Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Fck off they need coaching. Stupid cnts can’t defend a basic corner. That is coaching. Stop giving him a pass. I don’t think he is a bad manager but it ain’t working
Any proffesional player that still needs to be coached on the basics of defending a corner shouldn't be playing in the ****ing PL. These ****s have been coached every week since they where kids in an academy and they still struggle with the basics.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Any proffesional player that still needs to be coached on the basics of defending a corner shouldn't be playing in the ****ing PL. These ****s have been coached every week since they where kids in an academy and they still struggle with the basics.

Spot on

I think he will walk, he's lost belief and so have the players. I've said it before but I'd get Lee Johnson in from Bristol City. Nothing to lose now and he's done three seasons now in the Championship. Fans were calling for his head 2 years ago and he's turned it around. Works with what he has and is a great motivator who can change games when things aren't going well.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh the fckin manager is great. Why bother going in every day eh? They have played lots of football since kids so clearly coaching has no purpose.

Even the genius that is the fcker can’t get a tune.

We are all so jealous of Sheffield Utd squad and their raw talent. Nothing to do with coaching and clearly performing greater than sum of parts.

Sorry but a fine manager with a poor squad would still put his players in their strongest positions, would drop underperforming players and get them to show some pride after a record breaking defeat.
Err which players aren't under performing?

We've tried out every combo of CBs available in the squad and they've all under performed ( putting it kindly).

We have four CMs in the squad and none of them have been very good.

We've tried both RB options available and guess what..they've both been crap.

We have one left back in the squad and he has been oh that's right ****

Up front he dropped an under performing Adams and played Ings whose been ok as soon as Djenpo was fit he put him straight back in the squad.

I think he will walk, he's lost belief and so have the players. I've said it before but I'd get Lee Johnson in from Bristol City. Nothing to lose now and he's done three seasons now in the Championship. Fans were calling for his head 2 years ago and he's turned it around. Works with what he has and is a great motivator who can change games when things aren't going well.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Fans were calling for his head and he turned it around?

Should RH be given more time then?

Not sure what you on about. Before Cedric got injured he was looking good. Valery has been inconsistent, poor against Chelsea, good against wolves, poor against Leicester but then good against City. That's what's completely nuts about it, it's not as if valery played badly last time, it was just an attempt to force others into the team at the expense of any sort of shape.

Oh the fckin manager is great. Why bother going in every day eh? They have played lots of football since kids so clearly coaching has no purpose.

Even the genius that is the fcker can’t get a tune.

We are all so jealous of Sheffield Utd squad and their raw talent. Nothing to do with coaching and clearly performing greater than sum of parts.

Basically the Same players that have had several managers and numerous coaches over the last three seasons and yet still haven't managed to improve.

May be we've been unlucky and every manager and coach we've employed the last few years has just failed to get this super talented bunch of players to perform. Clearly the players are amazing and just being let down by the coaches.

Basically the Same players that have had several managers and numerous coaches over the last three seasons and yet still haven't managed to improve.

May be we've been unlucky and every manager and coach we've employed the last few years has just failed to get this super talented bunch of players to perform. Clearly the players are amazing and just being let down by the coaches.

No point in a manager then. All just the players.

He’s off to Real Madrid soon

Not sure what you on about. Before Cedric got injured he was looking good. Valery has been inconsistent, poor against Chelsea, good against wolves, poor against Leicester but then good against City. That's what's completely nuts about it, it's not as if valery played badly last time, it was just an attempt to force others into the team at the expense of any sort of shape.
I haven't seen anything particularly great from either of them. Cedric has always been suspect defending and his crossing has never been up to standard. Valery was decent when he came in last season and no where near that level this season.

And no one said that did they. .. but carry on making stuff up in your head.

Carry on not thinking any manager or coaching makes a difference. Just throw the fcking dice to see who plays full back that will do it. Not his fault he has been dealt a sh1t hand, They will know where to play and what to do cos they been playing the game since they were toddlers.

Game is simple

We've tried out every combo of CBs available in the squad and they've all under performed ( putting it kindly).

We have four CMs in the squad and none of them have been very good.

We have one left back in the squad and he has been oh that's right ****

Up front he dropped an under performing Adams and played Ings whose been ok as soon as Djenpo was fit he put him straight back in the squad.

every player is under performing in our squad why?

maybe poor leadership and tactics from RH

I can understand why the player take all the blame their not very good , but even a poor 2nd division team can play well against PL teams when the structure and leadership set by the manager gives them the belief they can win or at least compete. When was the last time you thought we could win or compete in a match (not for a long time) whether RH is a good or bad manager is no longer important .The fact is he is not doing it here the players and fans have no faith in him and by his body language he has no faith in himself. If he does not move on or is sacked what is going to change to give us at least some hope of staying up or just improving our chances of winning a game . So to all you who wish him to stay I said good luck and relegation here we come without any sign of a fight (just blame the players ) all you have to look forward to is an empty St Marysand more strange decision when slecting our team is that what you all really want.

Carry on not thinking any manager or coaching makes a difference. Just throw the fcking dice to see who plays full back that will do it. Not his fault he has been dealt a sh1t hand, They will know where to play and what to do cos they been playing the game since they were toddlers.

Game is simple

Know you're right the next manager will get these players playing really well. I mean they've been failures for three seasons now but it's not their fault. Hopefully the next guy will be able to coach them how to pass to a team mate, check their shoulder, how to tackle, to not **** around with the ball in front of their own goal, and how to win a header I mean kids playing ****ing tyro can manage this **** so with the right coach hopeful these players will one day to.

every player is under performing in our squad why?

maybe poor leadership and tactics from RH

I can understand why the player take all the blame their not very good , but even a poor 2nd division team can play well against PL teams when the structure and leadership set by the manager gives them the belief they can win or at least compete. When was the last time you thought we could win or compete in a match (not for a long time) whether RH is a good or bad manager is no longer important .The fact is he is not doing it here the players and fans have no faith in him and by his body language he has no faith in himself. If he does not move on or is sacked what is going to change to give us at least some hope of staying up or just improving our chances of winning a game . So to all you who wish him to stay I said good luck and relegation here we come without any sign of a fight (just blame the players ) all you have to look forward to is an empty St Marysand more strange decision when slecting our team is that what you all really want.

Its not just under Ralph though that's the point. A lot of the players in this squad where poor under Puel, poor under Pellegrino, poor under Hughes and now poor under Ralph.

Look to Swansea. Complete clear out, young team, doing ok in championship.

Wouldn’t want Sam. I’d have Adkins in a heartbeat.

Likewise I’d have Adkins back...but Ralph needs a decent coaching team behind him but doubt he’ll get that or the time.

Now i like Ralph and was excited for the next few seasons however he is loosing me to so much poor game management, bad tactical decisions, negative tactics especially at home. In all i feel perhaps he is a fraud and his good work was done by Rohl. Im not excusing the players as theyve been f*****g abysmal but every game theres been head scratching decisions and i cant see it changing

Know you're right the next manager will get these players playing really well. I mean they've been failures for three seasons now but it's not their fault. Hopefully the next guy will be able to coach them how to pass to a team mate, check their shoulder, how to tackle, to not **** around with the ball in front of their own goal, and how to win a header I mean kids playing ****ing tyro can manage this **** so with the right coach hopeful these players will one day to.

Close down Staplewood. No need for coaching and no team ever benefits from it. Once the formative years of Tyro have gone there’s fck all you can do.

9-0 at home was inevitable and nothing to do with the manager.

Close down Staplewood. No need for coaching and no team ever benefits from it. Once the formative years of Tyro have gone there’s fck all you can do.

9-0 at home was inevitable and nothing to do with the manager.

No no lets change the manager again and again and keep the players because the players are clearly brilliant. I mean the last four couldn't get them playing well but the next one will be different, or the one after that, or maybe the one after that sooner of later someone will coach the likes of JWP to be better.

We have two choices.

Keep a manager who knows the players, understands the issues and hopefully buy a rb and a lb in january.

Or

Get in a manager who doesn't know the players doesn't understand the issues and finds out that he's helpless in March.

I would rather stick with Hassenhuttl.

Ralph got these players playing well enough last season. Miles better than now.

What’s changed?

We have two choices.

Keep a manager who knows the players, understands the issues and hopefully buy a rb and a lb in january.

Or

Get in a manager who doesn't know the players doesn't understand the issues and finds out that he's helpless in March.

I would rather stick with Hassenhuttl.

Yeah because the worst defeat in our 134 year history , the worst home defeat by any top flight club, the worst home start to a season in history are just blips.

Yeah because the worst defeat in our 134 year history , the worst home defeat by any top flight club, the worst home start to a season in history are just blips.
It's not a blip.

The biggest muck up of the summer was selling Targett.

But we've got a situation, which i don't think is improved by changing managerial personnel.

We would still have a back line that can't defend.

It's not a blip.

The biggest muck up of the summer was selling Targett.

But we've got a situation, which i don't think is improved by changing managerial personnel.

We would still have a back line that can't defend.

How come we were miles better last season?

I would argue we have a better squad of players now.

I did. I just think it's like saying wenger would be a great assistant to emery. I heard them talking about adkins as an actual idea on the totalsaints podcast and no one pointed out the obvious massive flaw.

I guess it depends where you are in career terms and whether certain circumstances (club in the sh1t, manager struggling and manager out of work) might just be the scenario for it to happen but, as we both agree, it wouldn’t end well for one or more of the three.

Ralph got these players playing well enough last season. Miles better than now.

What’s changed?

The players try playing for the first few games of the season but when things start going against them they down tools and blame the manager. He'll get the boot and then they'll try to play for the new man until then end of the season so they can shift the blame onto the bloke they got sacked. It's happened with every manager since Puel got the sack and will probably continue to do so as long as we have this bunch of spineless tossers playing for us.

I agree, and if we are to improve it will be with steady steps in the right direction with a constant manager at the helm who has a clear philosophy and way of playing. We have that now, we just have to sign a decent wingback and central midfielder in Jan, scrape 15th-17th, and continue the slow rebuild in the summer. It's a marathon not a sprint.
What is his clear philosophy and way of playing please?

Is it the Chaos theory?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The only hope is Ralph admits his mistake, gets on his knees and begs Rohl to come back, and the club offer him (Rohl) a massive pay increase to pry him back from Bayern Munich.

I'm not holding my breath.

What is this fascination about Rohl? People have convinced themselves he was some sort of coaching genius. If he was he would be doing more than video analysis. We would still be in the s*** even if he was here. He was certainly here for the last 6/7 games of last season when we were abysmal

This isn't about Ralph being able to turn things around. The the man looks seriously ill and he doesn't look like

a manager that is up to leading the players on some miraculous journey out of the bottom 3 ever.

The damage has been done and what we are watching now is the demise of a once good manager who is now finding it impossible

to make a comeback from a 0-9 defeat.

I don't think Ralph can afford to walk away and I don't think Gao can afford to pay him off.

There seems to be a standoff between Gao keeping Ralph to his contractual obligation and Ralph wanting to be paid off asap.

The players try playing for the first few games of the season but when things start going against them they down tools and blame the manager. He'll get the boot and then they'll try to play for the new man until then end of the season so they can shift the blame onto the bloke they got sacked. It's happened with every manager since Puel got the sack and will probably continue to do so as long as we have this bunch of spineless tossers playing for us.

Spot on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were Shyte at the start of the season.

Battered away at Burnley, crap at Brighton and Sheffield u until VAR/Red cards came to our rescue

Utterly crap all season

We were Shyte at the start of the season.

