Danso

Cedric

Romeu

PEH

Redmond

Boufal

Long

Ings

In fairness I feel for Ralph because I really don’t know who to start after that sh*tshow, and truth be told whatever he starts he will get some sort of criticism for.

However, drop the 3 centrebacks- they’re all **** and Friday encapsulated that- let’s play 4.

Pep will still play a strong team (well it isn’t hard to with that squad) but will expect Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Foden, Mahrez, Jesus all to start- and they’ll certainly be smelling blood too.

I can’t work out what to do. Currently toying with this but definitely not convinced.

Gk. McCarthy

CB. Yoshida

CB. Vestergaard (no real choice- ironically win more when he plays)

CB. Bednarek

LWB. Vokins

RWB. JWP (no other option)

CM. Armstrong

CM. Romeu

CM. Slattery

AM. Redmond

AM. Long

CF. Ings

12 players, good plan, should keep City below 6.

Glad you're not going, mate.

This game clearly is a waste of time as a contest.

Those players who brought shame to the red and white shirt on Friday night cannot be allowed to just brush it off. Unless I've missed it have any of them tried to explain why collectively they threw the towel in and gave no effort?

We're talking historic record breaking levels, no pride or desire to perform for the club / manager / fans. They should be afraid to show their faces in town.

I'd hazard a guess tat The City team will be licking their lips at the thought of hitting 10 past us if we perform like we did on Fri.

Leicester players have admitted that they knew the chance of the hightest top tier victory was in their sights from about 6-0 and fancied their chances.

I bet they couldn't believe their luck from the off when we named a team with only 1 up front and 5 at the back to try and stop their counter attacks. We should have

set a formation which meant they were being pushed back and kept back rather than invite them to charge towards us unchallenged. Ok the sending off unsettled us,

but Spurs going down to 10 and even Brighton down to 10 didnt fare too badly against us!!

The inevitable early goal would more than likely see us crumble and City's players going for the jugular. Hoping beyond hope we put in a decent shift and give City a proper game

and something for us fans to cheer.

This game clearly is a waste of time as a contest.

Those players who brought shame to the red and white shirt on Friday night cannot be allowed to just brush it off. Unless I've missed it have any of them tried to explain why collectively they threw the towel in and gave no effort?

We're talking historic record breaking levels, no pride or desire to perform for the club / manager / fans. They should be afraid to show their faces in town.

They've embarrassed the shirt but being aggressive to them is only going to make the fans feel better. Won't do the team any good at all and makes another humiliation more likely.

They've embarrassed the shirt but being aggressive to them is only going to make the fans feel better. Won't do the team any good at all and makes another humiliation more likely.

To be honest i don't care if they players react that way. They couldn't sink any lower than they did on Friday, what we witnessed was possibly the most disgraceful display by a Southampton team in our history, the lot of them deserve to be sacked, put in the stocks at the Bargate and possibly then start to realise the extent of their failure. It's not possible to carry on as normal. Apologies are not good enough for such a lack of commitment.

To be honest i don't care if they players react that way. They couldn't sink any lower than they did on Friday, what we witnessed was possibly the most disgraceful display by a Southampton team in our history, the lot of them deserve to be sacked, put in the stocks at the Bargate and possibly then start to realise the extent of their failure. It's not possible to carry on as normal. Apologies are not good enough for such a lack of commitment.

They could sink lower. They could lose our other games, beyond City. I don't want that to happen.

We need to see some sort of reaction. We will almost certainly lose but whoever plays needs to give 100% for the shirt. The longer this festers, the worse it gets. Hopefully this will be in the past and when we play the likes of Everton and Watford the starting lineup will be focused on winning those games and not damage limitation.

The only chance we have in this game is if our players turn up and play out of their skins putting in 10/10 performances all over the pitch to try and erase the embarrassment of Friday....and Man City's players get collective amnesia, and forget the way to the Etihad, and then we might just manage a draw (and lose on pens)

Edited by doddisalegend

Agree with this, their lack of effort and desire is unforgivable. It wasn’t even one of those games where they got lucky and every shot flew in the net, Leicester should have scored more.

The reason these scores are rare is that the team winning by 4 or 5 naturally ease off and the for the losing team pride kicks in they get more and more determined not to concede. The tossers our on the pitch Friday showed no pride in the shirt whatsoever, the fact that there were no yellow cards shows how little fight there was.

