Change the manager? If so, for who?

SNSUN

I don't firmly believe our predicament is Ralph's fault, and if he's willing to stay with us for a long term project, I support him. For me our troubles lie with a very average set of players on the pitch. But everyone knows the easiest person to sack when you want to make a change at a club, is the manager.

Where do you stand? Back him or Sack him?

And if we sack him, who do we bring in?

Sorry but he does deserve some of the blame. He has been here a year and is none the wiser as to what his best XI is or what system to play. That said, there isn’t much out there who would do better but he needs to start showing some progress or the owner will get an itchy finger.

Can you blame him? what are you supposed to do this squad fluttered with relegation last season adding into the mix a sprinkling or Boufal wont change this..... dress it up how you want this squad is full of bottlers, and dross the squad currently is in a transition period it will take a few transfer windows to gut and sort out this shambles and we may even go down.... don't be surprised....

Ralph hasn't improved the team in any way at all. Appears clueless and refuses to take responsibility.

I never saw anything in him which looked good. Yes our team is poor but we are going backwards. Makes you wonder what goes on in training.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keep him. Fans said rest Adams. Fans said drop Vestergaard.Fans said play the back 4 we had today. It is not an easy job and he doesn’t have a lot of quality to work with but also look where Everton currently are, and some here wanted us to be like them. There is still a long way to go. I think he will sort it.

Technically our players are easily equal to Brighton, Norwich, Villa....so no excuse that they can’t be organised or be made (more) difficult to beat. Manager must take some of the blame here.

This just simply isn't true.

We have the worst defensive players in the entire league. These guys are ALL making critical errors every single game. Positionally they're appalling too. There is a reason Yoshida has been benched by every manager we have had since he arrived - Yoshida is now our best CB! This group of CBs in particular are the worst I've seen for quite some time.

Back him. The squad he’s been given is a ****ing joke.

Trying to do something with both hands tied behind his back

Exactly.

I doubt Pep could make this lot into a team, so don'yt blame Ralph for the current shambles even if some of his selections are at times mystifying.

I wish we could sack the owner.

F*cking fly-by-night c*nt.

This is where much of the the blame for the present mess should lie. Although Reed and Wilson are first in line for our abysmal recruitment.

Hoj, Bertrand, Yoshida, Redmond, Long, JWP, Cedric, Stephens and Romeu have played under four different mangers since Puel and despite saints being pretty much turd for large portions of that time they are all still in and around the first team or even integral members over it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

We have the worst defensive players in the entire league. These guys are ALL making critical errors every single game. Positionally they're appalling too. There is a reason Yoshida has been benched by every manager we have had since he arrived - Yoshida is now our best CB! This group of CBs in particular are the worst I've seen for quite some time.

These players have all shown they can compete in this league. But they’re not at the moment. This isn’t down to technical ability.

Please don’t tell me it’s down to quality of player.

These players have all shown they can compete in this league. But they’re not at the moment. This isn’t down to technical ability.

Please don’t tell me it’s down to quality of player.

When have they shown they can compete in this league under Puel?, MoPe?, Hughes or Ralph? Four managers and still the same ****ty performances from the players.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It isn't the time to change the manager.

However, the manager can come in for some stick. Our honeymoon period with him is over and after the time he has had at the club, he should understand the best starting eleven. He doesn't and that is a worry.

Equally, he seems capable of alienating the better players at the club, rather than managing them.

It isn't working very well at the minute, but changing Ralph for A.N.Other would be poor.

The senior players need to tell him that they cannot cope with playing 15 formations per game and can they settle for one..

Players and owner.

RH was dismayed at how slowly we turned defence into attack... Dithering in midfield. That's the players not following or not being capable of following his instructions.

Give Armstrong a go.

8 games... 4 vs top 4....still don't know our best team.

Stressful supporting the saints.

Fans out

In other words, we weren’t hoofing it enough.

Ahhh why is this even a topic.

Look at the squad that started, same team that struggled. He has not been backed to be honest, he must be royally ****ed. I would be. He could do so much more if he had decent owners to support him, but alas he's come to us at a time when we're owned by an absolute charlatan.

Too many defensive changes, every game it’s different players in a different formation.

Keep him. Fans said rest Adams. Fans said drop Vestergaard.Fans said play the back 4 we had today. It is not an easy job and he doesn’t have a lot of quality to work with but also look where Everton currently are, and some here wanted us to be like them. There is still a long way to go. I think he will sort it.

Agree.

Well the whole fan base could see our defence was poor last season, so why has Ralph not made it a priority to sign a decent cb in the summer ? Instead he brings in danso who he now doesn’t see fit to start over the absolute dross we have in defence and only gives him the occasional weird out of position games !

Well the whole fan base could see our defence was poor last season, so why has Ralph not made it a priority to sign a decent cb in the summer ? Instead he brings in danso who he now doesn’t see fit to start over the absolute dross we have in defence and only gives him the occasional weird out of position games !

Les Reed explained many times how recruitment works at the club and I doubt that his young protégé Ross Wilson would have changed that system. It's not like it used to be, where the manager tells the owner, I want you to sign this player. Instead, all the manager can do is tell the head of recruitment which position he wants filled. The HOR then offers him the names of a few players the club have scouted and can afford who play in that position and the manager then has the option to approve one of them. When Paul Mitchell was the HOR, the system worked well but now it doesn't seem to.

Les Reed explained many times how recruitment works at the club and I doubt that his young protégé Ross Wilson would have changed that system. It's not like it used to be, where the manager tells the owner, I want you to sign this player. Instead, all the manager can do is tell the head of recruitment which position he wants filled. The HOR then offers him the names of a few players the club have scouted and can afford who play in that position and the manager then has the option to approve one of them. When Paul Mitchell was the HOR, the system worked well but now it doesn't seem to.

Could be this but then when you look at koemans reign when he was bringing in the likes of pelle tadic, Clasie martina elia etc suggests he was stamping a lot of his own authority with the transfers.. danso does kinda look like a Ralph signing with the Austrian bundesliga connection.. but I find it weird that after approving this signing he’s not seen fit to walk into this lame defence .. I’d have been absolutely kicking recruitments door down for a centre back if I was rh

On a different scale, but it is a similar issue to United, doesn't matter how many managers we have, the same issues are arising - which suggests it is an issue with the players, be it quality or their application. What the club need is a mass clear out of players who simply are not good enough for this level, which we saw in the summer is easier said than done with some of the horrifically long and expensive contracts they are on (thanks Les).

Back the manager, yes he makes some strange decisions but we are not going to get any better than him. The issue lies with having a squad full of players who simply are not good enough or consistent enough for this level, prime examples being Hojbjerg, JWP, Long, Vestergaard and even Gunn recently.

Pointless changing the manager. Nothing will change until ownership changes.

You can’t fund a premier league club off of purely the operational turnover as we are trying to do unless you are unearthing transfer gems every time buying cheap and selling big. A few failures as we have had in transfer market has killed this approach which was unlikely to work anyway. Somebody in the board hierarchy needs to recognise this very quickly or club will continue this slide.

Ralph makes some strange decisions but probably trying every combination in the hope something positive can happen.

Roller coaster ride to continue.

Pointless changing the manager. Nothing will change until ownership changes.

You can’t fund a premier league club off of purely the operational turnover as we are trying to do unless you are unearthing transfer gems every time buying cheap and selling big. A few failures as we have had in transfer market has killed this approach which was unlikely to work anyway. Somebody in the board hierarchy needs to recognise this very quickly or club will continue this slide.

Ralph makes some strange decisions but probably trying every combination in the hope something positive can happen.

Roller coaster ride to continue.

100%