Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

have a look at what the echo said at the time. He left to go to a bundesliga club.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17820910.former-southampton-assistant-danny-rohl-joined-bayern-m

A statement read: "Southampton Football Club can today [Tuesday] confirm that Danny Röhl has left his role as First Team Assistant Manager and has returned to Germany to take up a role with a Bundesliga club ahead of the upcoming season.

And that report was only a week after the echo reported that Rohl had left to “go back to Germany”. Pretty easy to work it out.

I tend to follow May-Z's interpretation on this and the timing of it. I think several people commented on here that Rohl was nowhere to be seen for a week or so before the announcement.

There article states has left his role as First Team Assistant Manager and has returned to Germany , not that he has left Saints to take up the post at Bayern. Had this been the case then no doubt the club would have issued a more self indulgent article praising their staff and recruitment in the first place. It wouldn't be like SFC not to want to flag up what a great stepping stone we are to your next career move.

Who makes a defensive substitution at 1 nil down then gives Adams 3 minutes to get a goal , got to go now imo !

If you think Romeu for Redmond was a bad decision then I really can’t help you. And I take it you saw what Adams did when he had a chance. That’s why he’s not on the pitch. At least be objective.

Edited by Greenridge

F*** him, he’s got no plan.

Get fat Sam in to shout at these c****

Get the Big Sam Claxon .............**** me we have no idea or movement off the ball ........long should have scored and replays suggest no contact for Ings dissalowed goal ,but by then

we were clutching at straws and ******** our home form is atrocious.

I tend to follow May-Z's interpretation on this and the timing of it. I think several people commented on here that Rohl was nowhere to be seen for a week or so before the announcement.

There article states has left his role as First Team Assistant Manager and has returned to Germany , not that he has left Saints to take up the post at Bayern. Had this been the case then no doubt the club would have issued a more self indulgent article praising their staff and recruitment in the first place. It wouldn't be like SFC not to want to flag up what a great stepping stone we are to your next career move.

Well fair enough, I just tend to disagree. I find it unlikely that he just quit for spurious other reasons then Bayern just decided to recruit him because he was available. For me it’s a no brainer for him, leave a struggling club in the Uk to go to the best team in your home country, and keep quiet about it.

if he’d been out of work for a few weeks then maybe, I see it just that the Echo didn’t have the story then printed it when they did. It’s hardly the type of appointment that would require a conspiracy theory imo.

Who makes a defensive substitution at 1 nil down then gives Adams 3 minutes to get a goal , got to go now imo !

Must of watched a different game to me as thought that was the right sub although not great we were instantly better when we had OR on the park

Must of watched a different game to me as thought that was the right sub although not great we were instantly better when we had OR on the park

If one of the defensive midfielders aren't doing their job take them off and replace them (Peh) When chasing a game you shouldn't take a attacker off for a defensive midfielder imo it just blunts your attack , with Ori and Redmond I'd argue we'd have a better chance of scoring than the other way round Redmond could concentrate on playing further up the pitch rather than worrying about tracking back . As for the Adams sub imo there is zero point making a sub with 3minutes to go you can't even get up to speed in that time as I have heard numerous ex players say let alone a young striker in his first season in the premier league struggling to get a goal .

Not sure that’s the answer. Too risky. Allardyce is proven. Won’t be pretty, but may save the club’s existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our squad couldn't do what Allardyce would ask of them. We clearly don't have the players to dig in and grind out wins with defensive football.

Our defenders are simply not good enough.

Replacing the Manager won't sort out the problem, which is the players.

Our squad couldn't do what Allardyce would ask of them. We clearly don't have the players to dig in and grind out wins with defensive football.

He would tighten it up, no question, and wouldn’t pick such a lightweight midfield Or Redmond ever, which would get my vote. He’d also probably pick Yoshida, as I would. And he’d get more out of tactical substitutions at correct times. And he’d put the living fear into them. All opinion, obviously....

He would tighten it up, no question, and wouldn’t pick such a lightweight midfield Or Redmond ever, which would get my vote. He’d also probably pick Yoshida, as I would. And he’d get more out of tactical substitutions at correct times. And he’d put the living fear into them. All opinion, obviously....

I dread at the idea of you being our DOF. Luckily you are not...

What is apparent is that when Ralph first joined he had us playing a decent high press game and getting some good results, this with almost the same team we have now, so stating that it is the players who are ****e obviously is not 100% correct. Yes they are pretty awful but they have in the past managed to get it together.

Rohl’s departure has almost certainly impacted the team and the effectiveness of Ralph, and if Ralph cannot function properly without Rohl then he is no good for us. We do not have the time to try and get a Rohl replacement and wait and hope for it to work.

Who out there is any better is the problem, answers on a post card.

