How are you handling the banter?

Tamesaint

I bought a box of After Eight mints for a Sunderland supporting work colleague after we beat them 8 nil. He laughed it off and took it in good grace. I no longer work with him but do expect to hear from him this weekend. lol.

I have already heard from friends this weekend. I expect that I will hear from more. I suspect that I am not the only Saints fan with such friends. How do you handle the comments ? What is the funniest that you have heard?

I've had numerous messages, even from people I haven't seen for a very long time. All the content is similar as you can imagine. There is no way I can attempt to excuse that performance so I am just riding with it for now. Unfortunately that game will not be forgotten for a long time, if ever, and is now permanently in the record books, so thanks saints for dumping that on us.

Pros and cons, the Saints involved in that carnage will move on eventually and that horror show will be a distant memory for them, but us mere fans will have to live with that stat forever. The pros is that the Saints involved would have moved on and out of this club. Good riddance.

I think we as a club have taken more bigger hidings in the top division than any other club over the years. For me it started with Everton 8-0 and then there have been a series of 6 - 7 - goal defeats. I suggest there must be at least 8 or 10 in the last 50 years.

Good its bad enough having the re run of Leeds 7-0 on Motd since the 70's they can do a montage adding last nights game

Some of the best I've seen so far ..

1/ At this rate we'll get Brexit Deal done before we win at home again. On UI post match interview.

2/ New Zealand to score less than Leicester ... wish I'd put a fiver on that!! Mike Channon Jnr on Northern Saints

3/ Leicester have scored twice as many goals at St Mary's this season than we have!! Seem to remember that Puell had won more matches at SMS one calande year with Leicester than we had!!

4/ Various people consoling themselves with the fact their fantasy teams were doing well!!

5/ Headline ... 'Leicester break Prem scoring record'...... Man City .... "Hold my Beer for me......!!

6/ Fans singing Man City we're coming for you!! Gallows humour at its best.

7/ Crumb of comfort ... Leicesters biggest ever win still remains their 10-0 win over Pompey

8/ The Titanic stylee of rearranging the deckchairs will end up with obvious results. Me at start of 2nd half.

9/ If Jack Stephens is the answer ... what the hell was the question? on Dubaisaints Whatsapp group at start of 2nd half!!

I'll stop at 9 as it seems pretty apt.... but there are so many more and it is only Saturday!!

How does telling you that you are not a real fan make me thick along with the other word I will not post because

it's disgusting but by posting it it actually makes you a thick and stupid little child

Tough keyboard boy :lol:

"Disgusting" you snowflake. :lol:

You're a weirdo mate, all you do is follow the same posters on this forum and constantly reply to their posts. You can talk about real fans, I couldn't give a flying **** if you think I'm one or not - that is something "stupid little child" would say, I have an opinion on the football club and regularly share it on here - you do not.

Absolute helmet.

"Disgusting" you snowflake. [emoji38]

You're a weirdo mate, all you do is follow the same posters on this forum and constantly reply to their posts. You can talk about real fans, I couldn't give a flying **** if you think I'm one or not - that is something "stupid little child" would say, I have an opinion on the football club and regularly share it on here - you do not.

Absolute helmet.

Very true. Well said.

"Disgusting" you snowflake. :lol:

Absolute helmet.

You have a small child's opinion and you clearly do give a "flying" as you keep replying

Bless!

laughing at us getting smashed is utterly pathetic

It wasn't meant to be funny

My point stands "real fans" will not be laughing and you are so it's you that should fuk off you utter cretin

I think I am a 'real fan' as I have had a season ticket for years - a fan follows and a supporter pays and all that. I don't however have a Saints duvet and find all this 'we march on' crap rather tedious and Eastern European dictator like. I am prone to outbursts at bad refereeing and a good win will deliver a warm feeling over the weekend. To me it was just a game of football where we got thumped. Nobody died and the morning still came the next day.

When we sang 'Manchester City we are coming for you' that made me laugh and I felt a sense of pride. It reflected very well on our club and our supporters. Outsiders will have found that amusing and thought 'good on them'. You tend to look like a bit of a tit if you huff and puff about what is essentially a game, whatever Bill Shankly said.

Edited by Sergei Gotsmanov

"I bet he's not on cloud NINE" on my running whatsapp group is probably the best bit of banter I've had. Everyone else (saints supporters) are pretty much "meh" which is far worse.

I was out with a Man U mate tonight. He said the fans are right behind Ole and the team because they are at least trying to win. I can relate to that as a feeling. We would all support anyone giving it a go - but to give in and capitulate is abhorrent.

I think I am a 'real fan' as I have had a season ticket for years - a fan follows and a supporter pays and all that. I don't however have a Saints duvet and find all this 'we march on' crap rather tedious and Eastern European dictator like. I am prone to outbursts at bad refereeing and a good win will deliver a warm feeling over the weekend. To me it was just a game of football where we got thumped. Nobody died and the morning still came the next day.

When we sang 'Manchester City we are coming for you' that made me laugh and I felt a sense of pride. It reflected very well on our club and our supporters. Outsiders will have found that amusing and thought 'good on them'. You tend to look like a bit of a tit if you huff and puff about what is essentially a game, whatever Bill Shankly said.

Well said.

Well said, it was only a game of football and we only missed out on three points.

The Manchester City chant was brilliant but in The Times this morning the writer credited it to the Leicester fans.

What a ****.

Fair enough if that's what you think but I guess it's better than having no opinion like you. :yawn:

Off you **** now, you pathetic melt.

:lol: :lol:

Go easy on him, can't have been easy for him walking back to Thornhill dressed like this in rain + after a 0-9 defeat.

663143612.jpg

Not the time to be throwing insults at each other on here . The Leeds 7goal humiliation took long time to get over , they finished the game passing the ball around and we had completely given up . On our current form this will not so devastating plus I'm a lot older so have learnt to deal with disappointment !! Oh good we have just come up on MotD !!!!!!!

For the most part the blue few have given me a break on this one, but perhaps we all know it was coming at some point. Staying up is now the goal, we will most likely lose the next two games but we must change things up, get behind the team and hope we can be in it at the end

7:30am, beach at Pacific Bay, Tutukaka. Beautiful still morning. Who drives up: someone with the rego "Pompy". Told him he was the last person i wanted to see but we had a decent chat. No mockery at all. No ****-take. Just sympathy really, plus comment on how the team seemed to have just given up. Given up. So every team has its disaster day. Won't stop me supporting them. A win sometime would cheer me up no end though. FFS.