Who thinks we can get out of this mess?

OttawaSaint

Dunno what the panic is tbh, we've beaten the likely bottom half sides and lost to likely top half ones. We'll lose the next 3, I'll only start thinking we're in trouble if we can't beat Watford and Norwich at home, chance for points home to Everton too, I'd say Newcastle away but we seem to get jet lag on that one or something.

There are 14 teams in this relegation battle, we're on a par with most of them.

We could do with Djenepo back sharpish though and a change of tactics to... anything else... at home.

Did the club go back on its word? We were told several times of the need to sell in order to buy. Our issue over the summer was the problem we had in offloading a number of players and how long that took.

Yes. The club has gone back on pretty much everything it says. The pre-season rebuilding of Ralph’s squad consisted of a low key, last min panic loan who can’t even get into the first 11 & has not improved our defence which was already kind of deferred for changing reasons. That has pretty much guaranteed our relegation & the board simply couldn’t give a f*^k. The replacement for Reed was alluded to 12 months ago. Still, nothing has happened. Gao investing from the outset. Transfer targets True kicking with no intention to buy like that Promes debacle. How much more prevaricating do you need? The club are full of sh*t. Under this regime more than any other. We are now f*cked. Any excuses made are purely lip service & spin to appease the fans. Gao is a waster who won’t invest & will drive us into the dust. He already has if I’m honest.

Yes. The club has gone back on pretty much everything it says. The pre-season rebuilding of Ralph’s squad consisted of a low key, last min panic loan who can’t even get into the first 11 & has not improved our defence which was already kind of deferred for changing reasons. That has pretty much guaranteed our relegation & the board simply couldn’t give a f*^k. The replacement for Reed was alluded to 12 months ago. Still, nothing has happened. Gao investing from the outset. Transfer targets True kicking with no intention to buy like that Promes debacle. How much more prevaricating do you need? The club are full of sh*t. Under this regime more than any other. We are now f*cked. Any excuses made are purely lip service & spin to appease the fans. Gao is a waster who won’t invest & will drive us into the dust. He already has if I’m honest.

Have you forgotten Djenepo?

They donated ONE days wage so they must be ticked off. i think citeh need to watch their backs. also i see we've become the butt end of jokes from other leagues as well, how do the players and staff feel about themselves after that? it must take huge b*lls to show up infront of the fans, unless they're some mechanical beings who don't have feelings and emotions, they must be sh*tting themselves thinking about what might happen on tuesday.

ONE DAYS WAGES! If they had had to lose one weeks wages, that would have hurt them not one bloody day.

You make some very good points here and there is a sense of calm to your post. I don’t think we’d be happy with 13 points from WHU’s fixtures either. However i think we’d have fewer. They ain’t great but they’re better than us. Agree completely that the next home games are key. November 30th on looks doable but no easy games in this league. Well, apart from playing is at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might be better than us, but from watching them, despite their massive investment they don't look much cop.

My point is that we don't really know until we have played everyone.

I thought we would do better than avoiding relegation this year, but I have given up hope of that, but to be honest there could be 10 teams involved in relegation this year and unlike most teams, we have only really played two of them and we won those two games, both away. (Yes one was helped by a sending off).

The Leicester result was terrible, but we were down to 10 men and whether we stay up will not depend on games against Leicester, Spurs and Liverpool (and we were decent in one of those games). It'll depend on the games against Brighton, Sheff Utd, Watford, Norwich, Everton, Newcastle etc.

If Gao ever wants to realise his investment he needs to start taking a bit of an interest in the day to day running of the club and also investing to keep up with the ever moving feast that is the Premier League. However I have yet to believe he has any understanding of what is expected of a football club owner.

Put another way, if he fails to act, he has a lame duck on his books for many years.

A desperate shame it is our club he selected .

Can only see relegation myself whole club needs a overhaul..Anyone players wise who isn't commited needs to be sold same as the players who are continuously offering nothing.

Coaches need to be brought in and we need to ditch Kelvin Davis I think he sides with the players and adds to the toxicity....plus as a coach he is crap look at our goalkeepers.....

Bertrand hasn't offered anything for the last few seasons always looks.miserable when I see him sell!

Redmond,Ings,Djenpo, Boufal, Romeu, Adams, McCarthy, Bednerek.

For me are the future the rest I couldn't care less about they offer nothing... Demote players to U23 sell the rest and change the transfer policy to allow experienced incomings.

Very odd views from you. What evidence do you have to support any of your contentions about Davis or Bertrand? Probably none. Nothing like good old fashioned prejudice.

Saints will not go down but clearly will need to get points on the board rather than rely on goal difference. The likelihood is that even Gao realises that the playing side of his club is in a mess and the need for a quality CB in January is now so acute that even he will have to find a way to fund the purchase. No way will he want to lose the money and the prestige of not being in the Premier League.

Of course the 9-0 humiliation will not have gone down well with him and he must be starting to think that the Club is not in good hands withe the current board, likeable as they may be. Hands off may be about to change. He could sell up of course if he doesn't want the hassle of a filing club.

A board that toes the party line without question is not his best servant, he may not like to be challenged on his remit but it would be better all round if somebody had the guts to spell it out to him, spend some money or you will lose far more than you save.

Saints will not go down but clearly will need to get points on the board rather than rely on goal difference. The likelihood is that even Gao realises that the playing side of his club is in a mess and the need for a quality CB in January is now so acute that even he will have to find a way to fund the purchase. No way will he want to lose the money and the prestige of not being in the Premier League.

Of course the 9-0 humiliation will not have gone down well with him and he must be starting to think that the Club is not in good hands withe the current board, likeable as they may be. Hands off may be about to change. He could sell up of course if he doesn't want the hassle of a filing club.

A board that toes the party line without question is not his best servant, he may not like to be challenged on his remit but it would be better all round if somebody had the guts to spell it out to him, spend some money or you will lose far more than you save.

The current board is:

Gao, Gao's Daughter (London based apparently), Kat, and the CEO who is some fella from a crappy little ad agency. The football 'wisdom' on the board is staggering.

We have no choice Saints have to get out of this mess.

If Gao thought spending the bare minimum to stay in the PL was fraught with danger

then he has not reckoned on what it will cost him to get out of the Championship.

I can't see the Gao family ever making their £220m investment back never mind what they lost in the transfer market.

I only wish they had already made their profit by now and buggered off sharpish.

After giving the players the benefit of the doubt under previous managers this shellacking confirms to me that most of them are actually poor footballers stealing a living in the Premier League. A lot of them are way out of their depth. I trust Ralph to turn things around but some players need to be moved out of the club now, and some pace, energy and enthusiasm brought in. So it's do-able but a lot of changes needed to the team and the squad.

We'll stay up. We knew this was going to be a difficult period heading into it. It's more the manner of the last defeat which has everyone worried (and rightly so). The fixtures we have coming up (after the City game) to the end of the year will tell us more. I think Ralph can do it.

If we buy a few key players that walk straight into the first team in January, then maybe. If, the likely scenario under this joke Chairman, we do nothing (despite the prevaricating nonsense in the Telegraph two weeks ago alluding to the opposite following the Leicester drubbing), then our PL status is likely over and that will all be down to Kat & Gao and the chronic under investment and asset stripping. We will deserve all we get but it’s the fans that will suffer #GaoOut

Why are you so sure we won’t go down? We have an abysmal club and the worst defence in the league. 3rd successive relegation battle suggests our owners are incompetent and don’t care.

My biggest issue is with your comment about our “likeable board”. They are not likeable in the least. They have done nothing to address the fans and they have constantly misled and lied and dangle the carrot while their actions clearly shout, “we don’t give a flying f*ck” and they have little to no interest and won’t even employ a good calibre of staff to manage the operation for them. Incompetent throughout. Our boardroom is the rot in this club. It is being led by a bunch of self serving, incompetent liars who hold the fans in contempt. They run our club like politicians ru( I)n our country. Callous, deceitfully and self-serving with no genuine thought to the people they supposedly represent.

Very odd views from you. What evidence do you have to support any of your contentions about Davis or Bertrand? Probably none. Nothing like good old fashioned prejudice.

Why are his views odd? Davis is out of his depth and the club is in a mess. I find it more alarming the people that can’t accept the state we are in and live in this deluded world of optimism and whimsy. We were in trouble at the start of the season and I got shot down for supporting that opinion as is a common response to criticism & reality in So’ton. I think it’s safe to say we have a sh*t squad. A small handful of people I would keep, the rest I would bin. Build a new coaching set up and leave no stone unturned in attention to detail. Ralph is desperate for a strong number 2. We need football knowledge desperately in the board room, chairmanship, directors and managing staff. Then and only then can we plant the seeds and begin to cultivate success. We are currently operating on fallow fields.

Thought people would be more up for a relegation fight to be honest. It's not boring.

We have a fair few talented players. A better squad than last season when we stayed up, and a no Mark Hughes. Doesn't mean we don't still have runs of poor form.

We all know we need to clear out some players and invest funds next summer. That needs to be in the premier league. Keeping Djenepo/Ings/Redmond together and letting them gel seems exciting to me. Use funds to build the team behind them. LB, CB, CM all needed badly.

But regardless our away form is not awful. We've had tough fixtures and just need to grind out that first home win. I thought we'd go down if we kept Pellegrino. I thought we'd go down if we kept Hughes. I don't think we'll go down under Ralph.

It it wasn't the third consecutive year of it then we probably would. Speak for yourself, I'm sick of it.

I think we'll get out of it. Djenepo is fit, and he is a true RH kind of player.

With him, Redmond, and Ings, we'll have enough about us.

The Leicester result was shocking - and may actually do us some good perversely - but i think a lot of us looked our fixtures and thought we'd be in a relegation scrap by mid November.

But I think we'll get out of it and finish somewhere between 10th and 15th.

Thought people would be more up for a relegation fight to be honest. It's not boring.

We have a fair few talented players. A better squad than last season when we stayed up, and a no Mark Hughes. Doesn't mean we don't still have runs of poor form.

We all know we need to clear out some players and invest funds next summer. That needs to be in the premier league. Keeping Djenepo/Ings/Redmond together and letting them gel seems exciting to me. Use funds to build the team behind them. LB, CB, CM all needed badly.

But regardless our away form is not awful. We've had tough fixtures and just need to grind out that first home win. I thought we'd go down if we kept Pellegrino. I thought we'd go down if we kept Hughes. I don't think we'll go down under Ralph.

What funds? We need to sell to buy, yet again the only club that has too, but we can’t sell any of them. They only way to get any decent funds in it to see Redmond or potentially Djenpo if he has a good season.

Anyway what happened to your mantra of coach, coach, coach? We should buy players because that is spoilt and unnesssary and we aren’t happy with them anyway so coach the ones we’ve got and the kids.

For the first time in 60 odd years I'm expecting relegation.

I think its either us or Newcastle for third relegation place

I think we are inferior to most of the other teams

Those with similar talents are either better organised/motivated/ or coached.

I have never seen a Saints team that is so vulnerable to a quick counter-attack and where the management seems incapable of organising the team to avoid disister

Apart from the top teams possession usually slow and ponderous doesn't seem to be a problem, making a quick attack seems aproblem

I know that due to age and health I'm dependent on Sky replay but that helps a rational analysis.

Im not sure the manager can adapt to the Premiership in time.

I hope I'm wrong and we avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth again, but I doubt it

As a final depressing thought who of genuine premiership class is likely to join us.