What is apparent is that when Ralph first joined he had us playing a decent high press game and getting some good results, this with almost the same team we have now, so stating that it is the players who are ****e obviously is not 100% correct. Yes they are pretty awful but they have in the past managed to get it together.

Rohl’s departure has almost certainly impacted the team and the effectiveness of Ralph, and if Ralph cannot function properly without Rohl then he is no good for us. We do not have the time to try and get a Rohl replacement and wait and hope for it to work.

Who out there is any better is the problem, answers on a post card.

...and can bring 15 players with him. Because if he can’t then there’s no point changing him.

I really don’t think big Sam would come here. He’s clever and isn’t stupid enough to ruin his reputation as never being relegated in trying to get this rabble to stay up

Agree with you re the players but this isn’t new, we knew most of them weren’t good enough at least 2 seasons ago.

Well Romeo was the right sub as midfield of two were not controlling the ball long enough or well enough and Redmond well not sure what he was doing woefully out of form, may as well of taken off Djenpo for his lack of touches in first half , if he could have the first touch of Long who on the whole had a reasonable game, won most headers then he be quite a player. But that sub needed to be made in 1st half , you could see the shape wasnt right, there was no pressing the ball like previous games , can Sky now f off and leave us alone at St Marys

Ralph is a busted flush , he doesn't react generally his subs are like for like , doesn't move the shape or team around , was crying out for Armstrong earlier but if the team just moved the ball forward quicker instead of looking back and sideways , the number of times McCarthy didn't let go of the ball quickly , we had no one who would put the ball behind the RB for Djenpo to run at , what was JWP there for? freekicks and corners see to be the sum total of his game ,

This. Don't think there would be very many decent managers wanting to gamble their reputations on trying to keep this lot in the premier league.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

were we actually any good though? We struggled massively towards the end of the season. I recall we beat a terrible Arsenal, Huddersfield, Fulham and Brighton. You have to beat whats in front of you, but do we simply beat the teams going through a period of struggle. I guess the Spurs and Wolves home wins were good performances. This season we have beaten Brighton and Sheff United, but both were finding their feet and then Watford and Norwich, both terrible. It strikes me that we are just a rank poor side, only really beating sides that are worse than us, with the odd decent result here and there. We are better with Ralph than Hughes, but there is only so much a manager can do.

A different/better manager might get a little more out of the players, but its been three years of struggle and that's simply because we don't have enough top quality. We have some half decent players, and quite a few that would not look out f place if in a better side, but not many (if any at all) that can lift an average team to a higher level.

Edited by Chez

were we actually any good though? We struggled massively towards the end of the season. I recall we beat a terrible Arsenal, Huddersfield, Fulham and Brighton. You have to beat whats in front of you, but do we simply beat the teams going through a period of struggle. I guess the Spurs and Wolves home wins were good performances. This season we have beaten Brighton and Sheff United, but both were finding their feet and then Watford and Norwich, both terrible. It strikes me that we are just a rank poor side, only really beating sides that are worse than us, with the odd decent result here and there. We are better with Ralph than Hughes, but there is only so much a manager can do.

A different/better manager might get a little more out of the players, but its been three years of struggle and that's simply because we don't have enough top quality. We have some half decent players, and quite a few that would not look out f place if in a better side, but not many (if any at all) that can lift an average team to a higher level.

IIRC Spurs should have buried us in the first half.

Even the Spurs performance was poor. Should have been buried by half time.

We are weak throughout the spine, apart from Ings. Our full backs don't want to be here. Our owner is a clueless absentee.

The club is screwed. If we don't go down this year we'll go down in the next year or two unless Gap suddenly finds and spends a wad of cash or manages to find someone competent to take over.

Rohl leaving wasn’t his choice, I’m not going to elaborate on this but there is a reeson why he disappeared for a while, he got lucky with the Munich job, look at their form this season, he isn’t the magician some think he is.

Even the Spurs performance was poor. Should have been buried by half time.

We are weak throughout the spine, apart from Ings. Our full backs don't want to be here. Our owner is a clueless absentee.

The club is screwed. If we don't go down this year we'll go down in the next year or two unless Gap suddenly finds and spends a wad of cash or manages to find someone competent to take over.

Correct. Survival this season is just delaying the inevitable. Our spine and defence is pathetic, despite being utter sh8the we have to sell to buy. Tough few years ahead, all those that whinged about finishing 8th and cup finals will think it’s the promised land soon.

Get Rafa in......

Also start playing Sims, Hesketh / Slattery and any other prospects from Academy Mitchell? Robise? Surely they can't be any worse then these clowns playing week in week out...

Good call if were going down then blood them in early and take it from there,...9-0 at home with those players...wow still grates,so why not bring in someone different ,maybe not all at once ,but

we have to try and bring the spirit of the club back to the paying public and so they can feel the club are trying. How many passes at the back do we need to get the ball to go from our own half of the pitch to thiers?

too many it seems and thats because theres no brave pass thats available to turn defence into attack anymore because were too slow in thought and deed.Hojberg in the first half was absolutly appauling...

and hes the captain.

Maybe nurture some youngsters in the set up now before its the obligitury last knockings of the seasonand they mean nothing until the start of the new.Be brave give others a chance.

We looked much better with OR. He actually has the close control and spacial awareness of a professional CM.

Correct. Survival this season is just delaying the inevitable. Our spine and defence is pathetic, despite being utter sh8the we have to sell to buy. Tough few years ahead, all those that whinged about finishing 8th and cup finals will think it’s the promised land soon.
Probably our biggest mistake was deciding puel wasn't exciting enough, I would take a defensively ground out one nil win any day over the **** we are served up now

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How many different people have to try to polish a turd before you accept the turd can’t be polished??
I agree to a certain extent but you have to admit our managerial recruitment has been appalling, Pellegrino & Hughes & now Hassenhuttl noone else had those anywhere near their radar only saints

How many different people have to try to polish a turd before you accept the turd can’t be polished??
At some point someone at the club needs to realise that new manager bounce can only take us so far....

We need better players and have done for ages. Our academy isn't producing, our find a gem strategy is flawed now that everyone else is doing the same thing, ... Time to ditch the Southampton way and do something else

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Probably our biggest mistake was deciding puel wasn't exciting enough, I would take a defensively ground out one nil win any day over the **** we are served up now

Every day, my comment that what Puel achieved with us was world-class is proving to be correct.

The fans were helmets about Puel, even now it’s laughable that some still bleat on about how bad he was. The problem was some of the players didn’t like Puel, many of the sames that didn’t like Pellegrino. Or Hughes. Or Ralph. I wonder what the issue could be?

Actually it’s you who should take A look at yourself...

Suggesting Big Sam is pure Dinosaurism and shows how out of touch our fanbase is with modern football.

We don’t even have the players to play his type of football ffs.

Its not the manager that s wrong. Wake up the lot of you!

We re crying for someone in the midfield who can boss the game.

Center back would be a plus but our overiding problem is center midfield.

The reason we look so disjointed is precisely for that reason.

The fans were helmets about Puel, even now it’s laughable that some still bleat on about how bad he was. The problem was some of the players didn’t like Puel, many of the sames that didn’t like Pellegrino. Or Hughes. Or Ralph. I wonder what the issue could be?

I never understood the hatred for Puel. Ok, it often wasn’t entertaining but this is a results driven activity not a night at the opera. I think Ralph is ok but he looks a beaten man. Our home form is atrocious and will send us down. As we know, January is not a good time to buy players, but somehow we have to find two or three gems. I’m not holding my breath. The alternative is to take a punt on youth. Trouble is, there isn’t much there at the moment. Things are not looking good.

At some point someone at the club needs to realise that new manager bounce can only take us so far....

We need better players and have done for ages. Our academy isn't producing, our find a gem strategy is flawed now that everyone else is doing the same thing, ... Time to ditch the Southampton way and do something else

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

no doubt we have not done things well/right in recent years, but what might something else look like?

Get Rafa in......

Also start playing Sims, Hesketh / Slattery and any other prospects from Academy Mitchell? Robise? Surely they can't be any worse then these clowns playing week in week out...

Hasn't Ralph played Obefemi, Valery, Danso, Gunn, Slattery and Ramsey?

I never understood the hatred for Puel. Ok, it often wasn’t entertaining but this is a results driven activity not a night at the opera. I think Ralph is ok but he looks a beaten man. Our home form is atrocious and will send us down. As we know, January is not a good time to buy players, but somehow we have to find two or three gems. I’m not holding my breath. The alternative is to take a punt on youth. Trouble is, there isn’t much there at the moment. Things are not looking good.

Each manager has been dealt a worse hand than the previous one. The sales of Mané, Wanyama, van Dijk and Fonte obviously hurt us badly but perhaps the sale of Tadic was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

The only way out of this mess is by having two (or possibly three) amazing transfer windows in a row, in which perhaps two out of three signings in each window goes straight into the first 11 and shines straight away. At the moment we are lucky to see one out of three signings get into the first 11 and that guy doesn't really improve us. After too many below par windows, we need to excel in the next one - how we do that with no funds available is beyond me.

Each manager has been dealt a worse hand than the previous one. The sales of Mané, Wanyama, van Dijk and Fonte obviously hurt us badly but perhaps the sale of Tadic was the final straw that broke the camel's back.

How did that impact on our woes in defence and central midfield?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl