Saints Players Away on Loan

washsaint

It does not take a rocket scientist to work out there is a massive, massive problem at our club and has been since Koeman left. What I find really hard to understand is how players that look absolutely terrible for us suddenly start to thrive in a different environment.

Two examples this season are Forster and Elyounoussi. I'm not saying either are superstars and they are playing in a very week League but both appear to be different players appearing for Celtic than they were for Saints. And Targett, a player I really felt we should have kept and shipped out the miserable, way past his best Bertrand, at Villa is starting to thrive.

Coincidence? Or symptomatic of a terrible coaching setup and toxic environment at Saints?

All I know is that I have NEVER seen a Saints side capitulate like that in over 40 years of supporting Saints.

The thing is, you could put Tommy Forecast up front for Celtic and:

A) they’d still win the league

B) he would probably score 5 goals a season

It’s just the difference in class between them and the rest of that League. Moi is just another Rudi Skacel. He’d do a decent job in the Championship or a smaller European league, just not in the pace and physicality of the Prem.

Culture comes from the top.

The top of our club are two owners.

Neither of whom woke up this morning with the thought, "**** we actually lost 9 nil last night".

They do not care enough and that transposes itself to the players, who don't care enough. The coaches, who don't care enough and probably every individual there, doesn't care enough.

They don't have to match the fans for passion for the club, but they do need to care about it.....

Neither of whom woke up this morning with the thought, "**** we actually lost 9 nil last night".

They do not care enough and that transposes itself to the players, who don't care enough. The coaches, who don't care enough and probably every individual there, doesn't care enough.

They don't have to match the fans for passion for the club, but they do need to care about it.....

Yep I think maybe we will have to go down to find a few players who actually care again.

I'm sure they were very worried about last night's disaster. They'll be shitting bricks about getting relegated and the resulting millions they'll lose.

Forster proved for us that he could be a very good keeper. It's no surprise to see him doing well.

But there are all kinds of reasons why players thrive in different environments. Tactics, coaches, the style and quality of the league they're in, even their personal lives. I don't think any of our senior loanees are doing so well that we should think about bringing them back in.

• 2 weeks later...