We need to be bought for it to be good again

killer fan

You carnt survive In this league these days by not seriously spending .Yes we spent 45 million this summer but these days for a decent player that’s what you should be spending on one player . I can’t see us escaping relegation this year we need to spend 150 million in January for a chance and I carnt see us doing that or players wanting to come .

The owner will not spend and rightly so as Reed Kruger and Wilson put players who were obviously plodders on large 5 year contracts. When we go down the club will be in a total financial tailspin. Our squad will not be plundered by the others because we have little other clubs would want. Redmond and Ings perhaps. Katrina has let us and her father down as she sold us down the river selling to Gao.( I understand she wanted her money, fair enough, but in her desperation she sold to the wrong people.

We are royally f**ked. So many players on long term contracts with no hope of moving on for a fee - i would guess we are still paying for the players out on loan!

We wont be able to buy until we shift these ... As Adam Leitch has said already, the summer transfer window was a near disaster not permantly moving on these players.

So with relegation beckoning, the loss of Sky money, an owner with not a pot to p*ss in ..... IMO we are heading for very stormy waters, again!!

We haven't moved with the transfer market. The player market we used to shop in now cost £25m-£35m per player.

Pretty much this.

Tielemans is the type of player we would have signed 4 years ago, but we’d never pay £40m for a player now.

We are royally f**ked. So many players on long term contracts with no hope of moving on for a fee - i would guess we are still paying for the players out on loan!

We wont be able to buy until we shift these ... As Adam Leitch has said already, the summer transfer window was a near disaster not permantly moving on these players.

So with relegation beckoning, the loss of Sky money, an owner with not a pot to p*ss in ..... IMO we are heading for very stormy waters, again!!

Yes, that's spot on. But when we had NC driving us on with enthusiasm and bringing success our fan base turned on him for some reason. What do we want? We've got what we deserve.

Pretty much this.

Tielemans is the type of player we would have signed 4 years ago, but we’d never pay £40m for a player now.

I think this is it. We bought Wanyama, VVD, Lovren, Tadic, Mane, Pelle etc all for under £20M. I don't think that can happen in today's market. The spine is what makes a team. You can just about get away with it when it comes Full Back's and Wide players, who you can find for slightly cheaper. But quality CM's & CB's cost, and we just don't have the money.