Danso HAS to play, surely. He has played one game at CB since he arrived, away to Fulham and he found it possible to win at least one header which immediately makes him our best defender in the air. Maybe stick with Hojbjerg in these two games because we’re going to lose, then **** him off forever. Start Boufal. Start with Armstrong. Start with players who either give a ****, or at least haven’t made it abundantly clear to us that they don’t. NO VESTERGAARD. NO GUNN. Ralph shouldn’t fall on his sword for that defeat the other night, but his baffling selections mean he can’t be blame free, a lot of fans have called for certain players to be dropped and he hasn’t, and it’s losing some faith in him.

Agree with this, their lack of effort and desire is unforgivable. It wasn’t even one of those games where they got lucky and every shot flew in the net, Leicester should have scored more.

The reason these scores are rare is that the team winning by 4 or 5 naturally ease off and the for the losing team pride kicks in they get more and more determined not to concede. The tossers our on the pitch Friday showed no pride in the shirt whatsoever, the fact that there were no yellow cards shows how little fight there was.

..... highlighted by the goal attempts column, 25 I believe. Thats one every 4 minutes for the entire game. You would expect that playing Man City away maybe, which we now face twice. Despite our poor start to the season nobody saw this coming however, I expected a meek defeat yes. Compare that display to some other games this weekend - Palace 2 down at Arsenal and getting battered, fought back to 2-2. Burnley 4 down, kept going got 2 back and kept the fans onside.

The mental scars of this defeat will last a very long time for the fans,far less so for the players who have demonstrated beyond all doubt that they have no pride in the club, the shirt or themselves as professional sportsman. To be simply not good enough at this level is somewhat forgivable, in which case blame would lie elsewhere in them being on the pitch, but a nine goal hammering which could have been more shows a complete breakdown which could take a very long time to rectify.

..... highlighted by the goal attempts column, 25 I believe. Thats one every 4 minutes for the entire game. You would expect that playing Man City away maybe, which we now face twice. Despite our poor start to the season nobody saw this coming however, I expected a meek defeat yes. Compare that display to some other games this weekend - Palace 2 down at Arsenal and getting battered, fought back to 2-2. Burnley 4 down, kept going got 2 back and kept the fans onside.

The mental scars of this defeat will last a very long time for the fans,far less so for the players who have demonstrated beyond all doubt that they have no pride in the club, the shirt or themselves as professional sportsman. To be simply not good enough at this level is somewhat forgivable, in which case blame would lie elsewhere in them being on the pitch, but a nine goal hammering which could have been more shows a complete breakdown which could take a very long time to rectify.

100 % this! if i was utterly and deeply embarassed and humiliated and made to look stupid at my work place in what i do and it was all my fault, i wouldn't cope with it, do football players have a whole different mental wiring? how can money be the only way they measure their success? how is being made to look like the amateurs they are not a disgrace to them, when they're paid in millions each year because of their supposed "professional" qualifications?

Most of these players have shown the exit door to three managers and have no qualms about showing it to a fourth.

The first thing the players will do is look to the manager for inspiration in preparation for the City game.

Does Ralph allow a frank, open warts and all discussion about what went wrong?

Or will it be straight onto training where the players think to themselves "we tried that and it doesn't work" mentality?

We have players looking at each other or the manager when things go wrong instead of themselves.

Do any of them actually want to be here or is it just about the money?

The next performance isn't down to the manager, he is irrelevant, it is purely down to the players who ever is picked.

The whole footballing world will be watching to see how Saints react to such a crushing defeat and whether we can do the

impossible and beat Man City or at least die trying. The only people who are going to restore some pride in SFC are the players,

they are the ones that need to show the whole world what they are capable of after a 0-9 defeat.

The players have to show in every game from now until the end of the season that no other team will rip them apart so easily.

That will be the start of the healing process I'm looking for.

The truth, as far as I'm concerned, is, when our manager puts out a team on 11, one of which is a Goalkeeper, and of the remaining 10, 9 are defensive players, and this at home! Yes, the players were sh1te, but the setup was bl00dy crap for a home game, sorry Ralph, but this was on you.

you know, i was hoping if we ditch the hopeless plodders in the "senior" team and replace them with a few of the promising u23s, but as it turns out they lost 3 nil to the leicester u23s this weekend and their results this season have been as hopeless as the first teams. there really is no way out of this nightmare is there?

you know, i was hoping we ditch the hopeless plodders in the "senior" team and replace them with a few of the promising u23s, but as it turns out they lost 3 nil to the leicester u23s this weekend and their results this season have been as hopeless as the first teams. there really is no way out of this nightmare is there? atleast not until january, when we can clutch at straws all we like only to be let down yet again.

you know, i was hoping we ditch the hopeless plodders in the "senior" team and replace them with a few of the promising u23s, but as it turns out they lost 3 nil to the leicester u23s this weekend and their results this season have been as hopeless as the first teams. there really is no way out of this nightmare is there? atleast not until january, when we can clutch at straws all we like only to be let down yet again.

