Wolves 1-1 Saints - Reaction

PaulSaint

He'll get more chances if and when Redmond, Djenepo and Boufal play with him.

Plus, we've had a decent start away, besides Burnley. If we had even ok home form we'd be looking good. So if we can pick that form up (and we've played some tough teams at home so far), then Ings will get plenty of chances.

Agree. At home, we need to be playing a 4-2-3-1 with Djenepo, Redmond, Boufal combining with Ings - and Romeu and Hoj in midfield. That is clearly our best attacking formation.

Agree. At home, we need to be playing a 4-2-3-1 with Djenepo, Redmond, Boufal combining with Ings - and Romeu and Hoj in midfield. That is clearly our best attacking formation.

With attacking options like that we should be working on quick one-twos between them to get beyond the defence, my worry is that those three behind Ings all like to try and take on the man themselves and if that isn't on then they just lay it off backwards and try to reposition.

Good away day, looked so much more solid at the back with three centre backs. Yoshi and Bednarek are out and out defenders and find it easier in possession when they always have a lateral pass option to one of the other two. Positives today for me were season best performance from Bertrand and Hoj, Redmond looking like he is returning to form and Ings on a hot streak. To keep Wolves down to one shot on target shows how well marshalled we looked today. Encouraging ahead of more tough fixtures before we get to end of November when things look a bit easier.
How can you say they had one shot on target when they had two more disallowed goals?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk