Saints 0-9 Leicester - Reaction

Lighthouse

Or a “JWP says we need to do the little things better”.

the problem is every single player we have in the squad does those little things worse than the players we used to have here five years ago. First touches are worse, body positions, pace, anticipation, strength...the list goes on and now to add to that collectively the team's confidence looks shot too.

If Ralph goes the whole backroom team need to go, Davis, Watson, the lot. I love Kelv but we need to start afresh. Hopefully they’d bring a bloody good GK coach in too.

Its been changed back now but someone changed the Wikipedia page for Angus Gunn to say that he currently plays as a turnstile for Southampton FC - cheered me right up laughing at that.

Would Kelvin Davis get a job at any other Prem or Championship club? He would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worse performance I’ve I’ve witnessed as a saints fan but the thing was I’m not overly surprised, it’s been coming. The main issues are as follows;

1. Tonight demonstrated just how immobile our midfield 3 are. No pace, no creativity and no ability to beat a player. How on earth you can allow lemina to leave and leave us with that it unforgivable.

2. Valery gave the worst display by a full back since Patrick colleter at Newcastle in 97/98. He’s got something but he’s not being coached properly.

3. Back room staff. Ralph didn’t get any support on the touch line tonight. He cut a lonely and lost figure.

4. I feel Ralph has probably lost the dressing room. His team decisions are baffling and continuing with Gunn is bizarre.

5. THE MAIN issues is GAO. Whilst he is there we are going absolutely nowhere. No money, no plan and he needs to go.

Is Ralph goes I don’t think any manager is capable of keeping the worst squad of players since the 2007/8 squad. I’d have Adkins back, would galvanise the fan base.

But just a shambles from top to bottom. We lost 9-0 to Leicester, a good team but not a Man City or Liverpool.

Have to admit I was ****ing raging at the replays of the goals, looked like a coaching video on how not to defend.

Jumping under balls, playing across own box, getting the wrong side of a man, ballwatching, giving up, not putting it into row Z when you don’t know what’s around you, parrying the ball back into play...the list goes on.

Next game. Rom as captain, McC in goal, no JWP, no Vestergaard. Get Danso, Armstrong in. Change it the **** up !

I've slowly been losing my desire to go to games, and in some ways hope we go down this season. It will mean that there is a good time to have a clean break from the club while hopefully it sorts itself out.

But Monk, aren't all clubs in PL and a few om Champ just companies with trade marks?

I've slowly been losing my desire to go to games, and in some ways hope we go down this season. It will mean that there is a good time to have a clean break from the club while hopefully it sorts itself out.

But Monk, aren't all clubs in PL and a few om Champ just companies with trade marks?

The Southampton Way?

Just a load of bland UEFA A licence tossers that look and dress the same trying to reinvent the wheel with buzzwords but actually not having any idea of how a playing identify manifests itself.

PEH said in his interview after the match, there is things he wants to say but will get in trouble tomorrow if he says them. Dressing room disharmony it seems.

Why don’t they say it!!

Has to be dressing room unrest

Either that, or an fall out with Ralph. Either way, might be best if he blurts it out, lances the boil, and the club can move on.

Trouble is that yet again we can't move the players on.

Can't believe people actually want Ralph to go. He is the least of our problems. The players are absolutly at fault and should hold their heads in shame! A mass clear out is truly needed...
Let's get this straight no one is saying he is 100% to blame he has hands tied but the fact remains that he has zero tactical nous, doesn't know his best team, continues to play players out of position! Continues to make insane subs & Has totally lost interest in the club...

There's only one place you can go from there!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Never felt so disconnected to footballers as in the last few years. They’ll have probably forgotten about this following a drive home to their mansions in their lambos.

You wouldn’t have seen Jimmy Case, Barry Horne or Glenn Cockerill giving up like that.

This lot couldn’t give a **** about the fans or the club, just their haircuts, cars, tattoos and bank balances.

The Southampton Way?

Just a load of bland UEFA A licence tossers that look and dress the same trying to reinvent the wheel with buzzwords but actually not having any idea of how a playing identify manifests itself.

Ah, the Southampton Way. Is that still going on? Disregarded that ****** as soon as it came out of Ralph's mouth. So yes I get that. As for the rest, I will bow to your more intimate knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes.

But I guess we'll get the usual platitudes and nothing will change. Not sure having a seemingly anonymous owner helps. Maybe that is doing him a disservice, but no one seems to be running the club.

It's not so much the quality, there is certainly individual quality in the group – but it's the characters in the group. Their personalities, their attitudes, their psych setup - they're all as bad as each other. Not strong enough, not focused enough, too meek, not leaders and unfortunately proven losers.

Sooner rather than later the curtain is coming down, we're just delaying the inevitable to be honest. I'd get rid of at least 9 of them and just invest again, well i say invest...not that we will.

I agree, the players have made us a laughing stock, utter shambles and they'll be associated with the record for a long time. They put no effort in at all and should be fined by the club 2 weeks wages donated to charity for bringing the club into disrepute.

Club is rotten from the top being owned by a Chinese mafia money launderer it's no wonder everything is falling apart.

Players are weak , feeble, with no desire. This is the culmination of Les Reed's tenure at the club which has been going down the sh!tshoot since Koeman left. Poor appointments and poor recruitment.

Have to feel sorry for Ralph having to cope with this squad. He probably wanted Augustin, but Les's protege Wilson, brings in Che Adams, now a bench warmer. CB, three years without a decent recruit.

That said, some of RH's selections are baffling to say the least.

Best decision I made was not to go tonight. The impact on goal difference of this result is equal to another lost point. The only escape from relegation is to spend in January on several established players but would anyone with ambition come here? Relegation looks certain and after just fluking avoidance in recent years it’s not even a surprise.

There is something wrong here under the surface, where this is smoke there is fire. Asst coaches leaving, players unhappy and leaving, now even core players like PEH hinting. Maybe Ralph's management style is rubbing thin? At first people were putting up with him, but over time he wore them out?

The die hard fans were great tonight , and at times the atmosphere and chants were top notch. The ‘Man City we’re coming for you’ chant was probably the best. When faced with disaster you can either turn your back or stick with it and show some pride in your club.

i agree we are total sh*t at the moment and we look nailed on to go down, but we’ve been here before and will be here again, that’s the price you pay for supporting the Saints, but even after a night like tonight i would ‘t swap us for any other team.

I don’t even subscribe to the opinion that the players arent trying , it is just that they as individuals and as a team are nowhere near good enough. Clutching at straws , my only consolation is that we can’t get any worse , but then i look at our next 2 games and i wouldn’t put it past us to plumb even greater depths.

Best decision I made was not to go tonight. The impact on goal difference of this result is equal to another lost point. The only escape from relegation is to spend in January on several established players but would anyone with ambition come here? Relegation looks certain and after just fluking avoidance in recent years it’s not even a surprise.

Spending money in January that we don’t have seems nutty to me. Even bigger problems if we went down.

I honestly would prefer to have it laid out now, in return for relegaton.

Don't roll out lines like "need to take the positives" or "learn what tonight". Pierre, say it. If you're removed from the captaincy or transfer-listed, the fans will support you.

Just tell us what the problem is - be it player disharmony, be it domineering manager, be it hopeless coaching, be it lack of funds to invest, be it player power, be it no leadership from the directors/chairman. Just tell us the truth.

You're losing the support of the fans. We suspected there was an issue, now PEH has confirmed it. So let's hear it, then discuss how to resolve it.

Edited by the saint in winchester

Don’t think that has sunk in yet. Should have known after it took 2 hours rather than 1 to drive down and then getting drowned walking in that it wasn’t going to be a good night. No words at the moment for the performance.

Will console myself with a positive. Southampton till I die sums up the excellent atmosphere in the 2nd half. In a few years many of these frauds will have gone but we’ll still be here.

I’m looking forward to the players and management foregoing their wages and refunding everyone who endured that tonight.

Can't believe people actually want Ralph to go. He is the least of our problems. The players are absolutly at fault and should hold their heads in shame! A mass clear out is truly needed...

He is not the least of our problems, he is one of the biggest. So clear now that he has no idea about the defensive side of things, crystal clear that Rohl was a major player and a huge loss. Even if Ralph wasn't the biggest problem before tonight, he is finished, looked a totally broken man in post match interview. He will surely walk. But we also need to get rid of Gao, Liebherr, Watson and Davis (at least). A few players as well.

We’ve made history tonight. One of the worst top level home performances in English football history.

We’ll be known for this to the average fan more than any other thing we’ve done in last 10 years.

And still I’ve seen hardly any calls for managers head. Incredible.

There is something wrong here under the surface, where this is smoke there is fire. Asst coaches leaving, players unhappy and leaving, now even core players like PEH hinting. Maybe Ralph's management style is rubbing thin? At first people were putting up with him, but over time he wore them out?

I agree but things havnt been right for a couple of seasons. Getting another manager is just papering over one of the many cracks.

Something is seriously wrong all the way through the club .

Can someone please elaborate on what Hojbjerg said that alluded to a specific problem? I've been out tonight (was spared the pain of watching) and didn’t see the interview. Cheers.

I've taken this from an earlier post:

PEH said in his interview after the match, there is things he wants to say but will get in trouble tomorrow if he says them. Dressing room disharmony it seems.