Home Games

spyinthesky

Would anyone be able to provide details of our home record post Koeman departure?

I cant remember a game (apart from the Everton 4-1 win perhaps) that I have really enjoyed during the reigns of Puel, Pellegrino, Hughes and Ralph.

I am a long time supporter/season ticket holder but it is unlikely that I would shell out £30/£40+ a ticket for home games these days.

It really has been a dire experience in recent times!!

We’ve had 15 wins in 61 home games, and 15 wins in 61 away games too. We’ve only scored 4 more goals at home in this time than we have away.

More worryingly is this season, after 4 home games, we have conceded a third of the amount of goals and lost HALF the amount of games we did at St Mary’s in the entirety of last season.

The average scoreline at St Mary’s since the start of 16/17 has been:

1.1 - 1.43

This season it is currently:

1 - 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would anyone be able to provide details of our home record post Koeman departure?

I cant remember a game (apart from the Everton 4-1 win perhaps) that I have really enjoyed during the reigns of Puel, Pellegrino, Hughes and Ralph.

I am a long time supporter/season ticket holder but it is unlikely that I would shell out £30/£40+ a ticket for home games these days.

It really has been a dire experience in recent times!!

Beating Spurs at home last season was a good one!

But yeah that's about a 50% drop in goals scored too, grrr....

More worryingly is this season, after 4 home games, we have conceded a third of the amount of goals and lost HALF the amount of games we did at St Mary’s in the entirety of last season.

The average scoreline at St Mary’s since the start of 16/17 has been:

1.1 - 1.43

This season it is currently:

1 - 2.5

Between the tiny sample size and the fact all but one of our home games has been against a big team, I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Club still charge top dollar. Everton at home is a category A game. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheapest adult seats are in the away end, is that how football should be?

It’s quite ironic really that away supporters get their tickets for just £30. Then as was witnessed on Sunday putting together you don’t just get a noisy group but you get supporters who are just that as opposed to tourists who have been able to buy tickets through an agency.

This whole £30 rule is a nonsense and yes I get it that some see supporters that travel from say Cornwall to StMarys as being plastic supporters who should be supporting say Truro but but the costs for them just getting to Southampton would have been far greater than say Chelsea supporters coming from Surrey

We’ve had 15 wins in 61 home games, and 15 wins in 61 away games too. We’ve only scored 4 more goals at home in this time than we have away.

That to be fair is quite shocking. So basically, for 3 and a bit seasons we have had absolutely no advantage in playing at home. Is there any other club in the entire league with such a record?

Something has to be seriously wrong with our approach for that to be the case. Irrespective of what goes on on the pitch I wonder how many changes they've made in that time to pre-match routines (eg when where players meet before games etc). I'd be trying every little thing with that record.

Do we still insist on attacking Chapel end second half every game? If so that's a simple experimental change worth trying for starters, because that "superstition" clearly ain't working

It’s quite ironic really that away supporters get their tickets for just £30. Then as was witnessed on Sunday putting together you don’t just get a noisy group but you get supporters who are just that as opposed to tourists who have been able to buy tickets through an agency.

This whole £30 rule is a nonsense and yes I get it that some see supporters that travel from say Cornwall to StMarys as being plastic supporters who should be supporting say Truro but but the costs for them just getting to Southampton would have been far greater than say Chelsea supporters coming from Surrey

All football tickets should have a £30 cap IMO.

I think a lot of this is actually down to the back 3 / 4 / 5. We are much weaker in this area than we have been for some time. During the Koeman years we didn't ship goal like we do today, we had players who got offended when they conceded. Compare Toby, Fonte, Virgil, Shaw, Clyne et al to what we have today, back then we once had the meanest defence in Europe, never mind the Premier League, now we give goals away for free. Even if we did ship goals back in the day, at least we had the firepower to score as well. Today, we are weaker all over the field, poor defence, average midfield and basically the fire power that wouldn't frighten a Sunday League team - I would think most teams relish the opportunity to play at St Marys and look at it as a damn good source of away points.

That to be fair is quite shocking. So basically, for 3 and a bit seasons we have had absolutely no advantage in playing at home. Is there any other club in the entire league with such a record?

Something has to be seriously wrong with our approach for that to be the case. Irrespective of what goes on on the pitch I wonder how many changes they've made in that time to pre-match routines (eg when where players meet before games etc). I'd be trying every little thing with that record.

Do we still insist on attacking Chapel end second half every game? If so that's a simple experimental change worth trying for starters, because that "superstition" clearly ain't working

Dover in the National lge this season: Home W1 D3 L4 Away W6! D0 L1 ... 24 points and just outside the play-offs. Two more wins at home and they would be second.

Have to agree on the Chapel thing too, can't believe it hasn't been tried (we've tried most things else!)