Saints 0-9 Leicester - Reaction

Lighthouse

At some point, friends, a sense of humour has to kick in.

And after we've stopped laughing/crying into our beer, the crumbs of consolation are:

...ok, I can't really think of any.

Except that this WILL lead to some kind of response. Has to.

Personally, I think there is plenty of quality at the club to be mid-table prem league side. But we have a real problem for some reason managing psychology. Once we're a goal or two down, heads drop and things can quickly get worse.

I'm not yet ready to call for Ralph to go. But in the next couple of weeks we will see what he and the players are made of.

If you have an owner who's only ambition is to stay in the premier league then the club will nosedive. You've got to have ambition and send a positive vibe - even if you don't hit your targets - otherwise pessimism and lethargy set in and you go backwards.

At the moment we look good for the drop, 4 seasons of dross has turned us from an exciting team to one that looks like it's punching above it's weight in this league.

I'd just like to bump this gem from the build up thread

That is all. :)

I said something in the build up thread which I meant as a humourous observation on the catastrophising often seen in pre-match threads. But it gone done turn out to be true :-(

Why don’t they say it!!

Has to be dressing room unrest

Thing is they can either come out and give the reason why performances are so **** or accept us thinking that they're just the worst squad of players we've had in the premier league.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

At some point, friends, a sense of humour has to kick in.

And after we've stopped laughing/crying into our beer, the crumbs of consolation are:

...ok, I can't really think of any.

Except that this WILL lead to some kind of response. Has to.

Personally, I think there is plenty of quality at the club to be mid-table prem league side. But we have a real problem for some reason managing psychology. Once we're a goal or two down, heads drop and things can quickly get worse.

I'm not yet ready to call for Ralph to go. But in the next couple of weeks we will see what he and the players are made of.

It's not so much the quality, there is certainly individual quality in the group – but it's the characters in the group. Their personalities, their attitudes, their psych setup - they're all as bad as each other. Not strong enough, not focused enough, too meek, not leaders and unfortunately proven losers.

Sooner rather than later the curtain is coming down, we're just delaying the inevitable to be honest. I'd get rid of at least 9 of them and just invest again, well i say invest...not that we will.

The signs and causes of dressing room disharmony:

Players who are getting worse with each game. CHECK

Players who take ages to come back from relatively minor injuries. CHECK

Payers being played out of position. CHECK

General cluelessness about the tactics (e.g., zonal marking) CHECK

A "better sideways or back" passing mentality. CHECK

Tactical chopping and changing. CHECK

Players who nobody - bar the manager - thinks should be on the pitch. CHECK

Assistant coaches who seem to be there just to put out the cones. CHECK

Players who look like they'd rather be having an enema than playing. CHECK

No guts, no character. CHECK

Losing at home by a sh*tload. CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

Edited by CanadaSaint

As much as i want to defend Ralph, theres no chance Hughes, Pellegrino or Puel would have lost that 9-0. F***ing NINE goals. The lack of effort and organisation was pathetic. Even at the bottom rung of league 1, I've never been this embarassed to be a saints fan. Speechless

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. This has been brewing for a few seasons now, we are in such a mess but it stems from Les Reed. As I've mentioned a few times, I'd bring in Lee Johnson from Bristol City now to start preparing for the Championship. Relegation might be the only way we will get rid of these players.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I deserve a medal. On the train home and I stayed until the final whistle.. I've supported Saints 50+ years and aaaaaargghhh!

You deserve something! I think you're mad! They didn't deserve any support in that 2nd half, so many left at HT (including myself). Never done that before, but sometimes you just need to make a stand and stop accepting utter ****e.

The signs and causes of dressing room disharmony:

Players who are getting worse with each game. CHECK

Players who take ages to come back from relatively minor injuries. CHECK

Payers being played out of position. CHECK

General cluelessness about the tactics (e.g., zonal marking) CHECK

A "better sideways or back" passing mentality. CHECK

Tactical chopping and changing. CHECK

Players who nobody - bar the manager - thinks should be on the pitch. CHECK

Assistant coaches who seem to be there just to put out the cones. CHECK

Players who look like they'd rather be having an enema than playing. CHECK

No guts, no character. CHECK

Losing at home by a sh*tload. CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

This post - Check !

It's not so much the quality, there is certainly individual quality in the group – but it's the characters in the group. Their personalities, their attitudes, their psych setup - they're all as bad as each other. Not strong enough, not focused enough, too meek, not leaders and unfortunately proven losers.

Sooner rather than later the curtain is coming down, we're just delaying the inevitable to be honest. I'd get rid of at least 9 of them and just invest again, well i say invest...not that we will.

There’s no money to invest. You have hit the nail on the head when it comes to character. They are a weak bunch. Not great players and certainly not the mid table team some think we are because even that takes players with a good mentality as well as technique.

Worst game ive seen in over 50 years supporting Saints we played worse than the 8-0 at goodison and the 7-0 At Ellend rd from the 70s and the more recent 7-1 s at Anfield and Goodison

A complete gutless sell out none of those players deserves to where the shirt never mind collect their wages!

Totally agree I remember the 8-0 Everton as a kid followed by the 5-2 Man U the next weekend was distraught then this just seems worst at the mo! Sure I get over it !!

And if the club sends one of their ****ing ridiculous post match emails to ST holders thanking them for our support, I'll be ****ed off. The support tonight when 6 or 7 down was good. It wasn't towards the players/club, it was us supporters trying to retain a bit of pride when quite clearly the players couldn't give two ****s.

And if the club sends one of their ****ing ridiculous post match emails to ST holders thanking them for our support, I'll be ****ed off. The support tonight when 6 or 7 down was good. It wasn't towards the players/club, it was us supporters trying to retain a bit of pride when quite clearly the players couldn't give two ****s.

The first thing they should send out is a ****ing refund.

If Ralph goes the whole backroom team need to go, Davis, Watson, the lot. I love Kelv but we need to start afresh. Hopefully they’d bring a bloody good GK coach in too.

Its been changed back now but someone changed the Wikipedia page for Angus Gunn to say that he currently plays as a turnstile for Southampton FC - cheered me right up laughing at that.

Just come in from a meal out with friends and had to look twice at the score.

What is going on?. I remember being at St Mary’s when we beat Sunderland 8-0. It became embarrassing even for us as the goals went in so easily.

I can’t imagine how dismal it must have been to be at the ground tonight with the weather and the score.

Why are they falling apart? What is happening behind the scenes?

PEH said in his interview after the match, there is things he wants to say but will get in trouble tomorrow if he says them. Dressing room disharmony it seems.

What a gutless ****. Take the defeat like a man!

Regardless of the manager, no professional should have put in such a powderpuff, lazy, inept, gutless, pathetic display as the Saints players did tonight.

They couldn’t give a chuff about Saints.

****s!