The saints voice

SKD

Just read the notes from their most recent meeting... looks like they’re suggesting, following the England game, that we start allowing away fans in home end.

Can any add any clarity to this or is this a serious suggestion :lol:

Just read the notes from their most recent meeting... looks like they’re suggesting, following the England game, that we start allowing away fans in home end.

Can any add any clarity to this or is this a serious suggestion :lol:

I can add clarity.

It does not say that at all.

However, it is a bit of a happy clapper forum but they make some good points.

But when do football clubs ever give a toss about what supporters want?

I can add clarity.

They definitely say that the club/police should monitor fans on social media, which sounds like they're encouraging grassing on fellow saints fans.

They definitely say that the club/police should monitor fans on social media, which sounds like they're encouraging grassing on fellow saints fans.
The Club and Police probably already do that. Certainly the Police do before certain matches - its just sensible as part of their planning and has nothing to do with grassing fellow Saints fans but more to do with preventing potential disorder.

Besides, a number of people have been rightly prosecuted for abusive social media posts, including racism, so as long as people aren't breaking the law there should be no need for the Police to be remotely interested.

If you want to post on Twitter that Vestergaard is ****e then I doubt the Police will be on your back.

The Club and Police probably already do that. Certainly the Police do before certain matches - its just sensible as part of their planning and has nothing to do with grassing fellow Saints fans but more to do with preventing potential disorder.

Besides, a number of people have been rightly prosecuted for abusive social media posts, including racism, so as long as people aren't breaking the law there should be no need for the Police to be remotely interested.

If you want to post on Twitter that Vestergaard is ****e then I doubt the Police will be on your back.

Fully aware the police already do, you'd have to be an idiot to think they don't. But encouraging them to monitor other Saints fans who you're supposed to represent? Seems like the kind of thing wrong 'uns would do to me.

I can add clarity.

You are correct. Just re-read and I misread first time round. Bit of a weird point to make though. It created atmosphere , but we don’t want it (obviously)... what is the point in the comment then

Fully aware the police already do, you'd have to be an idiot to think they don't. But encouraging them to monitor other Saints fans who you're supposed to represent? Seems like the kind of thing wrong 'uns would do to me.
Depends on the context of the monitoring. If its to get a sense of how the fanbase is feeling then again, the club have monitored forums like this for years.

If the club suddenly revoked someones ST for saying that JWP has never kicked on then fair enough. But I doubt it would come to that.

I have seen recently on Twitter quite a bit of unsavoury stuff directed towards Owen the guy who does the vlogs. I am not a fan of them but have nothing against him personally but some of the comments made on that topic and to him were pretty poor. And most of them seem to be made by blokes in their 40s and 50s who only see football their way (and often post behind an anonymous account).

Not saying the Club will monitor and tske action on those types of thing (its not up to them to govern social media) but ultimately people are responsible for what they post and what they say and someone will always be watching, be that authorities, employers, friends, family etc.

Depends on the context of the monitoring. If its to get a sense of how the fanbase is feeling then again, the club have monitored forums like this for years.

If the club suddenly revoked someones ST for saying that JWP has never kicked on then fair enough. But I doubt it would come to that.

I have seen recently on Twitter quite a bit of unsavoury stuff directed towards Owen the guy who does the vlogs. I am not a fan of them but have nothing against him personally but some of the comments made on that topic and to him were pretty poor. And most of them seem to be made by blokes in their 40s and 50s who only see football their way (and often post behind an anonymous account).

Not saying the Club will monitor and tske action on those types of thing (its not up to them to govern social media) but ultimately people are responsible for what they post and what they say and someone will always be watching, be that authorities, employers, friends, family etc.

Haven't seen anything directed towards him since he stopped it last season to be honest, seen a lot of people claiming he's had abuse and very little abuse, seems to be a massive disconnect it people's claims and reality from what i can see.

You are correct. Just re-read and I misread first time round. Bit of a weird point to make though. It created atmosphere , but we don’t want it (obviously)... what is the point in the comment then

well, they are a bunch of weirdos anyway, aren't they?

I mean the club are not going to picking normal fans that might have something critical to say.

I used to do this thing by joining the Jacob Reese Mogg for PM (or something like that) FB FB group and see how many rational anti fascist/racist/pro immigration posts I could submit before being booted out of the group. I think i got to 12 as a record.

I do wonder, if they had asked me to join the Saints Voice panel, whether i would have made it to the tea and biscuits break?

