Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 575

Thread: The Ralph Hasenhuttl Thread

  1. #251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Guy View Post
    What I read and quoted "Officially Ralph is the worse manager to preside over a Saints team in our 134 year history." was in context with that game. If you have decided it wasn't and have made up your own mind fair enough.
    I can live with that.
    im trying to understand whether you think he is the worst manager or that was the worst performance. Related perhaps but certainly not the same thing. That quote simply cannot be purely in the context of one game - the subject is ralph as a manager and not the overseeing of an individual game.

  2. #252

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    To those who are absolving Ralph of any blame or who see him through their rose coloured specs, remember the manager should be getting the best out of his players.
    He should be exploiting their strengths and coaching them and employing them on the pitch where they will perform to their best.
    In short, it is his job to improve and manage them.
    He is failing. Redmond is a shadow of the player last season. Hojberg is a headless chicken, Bednarek is making more cock ups, Valery has made more mistakes, the whole team is making more mistakes.
    There is no cohesion, no ideas and the players he has have regressed.
    We are always second to the ball or stand there watching it expecting someone else to get it. We give away possession all the time. We play backwards and sideways and when we get dispossessed we suffer. We hoof it forward, give the opposition back the ball and sit back once more as they attack us.
    Our defence is absolutely shocking. Bertrand is once again looking like he doesn't give a damn and don't even mention Gunn.
    The midfield are devoid of inspiration and ideas and we have Danny Ings as the only person who looks likely to score a goal, occasionally and only if he is gifted it.
    It's the managers job to inspire and improve and it is blindingly obvious that this team of the same players are worse than last year.
    Who else can be blamed?
    Ha it's like ground hog day you've been peddling the same line since Puel four different managers same ****ing rubbish from the same ****ing players.

    The players aren't worse than last season either they where turd for most of last season. Even if you ignore Hughes many of these players had plenty of bad games under Ralph last season. How quickly people forget terrible games under Ralph like Cardiff ( home and away), Newcastle away, Westham at home and Watford at home.





    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  3. #253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Troy View Post
    im trying to understand whether you think he is the worst manager or that was the worst performance. Related perhaps but certainly not the same thing. That quote simply cannot be purely in the context of one game - the subject is ralph as a manager and not the overseeing of an individual game.
    It's a quote that I Saw and read it as "preside over a saints team" as in any one game in our 134 year history.
    I didn't think preside over A team was that hard to understand but hey ho....

  4. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    Ha it's like ground hog day you've been peddling the same line since Puel four different managers same ****ing rubbish from the same ****ing players.

    The players aren't worse than last season either they where turd for most of last season. Even if you ignore Hughes many of these players had plenty of bad games under Ralph last season. How quickly people forget terrible games under Ralph like Cardiff ( home and away), Newcastle away, Westham at home and Watford at home.





    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Hmm. I have maybe mentioned it twice in the last month?
    Hardly groundhog day is it and certainly not peddling the same line since Puel left.....

  5. #255

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    Hmm. I have maybe mentioned it twice in the last month?
    Hardly groundhog day is it and certainly not peddling the same line since Puel left.....
    Yeah my bad I got you mixed up with Adriansfc who has been banging on since the Puel era..

    I still don't agree with your post though we weren't that good last season bar a few games we had plenty of bad team and individual performances under Ralph especially against the lesser teams in the league. The players haven't got massively worse they where never much good to begin with.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  6. #256

    Default

    The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

    We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

    Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

    From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.

  7. #257

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

    We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

    Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

    From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.
    Good post that

  8. #258

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

    We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

    Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

    From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.
    Ralph knew exactly what he was taking on he knew we didn't have the players for his style he must have thought he could change them or was promised signings but unlikely he was if we are a self sufficient club, it appears Rohl was the hands on coach actually training the team not Raplh & that the players prefered & responded to his methods better than Ralph's

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  9. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Ralph knew exactly what he was taking on he knew we didn't have the players for his style he must have thought he could change them or was promised signings but unlikely he was if we are a self sufficient club, it appears Rohl was the hands on coach actually training the team not Raplh & that the players prefered & responded to his methods better than Ralph's

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    You are basis all of this on assumption and things you have never seen in the flesh.

  10. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    Ralph knew exactly what he was taking on he knew we didn't have the players for his style he must have thought he could change them or was promised signings but unlikely he was if we are a self sufficient club, it appears Rohl was the hands on coach actually training the team not Raplh & that the players prefered & responded to his methods better than Ralph's

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Eh, if Rohl was the wunder-coach responsible for all the good things RH achieved, why did Bayern take him to do a video analysis role? I think you've mistaken correlation for causation.

  11. #261

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    12,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    He hasn't shown he is a good manager at saints yet though has he?

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    For me he was excellent for us last season. This season has been very disappointing so far given the expectations after preseason but we all know that the defensive situation wasn’t properly addressed in the last transfer window. What worries me is that Ralph seems to have lost his mojo and the positivity of last season has been replaced with making the best of a bad job.

