Gao Out Protest Thread

USA SaintsFan

My post was quite clear.

I didn't say that I consider you to be a racist.

I stated that you had used racist language.

When I pointed out that your choice of language was offensive, you used the popular right-wing trope "snowflake" as a means of insulting me.

If you read back through our exchanges, you will note that I have remained polite and have not resorted to name-calling or insults, despite the fact that your language is offensive to my family.

I have even invited you to join me and my family to discuss how racism impacts Asian people living in the UK, whereas you've been sarcastic, unnecessarily rude and personally abusive.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you made a mistake, learning from it, and endeavouring not to make the same error in future.

In fact, that attitude is highly commendable, but increasingly rare these days.

Ah well, all the best Crab Lungs.

Excuse me, the only person here who's made a mistake is you, feel free to spend your life deliberately looking to be offended as much as possible. No one here has made any racist slurs, by accident or otherwise.

What I suggest is you you remove yourself from this board. go find somewhere to discuss how offended you are by everything and leave us to discuss how this skint Chinaman is ruing our club

Excuse me, the only person here who's made a mistake is you, feel free to spend your life deliberately looking to be offended as much as possible. No one here has made any racist slurs, by accident or otherwise.

What I suggest is you you remove yourself from this board. go find somewhere to discuss how offended you are by everything and leave us to discuss how this skint Chinaman is ruing our club

Yep seems like a pretty unanimous reaction. This miserly Chinaman is sinking the club through his lack of interest. I don't care who the nationality of the next owner is. If he's a rich and benevolent Chinaman he would be loved by all no doubt.

I don't know about other people but I hold Kat more responsible for our rapid decline than gao, she had no interest in football from the very beginning & it showed! She also said she wanted to keep her father's legacy going but invested zero in the squad, She saw an opportunity to sell to gao so we can't blame gao for taking that opportunity, she really didn't do any due diligence whatsoever when she sold to gao she no longer cared who she sold it to just wanted the cash back!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm with you, and wasn't being wholly serious, although......

In answer to JRM's question, yes, the term "chinaman" IS racist.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinaman_(term)

Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

I don't want to be offended.

But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

My wife is Chinese. My kids are mixed race.

My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.

The lad is 22 and was really upset.

Does that make him a "snowflake" too?

I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.

WTAF? Calling a Chinaman, a ”Chinaman” is not racist you moron. Not anymore than calling a man from India an Indian. FFS. Unbelievable.

In this country, people are looking to take offence from anything. Man up princess. You can say anything in a derogatory tone but it doesn’t make it racist, per se. Just a strange & bizarre attempt to create a qualifier to racism which it is clearly not. Pointless debate anyway.

Ralph so needs a decent number 2. Couldn’t quite believe that Kelvin Davis is first team coach. What has he got to offer? We need an overhaul but everyone knew about the defence ages back. In fact, I got shot down for suggesting we needed new defenders & will be low in the table because apparently we have a top class, top 10 team. Some people aren't unnecessarily negative, some people are just realistic and don’t like living in a deluded bubble. Learn the lesson

I’m not trying to be a **** and continue this on but I’ve never been levelled as a racist before, I’m quite stunned. I abhor racism. That said, I’m not going to apologise for using the term ‘potless chinaman’ because that is exactly what I meant; a Chinese man with no discernible funds and a dubious financial background. That’s what I meant.

I’m not slurring him because he’s from China. I’m not generalising billions of people. What exactly is the different between this and calling someone a skint Scot? Or broke Bulgarian? Maybe in other countries it’s been used a slur - did I mean it in a derogatory sense? Nope.

I’m dumbfounded, honestly.

You're not being racist, but when "chinaman" is included in a negative description of someone, the two can get intertwined. I doubt anyone would be offended if I said my neighbour is a chinaman who cooks a fantastic chow mein.

I suggest "he's potless ****ing arsehole" as being less likely to offend.

HTH :toppa:

Assume you think Paki and Aussie are equivalents and ok to use?

Well I actually know what Paki means, as well as being more than aware of it commonly being used as a racial slur.

Paki - pure ; stan - land (of). Pakistan = Land of the Pure.

But I also take into account intent. Applying any accusations of racism to Aussie is beyond banal and not even worth going any further with. Englishman, Chinaman, Frenchman, Dutchman, German, Scotsman, Ulsterman are to me not derogatory. If they are to you, then that's your wont.

We could crowd fund legal action against the FA. It is they who didn't follow their own rules when passing Gao a 'fir and proper' person to own a football club, on the second time of asking.

They followed the rules at the time, then changed them afterwards to stop anyone like him taking over in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for some fan action I think

Club has no direction, no ambition, no assistant manager, no director of football, no left back back up, no decent centre half and no investment in team to survive in the top flight.

The owner must be asset stripping the club to sell? Time for some fan protests against the board!!!!

You're right. If someone called me an "Englishman" I'd be furious.

You might laugh, but just back from Canada and they are not allowed to call the native Indians, Indians - instead referred to as "First Nation Citizens". Honestly, the world's gone daft, and I am Indian (as in have Asian Indian origins). Irony of ironies in Ireland I am "English scum" in the nicest possible way of course!

Best protest against Gao would be Tibet flags like the French club did recently, would be embarrassing for Gao to have to explain that to his govt.

Indeed.

And if it's too much of a ball-ache to get physical flags into the ground we can still bombard Saints Twitter with images of it. Every post swamped with Tibet flags and #GaoOut #Gaoingdown

You might laugh, but just back from Canada and they are not allowed to call the native Indians, Indians - instead referred to as "First Nation Citizens". Honestly, the world's gone daft, and I am Indian (as in have Asian Indian origins). Irony of ironies in Ireland I am "English scum" in the nicest possible way of course!

Isn't that because they are not Indians, they are not from India. You've answered the point in your brackets.

I've read this post multie times and can't fathom what you're blithering on about. They don't like to be called Indians because, more than anything, it's factually incorrect. The same way you would probably correct someone if you were called Argentinian.

Lets get rid of Puel - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Pelligrino - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Hughes - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Reed - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Krueger - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Wilson - Things will be so much better

Lets get rid of Gao - Oh sh*t we have no club

Let’s get rid of Eric Black - things will be so much better

I've read this post multie times and can't fathom what you're blithering on about. They don't like to be called Indians because, more than anything, it's factually incorrect. The same way you would probably correct someone if you were called Argentinian.

Here in California they call themselves Indians.

Dennis-Banks-Barona.jpg

4378055762_469db973dd_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If, as the Independent suggests, Gao has been open to offers for the club for the past 6 months, protests aren't going to help him sell it.

Gao wants out but no new owner is going to want in at a relegation-threatened club in turmoil with the fans up in arms.

Prospective buyers are not going to care 1% about the fans.

It's a risky investment which means Gao might be willing to sell at a knock down price and someone might be willing to buy. Both on the assumption that we will get relegated anyway.