Saints v Leicester Build-up

SuperSAINT

Going to be a very tough game this, Leicester are a good side who will be able to target our weaknesses.

However for me this is about more than just football, I'm still incensed by Rebekah Vardys betrayal of Colleen Rooney on Instagram so I'll be taking this opportunity to sing pro Colleen / anti Rebekah songs for 90 mins in the hope she's there supporting her husband the equally disgusting Jamie (who i still blame for costing us the league cup in 2017, if we'd had VVD on Ibrahimovic at Wembley we'd have won that cup)

Prediction 1-3 defeat.

I still hold a huge grudge against Brenda from his days at Liverpool!! It would be devastating to see his smug boatrace on Sky if they were to win.

This is going to be a tough game and Leicester seem to have refound their mojo after the dour Puel Days, and must start as favourites.

We need to get our home form going, even a lucky rebound off somebodys backside will do, lets just get a win!! Then a surprise Cup Win at City,

and all will be smiles till they hit us for 6 in the league game a few days later ... but that one is a free hit!!

Struggling to get up for this one.

A combination of having been witness to the Chelsea game, being on a Friday night, our general crappiness at home and having to watch Vardy and Brenda giving it large at SMS when they inevitably score against us really isn't giving me the motivation to struggle to the game after a long week at work.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Dirt bag vardy is going to stomp all over our weak defenders and is also going to give them the run arounds which is a given. they are extremely quick and very aggressive on the counter. which will not suit us. they'll dominate our midfield, obviously, with ndidi, tielemans out muscling, out passing, and out running hoj and rom. pereira/whoever and chillwell/maddison will tear new @ssh@les to redders/bertie and JWP(bouf)/valery. soyuncu/evans will keep ings in their pocket.

trying to look for a silverlining and be optimistic, but all signs point to one inevitable outcome come the final whistle, us 2 or 3 goals down and ugly @ss vardy and rodgers hi fiving while our players meekly head down the tunnel.

Not particularly optimistic. Hopefully we can keep it tight and come out with a point.

Prefer to see someone else in for vestergaard as third center back as Leicester doesn’t seem a game suited to his strengths. Not particularly leaping with joy at the thought of Stephens or danso. Maybe a return to last season where a u23 would emerge from nowhere to be involved with first team , klarer say.

If Gunn could not get stranded out of his area at some point for a game it would be handy too.

Better all over the park...Leicester will come away with a comfortable 0-2 win. Fridays at home are not kind to us. We’re going down unless something starts to click very soon, although to be honest I do think this will be the season when the lack of squad quality will tell and Les’ deformed chickens will come home to roost.

So we're all pretty optimistic then! Can't say I disagree, but I also thought Wolves would hammer us...so I'm hoping that this is the day we buck the odds and come out on top...

3-1 to the Saints...Che Adams hat-trick...Vestergard with a towering defensive performance...Gunn with a penalty save...Vardy injured for the rest of the season from a bad tackle from Valery...oh yes and we do this with 10 men for the whole of the second half, Valery having been sent off for said tackle.

...you saw it here first...

Vardy v Vestergaard.

Wonderful stuff.

I can't believe all those thousands of people who are definitely saying Vestergaard is the best centre back to play in the British Isles since Bobby Moore. I wonder if you have a message for those people?

I can't believe all those thousands of people who are definitely saying Vestergaard is the best centre back to play in the British Isles since Bobby Moore. I wonder if you have a message for those people?

Whatever people here think of Vest, he is the one who can make a 40m vertical pass to the attackers and so accelerate the game; at least against Wolverhampton he did so.

It's a good thing we signed up Che Adams could be a genius move for the inevitable Championship push next season.....

Wtf is going on at Saints at the moment? Ralph looks disinterested why are we still persisting with Gunn and Prowse and not playing Danso or Boufal.....

It's a good thing we signed up Che Adams could be a genius move for the inevitable Championship push next season.....

Wtf is going on at Saints at the moment? Ralph looks disinterested why are we still persisting with Gunn and Prowse and not playing Danso or Boufal.....

Is Boufal standing in for Gunn or JWP?

Only one that fancies our chances then? Leicester are exactly the team we are set up to beat. Confident enough to attempt to play out the back all night allowing ourselves (one of the best teams at winning the ball in opposition half) to press high and create opportunities. There underlying stats show they are there for the taking and are they are no rocks at the back. Give me one fixture to back us to win and I'd choose Leicester at home this season. 2-0 or 3-1.

Only one that fancies our chances then? Leicester are exactly the team we are set up to beat. Confident enough to attempt to play out the back all night allowing ourselves (one of the best teams at winning the ball in opposition half) to press high and create opportunities. There underlying stats show they are there for the taking and are they are no rocks at the back. Give me one fixture to back us to win and I'd choose Leicester at home this season. 2-0 or 3-1.

our problem isn't winning the ball back tho is it? its what we do after we win it back. aside from ings who usually goes for goal immediately as he's got confidence now, when we win the ball back in other areas, we pass it either sideways or back to the defence which kills the momentum. hoj, rom and jwp are the biggest culprits, they win it back and either dither on the ball or pass it to the cbs in an attempt to retain possession who either lose it and we concede a goal or shot, or they don't do anything meaningful with it.

ralphs whole idea was based on extremely quick transitions, usually a few seconds. i don't know why we choose to do the opposite right now. maybe its a confidence issue or its that the players don't have the vision and skill to break the lines quickly enough.

I hate to break it to you, but we're really not one of the best teams at anything any more.
au contraire we excel at all of these

Conceding goals

Losing games

Not holding onto a lead

Player " must do better" interviews

Over the top new kit launches

Self promotion

Poor player recruitment

Net spend

despite all logic pointing towards a convincing defeat for us, i feel strangely optimistic about this game. yes, we are poor at home, yes, we have inferior players in every area of the pitch, but if djenepo is able to start and we play with intensity and commitment, we could upset the odds and grab an unlikely win here. what we need is our back 3 and gunn, who despite his obvious lack of convincing performances will be selected ahead of mccarthy, to avoid costly mistakes. also ralph will need to find a way to avoid vest coming up against vardy and getting burnt.

we need to play a really low block and avoid any space for rat face vardy to run in behind, the leicester midfield are going to look for those spaces behind our back line. failing that they will look to whip balls from wide areas so our wing backs will need to track and if possible prevent their wide players from getting in those crosses. if our wing backs and our back three play perfectly, i am certain the likes of ings, redmond djenepo/boufal will create and score enough to see us get the points.

up the saints! lets wipe that arrogant smirk off of rodger's ugly mug.

Also, i had a quick look at their forum, they seem more arrogant than rodgers. they seem to have a very high opinion of themselves. reading what they have to say, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were on an established top 4/6 team's forum.

here is one post from there, "We shouldn't have lost to Liverpool's first team so there's no ****ing way we're not smashing their reserves."

Now im praying we are the ones who will be bringing these delusional c@nts back down to earth by giving them a good stuffing.

I can see nothing other than a Leicester win. I predict 0-2

Unless we can shackle their midfield which has always been our issue.

Also their full backs are playing extremely well, I’d place them in the top two of the league and need to be engaged by our inside forwards using space between them and their centre backs. Our full backs can then push up to help the midfield.

Whatever people here think of Vest, he is the one who can make a 40m vertical pass to the attackers and so accelerate the game; at least against Wolverhampton he did so.

The thing I've noticed about Vestergaard is that his forward passes are random. There is about a 50/50 chance that they will find one of our players. His sidewards and backwards passes, however, are clearly aimed at his team mates. This gives him an overall pass success rate of more than 50%. When I played football myself, at a much lower level, I was big and useless too but my random forward passes from the back would occasionally lead to a goal. People would say, well done or good pass, but I the truth was had no idea how I'd found one of my own men and, as far as I can see, neither does Vestergaard.