Not sure I've been called a weirdo before but, hey, I've never been psychologically examined on a football forum, or Twitter, before so who knows! :D

I'm not sure the post meeting notes always fully represent what's said if I'm honest. The bit referred to was about how many Kosovan fans there were in the ground when England were at SMS & how they brought much of the atmosphere. The discussion was the club wanting to know how they could drag some passion from the fans, as it's one of Ralph's big concerns. A lot of the loud pre game music, which many fans dislike, was a request from the players because the crowd are too quiet at kick off. And, if anything, there was more concern from SV about preventing away fans from getting into the home end!

Happy to feedback more but time hasn't always allowed in recent months...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Any chance of this lot piping up given how shit we are or are they too busy grassing their own fans up on Twitter?

No chance .

One of our group who I goto games with very rarely mentions when there is a meeting nor what we’d like to bring up..

They’ve said 2 things this season - the club were right to shut down block 1 this dispite sitting in the chapel far away from the so called trouble spot.

the other that the club should put season ticket prices up due to being more games played next season.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, IFHP said:

No chance .

One of our group who I goto games with very rarely mentions when there is a meeting nor what we’d like to bring up..

They’ve said 2 things this season - the club were right to shut down block 1 this dispite sitting in the chapel far away from the so called trouble spot.

the other that the club should put season ticket prices up due to being more games played next season.

I have had a ST for 48 years and for the first time ever I am seriously thinking about not renewing, as is my daughter who has had one for nearly 30 years. Apart from the fact that I am a "pensioner" and have to watch the pennies, this "malaise" that the team has been going through has been going on too long. The last time that I felt really good about watching Saints was during Ronald Koumans tenure. I loved Ralph and really thought that we would have a return to those days under him.....but the club let him down. Anyhow.....if they were to put the prices up because there are more games, then I shall sadly be saying "Goodbye" to my ST......

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I have had a ST for 48 years and for the first time ever I am seriously thinking about not renewing, as is my daughter who has had one for nearly 30 years. Apart from the fact that I am a "pensioner" and have to watch the pennies, this "malaise" that the team has been going through has been going on too long. The last time that I felt really good about watching Saints was during Ronald Koumans tenure. I loved Ralph and really thought that we would have a return to those days under him.....but the club let him down. Anyhow.....if they were to put the prices up because there are more games, then I shall sadly be saying "Goodbye" to my ST......

A season ticket holder has seen two wins all season. For Saints that is.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Any chance of this lot piping up given how shit we are or are they too busy grassing their own fans up on Twitter?

You don’t need saintsvoice for that. just look at your seat in the IN and text the grass number if you see anyone doing anything they shouldn’t 🤓

6 hours ago, IFHP said:

No chance .

These are the people representing the fans 🤣🤦‍♂️

Lets see if the Leeds version has any impact:

"The Leeds United Supporters Advisory Board have released the following statement after their 4-1 defeat to Bournemouth:

"After the result and performance of the team today, the Leeds United Supporters Advisory Board (SAB) would like to place on record its lack of faith in the current management team at the club.

"The SAB have been supportive of many decisions this year and will always work with the club to improve the way the club connects with its supporters and communities, so it is only right that we also address the current performances and the situation we are now faced with.

"Leeds United fans have, and will always, support our club through its ‘ups and downs’, but with four games left this situation is no longer sustainable.

"The narrow escape from relegation last season should have been the catalyst for a season of growth but this season has now turned into a humiliating disaster.

"The appointment of Jesse Marsch, a style of play so different from that of Marcelo Bielsa, the sacking of Marcsh after the transfer window had closed, the hiring of a of a fifth-choice manager, the purchase of a £35m striker who has played hardly any minutes in a relegation dogfight, the costly and embarrassing mistakes made in the Jean Kevin Augustin case… there have been far too many questionable decisions and people must be made accountable.

"The players must also take responsibility for their abject performances and lack of professional pride since half time against Crystal Palace. To pull on that famous white shirt is something that us fans can only dream of, yet it seems that some of the squad don’t have the fight for this battle.

"We are therefore asking for immediate changes to be made to the first team coach and to those responsible for the recruitment of the managers and players who have been brought in over the last 14 months.

"We would like to place on record our thanks and gratitude to the many staff, at both Thorp Arch and Elland Road, who worked tirelessly to make Leeds United a club that all of those who support it can be proud of.

"The Supporters Advisory Board are due to meet with the club this coming week and hope that they are able to respond to this statement before the meeting takes place."

Can pretty much replace Leeds with Southampton, just our frozen out striker cost a bit less than £35m. They get to have dialogue with their club. We get told to be grateful for fans forums where Semmens and Ankersen dismiss everything, say they know best, spout some nonsense about the women's team and call it a night.

• Like 2