Things that make you feel old

whelk

Not wanting Saints to sign a player because they’re too old, then realising they’re younger than me.

A girl I went to school with’s daughter has just started year 7 at same school.

The fact that I could legally **** a woman who wasn’t born on 9/11.

Anything on Radio 1

Driving through Portswood last night made me consider that I’m almost twice as old as people starting uni and being able to drink.
My eldest has just become one of those uni students so if it makes you feel old imagine what it's like for me [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My eldest has just become one of those uni students so if it makes you feel old imagine what it's like for me [emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My eldest granddaughter has recently graduated and my second-oldest has just started her course and is getting plastered every weekend.

I'm not really jealous.

Being told by my doctor that I am not a young man any more and the look on my kids faces when I told them that there was still sugar rationing after WW2 in the year I was born. Oh, and upon telling my wife that Ginger Baker had died was asked who was Ginger Baker? When telling her he was the drummer with Cream being asked who were Cream!

• 4 weeks later...
Seeing Neil Ruddock on Celebrity Masterchef and realising that my earliest memory of watching Saints - seeing him smash in a last minute penalty for us against Newcastle at The Dell having only just recently signed for us - was over 30 years ago!

He looks horrendous these days

Aside from Coppers looking about 12 and that my Driving Licence expires in under 20 years! (actually that driving licence thing is pretty sobering)

Getting an injury of some sort and the discomfort rumbling on for months, when previously after a week you had forgotten that you had done yourself a mischief.

The Apprentice stunned me the other night, it was my favourite challenge week - the treasure hunt. One of the items they had to procure was "a copy of Alice in Wonderland printed before the Second World War" all these so called bright sausages sat around looking pretty blankly at each other trying to work out what year WWII started!!! I think Claude and Karen's faces mirrored my own.

Talking to my girlfriend, who's half my age, getting that blank vacant look.... as if WTF am I talking about LOL

If your GF is half your age then how old are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

My (late) stepdad was 17 years older than my mum, which I thought was pretty much at the extreme edge of age gaps.

My wife is 9 years my junior, and I often have to remind myself of that when I say thing like "Do you remember that kids program from the early 80s?" and then realise that she wasn't even born until 1984.

My (late) stepdad was 17 years older than my mum, which I thought was pretty much at the extreme edge of age gaps.

My wife is 9 years my junior, and I often have to remind myself of that when I say thing like "Do you remember that kids program from the early 80s?" and then realise that she wasn't even born until 1984.

48... so its a big gap. They often state the half your age plus seven rule is what is socially acceptable, so one should probably not go below 30, but here we are and we've been together for over a year

48... so its a big gap. They often state the half your age plus seven rule is what is socially acceptable, so one should probably not go below 30, but here we are and we've been together for over a year

You got a few bob?

Nothing wrong with being born in '84. Vintage year mate.

It's not that unusual. I'm 48, about to turn 49 and have had girlfriends of 23, 24, 27 and 38 the last few years. Now I've settled with a girl of 32, which works very well. But yes, you do find a lot of their frames of reference a mystery.

I just find that in most social settings, I realise I'm the oldest person in the room, even when I was sure someone else was at least five years older.