Yann Valery

SKD

An absolute disgrace. Far too big for his boots, shocking attitude from what I’ve seen away from football.

Had a handful of above average games been **** in just as many.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if he never played for us again

An absolute disgrace. Far too big for his boots, shocking attitude from what I’ve seen away from football.

Shouldn’t be anywhere near the 1st team at the moment

The lad had a mare, no mistake, but he's much better than he showed last night. Personally I think he needs to be taken out of the firing line, need to get Cedric back. Yeah he was crap last night, but to heap it all on the kid is unfair.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Why pick on a young player struggling in a poor side. I was more annoyed by the lack of effort from the senior players

Havent seen it anywhere else. Thought Gary Neville showed real class not naming the youngsters. Made a generic comment about young players being found out and potentially having their whole careers altered on one game. Clearly referring to Valery and Gunn and possibly Bednarek too.

Havent seen it anywhere else. Thought Gary Neville showed real class not naming the youngsters. Made a generic comment about young players being found out and potentially having their whole careers altered on one game. Clearly referring to Valery and Gunn and possibly Bednarek too.

Yes, I was impressed by his analysis and professionalism.

Get him in as manager? ;)

If we start next season in the Championship, I’d be more than happy to see Valery start as our first choice right back. But he was thrown into Premier League football last season at a tender age and did OK, at a time we’d loaned Cedric out and had nobody else to call on. But he’s not Premier League ready, yet.

Just like JWP and Stephens, he has come through the youth system and generally been substandard. However a two month 'purple patch' of being adequate has lead the powers that be to believe he is good enough. Will he be one day? Perhaps but right now he is an absolute liability.

I think he's pretty average, had a couple of good games and has some decentish ability, but he looses his head too quickly and that's seemingly in his makeup.

Loan him out to L1 or something, see how he gets on. Shoudln't be in the PL right now.

What have you seen away from football?

I think he has some talent but needs some decent coaching which doesn’t appear to be happening. His positioning and spacial awareness is all over the place. We shouldn’t have to rely on him right now but our transfer policy over the summer didn’t help.

Don't like many of the comments here. Valery is a young player. They are notoriously inconsistent - which is exactly what he has been.

In a better squad, he would be given more time to develop. In our squad, he plays a lot because the squad is weak. That is not his fault. The Manager had taken him out the firing line and alluded to why a couple of weeks ago...and then Cedric got injured.

He has few good senior pros to look after him (Fonte, S.Davis, Tadic etc) and give him advice. That is also not his fault.

I have seen him have very good games, against good teams. He has ability. How many 20 year olds start in defence every week in the PL? Very few.

Valery is the type of player we, as fans, should support not slate. He has a chance at Saints to be part of a good team in the future.

Don't judge a kid amongst crap.

Don't like many of the comments here. Valery is a young player. They are notoriously inconsistent - which is exactly what he has been.

In a better squad, he would be given more time to develop. In our squad, he plays a lot because the squad is weak. That is not his fault. The Manager had taken him out the firing line and alluded to why a couple of weeks ago...and then Cedric got injured.

He has few good senior pros to look after him (Fonte, S.Davis, Tadic etc) and give him advice. That is also not his fault.

I have seen him have very good games, against good teams. He has ability. How many 20 year olds start in defence every week in the PL? Very few.

Valery is the type of player we, as fans, should support not slate. He has a chance at Saints to be part of a good team in the future.

This

Spot on

I'm sorry but he was on the pitch and he wasn't just being inconsistent, he was a complete liability. He deserves his criticism.

Good answer!

Can those who were at the game comment if at any time did a more senior pro go to him at all? From the TV it didn't look like it. He needed a more experienced player to put his arm around him a bit and help him calm down.

Good answer!

Can those who were at the game comment if at any time did a more senior pro go to him at all? From the TV it didn't look like it. He needed a more experienced player to put his arm around him a bit and help him calm down.

Didn't see that happening, and I was in front of him for practically the whole game cause he swapped sides.

I agree with most of that, he does show signs at times of being a good prospect, but some of his errors on Friday were schoolboy inexcusable.

• 2 months later...
Anyone know how his recovery from the awful "virus" is progressing?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

It may be getting a bit better now the transfer window has opened

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had a personal issue going on around the time he was pronounced as ill by the club before Newcastle away last season and driven straight home.

No idea whether his recent absence is related to that or not.

Whatever is going on I hope he gets back to fitness soon because although batman thinks he's crap he's actually a good young player who should have a decent career ahead of him.