Man City vs. Saints (LC) - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Ralph deserves huge criticism for this line up, formation and approach. He seems intent on ****inng everybody off with his stubbornness of playing five at the back. I appreciate it's City away, but the only chance we had tonight was to try and stop them playing in midfield. Our current formation of 1-8-2 is an absolute joke and Hojbjerg at left back is a mickey take. We will be lucky if we come away with 10% of possession. Enough is enough now!

We don't seem to have any midfield. JWP is just a passenger, jogging round in circles, chasing shadows.

Thats all he's done in his whole career, only looked good in the early days as he had better players around him. I'm afraid that if Ralph keeps picking him and Romeu we are doomed, both are to slow, lack any creativity and cant bond any type of partnership in the midfield. Ralph also needs to stop playing so negative, we only have 2 fwd thinking guys on the pitch.

Ralph deserves huge criticism for this line up, formation and approach. He seems intent on ****inng everybody off with his stubbornness of playing five at the back. I appreciate it's City away, but the only chance we had tonight was to try and stop them playing in midfield. Our current formation of 1-8-2 is an absolute joke and Hojbjerg at left back is a mickey take. We will be lucky if we come away with 10% of possession. Enough is enough now!

if we can't stop them in midfield with a 1-8-2 formation, what chance will we have with a 433/4222/4231 :(

this has been more of the same dogsh*te, half expected I suppose with that line up, but would it really have killed to play Redmond/Adams or Ings.

2-0 ffs

We just lost 9-0 anyone who thought we going to come to City and play open attacking football was, dare I say it, expecting to much. Teams who get stuffed inevitably try to become hard to beat first not become more open.

It's even hard when you have four Central midfielders in the squad three of who are crap and one who is average. And squad with 5 CBs none of who are actually any good. I mean if we had quaility attack players we could go all out attack but errr well we don't have any good attacking players either.

And there's 2...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3 centre backs and Aguero is unmarked in the 6 yard box. I'm starting to detest everyone of these ****ing players.
Doesn't matter how many we have at the back. Game after game none of them have the awareness to look around and track the man. They obviously don't practise it either. Noone takes responsibility and takes charge.

We have such shockingly bad players that it doesn’t matter how much you try to organise them, they are so bad they just don’t get it.

And then in front of an inept defence is worst midfield partnership of all time. The most flakey, false double act we’ve ever had. Zero protection, zero spine.

Disgraceful set of bottlers that market themselves as all action, Premier league footballers

if we can't stop them in midfield with a 1-8-2 formation, what chance will we have with a 433/4222/4231 :(

this has been more of the same dogsh*te, half expected I suppose with that line up, but would it really have killed to play Redmond/Adams or Ings.

2-0 ffs

Sorry that should have read 1(GK) 8 (DEF) 0 (MID) 2 (FOR). Killed us? At least we would have had a 1% chance. This approach gave us no chance whatsoever. We've been camped in and around our own box all half. It's 2-0 but it could easily been 5 or 6.

Warming to the notion of sacking Ralph. Setting out a team with the objective of losing really is pathetic.
If he can't raise their spirits even a little and come up with any sort of answers after a 9-0 defeat then he has to go. We can't just walk around with our tails between our legs until January....

If he can't raise their spirits even a little and come up with any sort of answers after a 9-0 defeat then he has to go. We can't just walk around with our tails between our legs until January....

I wanted to see a reaction. There is no reaction. None what so ever.

Looks like they will be donating their wages again at this rate........