  12. #262

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    Give Ralph until after the Home game against Norwich,in early December. In that time we would’ve played Everton,Watford,At home and Arsenal away.
    At a push until 8th December after the away game at Newcastle.
    Depending on those games results and performances I would seriously consider getting rid.Give a new man to prepare for January transfer window.
    But here’s the catch....can we afford to sack him...can we do any business in January because of finances.....and crucially,will Laurent Blanc still want the job?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #263

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    Give Ralph until after the Home game against Norwich,in early December. In that time we would’ve played Everton,Watford,At home and Arsenal away.
    At a push until 8th December after the away game at Newcastle.
    Depending on those games results and performances I would seriously consider getting rid.Give a new man to prepare for January transfer window.
    But here’s the catch....can we afford to sack him...can we do any business in January because of finances.....and crucially,will Laurent Blanc still want the job?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ”prepare for January window” = desperately try to get a permanent sale of Lemina, Hoedt, Carrillo etc.

  14. #264

    Default

    I would have thought any new manager coming in to manage Saints after Pellegrino and Hughes would want to
    start building his team from the back. His priority would be buying 1 or 2 experienced but older players to
    organise the defence during the summer window.
    Instead the priority was on assembling a team of youngsters all under 24 years old but as previous managers
    have realised our academy players aren't good enough for the PL.
    It's taken a while but I think Ralph has realised too late the folly in trying to put a team of youngsters together
    while fighting relegation in the PL.
    If there is money to spend in January who will spend it more wisely Ralph or a new manager?

  15. #265

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    11,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Guy View Post
    I would have thought any new manager coming in to manage Saints after Pellegrino and Hughes would want to
    start building his team from the back. His priority would be buying 1 or 2 experienced but older players to
    organise the defence during the summer window.
    Instead the priority was on assembling a team of youngsters all under 24 years old but as previous managers
    have realised our academy players aren't good enough for the PL.
    It's taken a while but I think Ralph has realised too late the folly in trying to put a team of youngsters together
    while fighting relegation in the PL.
    If there is money to spend in January who will spend it more wisely Ralph or a new manager?
    Given the state of the Boardroom, who knows what Ralph might have been promised, that has subsequently failed to materialise.

  16. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Good post that
    Very good post

  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

    We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

    Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

    From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.
    Great post. As for the last paragraph, I think you’re spot on. He did several interviews where he certainly gave the impression he thought movement in the transfer market was going to happen only for it not to be the case.

  18. #268

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Great post. As for the last paragraph, I think you’re spot on. He did several interviews where he certainly gave the impression he thought movement in the transfer market was going to happen only for it not to be the case.
    This is taken from Ralph's wiki page I can imagine this what he was hoping would happen last summer...

    In January 2011, Hasenhüttl succeeded Rainer Scharinger as the coach of third division VfR Aalen,[10] then in 16th place, one point above the relegation zone. His first match was a 1–1 draw against VfB Stuttgart II.[11] Aalen's survival in the 3. Liga earned him a year's contract extension. In the 2011–12 season, he completely rebuilt the team, bringing in eight new players and releasing 14, with the aim of a mid-table finish.[citation needed

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  19. #269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    This is taken from Ralph's wiki page I can imagine this what he was hoping would happen last summer...

    In January 2011, Hasenhüttl succeeded Rainer Scharinger as the coach of third division VfR Aalen,[10] then in 16th place, one point above the relegation zone. His first match was a 1–1 draw against VfB Stuttgart II.[11] Aalen's survival in the 3. Liga earned him a year's contract extension. In the 2011–12 season, he completely rebuilt the team, bringing in eight new players and releasing 14, with the aim of a mid-table finish.[citation needed

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Much easier to release and replace 14 players from a lower division German league, who are paid peanuts, than dross on bloated PL wages.

  20. #270

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Much easier to release and replace 14 players from a lower division German league, who are paid peanuts, than dross on bloated PL wages.
    Clearly but it goes to show he isn't afraid to dismantle a squad and start again (which is basically what we need). Also you can't shake the feeling he was promised a lot more in last summers transfer window than the club delivered. I suspect he doesn't actually want quite a few of our players which would certainly explain some of his team selections and sub choices.

  21. #271

    Default

    An opening for Ralph ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50284272

    On current showing I doubt he'd be in the running although depends on the reputation he's carved out for himself in Germany.

    (Reunion with Danny Rohl !)

  22. #272

    Default

    Was just about to post this

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  23. #273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    An opening for Ralph ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50284272

    On current showing I doubt he'd be in the running although depends on the reputation he's carved out for himself in Germany.

    (Reunion with Danny Rohl !)
    Feels implausible. Brendan Rodgers probably a better candidate right now.

  24. #274

    Default

    I think he’s got a chance of going to Bayern.

  25. #275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Feels implausible. Brendan Rodgers probably a better candidate right now.
    Tend to agree. Ralph's stock will have fallen this season given our position and performances.

    There was a mention on the BBC Gossip page in the last couple of weeks that Mourinho was linked with the Bayern job.

  26. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
    I think he’s got a chance of going to Bayern.
    On holiday

  27. #277

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,606

    Default

    Bayern Munich going for a manager 3rd bottom in England

    Jesus!!!