Unfortunately you're right, the u23s look completely lost in terms of direction and quality, they look like they've had all confidence zapped out of them, on a really bad run of form.

Maybe the players throughout the club are missing the motivational speeches of Ralph Krueger .

The ladies team is doing well just won their last game 11-0 maybe we should play them? reckon they've got more balls than our senior men's team..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you're right, the u23s look completely lost in terms of direction and quality, they look like they've had all confidence zapped out of them, on a really bad run of form.

Maybe the players throughout the club are missing the motivational speeches of Ralph Krueger .

The "Pathway" to the first team looks to have been blocked off again, as has been mentioned the same team get picked and no "kids" even getting rotated through the bench. So a "whats the point" attitude can quickly set itself in.

This is going to be an interesting few days.

The only chance we have in this game is if our players turn up and play out of their skins putting in 10/10 performances all over the pitch to try and erase the embarrassment of Friday....and Man City's players get collective amnesia, and forget the way to the Etihad, and then we might just manage a draw (and lose on pens)

Just pick the eleven tallest widest players to block the entire goalmouth.

The truth, as far as I'm concerned, is, when our manager puts out a team on 11, one of which is a Goalkeeper, and of the remaining 10, 9 are defensive players, and this at home! Yes, the players were sh1te, but the setup was bl00dy crap for a home game, sorry Ralph, but this was on you.

I guess this was what Ralph meant with "I take 100% responsibility."

But surely we would have conceded as many with a 4-2-4 formation?

We seem to be split on how to approach Tue & Sat - do we send out the same team and tell them to make amends, or do we drop many?

Does nayone actually know what the situation is with Sims? I know his loan was supposed to be to the end of the year, but given RBNY have actually finished their season how does that work, he has no matches to play. He was named in the PL squad, so is eligible, but is he back or not? Not for one minute saying he is the answer to all our prayers but it would be good to know if he could actually be selected to play.

It's pretty difficult trying to pick a team right now. Probably more to do with some of their reactions rather than if they're any good. Would be a big call to stick Vokins in away at City, after just losing 9-0 but we have no-one else, hopefully Cedric is fit? Valery had his worst game for us Friday so would like to drop him too but again - who else? Danso at LWB? Hojbjerg? JWP?

I'd go...

----------------------McCarthy

Valery - Bednarek - Yoshida - Danso - Cedric?

--------------JWP----Romeu---Hojbjerg

---------------------Redmond

-----------------------Long--------------------

See no benefit of going to a 4 at the back, but we just have such a limited squad right now. Would actually quite like to stick the same team out and make them make amends, and see if they're up for the fight. But also a load of changes wouldn't be a bad idea. The fact I don't even know what system or players to pick is a massive concern and probably one of the reasons why we can't just get any continuity in our performances.

Pep will probably put out his second team of international players for this one , then revert to the first team of international players for the Saturday Prem game .

We will scrape together 11 men (or incredible professionals as Pep called them ) on both occasions .

We also thought they were incredible on Friday .

Edited by East Kent Saint

If you're going to go, you do so knowing what happened on Friday, so you might as well get right behind them. If you want to make a point, don't go.

IMO.

Group of lads i know going are already discussing which goal to leave on. Probably at 3 down.

If you're going to go, you do so knowing what happened on Friday, so you might as well get right behind them. If you want to make a point, don't go.

IMO.

This. Me and my lad will be there, we'll support as normal for any other match, new game, new slate. That said, if it turns into the same ****show as Friday (which i don't think it will) I've little doubt the support, and mood, will change.

On another note, anybody know, do they use VAR for cup games?

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

I'd go:

Martin

Kirkup

Hollywood

Fisher

McGraph

Gabriel

O'Neill

Paine

Channon

Davies

Docker Walker on the bench

Walker might as well start since you've only named 10 players :-)

Jenkins or Sydenham to maraud down the left?