Players and staff donate ONE DAYS Wages to Saints Foundation

Noodles34

For some macabre reason - fascination and disbelief, I guess - I have watched the highlights a few times. The defending from the whole team is unreal.. you can see players making pretty basic runs and overlaps and our flat lines in midfield and defence just stand there.. not even watching the runners jus eyes on the ball. It's madness, Watch Valery for the first and third. Yoshida for the second and... i dunno, sixth or seventh. JWP running around like a headless chicken chasing the ball like a ****ing dog. Romeu getting skipped over like he's not there. The amount of times these mugs spend on Instagram, posing in tracksuits (#sqaudGoals) and all that ****. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Yep. Certainly better than doing nothing.

correct, can't say they earned their wages that day, it could be argued they haven't earned their wages since day one of the season as they have been well below the standard required and were churning out gutless performances in every game, even the ones we won except djenepo who won us both those games.

they should've been docked a months worth of wages i say owing to that utter lack of professionalism. they made this respected club the butt end of jokes for the forseeable future. that should be a criminal offence. im now avoiding my best mate who's an everton fan who i was sh@tting on about silva being clueless and his club being a sh@t show.

And I guess the donation is tax deductible.

Problem is, the £200k may be a nice gesture, but not sure that's going to entice me to renew. It seems a very easy way to absolve themselves of THE worst ever performance in the league. TBH they could have done a day's pay for Bournemouth and Chelsea too!

And why the staff? It was the players who did it, and the players who get paid the big bucks.

200k to the foundation is an awful lot of money excellent donation not pathetic at all

I think that highlights the issue extremely well. For most of us £200k is a big deal, the players will not miss it from earning £50k a week. If they had donated a weeks worth I’d have been impressed.

Also, I’m sure there are plenty of us that donate time and money to good causes, probably on a par to our own day’s wage in a year/season.

I wonder if they are worried about more results like this happening? [emoji3064]

Average salary in UK is apparently 36,611. So basically equivalent to a 100 pound donation, effing peanuts really.

Would you and all your colleagues all donate £100 if you had a bad day at work?

In my opinion, it's a nice gesture, which they didn't have to do. I didn't go to the game (thankfully!), but think it would be nice if they at least gave some kind of refund to fans too (out of the playing staffs pockets). Don't think it should be a full refund though.

No it doesn't. It's a lot of money.

Not to them it isn't. As I pointed out before they can be fined a weeks wages for being late. Amateurs playing for Saints 100+ years ago, knee deep in mud, with a ball that could crack your head open had more backbone than to ever lose by that margin.

For some macabre reason - fascination and disbelief, I guess - I have watched the highlights a few times. The defending from the whole team is unreal.. you can see players making pretty basic runs and overlaps and our flat lines in midfield and defence just stand there.. not even watching the runners jus eyes on the ball. It's madness, Watch Valery for the first and third. Yoshida for the second and... i dunno, sixth or seventh. JWP running around like a headless chicken chasing the ball like a ****ing dog. Romeu getting skipped over like he's not there. The amount of times these mugs spend on Instagram, posing in tracksuits (#sqaudGoals) and all that ****. It's ****ing embarrassing.

Agree I'm the same, mates who follow other clubs text me saying they've never seen anything like it, one of them asked why our players were on strike , one said surely they've all been drugged in their pre match meal, for neutrals to make such an observation I'm still trying to get my head round it, there must be more to it than just a "poor performance ". Apologies and donations like this are not enough to brush over it and move on.

Why did they have to publicly state this...looking for sympathy, applause, a pat on the back ? Fock em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. We expect a reaction after what happened and this is part of that reaction. Why wouldn’t they publicise it?

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. We expect a reaction after what happened and this is part of that reaction. Why wouldn’t they publicise it?

You are right.

I read though, on the OS, that they are donating the money they earned on Friday (ie the day of the match) to charity. And that's a problem, as that **** show was not just of Friday's doing. I know PEH has come out and given an interview. I know Ralph has, taking 100% of the blame (at least he didn't throw the players under the bus when they absolutely deserved it). But those seem mere, and somewhat hollow, platitudes. A bit of honesty about the **** going on would I'm sure be appreciated by the supporters. And where is the club's hierarchy? Do they have anything to say? Or is just up to the manager and the captain to face the music, while an announcement is trotted out on the OS?

If I owned a football club and saw that pile of dog crap on Friday, I can tell you one thing, I would be out there making noises.

One day's salary is a bit of a joke, seeing that most of these jokers earn more in a week than most in the stadium would in a year.

It's depressing that even limited footballers like this can donate 5-10k away and it is probably like having a loose fiver or tenner in their wallet to them. They didnt have to do it no, but seems a bit hollow.

Answer the question you didn’t have to sit and watch that in the stadium like I did.

What will donating 1 days wages do to correct Friday absolutely fck all. Charity will get some great I like that but on their money shouldn’t that be the norm?

There is only one way to correct Friday on the pitch not any publicity stunt or Instagram of Boufal beating a dummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Answer the question you didn’t have to sit and watch that in the stadium like I did.

What will donating 1 days wages do to correct Friday absolutely fck all. Charity will get some great I like that but on their money shouldn’t that be the norm?

There is only one way to correct Friday on the pitch not any publicity stunt or Instagram of Boufal beating a dummy

It's not like they've chosen to give the money instead of working on the football. This is a nice gesture but nobody's pretending that's problem solved.

It's also worth saying that a week's wages will be more significant to most members of the coaching staff than to a player. I don't know how much they earn but it won't be ludicrous amounts.

Give the other 6 days wages from last week to the poor bastards that turned up to watch it.

I agree - much more sense to do something for those that did turn up - especially those that were still there after 90 minutes.

I guess winning the next three home games would help!

Loved the Leic corner in the second half that went over/through everybody and their player, completely unmarked on the far corner of the 6 yd yard box, received it to feet with time to take it down and take a couple of touches before any of our defenders even realised what was happening. I actually LOL'ed at that one in real time.

Don't have a problem with the donation, people need to move on a bit, it wouldn't matter if they gave a day, a week, or a month's pay, it's still infinitely more than most of us earn and some people would still moan.

It's clearly a lot of money that will be well received by beneficiaries of the Saints Foundation, so I have no problem with that.

As for the gesture itself, we have to be honest and say the senior first team players will barely notice the difference in their pay packet. I don't personally see it as any huge effort on their part. But I can respect the decision to donate the money.

LOL, the players are probably worried about how much they will have to cough up next Monday after they lose 26-0 to Man City at the weekend - think City will go easy on us in the cup and only get 6.

My Coventry City supporting mate who knows what it's like to support a team having a tough time and who kindly pointed out that Leicester scored more than New Zealand was asking how much a score goes up to on Super 6. He keyed in 30-0 and it did work! I know it isn't funny really but as Saints fans, I think the only thing we can really do is laugh about it and take the p*** out of ourselves. I also think it helps with opposition fans trying to wind us up too as if we see the funny side, they are less inclined to goad us as they can see we are taking it the right way.

I think we all realise we are not a great side (understatement of the year) but the reality is we still have 28 games to get ourselves out of this mess. The Saints players need to get that game and the two this week out of their system immediately - all I want them to do is be braver on the ball and go forwards. Is that too much to ask? Stop all these misplaced passes backwards and sideways that cause all sorts of problems and be positive!!!

The November fixtures are the ones we need to focus on and there are some more than winnable games in there if the players and fans go into the games with the right attitude. If we go all out attack and get picked off on the break, I can handle that as I'd much sooner see us lose games trying to win them than see what happened last Friday which was just a meek surrender.

Give one day's wages to their own charity, **** me they are a generous bunch.

A token gesture, just like their 'efforts' on Friday.

exactly. Should have been a weeks wages, they wouldnt miss it and they could have split it between four or five charitites inc the Foundation.