Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

I don’t expect anyone to sit their politely. I turn the air blue as much as anyone during a game but I still don’t maintain that kicking people when they are down is the way to get the best out of them.

Why are they down they are getting fortunes should come in the stands and watch then they would be!

I watched 4 static players not even attempting to move on Saturday.

Not just aimed at you get ****ed off on here people telling me how to support a team spent a fortune on in 55 years going home and occasionally away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are they down they are getting fortunes should come in the stands and watch then they would be!

Not just aimed at you get ****ed off on here people telling me how to support a team spent a fortune on in 55 years going home and occasionally away.

I am not telling you how to support the team but no matter what money these people are earning, they know themselves when they are playing badly. Pros themselves say that when things are going wrong the last thing you want is the crowd on your back. We all curse players when they make mistakes but massed booing doesn’t help. If it did we would be mid table now ;)

I am not telling you how to support the team but no matter what money these people are earning, they know themselves when they are playing badly. Pros themselves say that when things are going wrong the last thing you want is the crowd on your back. We all curse players when they make mistakes but massed booing doesn’t help. If it did we would be mid table now ;)

Bloke to my left (kingsland / northam corner) basically entered the stadium and booed all the way through the game and called the players c*nts everytime he opened his mouth... absolute moron. Why not just stay in the pub? it was almost like he wanted us to fail.

True. Watch our first goal, watch the movement that Ings makes to get on the end of it compared to a totally static and flat footed Long - who Danny actually runs past in order to score.

Ralph was dealt a dud hand when he joined us, not because the squad was second rate but because the absentee owners have offered no financial backing or any other sign of support to improve things. He also had a Board of Directors with minimal football knowledge and those who had football knowledge were both sacked (with good reason) and not replaced yet, leaving him playing a lone hand. I feel the guy is a good amnager with a good record and we are lucky to have him, he needs and deserves max support from us, he isn't getting it from anyone else. I know some selections appear very odd to us, but we have no idea of training ground attitudes, he has.

Ralph was dealt a dud hand when he joined us, not because the squad was second rate but because the absentee owners have offered no financial backing or any other sign of support to improve things. He also had a Board of Directors with minimal football knowledge and those who had football knowledge were both sacked (with good reason) and not replaced yet, leaving him playing a lone hand. I feel the guy is a good amnager with a good record and we are lucky to have him, he needs and deserves max support from us, he isn't getting it from anyone else. I know some selections appear very odd to us, but we have no idea of training ground attitudes, he has.

Absolutely this! I feel that he is trying everything to get something out of this squad. Moaning about playing players out of position.......they weren`t very successful playing in their correct positions. I think that he is trying to "think outside the box" (how I hate that expression) to get something out of a very mediocre squad.

No wins in 9 months 1 point at home this season beaten 9-0 . The support has been fine people pay good money to watch players who earn vast fortunes compared to them go through the motions watching bizarre tactics formations and performances.

Yet you expect us that go to sit politely applaud watching them put in another pathetic performance?

If someone does something good they get cheered, applauded if they foul up yet again then they get told the poor loves my heart bleeds for them.

Come and watch this shower play backwards sideways miss place 5 yard passes don’t even look to go forwards hoof it to a midget then maybe you lot of armchair fans may think differently.

The support has been ok not brilliant but then when you have been starved of anything like a performance it’s hardly surprising.

Have to agree.

I look at myself, sat amongst the other quiet, old lot in Kingsland Premium (and boy are they quiet), and find myself not really looking forward to the games as I once did. I go to all, as I have a ST and its a waste not to (and I escape the Mrs for a while) but 16 wins in the past 4 seasons at home hardly enthuses me, and I expect to not be entertained. If I watch a TV series and it is sh*t, I stop watching it - the difference here is that I have paid upfront.

In years gone by, I might have gone to the U23, but tonight, I'll stay nice and warm by a fire.

They deserved it, they were awful for an hour. They’d get far worse at other clubs believe me. I’d the delicate little flowers can’t cope with a bit of ear ache when they’ve repeatedly been absolute sh*t then it just proves they aren’t good enough. Good players with good mentalities react to that, cowards melt under it.

They may deserve it, and as a paying customer you have the right to boo during play. But I reckon they'll more likely to play better without their home crowd on their back, and instead have loud support every time they go forward. There's a reason why teams usually have a better home record than away.

And if they're still shit despite the support give them both barrels at HT and/or FT!

Rumour of Fat Sam to Watford. We may miss our chance. He’ll keep them up

I reckon given the choice of Fat Sam or going down, it would be split down the middle.

The only supporters that actually liked him being their manager was Bolton.

Didn't understand why he didn't make earlier changes today. We only used 2 subs with the last being in the 88th min.

When Newcastle made changes at around the 60th min we didn't react to it. We started going deeper and hitting balls into the channels for Long to chase. Kept inviting pressure by not being able to keep the ball.

I think jwp had run his socks off so would have put Romeu on for him. And Obafemi on for Ings.

Terrible subs today, not for the first time.
Am still quite unconvinced by Hassenhuttl, I know we can't replace him this season though as literally no one is going to want to come to Saints!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Am still quite unconvinced by Hassenhuttl, I know we can't replace him this season though as literally no one is going to want to come to Saints!

Me too. Some of his substitution decisions are at best odd. His insistence until recently of playing five across the back and players played out of position, and as has been mentioned before the team don't look fit enough. He may come good, we need him to.

This always get trotted out yet we always have plenty of people wanting to come here.

Repeat: No Manager would make these defenders look a solid unit.

Since we have gone back to the more attacking style we have benefitted.

Just taken 6 from 9. Should have got something today but it looks more positive than a week ago for sure, and lots of that down to how RH has done things since the 9-0. Good reaction IMO.

I want to see a Hasenhuttl team after another summer, do lets hope we stay up.

I have to disagree. The players are the problem. Some cant learn, some undermine and some arent good enough. Back Ralph and get him players that fit his system and we are in for a good time. We need another 2 windows at least.

But of course the crux there is for the club to support Ralph in getting players in and out in those two windows. If they don’t then it’s status quo trying to get the best out of what we have.

Didn't know where to put it but this short tifo football explanation of how Ralph played at Leipzeg makes its super clear how and what we are trying to do in our system.

Think the key thing we are missing is a RB and a midfielder who can break the counter press.

[video=youtube;NNJ5pcp_m-o]

And the vast amount of money to spend on players.

17/18

Kampl - £18m

Augustin - £14.4m

Bruma - £13m

Laimer - £6m

Mvogo - £5m

16/17

Keita - £27m

Burke - £14m

Werner - £13m

Upemacano - £9m

Bernado - £6m

Can't see us spending £125m in 2 seasons anytime soon.

I have to disagree. The players are the problem. Some cant learn, some undermine and some arent good enough. Back Ralph and get him players that fit his system and we are in for a good time. We need another 2 windows at least.

If this last window was anything to go by 2 windows would be generous.. still not quite sure wtf happened there there seems some huge disconnect on the summer business.. did Ralph ok the deals ? Is it recruitments fault? Who knows but surely it’s not difficult to sign three players that go streight into the first team in positions we need and we are going to actually use (especially if the players are as bad as most on here make out ) yet only djenepo is getting starts right now.

I mean really 1 highlight weakest positions in our team that needs strengthening

2 sign a player you think is better that goes streight into the first team, that’s improvement! So why have we wasted a window on yet more squad players?

As for Ralph let’s face it he hasn’t been great.. his first full season sees us with a record defeat, less points per game then Pellegrino at this stage of Boths first season and strange player choices and tactics are not really working not seeing a great deal of improvement here he talks a good game in interviews etc but is it really translating to the field?

If this last window was anything to go by 2 windows would be generous.. still not quite sure wtf happened there there seems some huge disconnect on the summer business.. did Ralph ok the deals ? Is it recruitments fault? Who knows but surely it’s not difficult to sign three players that go streight into the first team in positions we need and we are going to actually use (especially if the players are as bad as most on here make out ) yet only djenepo is getting starts right now.

I mean really 1 highlight weakest positions in our team that needs strengthening

2 sign a player you think is better that goes streight into the first team, that’s improvement! So why have we wasted a window on yet more squad players?

As for Ralph let’s face it he hasn’t been great.. his first full season sees us with a record defeat, less points per game then Pellegrino at this stage of Boths first season and strange player choices and tactics are not really working not seeing a great deal of improvement here he talks a good game in interviews etc but is it really translating to the field?

What a shame that all the scapegoats are now removed for the next transfer window but we have no money!!

We've spent £108 over the last two seasons.........

and brought in about £50 million.

Feasibly we should be able to spend about £50-60 million a summer, especially if we shift the deadwood like Forster, Mo, Hoedt, Carillo, etc. like we might be able to make £20 million from Celtic just for the two on loan seeing as they are doing well.

Those Leipzig fees show that good players can be found in the £10-20 million bracket, but our scouting over the last 2-3 years has been poor.

We've spent £108 over the last two seasons.........

and brought in about £50 million.

Feasibly we should be able to spend about £50-60 million a summer, especially if we shift the deadwood like Forster, Mo, Hoedt, Carillo, etc. like we might be able to make £20 million from Celtic just for the two on loan seeing as they are doing well.

Those Leipzig fees show that good players can be found in the £10-20 million bracket, but our scouting over the last 2-3 years has been poor.

We did indeed sell some players for a bit of cash. If I remember rightly they sold players for a grand total of £0 in that 16/17 season. The one where he get's most of his praise from.

We spent £50m this season and sold players for £25m. Last season we spent £55m and sold players for £20m.

But the point is as you say it isn't how much you spend it is how you spend it. We have recruited poorly over the last few seasons.

However as I said before somewhere in here I think Ralph isn't a man to man manager. It doesn't appear based on his time here that he can get players playing decent consistently. What I tried to suggest was that chances are he is going to have the majority of this squad for quite some time. You can't rely on new players being the ones to turn the tide as recently it hasn't worked for us. We don't have a rich backer like Red Bull who are going to go out and spend big every season.

Unless you come from a top job elsewhere where you have won loads of things you won't be getting any of the top jobs in this country. You won't be in one of the ones that will spend heavily both on transfers and wages. You will likely be at a club where you are going to have to show your abilities in getting poor to average players playing above themselves.

We have made some improvement recently. We are playing much better as a team. Which shows the team isn't as bad a some of our results suggest. The question is why did it take so long to see that having 5 defenders was a recipe for disaster? How come when other managers make changes during games we don't make changes to counter them? He tends to make changes only after events have happened. Even when it is obvious that it is about to happen.

17/18

Kampl - £18m

Augustin - £14.4m

Bruma - £13m

Laimer - £6m

Mvogo - £5m

16/17

Keita - £27m

Burke - £14m

Werner - £13m

Upemacano - £9m

Bernado - £6m

Saints spent over £100m in the last two seasons.

Saints spent over £100m in the last two seasons.

Unless I'm using Diane Abbott style maths here £100m isn't quite £125m? ;)

Seriously though. Do you think we would spend those amounts without player sales?

Plus you also have to take into account the revenues of the club's. Spending £100m+ in the PL must be about average? Didn't Villa spend that just this summer? In Germany where the revenue is much lower (tv rights etc) being able to spend that amount is nuts.

Clueless without his mate. Tactic less. Unable to motivate. Can’t pick a team. Why do we turn everything to ****e?

Would love to 100% know the truth about

A) why Rohl left, and

B) why he wasn’t replaced

Today the half time change was right and put us back in the game but why wait until the game is over before making subs 2 and 3?

Clueless without his mate. Tactic less. Unable to motivate. Can’t pick a team. Why do we turn everything to ****e?

We don't buy sh!t,we breed it#

It's the Southampton Way, copyright of Les Reed, and Chairman Gao.

A) why Rohl left, and

Today the half time change was right and put us back in the game but why wait until the game is over before making subs 2 and 3?

This remains the biggest mystery over the last 12 months.

Of course we don't know the true input from Rohl, but there is no doubt that it's all gone down the toilet in the time since he left. Co-incidence or not ?

A) why Rohl left, and

i can probably answer that.

A - he left to go to Bayern Munich. He probably didn’t need to think too hard about that one.

B - he was replaced by Richard Kitzbichler.

The commentator summed it up for me.

Some managers just can't manage in this league. The fixtures are relentless. You get no time to spend trying to figure things out. You have to be tactically aware every minute of every game. You either can adapt to the league or you can't. Ralph would appear to fall into the bracket of those who can't.

The commentator summed it up for me.

Some managers just can't manage in this league. The fixtures are relentless. You get no time to spend trying to figure things out. You have to be tactically aware every minute of every game. You either can adapt to the league or you can't. Ralph would appear to fall into the bracket of those who can't.

Who was the commentator ?

i can probably answer that.

A - he left to go to Bayern Munich. He probably didn’t need to think too hard about that one.

B - he was replaced by Richard Kitzbichler.

No way that is correct

The Bayern job was became about because he left

If that’s as the reason he left the club would’ve been advertising that as “look how good our staff are, they are being poached by one of the biggest and best clubs in the world” instead there was diligence for ages until a mundane rohl has left statement

No way that is correct

The Bayern job was became about because he left

If that’s as the reason he left the club would’ve been advertising that as “look how good our staff are, they are being poached by one of the biggest and best clubs in the world” instead there was diligence for ages until a mundane rohl has left statement

have a look at what the echo said at the time. He left to go to a bundesliga club.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17820910.former-southampton-assistant-danny-rohl-joined-bayern-m

A statement read: "Southampton Football Club can today [Tuesday] confirm that Danny Röhl has left his role as First Team Assistant Manager and has returned to Germany to take up a role with a Bundesliga club ahead of the upcoming season.

And that report was only a week after the echo reported that Rohl had left to “go back to Germany”. Pretty easy to work it out.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl