Wolves vs. Saints - Build Up

Mr X

Looks like he hasn’t learnt a thing with that side

what is it they say the definition of madness is again? Doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome? Something like that. We were woeful last time out, things needed to change. I'm not confident about this one now but I hope I am wrong

Looks like he hasn’t learnt a thing with that side
He has tried literally every player we have and they've all been crap. I'm not really sure what we do different. He left vest out of a couple of games and still we lost. He brought Bertrand back in after some make shift LBs we still lost. About the only players who haven't had a fair crack of the whip this season is Armstrong, McCarthy and Stephens not sure any of them are game changers.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

If we lose this one then no excuses. Same underperforming players as every other week.

Other than Ings, Boufal has made the most impactful press this season by winning the ball back against Sheffield United, so it’s not like he doesn’t do his defensive duties, as he’s also our most talented fit attacker. Just don’t get it.

Very suprised Boufal hasn't started the last couple. He has been our best player for the last month or so.
That's hardly a high bar what's his tally this season for an attacking player one assist?

And Romeu has been our best player this season. When your DM stands out every game, from the sheer amount of fire fighting he has to do, it tells you all you need to know about the state of our team.

you're just takin' a p*ss with jwp and jannik "the turtle" vestergaard starting and boufal on the bench. facing one of the quickest and most dynamic teams with one of the slowest and weakest team imaginable. Is ralph trying to lose the game on purpose? I just hope he has a better reason than that for fielding this embarrasingly limp team.

Very suprised Boufal hasn't started the last couple. He has been our best player for the last month or so.

Yup starting to lose all faith in Ralph tbh.. seems blind to the fact boufal has been our stand out creative player.. same crappy favourites with prouse hoj red fitted in at all costs.. vestergasrd and Gunn still playing my god

He has tried literally every player we have and they've all been crap. I'm not really sure what we do different. He left vest out of a couple of games and still we lost. He brought Bertrand back in after some make shift LBs we still lost. About the only players who haven't had a fair crack of the whip this season is Armstrong, McCarthy and Stephens not sure any of them are game changers.

What you do is pick your best 11(in the manager's view) and stick with them to show some loyalty, consistency, belief and togetherness - not f.ing change every game! You have the players you have *****il Jan at least) - just pick the best 11 and encourage them. Totally down to Ralph if he is unable to do that - crap as the players we have, how can he not identify the best 11 crap??

Can only really echo what's already been said.

Too many underperforming players guaranteed to start week after week, with no decent competition for their places. Lessons seemingly not learned by Ralph. It's worrying.

I predict we will huff and puff a bit, recycle the ball a lot with no end product or penetration, maybe score a goal from a lucky penalty or a bad mistake, but concede at least two due to being overrun in midfield and people not tracking the runners. Then Ralph will leave it far too late to make any changes again, and Wolves will score another late on to seal the points.

It's all too depressingly inevitable. In fact, I don't think I'll even bother trying to find a stream for the game. It will only put me in a bad mood.

Saints are the masters of surprise - we all think we will lose, the boys will pull a performance out of the bag and we win 1-0.

I hope.....

trying to be as optimistic as possible, but where in that team do you see us creating the many chances we need to even score 1 goal? and where is the backbone to withstand the inevitable onslaught that follows IF we do manage to score?

Yup starting to lose all faith in Ralph tbh.. seems blind to the fact boufal has been our stand out creative player.. same crappy favourites with prouse hoj red fitted in at all costs.. vestergasrd and Gunn still playing my god

I make that five consecutive managers who've given him a run in the side and then dropped him.

The alternative to the players you've mentioned are the likes of McC, Danso and Armstrong. Arguably worth a go but I wouldn't call it a howler not playing them.

Yeah, not sure what Ralph is thinking.

This is a horrible team on the ball. Literally no attacking flair at all. Redmond does his job well but he's very predictable. You need someone like Boufal to unlock things.

Still, if Wolves have an off day we might scrape something.

Hopefully Ings can charge the keeper down again.

Can only really echo what's already been said.

Too many underperforming players guaranteed to start week after week, with no decent competition for their places. Lessons seemingly not learned by Ralph. It's worrying.

What's the lesson is Ralph is supposed to learn "I have a bunch of crap players with a bunch of replacements that aren't any better?"

I pretty much struggle to come up with a First 11 from our squad that is much good.

Romeu is the only one putting in half decent performances every week and when you look at the options to replace the under performers they are no better, or like Jack Stephens, worse.

We'll lose, that's a given, and despite the inevitability of it people will still be ranting and pointing fingers. The bottom line is we're not very good and no amount of juggling the line up will change that. If we finish 17th come May I'll be happy enough because that's our level.