Wolves vs. Saints - Build Up

Mr X

Is this a game we really need something from?

Even a draw would be progress & a good result! Wolves are in pretty good form with their shock result against city, their pace will scare us.

With Wolves, Leicester & Man City next, it's very worrying where the next points are going to come from.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I think we just need to try to get a settled side really. Too much fannying around.

McCarthy

Valery or Cedric depending on training

Bednarek

Yoshida

Danso

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj

Boufal

Ings

Djenepo / Redmond

Subs:

Gunn

Valery / Cedric

Vest

JWP

Djenep/ Redmond

Adams

Armstrong or Long

We can't expect to be getting points against sides like Wolves. Concentrate on the next winnable one and just avoid picking up any injuries.
And when is the next winnable one? Can we afford to take zero points from the next 9 available?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

they are on a high after beating citeh last time out. and have better players than us in every part of the pitch. let's hope we can avoid a thrashing there.i doubt jota jimenez and traore are having sleepless nights at the thought of facing our defence. one thing i fear is ralph dragging vest back into the side, in which case a thrashing will be a matter of fact.

if and that's a BIG if, we play well and ralph doesn't have any brilliant ideas of playing vest or deploying jwp at FB, then there is a chance to get a point there i suppose.

I think we just need to try to get a settled side really. Too much fannying around.

McCarthy

Valery or Cedric depending on training

Bednarek

Yoshida

Danso

Bertrand

Rom

Hoj

Boufal

Ings

Djenepo / Redmond

Subs:

Gunn

Valery / Cedric

Vest

JWP

Djenep/ Redmond

Adams

Armstrong or Long

Agree. But Danso should play on the right, maybe instead of Bednarek. We can see Danso today in the U21 England vs. Austria

Back to a 5 at the back for me...we're not good enough defensively to play 4222 IMO.

--------------------McCarthy---------------------

----------Bednarek-Danso-Yoshida--------------

Cedric--------------Romeu--------------Bertrand

------------JWP--------------Hojbjerg-----------

-------------------Redmond--------------------

---------------------Ings-------------------------

mccarthy

cedric if fit/valery . bednarek . danso . bertrand

armstrong . romeau . hojbjerg

boufal ings redmond

think this is probably our best side gunn hasnt been great and mccarthy decent in the cup so time to change.. i think armstrong is much more pacy and creative then ward prouse i see no reason he couldnt do better then jwp as he has such a great engine to get up and down the pitch. dont have much faith in ralph to agree with this line up though for some reason jwp and hojbjerg are the first names on the team sheet and will be shoe horned in at any cost. i dont even have much faith in him bringing boufal back to the starting line up even though hes looked our most dangerous player in pretty much every game.

i like ralph but its time to start making sensible line ups and getting us results now. i think early on his passion was so contageous it made us fall in love with him but tbh team selection and tactic wise hes not exactly pulling up trees

If anyone is after tickets Saints have finally put block 9 on sale , seemed pointless us taking a reduced allocation then leaving empty seats when we'd sold out initial allocation .

And why wait 2 weeks to get them on sale after selling out the initial allocation? Our ticket office is about as competent as wee Ross' mob.

If anyone is after tickets Saints have finally put block 9 on sale , seemed pointless us taking a reduced allocation then leaving empty seats when we'd sold out initial allocation .
Thanks for that, probably wouldn't have checked the OS, me and the boy sorted, cheers.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, probably wouldn't have checked the OS, me and the boy sorted, cheers.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I don't know how anybody would know there are now more tickets on sale. The club haven't put anything on the OS or ticket site or emailed a message (I've had 2 today about Everton tickets and firework displays, haven't a clue if it's been on twitter as don't use it) the only way would be to tap in to this fixture on the OS but as they announced 2 weeks ago "Thanks for your brilliant support/now sold out" why would many do that?

The ticket office are useless, never fail to amaze me with their incompetence.

One of the many things i hate about modern football is the faffing around with away tickets, most likely Wolves offered initial allocation on sale or return basis and remaining allocation on guaranteed sale, saints don't want to take the risk of not selling them, in the mean time fans who would have gone have probably made other plans.

Anyway probably doing us a favour as it's a rubbish away end and we'll almost certainly lose.

mccarthy

cedric if fit/valery . bednarek . danso . bertrand

armstrong . romeau . hojbjerg

boufal ings redmond

think this is probably our best side gunn hasnt been great and mccarthy decent in the cup so time to change.. i think armstrong is much more pacy and creative then ward prouse i see no reason he couldnt do better then jwp as he has such a great engine to get up and down the pitch. dont have much faith in ralph to agree with this line up though for some reason jwp and hojbjerg are the first names on the team sheet and will be shoe horned in at any cost. i dont even have much faith in him bringing boufal back to the starting line up even though hes looked our most dangerous player in pretty much every game.

i like ralph but its time to start making sensible line ups and getting us results now. i think early on his passion was so contageous it made us fall in love with him but tbh team selection and tactic wise hes not exactly pulling up trees

I like this but if fit I think Djenepo in for Armstrong and I don’t rate Bednarek. His positional play is poor.

boufal/djenepo, ings, redmond

bertrand, rom, hoj, valery

maya, danso, bednarek

mccarthy

in a 3-4-3 which prob mirrors wolves shape, also our best chance to get anything from this is if we bypass the midfield during buildups as wolves midfield will dominate our lame hoj rom combo. Go long and direct and try and counter at every opportunities. our front three should be decent enough for counters IMO as bouf, djenepo and redders do well in 1 on 1 situations.

We have quite a few Wolves fans near us and most of them say wolves blow hot and cold. Saturday could easily be a day where they slip up. We deserve some luck and we may just get it this time. Don't forget Hughes was in charge the last time and we lost in the last 15 minutes because the rot had already set in with the team and his selections. Ralph has done his homework and I believe he can see where he needs to change.

Gunn

Cedric - Yoshida - Danso - Bertrand

JWP - Romeu - Hoj

Adams - Ings - Redmond

Tempted to go with Jenny if he's fit, instead of Adams but I think the latter will come good eventually. He just needs that first goal. I'd stick with that back four, even if we lose 4-0. We need a plan and we need to find some consistency from somewhere. Pick'n'mix back five or six every week is never going to solve anything.

Gunn

JWP - Romeu - Hoj

Adams - Ings - Redmond

Tempted to go with Jenny if he's fit, instead of Adams but I think the latter will come good eventually. He just needs that first goal. I'd stick with that back four, even if we lose 4-0. We need a plan and we need to find some consistency from somewhere. Pick'n'mix back five or six every week is never going to solve anything.

Hideous team.

Gunn

JWP - Romeu - Hoj

Adams - Ings - Redmond

Yuk.

Gunn

JWP - Romeu - Hoj

Adams - Ings - Redmond

Not convinced Yoshida will be ready, just played in Tajikistan. Wouldn't have Danso anywhere near the team (yet). JWP is pointless.

Hideous team.

Yuk.

Agree, I don't even like it but I'm really struggling for better ideas myself.

Playing with an extra CB doesn't seem to help our defence at all. It's just more players stood gawping at each other, with their arms aloft, after we've conceded.

Armstrong for JWP maybe but I don't rate either of them.

Boufal instead of Adams... if you want.

Not convinced Yoshida will be ready, just played in Tajikistan. Wouldn't have Danso anywhere near the team (yet). JWP is pointless.

Really? Is three days not enough to recover from a few hours in business class, watching movies on demand with a glass of gin?

These guys should try being long-haul cabin crew.

The best of a bad bunch unfortunately which shows how low the bar is for CBs at this club. None of our CBs would make any of the starting lineups for the sides that finished above us last season.

I’m not sure Yoshida or Vest have been directly at fault for as many goals though so not really sure he is the best of the bunch?

I’ve been watching him closely recently and I’ve noticed he is very scandalously poor at picking up runs as well as slow closing down shots

Some may laugh but I reckon vestergaard alongside Danso could be a complimentary partnership

I am guessing that you are not a regular long-haul traveller?

I am well aware of the effects of air travel and Dushanbe is hardly Melbourne when it comes to jet lag. He'll have a couple of sleepy mornings but if he genuinely wants to play Saturday, he will be fit to.

All these people putting Danso in at CB, are they paying attention to the England U-21s game against Austria U-21s?

I didn't but it wouldn't change my mind if I did. We need an actual game plan based on the attributes our players have and we need to stick to it until it starts to work.

If we start dropping players because of one bad game for another team, it really points to us not having a clue and just picking reactive teams based on short term hunches.