Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Real Problem

Default The Real Problem

There are a group of players in the dressing room that are poisonous and not one manager has sorted it out.

Bertrand? Plus certain a ex-player now on the staff?

Quote Originally Posted by LeG View Post
    There are a group of players in the dressing room that are poisonous and not one manager has sorted it out.
    Who? Name and shame.

They haven't been able to as they've been sold. If we'd kept a group of players together, we'd be playing a lot better now.

Blog Entries

Has anyone attempted to put Ralph in a chokehold yet?

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Bertrand, Fonte and Redmond where rumoured to be the ring leaders of a player revolt against Puel.

Nobody cared at the time becuase Puel was "the worst manager Southampton had ever seen" and people wanted him out.

In the end player power seemingly won out and Puel got the heave ho. Rumours of players undermining mangers have been doing the rounds every season since.
    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The "real" problem v7

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    They haven't been able to as they've been sold. If we'd kept a group of players together, we'd be playing a lot better now.
    This is the team that beat Leicester 2-0, 5 years ago:

F Forster, J Fonte, R Bertrand, T Alderweireldy, N Clyne, S Davis, M Schneiderlin, V Wanyama, S Mane, G Pelle, D Tadic

The real problem is that we've sold good players and replaced them with much worse ones.

I miss the good ol days when warning of this day was "trolling"

Wouldn’t surprise me if JWP was one of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    This is the team that beat Leicester 2-0, 5 years ago:

F Forster, J Fonte, R Bertrand, T Alderweireldy, N Clyne, S Davis, M Schneiderlin, V Wanyama, S Mane, G Pelle, D Tadic
    Wow, we have fallen so far in terms of quality. This is the problem. There is nothing Ralf can do to Pollish this turd of a team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Killers Knee View Post
    Wow, we have fallen so far in terms of quality. This is the problem. There is nothing Ralf can do to Pollish this turd of a team.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    That team��

I was there tonight and thought who would get into the starting 11 in the Poch/Koeman seasons........ probably none. Maybe Redmond as a sub. Bertrand back in the day of course but not on current form.

There is clearly a horrible setup in the squad, let's be honest. It's the most dislikable bunch we've ever had, so their makeup is ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    There is clearly a horrible setup in the squad, let's be honest. It's the most dislikable bunch we've ever had, so their makeup is ****ed.
    Who specifically though?

Granted Austin, Hoedt, Lemina etc but they are gone.

I can't really imagine the likes of Long, Armstrong, McCarthy, Obafemi being absolute ****s behind the scenes and they are the ones who don't play.

Bertrand - possibly but those close say he is misunderstood.

If anything we lack strong characters.

16. Default

I think they're all pretty likeable, just lack the collective mentality.

This

Do you mean in terms of personalities? Which players in particular?

Reported that Ings told Ralph he was a joke at halftime and promptly subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Suspect the order is wrong there. Shouldnít happen though. Heís lost their respect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. Default

Certainly looked like they were trying to get Ralph fired. They just flat out stopped trying at all. Has to be one of the most bizarre sports games I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Where?
    Ugly Inside by several

Id previously been told that bertie was given the captains armband by puel in an attempt to bring him onside.

And that he was sure to move at the beginning of last season, leaving us with Targett and McQueen.

Bertrand staying though, meant McQueen having to go to Middlesborough.

Let's face it. It's the reason Bertrand and Cedric weren't first choice, and the reason we need wing backs on board with Ralph's style.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaSaint View Post
    Certainly looked like they were trying to get Ralph fired. They just flat out stopped trying at all. Has to be one of the most bizarre sports games I’ve ever seen.
    So player power had Puel sacked, player power (and poor results) had Pellegrino sacked, Hughes I cannot remember reading about player power, probably the rubbish results and now it’s player power that is trying to get Ralph removed. Give Ralph the staff he needs and let’s have these players removed.

maybe this adds some grist to the mill of the O/Ps claim from the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ecide-players/

The club believe that Hasenhuttl’s high press model is the way forward and have made it clear to the squad that they will get rid of players before they sack their manager. In meetings at Staplewood, the Saints training ground, staff and players have been left in no doubt that the backing for Hasenhuttl is not simply cosmetic while a replacement has been found.

Sounds like the players being taken down a peg or two.

I’d rather we got relegated then let the poison of player power win.

The real problem

I think the players need to look at their own performances before they start on the manager. Quite a few Saints in the top 5 worst players in their position according to these ratings... and this was before Leicester!

https://www.givemesport.com/1515139-...organic-social

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache View Post
    I think the players need to look at their own performances before they start on the manager. Quite a few Saints in the top 5 worst players in their position according to these ratings... and this was before Leicester!

https://www.givemesport.com/1515139-...organic-social

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Blimey that really highlights how bad our players are probably deserves a thread of its own.

so that's Valery, Bertrand, Hoj, Yoshida, Gunn and Adams in the worst five in the PL for their position..