Battered away at Burnley, crap at Brighton and Sheffield u until VAR/Red cards came to our rescue

Utterly crap all season

TBF we where crap at the end of last season but it was lost in the euphoria of scrapeing safety again. We had no wins in the last five games of last season the players have just carried on where they left off..

Ralph or players at fault is of course a false dichotomy. It is, of course, a combination of both.

Ralph's career is in serious jeopardy, unless he can turn it around. Getting sacked or walking are not a great options for him, the latter almost never happens anyway because you don't get paid off.

The squad has well-documented serious weaknesses but is not as abject as the present performances. Baffling selections and out of position players are a mystery.

Wow, there’s a nail hit firmly on the head. Great post

While we've got our pitch forks out and sharpened why has our CEO Martin Semmin (?) been spared? It's his job to oversee the smooth running if the club including making the right appointments at the right time. As I understand it his qualification to the job was running a small advertising agency!!!

Agree wholeheartedly.

The problem with the transfer window (since exacerbated from the window shutting before the season starts) is that the only changeable part of the team is the manager.

A slew of problems from getting players on overlong contacts to selling people like Targett is the issue.

Not hassenhuttl.

What is his clear philosophy and way of playing please?

Is it the Chaos theory?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This, basically:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/tactical-analysis-of-southampton-under-hasenhuttl

A brief summary is in offence we look for quick, incisive high-risk high-reward passing and in defence we press high, recover the ball high up the field. Our ability to recover the ball in good positions mitigates the high risk of our attacking strategy.

Issue is we are 4 players or so short of playing it effectively:

We need a midfielder who can pass between the lines desperately, I think the hope was Hoj or JWP would fill that role but both have regressed massively.

We need a CB who can pass but also run and manage a defence, again we clearly wanted this in the summer and didn't manage to get it, we have Danso but he isn't looking up to the task. Also Bednarek looked like he could step up into that role but he has regressed a little too.

We need a rightback to match Bertrand in defensive quality while also being able to provide width, obviously we hoped Valery could step up but he has also massively regressed.

And we need a depth left back, as RH loves to rotate fullbacks, them working harder than anyone on the pitch, this is why it is surprising Targett went, although he was slow and couldn't defend super well.

From this, we can see how RH has a game plan, and sought the tools to implement it. And also how individual players are letting that game plan down. Credit where it is due, Danny Ings is doing well in the new system, scoring 5 goals in 10 starts, and Romeu has looked very good as a base to the midfield. I find it hard to blame Hasenhuttl for trusting players like JWP, Hoj and Valery to keep playing at a good level and them all letting him down tbh.

If we bring in a new manager, we will need to find a whole new system and way of playing and re-adapt the players in to that, and there is no guarantee those who are wildly underperforming compared to last season (JWP, Hoj, Valery) will do better in that one. Seems to me like the best option is to keep Ralph, hope some of those underperformers turn it around and fill the more important of those holes (RB, CB) in January with a bit of investment. We aren't adverse to spending in Jan after all, we bought our record signing Carrillo in Jan two seasons ago.

Obviously people love answers like "SACK THE MANAGER" because it's quick, easy, and satisfying to do. But the boring but correct move is to struggle on with Ralph, spend a little bit to scrape premier league survival, increase the squad a little bit next year, hopefully achieve survival a bit easier, and repeat. It will be a good two-three years of consistency and growth before we are looking like the top 8 challenging side of 3 years ago, people have to accept that. Slow and steady consistency is the way to go.

Edited by TWar

This isn't about Ralph being able to turn things around. The the man looks seriously ill and he doesn't look like

a manager that is up to leading the players on some miraculous journey out of the bottom 3 ever.

The damage has been done and what we are watching now is the demise of a once good manager who is now finding it impossible

to make a comeback from a 0-9 defeat.

I don't think Ralph can afford to walk away and I don't think Gao can afford to pay him off.

There seems to be a standoff between Gao keeping Ralph to his contractual obligation and Ralph wanting to be paid off asap.

Interesting comments but I would like to know if the last line is actually true, I expect not but if it is can you

tell me how you know this

Thanks

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl