Man City v Saints Build-up [League Cup]

SuperSAINT

Man City twice in a row after a 9 nil thrashing! FFS.

Simply we need to mix it up in one of the games, and as the first is the Cup game, that might as well be the one.

Firstly, no more 3 centre backs. Yes we’re crap with 2 but we’re also crap with 3 so we might as well have the extra attacker on the pitch, even against the likes of City. Secondly, no more 3 central midfielders. They aren’t good enough. Thirdly, no Gunn. He’s not ready yet and McCarthy is better.

So... injuries pending...

McCarthy

Valery (unless Cedric is fit)

Danso

Yoshida

Vokins

Romeu

Hojbjerg (who else? Slattery? )

Armstrong

Redmond

Adams

Ings

Or get Djenepo back on crutches or whatever, it seems we need him.

We’ve sold about 1000 tickets for this, would imagine a fair few who purchased won’t bother to travel now.

Those who do go please arrive early to greet the saints coach and let the players know they are a bunch of ****s and their performance will not be forgiven. I’ve never known a set of players so hated by our own fans.

I'd go:

Martin

Kirkup

Hollywood

Fisher

McGraph

Gabriel

O'Neill

Paine

Channon

Davies

Docker Walker on the bench

I know some are knocking on a bit, some are even dead, but just put the shirts out there and you'll get more impact than most of the present 11.

What even just a John McGraph would have on this side today.

I'd go:

Martin

Kirkup

Hollywood

Fisher

McGraph

Gabriel

O'Neill

Paine

Channon

Davies

I know some are knocking on a bit, some are even dead, but just put the shirts out there and you'll get more impact than most of the present 11.

That is exactly what we were missing last night, steel, grit and professional pride. None of our lot are fit to lace the boots of those lads. Not one.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I'd go:

Martin

Kirkup

Hollywood

Fisher

McGraph

Gabriel

O'Neill

Paine

Channon

Davies

Memories fading - but isnt that the team that lost to Everton 0-8 in the seventies? - followed by 0-7 and 2-5 defeats?

Memories fading - but isnt that the team that lost to Everton 0-8 in the seventies? - followed by 0-7 and 2-5 defeats?

You're right, they did, and a fair point, but the oppo certainly wouldn't have come out of it unscathed back then, they may not have been worldbeaters but they were committed and it showed. I've witnessed those and more since but if we're talking about character, I know who I'd want alongside me.

We're a wounded tiger and we are going to rip them apart.

Aye, something like that.

Somewhat different....was in a restaurant last night pre-game, and the young lad on the next table thought we were going to be 2-2 and gave me a very disapproving look when I said we'd likely loose 4-0. While I know you weren't being serious, the optimism of youth was sad to see, given that it was going to be badly trampled on. Quite how badly for a lad at his 6th or 7th game was something even I couldn't have seen.

We’ve sold about 1000 tickets for this, would imagine a fair few who purchased won’t bother to travel now.

Those who do go please arrive early to greet the saints coach and let the players know they are a bunch of ****s and their performance will not be forgiven. I’ve never known a set of players so hated by our own fans.

Glad you're not going, mate.

Why do so many want Vokins to make his debut away to City?

Seriously? Look how Danso has had the confidence ripped out of him. Now some of you want to do it to another kid? Ffs.

Let the ****s that played, sorry, were on the pitch Friday night take it on the chin.

Seriously? Look how Danso has had the confidence ripped out of him. Now some of you want to do it to another kid? Ffs.

Let the ****s that played, sorry, were on the pitch Friday night take it on the chin.

Because i’d like Us to play a left back and Bertrand is suspended. We need to see what vokins can offer, wed is a free hit. Valery had an instant impact last season when he had to be thrown in because of circumstance.

Because Bertrand is suspended and we’re **** out of left backs otherwise. Sticking Danso at left back, de Bruyne or whoever will have a field day. At least a promising young left back, trained in that position, may have some idea of how to perform there. And who knows, he might do well. Cedric aside, there’s nobody else I would want to see in that position. If Cedric is fit, fine, give it to him, but if not, it hasn’t to be Vokins.

But of course, we all know it will be Danso...

Because Bertrand is suspended and we’re **** out of left backs otherwise. Sticking Danso at left back, de Bruyne or whoever will have a field day. At least a promising young left back, trained in that position, may have some idea of how to perform there. And who knows, he might do well. Cedric aside, there’s nobody else I would want to see in that position. If Cedric is fit, fine, give it to him, but if not, it has to be Vokins.

But of course, we all know it will be Danso...

Correction.

Or Djenepo if he’s fit...

I'm going to both matches, living oop north now. Prior to last night I was optimistic of keeping the aggregate score from the 2 games down to single figures at a push'

.... now I'm worried both could go into double figures!!

Just watched MOTD and they highlighted just how impressive City's approach play down their left is .... gulp! Villa put up a good fight but City still had 25 attempts on goal.

I think plenty of pre match beer to cushion the pain is my only hope, and maybe an abacus to keep tally of the scores!!

A Long and Boufal inspired victory in the Cup and a respectable 0-3 loss in the league as it is a free hit would suit me .... at least I've only got a short distance to get home!!

I do not pay Euro 20,- each month to SKY to see such a garbage like last Friday. I started to pay for SKY as I wanted to watch Southampton because I was a fan of RH's style to play. Fast, fights, never giving up, running 95 minutes. A kind of spectacle almost each match. These virtues are gone. It seems to me that there is over-sophistication and the basics are gone. RH should enforce again these basics attitudes. You need not to have an outstanding team to take a draw in Manchester when the team you have fights like lions. Not always nice to see but entertaining and effective. Even the team of last Friday can be successful if they decide or are compelled to decide to run and fight like they proved already in last season.