The players are a bunch of ******s. Apparently now Ralph has lost the dressing room and they don’t like him. They didn’t like Puel either, or Pellegrino or Hughes. 4 different managers of varied personalities and abilities and the players didn’t like any of them. Yes we’ve got some dross but we stayed up with a lot worse in the past. These ******s earning big money on long contracts put in zero effort Friday night, they were a disgrace. Whatever the tactics are or whatever they think of the club, manager or fans strolling around, not putting in tackles, not tracking runnings is pathetic and it’s been the same now under the last 4 managers with rumours that they don’t like the manager. If they were in Italy they’d be scared to leave the house, fans would be storming training. They should be getting relentless abuse until they get the message not a few polite boos at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    if they were in Italy theyíd be scared to leave the house, fans would be storming training. They should be getting relentless abuse until they get the message not a few polite boos at the end of the game.
    Careful, the super fans will get offended

I hate to sound like Always but this is nothing but a rumour. Players can see when certain players get picked no matter what. They get frustrated at the pitiful tactics etc.
    Bertrand always performed better without Redmond in front of him. Understandable when players get frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    maybe this adds some grist to the mill of the O/Ps claim from the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ecide-players/

The club believe that Hasenhuttl’s high press model is the way forward and have made it clear to the squad that they will get rid of players before they sack their manager. In meetings at Staplewood, the Saints training ground, staff and players have been left in no doubt that the backing for Hasenhuttl is not simply cosmetic while a replacement has been found.

Sounds like the players being taken down a peg or two.
    Yes it does. Player power was a big factor in Puel's sacking by all accounts. They liked the Clown it seemed, it was just his gross incompetence that got him sacked. Hughes wasn't here long enough, so I don't think they got him sacked either. But the player ousting of Puel and the resulting slow motion train wreck seems to have made the club (rightly) determined not to let it happen again.

The problem is they are backing Ralph without Rohl, which may be a like backing a racehorse without a jockey.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Careful, the super fans will get offended
    But not you eh because you have done your bit.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

It very easy to make allegations. Perhaps you should name names.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    The players are a bunch of ******s. Apparently now Ralph has lost the dressing room and they don’t like him. They didn’t like Puel either, or Pellegrino or Hughes. 4 different managers of varied personalities and abilities and the players didn’t like any of them. Yes we’ve got some dross but we stayed up with a lot worse in the past. These ******s earning big money on long contracts put in zero effort Friday night, they were a disgrace. Whatever the tactics are or whatever they think of the club, manager or fans strolling around, not putting in tackles, not tracking runnings is pathetic and it’s been the same now under the last 4 managers with rumours that they don’t like the manager. If they were in Italy they’d be scared to leave the house, fans would be storming training. They should be getting relentless abuse until they get the message not a few polite boos at the end of the game.
    This 100%
    Only 3 fouls committed in a 9-0 home defeat.
    What would Jimmy Case or Terry Hurlock think of these gutless players!
    Watched highlights on match of day and noticed our captain/central midfielder no where to be seen when the first few goals went in .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    Yes it does. Player power was a big factor in Puel's sacking by all accounts. They liked the Clown it seemed, it was just his gross incompetence that got him sacked. Hughes wasn't here long enough, so I don't think they got him sacked either. But the player ousting of Puel and the resulting slow motion train wreck seems to have made the club (rightly) determined not to let it happen again.

The problem is they are backing Ralph without Rohl, which may be a like backing a racehorse without a jockey.
    I was looking at Ralph's managerial career earlier and he did decent job at a number of German clubs before he teamed up with Rohl at Leipzig so I'm not sure why everyone thinks Rohl is the brains behind Ralph?

Blog Entries

I blame Nietzsche. Ralph couldn't find enough supermen
    Last edited by Ohio Saint; 27-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It very easy to make allegations. Perhaps you should name names.
    Indeed it is. I do not know who the exact players are, but I 100% know that theyre the cause of many problems off the field and in the dressing room. Ralph HAS to sort it. The problem is none of the managers have successfully addressed it. I'm going to speculate that it's because we can't afford to leave them out...

Indeed it is. I do not know who the exact players are, but I 100% know that theyre the cause of many problems off the field and in the dressing room. Ralph HAS to sort it. The problem is none of the managers have successfully addressed it. I'm going to speculate that it's because we can't afford to leave them out...
    As I said earlier, nearly all of the players have been sold over the last 5 years. We have different players now. I guess there will always be 1 or 2 good players who get annoyed when they see their best team mates sold and replaced with dross. But, they are not the real problem. The real problem is the club selling our best players and replacing them with dross.

Well, he’s out for the next 3 games anyway & Bertrand has always been a trouble making, arrogant pr***!!

I’m shocked Kelvin is first team coach. What has he got to offer? Get the quality back in the coaching ranks and get Ralph a strong number 2. He’s desperate for a decent RHM.

I’m more interested to see if the pacifying words of the Telegraph article actually come to fruition because I haven’t seen much of the club’s social media engineering actually realised. We certainly have a disingenuous media voice under Chairman Mao.

People talk of a management restructure within the ranks but all I see is a club shedding staff ( often key staff ) off the wage bill. No one has been replaced (or someone forced upon Ralph from the academy as a cheap alternative) and all Gao has done is appoint media people which is about as useful to the sporting progress as a chocolate teapot. I hope we do appoint a football man as director of football and a strong assistant for Ralph.

I have been berating Gao and Kat ever since this slump & fire sale materialised. Replace quality with quality. What we are seeing now is the culmination of years of under investment, incompetence and utter negligence. It does not come as a shock.

43. Default

......have made it clear to the squad that they will get rid of players before they sack their manager...

Oh really, since when ? This is the dreaded vote of confidence/PR bulls**t statement. Players may trickle out of a troubled club but the manager is always the first to go when things aren't going well, leaving the under-performing players there with their watertight overpaid contracts and no fear of being out of a job.
    The wording of the statement does hint at a lot of disunity however, and RH's man management must be called into question. It's an important part of the job these days, despite the ludicrous salaries these players receive.
    Another problem we seem to have which has been alluded to a few times is the lack of a real leader or two on the playing staff, a real "Mr Southampton" to kick some backsides when needed.

Who's scapegoat #20?

The real problem is simple. $$$. We spend less than almost all other teams in the league so ofcourse we're going to be near relegation.

2017/18: £28.6m profit after tax.
    2016/17: £34.1m profit after tax.
    2015/16: £4.9m profit after tax.
    2014/15: £12.0m profit after tax.
    2013/14: £33.4m profit after tax.

An owner that invests nothing and will earn back what he paid in 4 more years if we keep just surviving relegation.

We buy players in the £10-20m and could easily push that up to a couple of £25-30m players each year but don't want to because of greedy owners.

There's being a well run sustainable club, and then there's pocketing huge profits despite the team screaming for some quality investment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    Who's scapegoat #20?

The real problem is simple. $$$. We spend less than almost all other teams in the league so ofcourse we're going to be near relegation.

An owner that invests nothing and will earn back what he paid in 4 more years if we keep just surviving relegation.

We buy players in the £10-20m and could easily push that up to a couple of £25-30m players each year but don't want to because of greedy owners.

There's being a well run sustainable club, and then there's pocketing huge profits despite the team screaming for some quality investment.

Tbf whether we like it or not it has been made clear that new player investment comes from profitability and player trading. You could argue that is how it has played out but clearly to get out of this mess we need to over invest which seems very unlikely. We no longer have sellable assets so something has to give.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatt View Post
    Who's scapegoat #20?

Kat was even charging her own club interest on loans, all of which had to be paid back to her in full before she pocketed the £200 mill from Gao. How greedy can you get? If Gao hadn't forced Kat to delay the sale of van Dijk until after he took over, he'd have needed even longer to make back the money he borrowed to pay her. She'd already sold nearly all of our best players. But, now the cupboard is bare.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Mockles View Post
    Well, heís out for the next 3 games anyway & Bertrand has always been a trouble making, arrogant pr***!!

Iím shocked Kelvin is first team coach. What has he got to offer? Get the quality back in the coaching ranks and get Ralph a strong number 2. Heís desperate for a decent RHM.

Iím more interested to see if the pacifying words of the Telegraph article actually come to fruition because I havenít seen much of the clubís social media engineering actually realised. We certainly have a disingenuous media voice under Chairman Mao.

People talk of a management restructure within the ranks but all I see is a club shedding staff ( often key staff ) off the wage bill. No one has been replaced (or someone forced upon Ralph from the academy as a cheap alternative) and all Gao has done is appoint media people which is about as useful to the sporting progress as a chocolate teapot. I hope we do appoint a football man as director of football and a strong assistant for Ralph.

I have been berating Gao and Kat ever since this slump & fire sale materialised. Replace quality with quality. What we are seeing now is the culmination of years of under investment, incompetence and utter negligence. It does not come as a shock.
    I know for certain that Bertrand hasnít thought too highly of the club and has wanted to leave since the end of the Puel season.

The trouble is, heís been so average that we canít find a club that wants him.

Fonte was the leader in that dressing room. Had the respect of the players and under his captaincy, this wouldn’t be happening.

When his head turned and Les managed him out, we lost a massive part of the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post

Or a bag of hay with no horse or jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    I know for certain that Bertrand hasnít thought too highly of the club and has wanted to leave since the end of the Puel season.

The trouble is, heís been so average that we canít find a club that wants him.
    You only had to listen to his Solent interview before friday night's game to get that impression. He was banging on about wanting to the best LB in the PL which is ironic because according to Whoscored stats he is statistically the worst LB in the league right now and that was before Friday nights game.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk