Change the manager? If so, for who?

SNSUN

mccarthy

bednarek maya danso

valery hoj rom bertrand

boufal ings redmond

IMO if we went with a back five that should be it. valery is much better having more offensive duties and less defensive ones. him and bertrand would provide ample width to the side while bednarek and maya would be aided by the pace and strength of danso if caught on the break. boufal and redders you'd hope will create enough chances for themselves and ings to score a few if hoj can link the midfield and attack with some success which is the biggest doubt i have about the side, hojs passes and movement seem too timid to link the mid with the attack which usually means the front 3 become isolated and very little chances are created. valery and bertrand might put in a few decent crosses but chances of ings latching onto their crosses are quite slim.

Nice sensible suggestions. Maybe 3421 would allow the wing backs slightly more licence and the CF to remain more advanced but the agree in general with the philosophy.

Hoj probably needs a rest mind you, it’s not working for him atm...

Pointless changing the manager. Nothing will change until ownership changes.

You can’t fund a premier league club off of purely the operational turnover as we are trying to do unless you are unearthing transfer gems every time buying cheap and selling big. A few failures as we have had in transfer market has killed this approach which was unlikely to work anyway. Somebody in the board hierarchy needs to recognise this very quickly or club will continue this slide.

Ralph makes some strange decisions but probably trying every combination in the hope something positive can happen.

Roller coaster ride to continue.

This made me think. If you can't fund a PL club off turnover, what is the alternative? Are we to rely on a rich owner ready to pump money in never to see it again? Where would we find one? How would we get past FFP? What happens when that owner gets tired of giving money away?

Or do we accept that we support a club in a smallish city that simply does not have the numbers of supporters as the top six, Villa, Newcastle or even Sunderland? That's just geography. We'll have some good times and some bad times. Obviously I prefer the good ones. I expect over the next few years we'll finish comfortably top half and I also expect that at some point we'll be relegated. That's just the way it is for us and for the other clubs about our size.

This made me think. If you can't fund a PL club off turnover, what is the alternative? Are we to rely on a rich owner ready to pump money in never to see it again? Where would we find one? How would we get past FFP? What happens when that owner gets tired of giving money away?

Or do we accept that we support a club in a smallish city that simply does not have the numbers of supporters as the top six, Villa, Newcastle or even Sunderland? That's just geography. We'll have some good times and some bad times. Obviously I prefer the good ones. I expect over the next few years we'll finish comfortably top half and I also expect that at some point we'll be relegated. That's just the way it is for us and for the other clubs about our size.

Agree. i think the club's plan was to emulate european clubs such as dortmund, athletico and the like, who don't splash the cash they get from their owners, but instead maintain their status through good recruitment of players and staff and effective but attractive playing style. but those clubs are still prone to losing their best players to their endless pocketed rivals but will always get premium amounts for them so they invest wisely on younger players of similar potential to the ones sold and pocket the leftovers.

now where we miserably failed was when we started hiring lame and incompetent coaches and charged wee ross with the signing of players, who then went on to completely and inexcusably waste massive amounts of money. we now have ralph so if we can get him able assistants with better know how than the likes of kelvin davis, and we get a competent DOF to use our finances wisely, then we can get back on track. IF we avoid getting relegated that is, in which case we will probably lose ralph and everything will unravel on the financial front aswell, and will get us in a hole we can't dig ourselves out of.