Director of Football Operations Replacement Thread

SuperSAINT

Was tongue in cheek don’t worry, hence the ;) I’m looking forward to us employing Mark Wotte as DoF :o

That is funny. The chap Wotte used to come sit/chat to us fellow residents in the bars at ocean village and he never got a round when it was his turn. The tight ****. His football knowledge seemed shockingly weak or fairly basic and always got the impression he hung out Poorvliet to dry to better his own career. Just an instinct. Old news now and both were way below our level, appointed by a mindless moron who thought he knew best (such was his unbridled arrogance). Fits the bill ideally! ;o)

Crocker would be a good shout. The youth teams are a mess. I was excited about Ramello Mitchell and the Austrian centre back but under our current state of disarray, no-one will likely blossom from that festering cauldron.

That's because it's just more propaganda...

The new DOF will arrive in a magic flying bus pulled by unicorns with Quincy Promes, Theo Walcott and a suitcase full of transfer funds.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I thought Manji who is ITK said it was happening during the international break along with a coaching restructure? Someone on the not 606 board even said it was imminent.

I'm assuming this is from the same manji that said: "We are going to have a cracking squad, Ralph is also rebuilding the board. I’m really looking forward to next season but we should be careful of our expectations. A lot of next season is going to be moulding the squad to the Ralph way."

I hope he's right, but I'm sceptical...I don't see any logical reason not to have announced the appointment already.

I'm assuming this is from the same manji that said: "We are going to have a cracking squad, Ralph is also rebuilding the board. I’m really looking forward to next season but we should be careful of our expectations. A lot of next season is going to be moulding the squad to the Ralph way."

I hope he's right, but I'm sceptical...I don't see any logical reason not to have announced the appointment already.

Well let's see, still two days to go until the Arsenal game. If we havent heard nothing by tomorrow lunchtime then I would hope the media will ask Ralph about this all in his pre-match press conference. I mean it could be that it is all in place but just havent been formally announced yet, let's see.

From what I recall reading a couple of weeks ago the 'intention' appeared to be not only a new DoF but also an overhaul of the coaching set up that would take place within the international break. The expectation was that the new coaches would be in position this week, yet we're preparing for the Arsenal match with Kelvin & Watson still assisting Ralph.

From what I recall reading a couple of weeks ago the 'intention' appeared to be not only a new DoF but also an overhaul of the coaching set up that would take place within the international break. The expectation was that the new coaches would be in position this week, yet we're preparing for the Arsenal match with Kelvin & Watson still assisting Ralph.

Davis and Watson are not in the training pics....

No idea who they were but a group of 4 men were shown round staplewood on Monday by the CEO. Apparently it was all kept low profile and on the quiet. Anyone else hear this and maybe able to out some names to the group?

We really need to change the coaches. Get in the best and/or most up and coming coaches. The coaching staff have been poor for too long- they outlast managers. I really hope this is what we are doing. A DoF is also key. Let them review our scouting and youth set up. This will be the widest and most substantial change we can make for the short term (new coaches) and long term (DoF).

Given that the International only came back yesterday. If a new coaching team had been constructed they would have only been introduced to it yesterday. and then its reasonable to assume that the earliest any announcement can be made for it is today,

Given that the International only came back yesterday. If a new coaching team had been constructed they would have only been introduced to it yesterday. and then its reasonable to assume that the earliest any announcement can be made for it is today,

Why do you need to wait for the players to come back? It hasn't been announced because there's nothing to announce and we continue to drift aimlessly.

Why do you need to wait for the players to come back? It hasn't been announced because there's nothing to announce and we continue to drift aimlessly.

because if you want to cause bad feeling you do something without everybody involved, and you are less productive if you are introducing a new training team multiple times.

because if you want to cause bad feeling you do something without everybody involved, and you are less productive if you are introducing a new training team multiple times.

It's just announcing a new coach or DOF. It's not something that needs careful PR and internal management.

Frankly, no one will give two ****s unless they have a previous relationship with the people appointed.

Notice how Spurs were able to give Mourinho FIVE personally chosen coaches (all employed at other clubs) within hours of appointing him. He's apparently also steered them towards his preferred DoF.

I could be wrong, but it feels like letting a new manager bring in just his own data analyst and expecting him to make do with the rest of the crap staff already on the books isn't really "backing the manager".

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Notice how Spurs were able to give Mourinho FIVE personally chosen coaches (all employed at other clubs) within hours of appointing him. He's apparently also steered them towards his preferred DoF.

I could be wrong, but it feels like letting a new manager bring in just his own data analyst and expecting him to make do with the rest of the crap staff already on the books isn't really "backing the manager".

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

This is by design. The theory is continuity provided by the coaching staff whilst the managers invariably change every year or two.

In reality, it is nothing of the sort, and just an exercise in penny -pinching. No surprises there then.

Was it not mentioned in one of the reliable papers at one point that we’d be getting a new bloke in before the international break was over?

So the suggestion that we're getting a DOF in and revamping our coaching structure flows from paper talk, and a bloke on here claiming to be ITK? That killed any excitement I had.