Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Turkish will no doubt answer if he wants to, but cortese was a nightmare, and some of it has been documented on here. Yes he was at the helm during what was possibly the most exciting era in the club's history, and we all enjoyed our clubs resurrection and return to the PL. However, cortese as a character made us unpopular in football circles, he was divisive in the club, and ultimately treated the club as if it were his trainset with masses of financial waste including and overspend by about £25m on the (leased) training ground without approval. There were other issues too. Don't get me a wrong, I'd have a cortese with cash to burn over the current idiots every day of the week, but let's not kid ourselves that cortese was perfect.

Ah the training ground, There are several interesting accounts on that one.

I think my favourite story is when he personally chose a load of very expensive tiles and flooring, the contractor finished the work and he turned up to inspect it. When He arrived and was handed a hard hat and high viz jacket to which he looked at the foreman and said “I am paying for this I will wear what I chose” he then walked into the room and said “I don’t like them, take them down” and stormed out. No one heard from him for weeks, he refused to pay the bill so the work stopped (again) for several weeks whilst the builder waited further instructions. Yet according to the cheerleaders it was delayed and so much more expensive because it was going to be loads better than we’d even hoped ?

Ah the training ground, There are several interesting accounts on that one.

I think my favourite story is when he personally chose a load of very expensive tiles and flooring, the contractor finished the work and he turned up to inspect it. When He arrived and was handed a hard hat and high viz jacket to which he looked at the foreman and said “I am paying for this I will wear what I chose” he then walked into the room and said “I don’t like them, take them down” and stormed out. No one heard from him for weeks, he refused to pay the bill so the work stopped (again) for several weeks whilst the builder waited further instructions. Yet according to the cheerleaders it was delayed and so much more expensive because it was going to be loads better than we’d even hoped

Let me tell you I worked on this site from start to finish half of what has been said is bullchit and certainly the bit your on about is pure bull

I think it's worse you think. Pinning your hopes on us have a couple of good transfer windows to get us back on track seems very optimistic given our recent history.

One massive difference between our time under Lowe and this time was we had MLT a player who could win a match and get us points through sheer bloody brilliance we have nothing like that this time.

The 90s are a long time ago now and maybe I'm a bit nostalgic but I'm sure the lads back then had way more fight and heart than this current bunch. It felt a lot more like the players and fans where in it together in the relegation scraps this current lot just give the impression they're not to bothered.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

It would be a step in the right direction if the players we signed we’re actually stepping into the first team and being a improvement over what we already have.. instead we have danso not getting a look in, Adams hasn’t started for ages and on the bench and you can’t even be confident in seeing Djenepo starting today. So it’s another transfer window wasted for the short term and the now. If we are really that bad it shouldn’t be too hard to bring in players for the first team

Let me tell you I worked on this site from start to finish half of what has been said is bullchit and certainly the bit your on about is pure bull

No it isn’t. It’s 100% true. It comes from The guy who he said it too, he’s a friend of mine and doesn’t even like football or knew who cortese was before he worked on the job. He has no axe to grind with him.

No it isn’t. It’s 100% true. It comes from The guy who he said it too, he’s a friend of mine and doesn’t even like football or knew who cortese was before he worked on the job. He has no axe to grind with him.

The other guy says he literally worked on that job and it's not true though.

Who to believe?

masses of financial waste including and overspend by about £25m on the (leased) training ground without approval. .

Was this the training ground that was included in the value of the assets when the club was sold?

To put that into perspective Hoedt and Carillio cost more than that.

Also a fact people seem to ignore is we actually posted profits when he was in charge. Without selling players. Despite this so called spending spree.

Cortese on a personal level was a total ****head. But on the business and football side he was good.

Mate not arguing however the only instance with tile changing was when the contractor laid the wrong tiles in one of the lobby’s it was specified as polished and they laid Matt the contractor got it wrong not cortese the contractor took them up and replaced at his cost as he’d got it wrong that’s why he didn’t get paid for the replacement tiles however he got paid his quoted amount

The other guy says he literally worked on that job and it's not true though.

Who to believe?

No, he said he worked on the site. My mate also did, in fact there is a very good chance they may know each other, I’m not going to mention his name, he won’t post on here as he isn’t a football fan. That is exactly what cortese said and did and he told me first hand the at the time it happened. Believe who you want through, doesn’t bother me.

Mate not arguing however the only instance with tile changing was when the contractor laid the wrong tiles in one of the lobby’s it was specified as polished and they laid Matt the contractor got it wrong not cortese the contractor took them up and replaced at his cost as he’d got it wrong that’s why he didn’t get paid for the replacement tiles however he got paid his quoted amount

So it wasn’t bull**** then it did happen, although we’ve obviously got different versions of the same account.

Hmmm. Would you also dispute that the groundwork/drains went down then a change of heart? Regardless, there was c. £14m approved and c. £39m spent. That project finished him at the club.

I know he’s an emotional manager but watching the footage of Ralph at full time was a bit strange? He looked like he knew he was getting the sack or that he had just missed out on some massive financial bonus?? Obviously he was gutted we threw the win away but there was something more

I know he’s an emotional manager but watching the footage of Ralph at full time was a bit strange? He looked like he knew he was getting the sack or that he had just missed out on some massive financial bonus?? Obviously he was gutted we threw the win away but there was something more

Given how important the 3 points were, that equaliser deep into extra time must have been a real kick in the stomach moment.

I think we give him the next 6 games, but he's going to need a minimum 11/12 points, which is a tall order. The fixtures all look winnable but we've been f##cking up 'winnable' games like these, especially at home, for the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think we give him the next 6 games, but he's going to need a minimum 11/12 points, which is a tall order. The fixtures all look winnable but we've been f##cking up 'winnable' games like these, especially at home, for the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

How does the 'we give him the next 6 games?' thing work?

Do we just whinge like children who can't play with our toys for a few weeks, knowing that absolutely no one at the club will ever read this forum?

Pointless moaning about it. Just carry on supporting the team and see how things pan out.

We can't do anything else.

Give him some credit for changing tactics yesterday. If we had Cahill at the back we wouldn’t be conceding late goals.

I questioned his selection yesterday, but he nearly pulled it off.

We like at least look like a proper team again. There is a glimmer of hope that wasn’t there before.

After the next six games everyone will have played each other once.

Looking at our games, it seems the fixture list gave us a bum deal and if we accumulate a decent amount of points over the next month we may have a better idea of how we compare to the rest.

I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised !!

I think Ralph deserves a huge amount of credit. He does of course need to keep us up but he way he has turned the performances around after such a battering proves that at least the players believe. If he can get a little but of backing in January with a CB or two and some assistants and a DOF he believes in then I think we could finish the season ok. Perhaps, just perhaps the 0-9 was just what we needed in the longer term. Back him at least until May.

Give him some credit for changing tactics yesterday. If we had Cahill at the back we wouldn’t be conceding late goals.

We like at least look like a proper team again. There is a glimmer of hope that wasn’t there before.

Arguably he did pull it off. The nature of the late equalizer yesterday put a dampener on things but that was our best performance of the season and normally a draw at Arsenal would be considered a good result.

I still feel he could make us into a decent PL side.

Liked that he went back to his principles yesterday: mobile, aggressive pacy (where possible) lineup. He has strayed away from that, I think after understandably losing faith in out defenders so good to see a bit of a reset.

Massive games to come before Christmas, need min of 7 points from the next 4.

I still feel he could make us into a decent PL side.

Liked that he went back to his principles yesterday: mobile, aggressive pacy (where possible) lineup. He has strayed away from that, I think after understandably losing faith in out defenders so good to see a bit of a reset.

Massive games to come before Christmas, need min of 7 points from the next 4.

Have to see if the players can keep it up. One thing I've got used to the last few seasons is false dawns. This group of players can occasionally put in a good team performance, that gives you hope they've turned a corner, but they seem to struggle to repeat it week after week to get any sort of constant good form going.

Cahill was on the pitch for Palace yesterday when they conceded a late goal....an even uglier one than ours

I think Ralph deserves a huge amount of credit. He does of course need to keep us up but he way he has turned the performances around after such a battering proves that at least the players believe. If he can get a little but of backing in January with a CB or two and some assistants and a DOF he believes in then I think we could finish the season ok. Perhaps, just perhaps the 0-9 was just what we needed in the longer term. Back him at least until May.
Turned performances around? We had one game against a side who didn't turn up where we looked OK yet they still cut through us at will.

Either your level of sarcasm is genius or you have 'Always' type positivity.

Either way I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Turned performances around? We had one game against a side who didn't turn up where we looked OK yet they still cut through us at will.

Bollix. That was our best performance of the season all this Arsenal didn't turn up is just rubbish.

To early say if it's a turn around or just a freak good performance by the players but in isolation it's was a good performance against a top six team.

Edited by doddisalegend

Bollix. That was our best performance of the season all this Arsenal didn't turn up is just rubbish.

To early say if it's a turn around or just a freak good performance by the players but in isolation it's was a good performance against.

Yeh it's nonsense to dismiss the opponent as 'having a bad day' every time we have a decent performance, Arsenal didn't perform well because we thoroughly outplayed them, sadly they have some world class finishers that will make the most of even limited opportunities.

Can't fault the team for that performance regardless of the opposition, the question is whether we can repeat it.

Yeh it's nonsense to dismiss the opponent as 'having a bad day' every time we have a decent performance, Arsenal didn't perform well because we thoroughly outplayed them, sadly they have some world class finishers that will make the most of even limited opportunities.

Can't fault the team for that performance regardless of the opposition, the question is whether we can repeat it.

I agree.

I know this attitue since years - every time RHs team makes troubles to a top team (which happend quite often) some guys argue that the opponent simply had a bad day and everybody could have defeated the other team on that day etc. Not true. I will take some time until fans realize that it is the style of RH which makes the other team look bad. Takes time to realize it.

I agree - the point will be whether the team can repeat the performance in home games.

I know this attitue since years - every time RHs team makes troubles to a top team (which happend quite often) some guys argue that the opponent simply had a bad day and everybody could have defeated the other team on that day etc. Not true. I will take some time until fans realize that it is the style of RH which makes the other team look bad. Takes time to realize it.

I agree - the point will be whether the team can repeat the performance in home games.

Although tbf that point does have more validity when we take points off teams on very bad runs of form.

Oh look!! stupidly clueless is back :lol:

Although tbf that point does have more validity when we take points off teams on very bad runs of form.

To be fair we caused problems against Liverpool at home and probably should have taken at least a point but as usual didn't take our chances, and all their fans and the media that fawns over the them claimed they had a bad day.

We also did it to Spurs and Arsenal last season as well.

Ralph's way of playing if all the players are on it and committed causes problems to anybody, but that is problem low confidence makes them going into their shell and if they aren't all in the system doesn't really work with half hearted pressing and some of them sitting off.

Not true. I will take some time until fans realize that it is the style of RH which makes the other team look bad. Takes time to realize it.

We're averaging much less than a point per game at the moment. Probably best to leave talk about how we make other teams look bad for later in the season?

If we continue with the same level of commitment as we did on Saturday, we’ll stay up. Ralph can’t go back to 3 centre-backs.

Completely agree. We don't need to play 3 at the back.

We need to defend from the front with pressing and commitment we showed on Saturday. Playing 3 at the back invites pressure on the feeble defence.

Completely agree. We don't need to play 3 at the back.

We need to defend from the front with pressing and commitment we showed on Saturday. Playing 3 at the back invites pressure on the feeble defence.

Yep. It was noticeable how Obafemi up top with Ings kept Luiz back in his own half. Tactics were good on Saturday.

Unfortunately he has been found out as a fraud with zero tactical nous.

****e players but he should at least be motivating them to put more effort in!

The club won't pull the trigger though & who in their right mind would come here!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl