (you can beat this ****)

Wings of a Sparrow

My old man, said be a Pompey fan

Another Saturday night on the **** with Scum Army

We’re going to chase you through Goldsmith Ave

We’ll support you evermore

We all live at the back of Milton Road

We’re having a party when Redknapp dies

Hello, Hello

Dock of the Bay

Bertie Mae said to Matt Busby

Northam boys make more noise, when they play with Tonka toys

Dedicated follower of Southampton

I see the Chapel Kop arising

Got a dream boy, got a song

Jannik Vestergaard, drinks Carlsberg by the yard

Danny Ings is the king of the scummers

Djenepo, Djenepo again. Running just like Paine. And you just can't contain. This feelin' that remains.

Six foot two, eyes of blue…

Super super super Ken Monkou

James Beattie (to the theme from the Sweeney)

Score a goal Neil Shipplery

Jason Dodd Dodd Dodd

We want Branfoot Out

Swing Lowe

Our Claus

La la la la la ohhhh Micky Evans

Thank you very much for Timmy flowers

Oh Terry Hurlock, Oh Terry Hurlock

Antti Nemi he came from hearts one night

Here you go mush

Knock Knock version of OWTS

We are red, we are white

Knees up Mother Brown

Give me an S,O etc

In Southampton’s fair city

Who’s that team we call Southampton

We love you Southampton

Come on Saints (you can beat this ****)

Wings of a Sparrow

My old man, said be a Pompey fan

Another Saturday night on the **** with Scum Army

We’re going to chase you through Goldsmith Ave

We’ll support you evermore

We all live at the back of Milton Road

We’re having a party when Redknapp dies

Hello, Hello

Dock of the Bay

Bertie Mae said to Matt Busby

Northam boys make more noise, when they play with Tonka toys

Dedicated follower of Southampton

I see the Chapel Kop arising

Got a dream boy, got a song

Jannik Vestergaard, drinks Carlsberg by the yard

Danny Ings is the king of the scummers

Djenepo, Djenepo again. Running just like Paine. And you just can't contain. This feelin' that remains.

Six foot two, eyes of blue…

Super super super Ken Monkou

James Beattie (to the theme from the Sweeney)

Score a goal Neil Shipplery

Jason Dodd Dodd Dodd

We want Branfoot Out

Swing Lowe

Our Claus

La la la la la ohhhh Micky Evans

Thank you very much for Timmy flowers

Oh Terry Hurlock, Oh Terry Hurlock

Antti Nemi he came from hearts one night

Meant to be acceptable, some odd ones here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Saints Songs

Oh When The Saints...

All Southampton

Shoot the P*mpey Scum...

Southampton 'til I die

Red Army

Yellows

Woolston Ferry

Tiss

WTFILN

One team in hampshire

Player Songs

22. Angus Gunn - No song

43. Yan Valery - No song

9. Danny Ings - "He's one of our own, he's one of our own, Danny Ings, He's one of our own"

10. Che Adams - No song

I'd like to challenge this. This song has it's roots in ultra-nationalist fascist movement and, to this day, represents the sectarian divide between Catholics and Protestants.

We need to be gentler

We are red we are white

John Westwood is not very bright.

If wanting to be meaner .....JW meringues are not very light

Or JW runs away from a fight

We are red, we are white

John Westwood’s first edition Dickens is overpriced.

I'd like to challenge this. This song has it's roots in ultra-nationalist fascist movement and, to this day, represents the sectarian divide between Catholics and Protestants.

We all follow Southampton for me is to the tune of Land of hope and glory as in...

‘We all follow Southampton, over land and sea, and water!’

The one I think you mean is ‘hello, hello, we are Southampton boys...’

I agree with your sentiment, have hated it for a long time due to its roots, and the fact that Man Utd made it popular in the Premier League era.

Few omitted from the original list:

Come on you red and white, machines.... (or is that a chant and outside the scope of this thread?)

Walking in a Liebherr wonderland..

and .. "my old man said be a Pompey fan..."

What is the tune for this? Not sure I've ever heard it?

Come on saints you can beat this sh1t

Archers road end c96

F*cking loved that, with the Sh*t part carrying on from various people for a good few minutes after!

We all follow Southampton for me is to the tune of Land of hope and glory as in...

I agree with your sentiment, have hated it for a long time due to its roots, and the fact that Man Utd made it popular in the Premier League era.

At last! Someone who remembers how to sing it properly, everyone these days sings Portsmouth, it was never that it was always water.

Ooooooh Gaston Ramirez was a classic

Yeah we definitely don't have enough songs to the tune of Seven Nation Army, or to the tune of Slop John B, i reckon if we could nail one to those we'd really stand out from the crowd.

What is the tune for this? Not sure I've ever heard it?

Probably an age thing looking at your list, it's one from the 70's/80's, there's no tune to it it's more of a shout/chant.

" Every where we go..........every where we go ...........southampton boys making all the noise! .............every where we go ..."

Surely this (stolen from another thread) has to go on the unacceptable list. It's probably one of the single worst saints songs going, noddy as f*ck and not even true. In fact it's up there with Barmy Army as one of the worst songs our lot sing.

‘We all follow Southampton, over land and sea, and water!'

But what does this bit actually mean, I honestly don't know, you have 'land and sea' isn't that enough water?

The first time I heard Saints fans singing that was back early 80s after a trip to West Brom, their fans were sining '...and Villa' on the end, I just thought our more dopey fans just misheard it and started singing it anyway :lol:

Bit like how some Arsenal adapted a Spurs chant back then to "You're just a Scottish Jew, Archibald, Archibald", because he was Scottish and who he played for. Some time later, we were up at Anfield (1-0 win, Stevie Moran again!) and some of our dopey lot start singing "You're just a Scottish Jew, Dalglish, Dalglish".

Brilliant

And can be adapted to I believe we will lose at any point. Could even have stands contradicting each other.

Maybe we could make it more Saints related?

How about "I believe that we can moan"? Or "I believe the bingo's rigged"? Or even "I believe we should be polite"?

All feel very fitting of our support and right on the money for relevance to the club

It's "follow! Follow!", you dumb numpty.

"Hello! Hello! Boys!" - some Village People mincing ****e?

"...whisky AND rum" what was that one about? (and rum didn't even rhyme with town anyway) :)

"...whisky AND rum" what was that one about? (and rum didn't even rhyme with town anyway) :)

I've always sang "we only drink whisky, we only drink brown" (that's brown ale for our younger readers - is that even still a thing?). Rhymes with town ok but being a pedant I always that that was an erroneous use of the word "only" :lol:

I've always sang "we only drink whisky, we only drink brown" (that's brown ale for our younger readers - is that even still a thing?). Rhymes with town ok but being a pedant I always that that was an erroneous use of the word "only" :lol:

Brown was what i always remember it as too, probably changed to rum because a lot of the nippers have no f*cking idea what brown is.

Brown was what i always remember it as too, probably changed to rum because a lot of the nippers have no f*cking idea what brown is.

That's how it started out, Watneys was one of the club's sponsors back in the 60s/70s and that's where it came from. Watneys Brown Ale - but somehow over the years it got changed to rum by some.

How about to the tune of Morph (some of you must be old enough to remember him)

"hey wake up Gunn, are you coming out to play" as he has yet again being caught hesitating or in the middle of nowhere as the striker runs the ball into an empty net.

Valery, Valery (to the tune of celery that Chelsea sing) - I'll leave you lot to come up with the rest as I'm sure you're far more creative.

