Bob Higgins

ecuk268

I dont see anything being brushed under the carpet, the Police are the people that deal with crime and contacted and run the failed court case.

I guess your reply is equivalent to the clubs response back then.

Clearly the Police were incompetent ads were the CPS, but the club could have done much more to support the victims.

Typical of Askham to say, "we told the police, what else were we supposed to do".

And clearly we also got the sob story saying they were all unpaid etc. (absolute ******, might not have been PAYE, but Askham had plenty in his biscuit tin under his bed) and no mention of the windfall Lowe's buyout offered him.

The club are clearly culpable in wanting the story to go away (back then). I do not blame them for Higgins, but i do blame them for everything else after that. And you know, even we knew what was going on back then, so i do not buy the fact that Merrington was the first to know about it, the first to act maybe (and he deserves so much credit for that), not the first to know.

A disgraceful piece of dirt and I hope he gets his justice inside.

The lads who were abused you can only hope can get on with their lives and inmyeyes have nthing to feelashamed of. Theywere tkenadvantage of and I suggest many starry eyed kids who so wanted to playfor Saints were there to be taken advantage of.

I think it is unfair to blame the current club, as the old club is gone.

I do wonder that some turned a blind eye to the goings on as he was bringing through so many good players.

The club knew what he was up to at the time. We contacted the club back in the early 1990s for a reference on him after considering an application to the Bob Higgins Soccer Academy he had set up after his departure from Saints. A known figure at the club (might have been Dennis Rofe) advised us to steer well clear of him due to the dubious circumstances of his departure.

Article about Dave Merrington's concerns over Higgins. It seems that the club wanted to brush it all under the carpet once Higgins had resigned.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/13/special-report-didnt-southampton-have-responsibility-us-let/

It doesn’t seem that way at all. He resigned a week after it came out with the club reporting him to the police where he was taken to court and acquitted. Not saints fault the courts didn’t do their job the first time round or that 5 other people didn’t come forward at the trial

A disgraceful piece of dirt and I hope he gets his justice inside.

The lads who were abused you can only hope can get on with their lives and inmyeyes have nthing to feelashamed of. Theywere tkenadvantage of and I suggest many starry eyed kids who so wanted to playfor Saints were there to be taken advantage of.

I think it is unfair to blame the current club, as the old club is gone.

I do wonder that some turned a blind eye to the goings on as he was bringing through so many good players.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7570817/Britains-worst-paedophile-stabbed-death-makeshift-blade.html

I guess your reply is equivalent to the clubs response back then.

Clearly the Police were incompetent ads were the CPS, but the club could have done much more to support the victims.

Typical of Askham to say, "we told the police, what else were we supposed to do".

And clearly we also got the sob story saying they were all unpaid etc. (absolute ******, might not have been PAYE, but Askham had plenty in his biscuit tin under his bed) and no mention of the windfall Lowe's buyout offered him.

The club are clearly culpable in wanting the story to go away (back then). I do not blame them for Higgins, but i do blame them for everything else after that. And you know, even we knew what was going on back then, so i do not buy the fact that Merrington was the first to know about it, the first to act maybe (and he deserves so much credit for that), not the first to know.

Plenty of assumption and little fact, the club called the police when a crime was being suggested, its then down to them a cpc.

All this 'cover up' what a ridiculous slur on the club.