The thing I've noticed about Vestergaard is that his forward passes are random. There is about a 50/50 chance that they will find one of our players. His sidewards and backwards passes, however, are clearly aimed at his team mates. This gives him an overall pass success rate of more than 50%. When I played football myself, at a much lower level, I was big and useless too but my random forward passes from the back would occasionally lead to a goal. People would say, well done or good pass, but I the truth was had no idea how I'd found one of my own men and, as far as I can see, neither does Vestergaard.

He's actually got a pass completion rate of 80.4%, which is higher than Bednarek (76.8%) and just shy of Yoshida (81%).

(Alarmingly, Yan Valery's is 57.5%)

despite all logic pointing towards a convincing defeat for us, i feel strangely optimistic about this game. yes, we are poor at home, yes, we have inferior players in every area of the pitch, but if djenepo is able to start and we play with intensity and commitment, we could upset the odds and grab an unlikely win here. what we need is our back 3 and gunn, who despite his obvious lack of convincing performances will be selected ahead of mccarthy, to avoid costly mistakes. also ralph will need to find a way to avoid vest coming up against vardy and getting burnt.

we need to play a really low block and avoid any space for rat face vardy to run in behind, the leicester midfield are going to look for those spaces behind our back line. failing that they will look to whip balls from wide areas so our wing backs will need to track and if possible prevent their wide players from getting in those crosses. if our wing backs and our back three play perfectly, i am certain the likes of ings, redmond djenepo/boufal will create and score enough to see us get the points.

up the saints! lets wipe that arrogant smirk off of rodger's ugly mug.

This , I expected Wolves to hammer us on saturday but we stood up and could have taken all 3 points . 2-1 saints

He's actually got a pass completion rate of 80.4%, which is higher than Bednarek (76.8%) and just shy of Yoshida (81%).

(Alarmingly, Yan Valery's is 57.5%)

No surprise Bednareks isn't great, his distribution is dreadful. Valerys' is alarmingly poor, but probably because he plays a lot of balls up the line and likes to dribble into the other half. Certainly something he needs to improve though.

Can't say I am overly confident of this one. They're bang on form and there's a permanent nervousness with us at home.

Not to go off topic, but this will be our 5th home games this season, and we would have had only had 1 game at 3pm on Saturday, which is actually really frustrating, especially for someone who has to travel a couple of hours each way.

Valery is no issue really, part of our game plan is to have him hoof it up the line. It misses about 75% of the time but when it finds Ings he can really do some damage. Low success rate, high reward passing is a key part of Hasenhuttl's strategy. The same is broadly true of our cbs.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Valery is no issue really, part of our game plan is to have him hoof it up the line. It misses about 75% of the time but when it finds Ings he can really do some damage. Low success rate, high reward passing is a key part of Hasenhuttl's strategy. The same is broadly true of our cbs.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Totally disagree re the CBs. They are so limited on the ball and barely try anything more than passing to the full back or the other CB.

Bednarek especially is dire on the ball. Not so much in technique as having no vision aside from the above pass. That, and probably a lack of movement from Romeu and Hojbjerg.

But the CBs are certainly not adventurous with their passing, and it hampers us a lot, especially at home where the opposition gets behind the ball as it takes us about 3 passes between the CBs before we get anywhere as they each just pass on the responsibility.

Totally disagree re the CBs. They are so limited on the ball and barely try anything more than passing to the full back or the other CB.

Bednarek especially is dire on the ball. Not so much in technique as having no vision aside from the above pass. That, and probably a lack of movement from Romeu and Hojbjerg.

But the CBs are certainly not adventurous with their passing, and it hampers us a lot, especially at home where the opposition gets behind the ball as it takes us about 3 passes between the CBs before we get anywhere as they each just pass on the responsibility.

Vestergaard's distribution can be pretty good; granted, he is not VVD, but he can certainly spray a long pass. He is also unafraid to take the ball upfield himself. I suspect it is these characteristics that see him getting more game time than many here would like.