  28. #278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    An opening for Ralph ?

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50284272

    On current showing I doubt he'd be in the running although depends on the reputation he's carved out for himself in Germany.
    (Reunion with Danny Rohl !)
    I can't see one of the top clubs in the world hiring a manager who just lost 0-9 at home.

  29. #279

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,606

    Default

    Can see it happening.

    We can’t do nothing as this is relegation

  30. #280

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,606

    Default Hassenhuttl - is he all that

    What we are seeing is easily as bad as anything under Hughes or pellegrino

    He had an arguably inferior group of players top 10-ish in the form table in his time last season....

    We have crap players but we had crap players last season. His set up/formations are just fuking odd

    He will depart the club soon enough IMO

  31. #281

    Default

    The win against Arsenal was as good as it got. The laziness of the media thinking he's a good manager has probably kept him in the job. Players have lost belief and so has he. Needs to walk tonight

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  32. #282

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    No he's not. But he's probably the best we're likely to get without being poached by a big club. Ralph is a massive MASSIVE step up from Pellegrino.

    It's not Ralph's fault that the players are just not good enough. "If" we get relegated, which is pretty likely, whom of our current crop of players will get poached? Redmond...JWP (for some reason, the media love him) but that's about it. Oh McCarthey as well probably.

    Our players are absolutely dreadful.

  33. #283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Hassenhuttl - is he all that
    Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?

  34. #284

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,601

    Default Hughes a Dinosaur,Pellegrino was cheap,Hasenhüttle a clueless fraud...

    It’s the only Saints Hatrick we are likely to see...
    What terrible managers we’ve had in a row.
    Who is the worst?
    I’m edging towards Hasenhüttle right now.
    Can he turn it around...even today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #285

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,606

    Default

    Ralph’s last 16 games have been woeful

  36. #286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    It’s the only Saints Hatrick we are likely to see...
    What terrible managers we’ve had in a row.
    Who is the worst?
    I’m edging towards Hasenhüttle right now.
    Can he turn it around...even today?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?




  37. #287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?
    By the same token, I seriously doubt Hasenhutl could deliver multiple top ten finishes with several different Premier League clubs the same way Mark Hughes did based on the last twelve months evidence. He doesn't look like a Premier League manager at all.

    And quite frankly the yardstick for our current manager should not be "is he is better than Pellegrino", who was one of the worst football managers to ever breathe oxygen. Utterly pointless comparison, except that Batman is right: hes not much better.

    Either way, what Ralph did previously is irrelevant because he is falling apart here.

  38. #288

    Default

    Also his name is [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Hasenhüttl [/COLOR]

  39. #289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?


    Are you going to post this on every thread?

    How many bonus points do we get in the Premier League because of Ralph's Bundesliga record? Is it, just to be sure, fu ck all points?

  40. #290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Are you going to post this on every thread?
    I'll post it in every broken record thread.

  41. #291

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Set up yet again with players playing out of position.

  42. #292

    Default

    Changed my mind. Get him out and start building for next season in the League below.

  43. #293

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bordeaux
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Taxi for Ralph.

  44. #294

    Default

    2 wins from 17. Worst first 11 games to a season in our history.

    Total fraud of a manager.

    Can't even do the basics right.

    We have a poor team but it doesn't help when you have a manager picking players in wrong positions rather than change formation.

    One of the worst managers I can remember.

  45. #295

    Default

    Poll time surely.

  46. #296

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    3,452

    Default

    He looks a beaten man. I feel for him.

    Reckon he is a good manager, but having to work with a ****-awful and unbalanced squad. I think we should stick by him whatever happens: give him the chance to build something.

  47. #297

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,267
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    He looks a beaten man. I feel for him.

    Reckon he is a good manager, but having to work with a ****-awful and unbalanced squad. I think we should stick by him whatever happens: give him the chance to build something.
    If a new manager bounce only happens because said manager implements new ideas and tactics then Ralph needs to do something similar or it’ll be curtains unfortunately. I do think for the record he’ll be given till Boxing Day where we just have to find 4 wins from our next 8/9 games from somewhere.

    I’d like to see us return to a 4231 or even a 433 given we have no target man player.

  48. #298

    Default

    Any manager who looks at a squad with 2 right backs and goes i'm going to pick a centre mid there deserves to be unemployed.
    Sack him now whilst its international break. Get in Adkins(experienced successful championship manager), plan on being in the championship & rebuilding from there(anything else is a bonus)

  49. #299

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Swanmore (Near Fareham)
    Posts
    793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suhari View Post
    He looks a beaten man. I feel for him.

    Reckon he is a good manager, but having to work with a ****-awful and unbalanced squad. I think we should stick by him whatever happens: give him the chance to build something.
    I disagree.

    Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he is a good manager or has the potential to be one.

    We haven't even been close to winning games with him in charge.

  50. #300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Benali View Post
    Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he is a good manager or has the potential to be one.
    Newly promoted teams even with some money behind them don't do this without a good manager in charge...


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •