Man City vs. Saints (LC) - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Tonight is not so much about the players he has picked, but more about the formation and the total lack of giving it a go.

For me, it should have been 4-3-2-1:

McCarthy; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Vokins; Romeu, Højbjerg, Ward-Prowse; Boufal, Redmond; Adams.

At least that way, we would have had a little bit of a go and had some attacking intent in the side. As it is, we are simply laying down and hoping City miss their chances. We certainly aren't going to score!

I doubt we'd score with that front three they have one league goal between them this season..

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Not even trying against man city reserves maybe not quite as embarrassing as 9-0 to Leicester but it is still pretty embarassing.

I'm struggling to think of 2 consecutive Saints games when we made so little effort to try to win. The concern is that this is going to be the game plan against top teams for the remainder of the season: just trying to keep the score down. But, when we play our relegation rivals will it be possible for the team to switch back to game winning mode again?

Any logical reason why Ralph hasn't changed anything yet? (Formation, subs, etc)
Because all our players are ****e it doesn't matter which 11 are on the pitch, in what formation they are in, they are always ****e if I was Ralph I'd be typing up my notice letter about now rather than wasting time on subs...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

.....................we look shot to fuc yep. It's not really about a lack of effort, it is a lack of confidence. We don't know what we are doing. Players don't trust each other or know where each other will be. The constant changing of formations and players cant be helping. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Reminds me of that Blackadder scene. "our battles are directed sir?"

"we have a game plan sir?"

"of course we have, what do you think the coaching staff are for?"

"oh so the plan is to just continue with a back 8 in the hopes of eeking out 28 0-0 draws?"

"OMG even you know it! Batten down the doors with pieces of wood!"

Tonight is not so much about the players he has picked, but more about the formation and the total lack of giving it a go.

For me, it should have been 4-3-2-1:

McCarthy; Valery, Bednarek, Vestergaard, Vokins; Romeu, Højbjerg, Ward-Prowse; Boufal, Redmond; Adams.

At least that way, we would have had a little bit of a go and had some attacking intent in the side. As it is, we are simply laying down and hoping City miss their chances. We certainly aren't going to score!

Again the same 3 poor midfielders that havent done anything all season, 2 or 3 of them need replacing, Jwp defiantly shouldn't be starting. I do agree that we should go back to that formation though.

yep. It's not really about a lack of effort, it is a lack of confidence. We don't know what we are doing. Players don't trust each other or know where each other will be. The constant changing of formations and players cant be helping. It's going to get worse before it gets better.
This is the crux of the matter. After Friday they're petrified that if they attempt anything, they'll lose the ball and concede again.

This same group of players is capable of far better than this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Again the same 3 poor midfielders that havent done anything all season, 2 or 3 of them need replacing, Jwp defiantly shouldn't be starting. I do agree that we should go back to that formation though.

You're totally right, but we have no other option what with Reed and Lemina out on loan. The squad we have is ****e!