Immediate future- where does this leave us?

saints-til-i-die

With the Valery horror show and Bertrand red card where does this leave us for the next few games? Players out of position again? Surely we can’t chuck young players in as it could destroy them too? We have average midfielders, poor defenders and uninspiring attackers. I’d put McCarthy in, Armstrong, Long but not sure who else. I can’t pick a team or formation.

I can’t really see many changes that can be made. The players are bad but not THAT bad or it would happen every week. It looked like the players weren’t playing for the manager. The tactics seem to difficult for the players to implement. We keep leaving ourselves exposed. I’m not sure Ralph can stop the rot when he slates players in public and then requires them a few weeks later.

When he arrived he was more Klopp with energy and enthusiasm. Now he is Mourinho: angry, miserable and seemingly falling out with players and potentially staff. I don’t know why this has happened.

Ultimately I blame Les Reed for overseeing this drastic decline which will take years to sort out.

Id stick with Gunn as none of the goals were directly his fault. Would be good if Djenepo was back to be honest. My team now has to be

Gunn

Cedric vest bednarek yoshida danso

Romeu Hoj

Djenepo ings redmond

As those are the only options we really have. We don't have another cm or lb to drop our major underperformers and I think that cb arrangement is best for us

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Id stick with Gunn as none of the goals were directly his fault. Would be good if Djenepo was back to be honest. My team now has to be

Gunn

Romeu Hoj

Djenepo ings redmond

As those are the only options we really have. We don't have another cm or lb to drop our major underperformers and I think that cb arrangement is best for us

The first goal was Gunn’s fault. Heads dropped when that went In. He’s poor and has been all season. Time for a change.

I honestly don’t know the answer at CB. We played all 5 of them last night and still shipped 9.

My ideal solution would be for Kat to take Gao to court and regain 100% ownership of Southampton. As a gesture to fans and loyal supporters admit things didn't work and stick 100 million of her own cash into a kitty to stable the ship. Hire new coaches and a director of football. Keep Ralph but it's time to cut the rotten apples and played power from the club..... Time for the overpaid egos to go.

Then find a long term investor who actually wants to take us forward.

The first goal was Gunn’s fault. Heads dropped when that went In. He’s poor and has been all season. Time for a change.

I honestly don’t know the answer at CB. We played all 5 of them last night and still shipped 9.

The first goal was the whole teams fault. Ings had the ball on the halfway line but due to a complete lack of invention from anyone in the team, himself included, he ended up playing a hospital ball straight back to a marked player in our own third. Bertrand gave the ball away (getting himself sent off in the process), then nobody marks anyone properly and despite the 5 at the back that was supposed to cover our defensive frailties, Chilwell is basically unmarked in acres of space on the right.

Gunn's mishandling, whilst clearly another poor error, is simply scape-goating a wretched team performance, even at 0-0 with 11 men.

It’s not scapegoating him on one performance though. He’s been consistently poor. Ralph even commented that he should’ve saved some shots over the last few games and then sticks with him.

I'm not denying he has been poor but the statement, "The first goal was Gunn's fault," isn't true. It was the whole team, going from our possession on the halfway line to two unchallenged shots against us, in the space of ten seconds.

Things I take solace from:

1. We have more points then at this stage last year.

2. Our away form is ok.

3. In theory, our squad is stronger then this time last year.... In theory.

4. Moussa Djenepo

Edited by Colinjb

Gunn

Romeu Hoj

Djenepo ings redmond

Wasn’t it Ralph himself who said we need a small squad?

Whether we believe the alternatives are not as good our perseverance with certain current first teamers including the captain is proving to be a disaster.

Ralph always seems blind to the needs of the team and prefers his obstinate personality driven methods which never work in any work environment.

Ralph seems to have so many ‘issues’ going on with players that he is digging a big hole for himself with credibility in his squad and with fans and results he cannot be allowed to continue, the **** pile he has managed to construct is now too big.

The first goal is certainly partly Gunns fault. One of the first things you learn is if you can't hold the ball, the next best thing is to push the ball behind where your defense can reset. The reason also why he must be seriously attributed with the goal is he did the same thing against Wolves last week and luckily got away with it with an offside in the build up. I like playing young players, but a key component is learning from your mistakes and improving. I don't think he is improving at all. If he came from Liberia or another country not known for goalkeepers, people would be far tougher on him. But that De Gea stubble is making him 'appear' more of a goalkeeper. He has to go back to number 2 for a while and learn from this.

My ideal solution would be for Kat to take Gao to court and regain 100% ownership of Southampton. As a gesture to fans and loyal supporters admit things didn't work and stick 100 million of her own cash into a kitty to stable the ship. Hire new coaches and a director of football. Keep Ralph but it's time to cut the rotten apples and played power from the club..... Time for the overpaid egos to go.

That's more ridiculous than last nights scoreline.

Gunn has had faults this season but I don't think it's fair to put last night on him. He was left completely exposed. Just watched it again and almost all of the goals came with no pressure on the ball. It was like a training ground shooting exercise.

Why would your ideal solution to go back to having Kat in charge. She got us into this mess in the first place. Odd.

How could anyone still keep Gunn?

He just shipped 9 ****ing goals, he needs to get the **** out of this side for the foreseable. McCarthy didn't ever do anything wrong if we're honest.

But apart from that, we're still forced to select **** as that's all we have.

I would say that we are now due to drop down. We have a poor squad, no particular character or identity as a club, no great players coming through, no money. There must be better, more interesting clubs who could replace us and be better for football.

I don't know much about football, but I don't see much potential in what we have. Surely changing this will take years and will be done in a lower division? Am I being over-dramatic?

I would say that we are now due to drop down. We have a poor squad, no particular character or identity as a club, no great players coming through, no money. There must be better, more interesting clubs who could replace us and be better for football.

I don't know much about football, but I don't see much potential in what we have. Surely changing this will take years and will be done in a lower division? Am I being over-dramatic?

You are quite correct IMO.

We have become a complete irrelevance in this league. We certainly will not be missed.

How could anyone still keep Gunn?

He just shipped 9 ****ing goals, he needs to get the **** out of this side for the foreseable. McCarthy didn't ever do anything wrong if we're honest.

But apart from that, we're still forced to select **** as that's all we have.

The manager wanted a small squad to work with. Well he’s got it. Problem is it’s a small squad with limited ability. Take the full backs, if Cedric is out for another week and with Bertrand suspended who the **** plays right and left back next week? Not Valery after last night surely? But who else is there ?

My ideal solution would be for Kat to take Gao to court and regain 100% ownership of Southampton. As a gesture to fans and loyal supporters admit things didn't work and stick 100 million of her own cash into a kitty to stable the ship. Hire new coaches and a director of football. Keep Ralph but it's time to cut the rotten apples and player power from the club..... Time for the overpaid egos to go.

That would be a great To Do List, if only it could happen like that.