Gao Out Protest Thread

USA SaintsFan

Rupert Lowe was pilloried and crucified for less.

Rupert would be an improvement on the current owner. That's how poor it has become. Whilst most people disagreed with Lowe at the very least he had a strategy and would from time to time be prepared to outline it.

Seems fairly obvious his strategy is to reinvest profits into the playing staff in the summer whilst not paying enough to get enough good players to win games consistently, and spend a bit more if it looks like we're in relegation trouble...

I’ve wanted him out for ages. Total waster. GAO OUT!! Boycott the games then he’ll have to pay attention. I refused to purchase tickets under Gao as he doesn’t invest nor have the respect to address the fans. 2 relegation battles and same defence. Why buy Danso? If he wasn’t good enough to walk straight into the squad & displace Vestergaard, then why did we buy him if he isn’t an improvement?! 3rd time lucky. We will be relegated this season and we will deserve it. The board couldn’t see this happening? They couldn’t care less.

Might be better off targeting his daughter Nelly if she has social media account, she can have a word with her Dad and her best mate fat Kat.

Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity

Gao has sort of played a blinder. By refusing to engage even slightly with the fans it's very hard to have a target or ire. Now all the staff have left there really isn't anyone else to blame but if he isn't even in the UK how can there be an effective protest?

Hankies

Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).

Not seen the post but is calling a man from China a Chinaman really now racist?

I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because she’s helped ruin our football club.

Being upset about the state of a football club does not give one the right to use the personally abusive moniker "fat Kat" or racist term "chinaman" (another thread).

Lmfao, that was me.

Racist? Good one pal. Good one.

#generationsnowflake #generationiwanttobeoffended

I agree Kat should be Kurvy Kat or bubbly Kat , no need to be nasty just because she’s helped ruin our football club.

Why do you have to make reference to her appearance at all? Can't you just call her Kat?

Might be better off targeting his daughter Nelly if she has social media account, she can have a word with her Dad and her best mate fat Kat.

Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity

All for people protesting peacefully - but why the need to abuse? I'm sure you're perfect yourself of course.

Lmfao, that was me.

Racist? Good one pal. Good one.

#generationsnowflake #generationiwanttobeoffended

In answer to JRM's question, yes, the term "chinaman" IS racist.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinaman_(term)

Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

I don't want to be offended.

But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

My wife is Chinese. My kids are mixed race.

My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.

The lad is 22 and was really upset.

Does that make him a "snowflake" too?

I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.

Crab Lungs, you could have made your point without using the pejorative, the fact that that you chose to include it makes your intent quite clear.

But you clearly want to offend me for calling you out, which is why you have resorted to name calling.

My nephew was called a "chinaman" at work last week by an angry customer. The word was used as a racist insult.

I'm not your pal, but I am perfectly happy for you to meet my family and learn first hand how hurtful racist abuse can be, and how it can impact a young person's mental health.

So, do you think I am genuinely racist?

So is calling someone and Englishman or a Frenchman offensive? Unless of course they are on binary then it would be

So is calling someone and Englishman or a Frenchman offensive? Unless of course they are on binary then it would be

From the link I posted, citing several dictionaries, as well as studies on the subject.

HTH.

"The term Chinaman is described as being offensive in most modern dictionaries and studies of usage.[27] It is not, however, as offensive as chink.[28] The New Fowler's Modern English Usage considers Chinaman to have a "derogatory edge",[29] The Cambridge Guide to English Usage describes it as having "derogatory overtones",[28] and Philip Herbst's reference work The Color of Words notes that it may be "taken as patronizing".[30] This distinguishes it from similar ethnic names such as Englishman and Irishman, which are not used pejoratively.[30]"

I don't know you so I am unable to make that call.

However, you have used a racist pejorative in a public forum.

And you have chosen to insult me for pointing out that your language is offensive.

Do you know what, I’m normally quite reasonable but you’re definitely pushing my buttons. Report me for racism if you feel that strongly ... if you genuinely think I’m a racist.

I’ve not chosen to insult you. You’ve chosen to be offended - that is probably more apt.

From the link I posted, citing several dictionaries, as well as studies on the subject.

HTH.

"The term Chinaman is described as being offensive in most modern dictionaries and studies of usage.[27] It is not, however, as offensive as chink.[28] The New Fowler's Modern English Usage considers Chinaman to have a "derogatory edge",[29] The Cambridge Guide to English Usage describes it as having "derogatory overtones",[28] and Philip Herbst's reference work The Color of Words notes that it may be "taken as patronizing".[30] This distinguishes it from similar ethnic names such as Englishman and Irishman, which are not used pejoratively.[30]"

Thank you for enlightening us, I had no idea referring to someone by their gender and the country of his birth was offensive. I shall be sure to be outraged from now on should I ever hear the term.

Remind me again what position she plays in? I seem also to remember getting 4 top ten finishes with her in charge. The players are to blame. We have a squad capable of finishing mid table but they are not performing.

Do you know what, I’m normally quite reasonable but you’re definitely pushing my buttons. Report me for racism if you feel that strongly ... if you genuinely think I’m a racist.

I’ve not chosen to insult you. You’ve chosen to be offended - that is probably more apt.

Crab Lungs - I think that you’ve summed it up perfectly. The trend today is to look for any excuse to try and be offended. It’s the mentality and also the general lack of backbone in people that has created a blame and claim culture instead of people just concentrating on the positives in their lives. Always look for the negative.

Crab Lungs - I think that you’ve summed it up perfectly. The trend today is to look for any excuse to try and be offended. It’s the mentality and also the general lack of backbone in people that has created a blame and claim culture instead of people just concentrating on the positives in their lives. Always look for the negative.

I’m not trying to be a **** and continue this on but I’ve never been levelled as a racist before, I’m quite stunned. I abhor racism. That said, I’m not going to apologise for using the term ‘potless chinaman’ because that is exactly what I meant; a Chinese man with no discernible funds and a dubious financial background. That’s what I meant.

I’m not slurring him because he’s from China. I’m not generalising billions of people. What exactly is the different between this and calling someone a skint Scot? Or broke Bulgarian? Maybe in other countries it’s been used a slur - did I mean it in a derogatory sense? Nope.

I’m dumbfounded, honestly.

My post was quite clear.

I didn't say that I consider you to be a racist.

I stated that you had used racist language.

When I pointed out that your choice of language was offensive, you used the popular right-wing trope "snowflake" as a means of insulting me.

If you read back through our exchanges, you will note that I have remained polite and have not resorted to name-calling or insults, despite the fact that your language is offensive to my family.

I have even invited you to join me and my family to discuss how racism impacts Asian people living in the UK, whereas you've been sarcastic, unnecessarily rude and personally abusive.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that you made a mistake, learning from it, and endeavouring not to make the same error in future.

In fact, that attitude is highly commendable, but increasingly rare these days.

Ah well, all the best Crab Lungs.

I’ve wanted him out for ages.

Did anyone ever actually want him in? I certainly didn't. Nothing whatsoever you heard or read about the bloke inspired any sort of confidence whatsoever that he was the man to "take us to the next level" which was the reassuring claim/transparent bull**** from Kat about the search for a new owner. It's panning out pretty much as feared although I suppose if you chuck the club's worst ever result and the biggest home loss in the ENTIRE HISTORY of top flight English football into the mix there's a convincing argument to be had that it's actually turning out even worse.

There's one.... She owns 20% and if cheap enough, could take us on!!
I don't know about other people but I hold Kat more responsible for our rapid decline than gao, she had no interest in football from the very beginning & it showed! She also said she wanted to keep her father's legacy going but invested zero in the squad, She saw an opportunity to sell to gao so we can't blame gao for taking that opportunity, she really didn't do any due diligence whatsoever when she sold to gao she no longer cared who she sold it to just wanted the cash back!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Also let’s boycott the sponsor LD Sports, hit them in the pocket. A company with integrity like them won’t like the bad publicity[/QUOTE]

How do we do that exactly? They dont do anything here as far as I can see.