Jannik Vestergaard, Vestergaard, Jannck Vestergaard" to the tune of Give it up by K C and the Sunshine band - we could even drag the "N" out and sing Jan Bednarek to this one too as his name isn't the easiest one to make a song up

To the old Mickey Evans song, Na Na Na Na (Bananarama) change the name to Ryan Bertrand or Stuart Armstrong

What we used to sing to Westwood "Ding Dong Ding Dong, where's your bell gone" (as polite as it gets when it comes to that piece of filth). "Ding Dong Ding Dong, We've got Shane Long" (I'll get my coat)

Ings can only get better

I like the earlier suggestion of "D-A-N-S-O" - remember years ago the Wednesday fans singing D-I Canio which sounded really good.

"He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants, Che Adams, he scores when he wants!"

Years ago at the Dell (I still miss you), we used to sing a song pre kick off for nearly every player and they would acknowledge the fans then we'd move onto the next one. It used to be great in the Archers singing nearly all game, 14000 Saints fans created so much more noise than 29000 do nowadays. I do happen to think the atmosphere nowadays is terrible in a lot of Premiership grounds including ours to be fair!

Can we ban the “told me to kick his f***ing head in” song completely?! Been sung for years and I still don’t want to know the words.

Also, can we change “you fat b*stard” back to “you’re sh*t ahhhh” at goal kicks? GKs these days just aren’t fat and it really grates.....I’ll get over it in time.

How about to the tune of Morph (some of you must be old enough to remember him)

"hey wake up Gunn, are you coming out to play" as he has yet again being caught hesitating or in the middle of nowhere as the striker runs the ball into an empty net.

Valery, Valery (to the tune of celery that Chelsea sing) - I'll leave you lot to come up with the rest as I'm sure you're far more creative.

Jannik Vestergaard, Vestergaard, Jannck Vestergaard" to the tune of Give it up by K C and the Sunshine band - we could even drag the "N" out and sing Jan Bednarek to this one too as his name isn't the easiest one to make a song up

To the old Mickey Evans song, Na Na Na Na (Bananarama) change the name to Ryan Bertrand or Stuart Armstrong

What we used to sing to Westwood "Ding Dong Ding Dong, where's your bell gone" (as polite as it gets when it comes to that piece of filth). "Ding Dong Ding Dong, We've got Shane Long" (I'll get my coat)

Ings can only get better

I like the earlier suggestion of "D-A-N-S-O" - remember years ago the Wednesday fans singing D-I Canio which sounded really good.

"He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants, Che Adams, he scores when he wants!"

Years ago at the Dell (I still miss you), we used to sing a song pre kick off for nearly every player and they would acknowledge the fans then we'd move onto the next one. It used to be great in the Archers singing nearly all game, 14000 Saints fans created so much more noise than 29000 do nowadays. I do happen to think the atmosphere nowadays is terrible in a lot of Premiership grounds including ours to be fair!

I like it. Valery, Valery, if you don't run you'll get a kick up the bum from our Yan Valery. Valery, Valery etc....

If you’re going to call me a name at least get your facts right. Follow, follow is a different song! Try google, it’s amazing for finding out stuff ;)

You’re talking about the Rangers song? Yes, that’s a different song with no bearing at all on the one we’re talking about.

I don’t doubt you can find a website where some other fool says this song is “Hello! Hello!” Ooooooh, ‘ello!

You’re talking about the Rangers song? Yes, that’s a different song with no bearing at all on the one we’re talking about.

I don’t doubt you can find a website where some other fool says this song is “Hello! Hello!” Ooooooh, ‘ello!

Which one do we sing a version of?

Hello, Hello

We are the Billy Boys (Southampton boys)

Hello, Hello

You'll know us by our noise (we our Southampton boys)

We're up to our knees in Fenian blood (and if you are a Pompey fan)

Surrender or you'll die

For we are (we all follow Southampton)

The Brigton Derry Boys

And for what it’s worth, it’s a **** song anyway. If some fans think it doesn’t exist, that’s good for me.

I look forward to hearing this other one we sing.

I was looking for a centre back and I found Wes Hoedt

and heaven knows im miserable now

I was happy with Fonte and Virgil Van dijk

Bu heaven knows im miserable now

In my defence

why do they give valuable time to people who cant head a ball coming down from the sky??