Saints vs Leicester - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Half time: guess the final score  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Half time: guess the final score

• 11+
    • We’re gonna win 6-5

Rediculous management. Bertrand off, JWP to left back FFS, then swopped with Valery. Only one decision to make if keeping three CBs JWP OFF, Danso to left back. JWP has no pace, vision, skill and football intelligence he has to be left out. PEH is physical, no football brain and gives the ball away. Those two are killing the midfield with their negative play.

I cant remember a more woeful half by a Saints team. Can anyone? We've given away leads before and even conceded a few but that half was pathetic. Most couldn't control the ball and then couldn't wait to get rid of it. This is worse than anything I saw from Puel, Pellegrino or Hughes. Anyone still trusting in Ralph - cos from what I see he has actually made everyone worse.

Rediculous management. Bertrand off, JWP to left back FFS, then swopped with Valery. Only one decision to make if keeping three CBs JWP OFF, Danso to left back. JWP has no pace, vision, skill and football intelligence he has to be left out. PEH is physical, no football brain and gives the ball away. Those two are killing the midfield with their negative play.

Who comes in though? I don’t disagree with you but our CM options are so limited and so poor. I don’t understand why we didn’t strengthen there in the summer. Or make more of an effort to keep Lemina. Shocking.

Not far from the truth. It's Reed and Gao though. Training is ****. Dressing room lost.

All well and good saying training is this at that but when are the players going to stand up and take responsibility. 4 manager they will have seen off. When do they start passing the buck and admit fault?

I don’t know why people are shocked. You fail to invest in players and sell and you go down. We have been lucky for years.

Sorry but the manager is useless, the boardroom have the wrong strategy and the Chinese owner clearly has Saints as a low priority. The players are dross. Long season of embarrassment towards the Championship awaits. This team isn’t even a contender for automatic promotion.

Heart says we’ll win 6-5 though.

I switched off after the fourth. I found myself thinking at the start of the game, even if Southampton scored, I can't really get excited because they will not score two and will always concede.

This team and management are devoid of ideas, tactics and talent.

Ralph came into the club and somehow managed to keep them up.

This season, with some reasonable signings was supposed to be better, more promising but once again, every year since Koeman left, the team, the club and the individuals have deteriorated.

They are second to every 50/50, five the ball away with hoofs upfield and then sit back and don't know how to deal with the team running at them.

Miss placed passes, poor tackles, dispossessed so easily, clueless in possession.

Leicester are having the easiest match of their season.

Surely even the most optimistic person here will have to admit the whole set up is poor and there are absolutely no signs anywhere that it will improve.

Same players and same manager and same tactics failing week in and week out.

I was all for Ralph and giving him time but I'm sorry, he either pulled a blinder at his interview and is a poor manager or there is something seriously amiss throughout the club.

This is relegation form even if the happy clappers don't agree. There is not an iota of optimism from anywhere.

The commentators said no one in the crowd booed the red card. That's because no one gives a damn. The team are giving the fans absolutely nothing to be passionate about. It is pathetic. Absolutely bloody pathetic and you know what?

It will be the same next week.

I don’t know why people are shocked. You fail to invest in players and sell and you go down. We have been lucky for years.

Sorry but the manager is useless, the boardroom have the wrong strategy and the Chinese owner clearly has Saints as a low priority. The players are dross. Long season of embarrassment towards the Championship awaits. This team isn’t even a contender for automatic promotion.

You could see from the very first minute. The team looked utterly uninterested, barely running, not even trying.

Gutless ****s are trying to hide. Get the **** off if you don’t want to play and get someone on who does.

Get ****ing Prowse Vestergaard and Gunn off at HT. McC, Danso and Armstrong. 4 at the back, send a ****ing message.

I switched off after the fourth. I found myself thinking at the start of the game, even if Southampton scored, I can't really get excited because they will not score two and will always concede.

This team and management are devoid of ideas, tactics and talent.

Ralph came into the club and somehow managed to keep them up.

This season, with some reasonable signings was supposed to be better, more promising but once again, every year since Koeman left, the team, the club and the individuals have deteriorated.

They are second to every 50/50, five the ball away with hoofs upfield and then sit back and don't know how to deal with the team running at them.

Miss placed passes, poor tackles, dispossessed so easily, clueless in possession.

Leicester are having the easiest match of their season.

Surely even the most optimistic person here will have to admit the whole set up is poor and there are absolutely no signs anywhere that it will improve.

Same players and same manager and same tactics failing week in and week out.

I was all for Ralph and giving him time but I'm sorry, he either pulled a blinder at his interview and is a poor manager or there is something seriously amiss throughout the club.

This is relegation form even if the happy clappers don't agree. There is not an iota of optimism from anywhere.

The commentators said no one in the crowd booed the red card. That's because no one gives a damn. The team are giving the fans absolutely nothing to be passionate about. It is pathetic. Absolutely bloody pathetic and you know what?

It will be the same next week.

Record premier league win very much on the cards tonight, and it will be for an away side. If it happens, the shame will never be washed clean.

I decided at the end of the Claud Puel season that I wasn't going to pay another penny into the club under its current management and business strategy. To do so was to let people get rich on the back of ruining our club.

We had a fantastic team and almost made champions league football. They turned it into this.

If it takes another 10 years of struggling, relegation and administration to hit rock bottom and rebuild... well then I'll welcome it.

Because nothing changes the way things are. Even if we sack the manager, get a bounce, stay up... we'll be in the exact same spiral we're in now. This board and club management are entirely unfit for duty.

The good news is this will be "Match Abandoned, waterlogged pitch, you heard it here first. Or waterlogged floodlights failure.

The bad news is this rabble would lose the replayed game anyway. As my missus politely reminded me "we've got city away twice next week"!!

They'll be dancing in the streets of Glasgow tonight. Etc.

Watching with my father in law who has (quite rightly) disappeared into another room in disgust. I've only been Saints fan for forty years, so he has thirty years more disgust than me. I'll keep watching cos I'm a bloody idiot.

It's amazing in a game where everyone is so bad, so so bad, Valery still stands out as being even worse. Ali Dia would make a better full back.