Man City vs. Saints (LC) - Match Thread

Lighthouse

I don’t are how good the opposition are if you show no intention of putting them under pressure then you will lose.

I think we passed the ball twice in their half which is utterly pathetic. Just content to sit deep and hope to keep the score down. I don’t want Ralph sacked but show a willingness to try and win the game and I can accept being beaten by city.

As forward prowess just get him off

HT thoughts:

What's the point of Armstrong?

Despite how our academy players being able to do no wrong in the eyes of our fans (and the media to a point), Valery is not very good.

Danso looks okay in his actual position.

I think PEH has done okay as a makeshift LB despite the commentator slating him at every turn.

The most one sided half of football I’ve ever watched. We have no outlet, can’t keep hold of the ball, can’t pass to each other, it’s all desperate. Long and Boufal might as well not be on the pitch...

HT Stats:

Possession: 80% - 20%

Goals 2-0

Corners 5-0

Shots 11-0

The commentator concluded: "Southampton are playing with 11 men but 4 or 5 of them have hardly touched the ball"

Those 4 or 5 players are not good enough to play at this level. Armstrong is Championship level while Ward-Prowse would be Championship level if he had a bit more pace. Long''s top flight days are long gone. Even Ireland have dropped him. Let's hope Ralph's half-time talk gets them playing above their level in the 2nd half. But, in the first half they looked like they didn't even want to be there.

I'd love to see che adams given a chance here.

I think he's a strong player. was so unlucky not to score in the matches he started. A goal here cd really kickstart his confidence. And he honestly can't be worse than Shane, much as I love him...

How’s he supposed to score(other than in his own net) when Ralph only wants man city to have the ball.

Is anyone surprised? One of the best ever PL teams Vs Luton/Barnsley/Stoke/Rotherham/Wycombe. That’s where most of the Saints players tonight will end up if they out a bit of work in and improve themselves. Right now, they will be lucky to join that ex Saints academic player in the Icelandic League.

It's a shame but it's just not going to work with Ralph in charge.

This is all about damage limitation but really it's getting to the stage where it would be better for Ralph and the cub if they paid him off and we move on. If Ralph brings players in the next transfer window and it doesn't work then the next manager will have the same problem as Hughes and Ralph.

Our team is just too soft. Need someone willing to put a few tackles in on them. Nobody wants to do so.

I know Jimmy Case is in his sixties now but **** me he would still **** all over our current midfield.

JWP is a fraud of a footballer living off of this fabled dead ball delivery skill that every pundit in the world seems quite happy to perpetuate.

He trots around like a bloody ponce.

I know they don't want to get thrashed, but there's nothing to be gained from just hiding everyone inside our own penalty area and waiting for our medicine.

Rather lose 6-2 having a go than timidly accepting 4-0 having not laid a glove on the opposition.

God know what the league game is going to be like, when it actually matters.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If he can't raise their spirits even a little and come up with any sort of answers after a 9-0 defeat then he has to go. We can't just walk around with our tails between our legs until January....
Maybe he wants to go if I was the manager of this bunch of players I'd want out.

Ralph came to us with his stock rising as an upcoming manager less than year with this basket case of club looks like completely destroying his stock bet his wishes he'd never come here.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

HT thoughts:

What's the point of Armstrong?

Despite how our academy players being able to do no wrong in the eyes of our fans (and the media to a point), Valery is not very good.

Danso looks okay in his actual position.

I think PEH has done okay as a makeshift LB despite the commentator slating him at every turn.

Thought Valery has been okish.

He’s not helped by jwp refusing to ever get close to his man let alone mark him.

Has JWP touched the ball ?

Yes, once. He miskicked the ball out of play in his own half.

He does that JWP thing of jogging round in circles while the game just passes him by. It keeps up his stats for km covered. He might just as well be jogging round the streets outside the stadium.

Our midfield is too slow to get close enough to the ball to put in a tackle.

Ive been pointing out JWP inability to get close to an opponent since he got in the first team. Our entire midfield is full of mediocre athletes that don't put teams under pressure, give the ball away too often, get tired trying to get the ball back before leaving huge gaps to exploit. We badly need some legs in there with some quality too. Shame Lemina didn't work out. No idea why we did not look to replace him thus summer.

Sorry but these players whilst not that good have not become twice a bad this season for no reason....

Ralph is completely clueless [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I miss the days when the players where really good under Hughes, Pellegrino and Puel...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Yes, once. He miskicked the ball out of play in his own half.

He does that JWP thing of jogging round in circles while the game just passes him by. It keeps up his stats for km covered. He might just as well be jogging round the streets outside the stadium.

F ucking useless player

What is Ralph supposed to do? Who else can he play? We have no one.

Tonight is not so much about the players he has picked, but more about the formation and the total lack of giving it a go.

For me, it should have been 4-3-2-1:

McCarthy; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Vokins; Romeu, Højbjerg, Ward-Prowse; Boufal, Redmond; Adams.

At least that way, we would have had a little bit of a go and had some attacking intent in the side. As it is, we are simply laying down and hoping City miss their chances. We certainly aren't going to score!