Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

To those who are absolving Ralph of any blame or who see him through their rose coloured specs, remember the manager should be getting the best out of his players.

He should be exploiting their strengths and coaching them and employing them on the pitch where they will perform to their best.

In short, it is his job to improve and manage them.

He is failing. Redmond is a shadow of the player last season. Hojberg is a headless chicken, Bednarek is making more cock ups, Valery has made more mistakes, the whole team is making more mistakes.

There is no cohesion, no ideas and the players he has have regressed.

We are always second to the ball or stand there watching it expecting someone else to get it. We give away possession all the time. We play backwards and sideways and when we get dispossessed we suffer. We hoof it forward, give the opposition back the ball and sit back once more as they attack us.

Our defence is absolutely shocking. Bertrand is once again looking like he doesn't give a damn and don't even mention Gunn.

The midfield are devoid of inspiration and ideas and we have Danny Ings as the only person who looks likely to score a goal, occasionally and only if he is gifted it.

It's the managers job to inspire and improve and it is blindingly obvious that this team of the same players are worse than last year.

Who else can be blamed?

Ha it's like ground hog day you've been peddling the same line since Puel four different managers same ****ing rubbish from the same ****ing players.

The players aren't worse than last season either they where turd for most of last season. Even if you ignore Hughes many of these players had plenty of bad games under Ralph last season. How quickly people forget terrible games under Ralph like Cardiff ( home and away), Newcastle away, Westham at home and Watford at home.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

im trying to understand whether you think he is the worst manager or that was the worst performance. Related perhaps but certainly not the same thing. That quote simply cannot be purely in the context of one game - the subject is ralph as a manager and not the overseeing of an individual game.

It's a quote that I Saw and read it as "preside over a saints team" as in any one game in our 134 year history.

I didn't think preside over A team was that hard to understand but hey ho....

Ha it's like ground hog day you've been peddling the same line since Puel four different managers same ****ing rubbish from the same ****ing players.

The players aren't worse than last season either they where turd for most of last season. Even if you ignore Hughes many of these players had plenty of bad games under Ralph last season. How quickly people forget terrible games under Ralph like Cardiff ( home and away), Newcastle away, Westham at home and Watford at home.

Hmm. I have maybe mentioned it twice in the last month?

Hardly groundhog day is it and certainly not peddling the same line since Puel left.....

Hmm. I have maybe mentioned it twice in the last month?

Hardly groundhog day is it and certainly not peddling the same line since Puel left.....

Yeah my bad I got you mixed up with Adriansfc who has been banging on since the Puel era..

I still don't agree with your post though we weren't that good last season bar a few games we had plenty of bad team and individual performances under Ralph especially against the lesser teams in the league. The players haven't got massively worse they where never much good to begin with.

The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.

The success of modern German football is all about athleticism, and we must have the least athletic squad in the league.

We have midfielders without stamina, central defenders without strength, and strikers without pace. Added to that, there's an almost uniformly low level of technical ability which means we pass the ball slowly & conservatively, and have very few players capable of taking the ball past an opponent.

Essentially, our squad is the exact opposite of the one RH thrived with at Leipzig - whether that's his fault for coming here, or our fault for not recognising the disconnect is a valid - but at this point futile - question.

From his comments before the 2019 January and Summer windows, I suspect RH expected more leeway to transform of the playing squad - no wonder he looks peeved.

Good post that

Ralph knew exactly what he was taking on he knew we didn't have the players for his style he must have thought he could change them or was promised signings but unlikely he was if we are a self sufficient club, it appears Rohl was the hands on coach actually training the team not Raplh & that the players prefered & responded to his methods better than Ralph's

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ralph knew exactly what he was taking on he knew we didn't have the players for his style he must have thought he could change them or was promised signings but unlikely he was if we are a self sufficient club, it appears Rohl was the hands on coach actually training the team not Raplh & that the players prefered & responded to his methods better than Ralph's

You are basis all of this on assumption and things you have never seen in the flesh.

Eh, if Rohl was the wunder-coach responsible for all the good things RH achieved, why did Bayern take him to do a video analysis role? I think you've mistaken correlation for causation.

He hasn't shown he is a good manager at saints yet though has he?

For me he was excellent for us last season. This season has been very disappointing so far given the expectations after preseason but we all know that the defensive situation wasn’t properly addressed in the last transfer window. What worries me is that Ralph seems to have lost his mojo and the positivity of last season has been replaced with making the best of a bad job.

Give Ralph until after the Home game against Norwich,in early December. In that time we would’ve played Everton,Watford,At home and Arsenal away.

At a push until 8th December after the away game at Newcastle.

Depending on those games results and performances I would seriously consider getting rid.Give a new man to prepare for January transfer window.

But here’s the catch....can we afford to sack him...can we do any business in January because of finances.....and crucially,will Laurent Blanc still want the job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give Ralph until after the Home game against Norwich,in early December. In that time we would’ve played Everton,Watford,At home and Arsenal away.

At a push until 8th December after the away game at Newcastle.

Depending on those games results and performances I would seriously consider getting rid.Give a new man to prepare for January transfer window.

But here’s the catch....can we afford to sack him...can we do any business in January because of finances.....and crucially,will Laurent Blanc still want the job?

”prepare for January window” = desperately try to get a permanent sale of Lemina, Hoedt, Carrillo etc.

I would have thought any new manager coming in to manage Saints after Pellegrino and Hughes would want to

start building his team from the back. His priority would be buying 1 or 2 experienced but older players to

organise the defence during the summer window.

Instead the priority was on assembling a team of youngsters all under 24 years old but as previous managers

have realised our academy players aren't good enough for the PL.

It's taken a while but I think Ralph has realised too late the folly in trying to put a team of youngsters together

while fighting relegation in the PL.

If there is money to spend in January who will spend it more wisely Ralph or a new manager?

I would have thought any new manager coming in to manage Saints after Pellegrino and Hughes would want to

start building his team from the back. His priority would be buying 1 or 2 experienced but older players to

organise the defence during the summer window.

Instead the priority was on assembling a team of youngsters all under 24 years old but as previous managers

have realised our academy players aren't good enough for the PL.

It's taken a while but I think Ralph has realised too late the folly in trying to put a team of youngsters together

while fighting relegation in the PL.

If there is money to spend in January who will spend it more wisely Ralph or a new manager?

Given the state of the Boardroom, who knows what Ralph might have been promised, that has subsequently failed to materialise.

Great post. As for the last paragraph, I think you’re spot on. He did several interviews where he certainly gave the impression he thought movement in the transfer market was going to happen only for it not to be the case.

Great post. As for the last paragraph, I think you’re spot on. He did several interviews where he certainly gave the impression he thought movement in the transfer market was going to happen only for it not to be the case.
This is taken from Ralph's wiki page I can imagine this what he was hoping would happen last summer...

In January 2011, Hasenhüttl succeeded Rainer Scharinger as the coach of third division VfR Aalen,[10] then in 16th place, one point above the relegation zone. His first match was a 1–1 draw against VfB Stuttgart II.[11] Aalen's survival in the 3. Liga earned him a year's contract extension. In the 2011–12 season, he completely rebuilt the team, bringing in eight new players and releasing 14, with the aim of a mid-table finish.[citation needed

This is taken from Ralph's wiki page I can imagine this what he was hoping would happen last summer...

In January 2011, Hasenhüttl succeeded Rainer Scharinger as the coach of third division VfR Aalen,[10] then in 16th place, one point above the relegation zone. His first match was a 1–1 draw against VfB Stuttgart II.[11] Aalen's survival in the 3. Liga earned him a year's contract extension. In the 2011–12 season, he completely rebuilt the team, bringing in eight new players and releasing 14, with the aim of a mid-table finish.[citation needed

Much easier to release and replace 14 players from a lower division German league, who are paid peanuts, than dross on bloated PL wages.

Much easier to release and replace 14 players from a lower division German league, who are paid peanuts, than dross on bloated PL wages.

Clearly but it goes to show he isn't afraid to dismantle a squad and start again (which is basically what we need). Also you can't shake the feeling he was promised a lot more in last summers transfer window than the club delivered. I suspect he doesn't actually want quite a few of our players which would certainly explain some of his team selections and sub choices.

Feels implausible. Brendan Rodgers probably a better candidate right now.

Tend to agree. Ralph's stock will have fallen this season given our position and performances.

There was a mention on the BBC Gossip page in the last couple of weeks that Mourinho was linked with the Bayern job.

What we are seeing is easily as bad as anything under Hughes or pellegrino

He had an arguably inferior group of players top 10-ish in the form table in his time last season....

We have crap players but we had crap players last season. His set up/formations are just fuking odd

He will depart the club soon enough IMO

No he's not. But he's probably the best we're likely to get without being poached by a big club. Ralph is a massive MASSIVE step up from Pellegrino.

It's not Ralph's fault that the players are just not good enough. "If" we get relegated, which is pretty likely, whom of our current crop of players will get poached? Redmond...JWP (for some reason, the media love him) but that's about it. Oh McCarthey as well probably.

Our players are absolutely dreadful.

It’s the only Saints Hatrick we are likely to see...

What terrible managers we’ve had in a row.

Who is the worst?

I’m edging towards Hasenhüttle right now.

Can he turn it around...even today?

Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?

Do you think Hughes or Pellegrino could manage a newly promoted team to 2nd & 6th in the Bundesliga?
By the same token, I seriously doubt Hasenhutl could deliver multiple top ten finishes with several different Premier League clubs the same way Mark Hughes did based on the last twelve months evidence. He doesn't look like a Premier League manager at all.

And quite frankly the yardstick for our current manager should not be "is he is better than Pellegrino", who was one of the worst football managers to ever breathe oxygen. Utterly pointless comparison, except that Batman is right: hes not much better.

Either way, what Ralph did previously is irrelevant because he is falling apart here.

Are you going to post this on every thread?

How many bonus points do we get in the Premier League because of Ralph's Bundesliga record? Is it, just to be sure, fu ck all points?

2 wins from 17. Worst first 11 games to a season in our history.

Total fraud of a manager.

Can't even do the basics right.

We have a poor team but it doesn't help when you have a manager picking players in wrong positions rather than change formation.

One of the worst managers I can remember.

He looks a beaten man. I feel for him.

Reckon he is a good manager, but having to work with a ****-awful and unbalanced squad. I think we should stick by him whatever happens: give him the chance to build something.

If a new manager bounce only happens because said manager implements new ideas and tactics then Ralph needs to do something similar or it’ll be curtains unfortunately. I do think for the record he’ll be given till Boxing Day where we just have to find 4 wins from our next 8/9 games from somewhere.

I’d like to see us return to a 4231 or even a 433 given we have no target man player.

He looks a beaten man. I feel for him.

Reckon he is a good manager, but having to work with a ****-awful and unbalanced squad. I think we should stick by him whatever happens: give him the chance to build something.

I disagree.

Haven't seen anything from him to suggest he is a good manager or has the potential to be one.

We haven't even been close to winning games with him in charge.

Really not sure what’s happened to him. Last season he was excellent. But he’s fallen out with more than one player and just keeps making some bizarre team choices. worrying that the players just look so lost, and we start so many games so badly. Two touches in the opposition area in the first half is awful.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl