1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Weakness? Corbyn has defeated the Tories in parliament more times than any other opposition leader in history!
Do you not think there's some unique political circumstances that has led to that? Almost anyone could have been leader of the opposition and "achieved" the same thing. Had precisely zero to do with corbyn.

If you’d offered remainers Theresa’s turd the day after the referendum, they’d have snapped your hand off. It was pretty much the close alignment labour claimed they wanted. My big fear was that this sort of deal would have been sold to the public as Brexit, with people opposing it portrayed as extremists & loons (as Bill Cash etc were during Maastricht). Once the Remain extremists wouldn’t accept any Brexit it came down to a straight choice. FTA or no Brexit. If you offered most Remainers FTA or Theresa’s turd, they’d be no contest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a wonderful rewrite of history, especially as the May deal got nowhere near Starmer's tests which is a decent yardstick of a leave that "remainers would have snapped someone's hand off" for. Its nowhere near the "close alignment Labour claimed they wanted". Kinda why they voted it down. Fairyland stuff, I'm afraid.

May's deal was always a pretty hard Brexit from the get go. But was blocked by the swivel eyed nutcases who then have gobbled up a carbon copy save for Boris adding in the very thing he resigned about after Chequers.

Anyway, that's his deal and he owns it from the morning after the election.

Edited by CB Fry

I have a cunning plan. The day before the election Corbyn stands down and Keir Starmer becomes leader of the Labour Party. The right wing press won’t have enough time to print slurs, slanders and blacken his name. He will revitalise the Labour vote overnight and blow the odious Johnson and his right wing chums out of power. Job done.

Sounds perfect.

The only thing missing from your crystal ball is remoaners regret. They’ll be plenty of them regretting not going for Theresa’s turd, and that close alignment to The EU. They had the chance of a remainers “Brexit”, and blew it.

Think that only exists in your little head.

I’m not fussed in how it has turned out, I don’t think Brexit will be good for the country but I also don’t think it will be anywhere close to what project fear predicted. Personally I will probably be better off as my company trade mainly between China and the US.

The best bit about the current situation is that The Tories now own Brexit, if it crashes the economy, splits up the UK or causes a return to the troubles in NI - it’s 100% a conservative decision. ‘Get Brexit Done’ might work as a slogan now but it will look ****ing stupid this time next year if we’re in a recession.

It's a wonderful rewrite of history, especially as the May deal got nowhere near Starmer's tests which is a decent yardstick of a leave that "remainers would have snapped someone's hand off" for. Its nowhere near the "close alignment Labour claimed they wanted". Kinda why they voted it down. Fairyland stuff, I'm afraid.

May's deal was always a pretty hard Brexit from the get go. But was blocked by the swivel eyed nutcases who then have gobbled up a carbon copy save for Boris adding in the very thing he resigned about after Chequers.

Anyway, that's his deal and he owns it from the morning after the election.

The deals are only the exit mechanism. May’s turd could have led to exactly what labour wanted, could have ticked every single one of Starmers “tests”. They voted it down over issues that would be decided during the future relationship negotiations.

The ERG vision is a different kettle of fish. They couldn’t get what they wanted from May’s WA as there was no way to a unilateral no deal in the event of trade negotiations going badly. There is now, hence their “support” (for the time being).

I’m sure Boris is looking forward to owning his deal. I know I am. He’ll be dancing to the tune of the ERG, rather than sopping wet pinkos. My wing of the party will keep him honest, otherwise he’ll be removed.

Just seen this

Corbyn has just called on the government to activate the Bellwin scheme to provide financial support to communities affected by flooding. The Bellwin formula makes funding available immediately to local authorities, such as those dealing with flooding in the Midlands and Yorkshire. An obviously good idea from Jeremy Corbyn. Which is probably why the Prime Minister activated it 3 days ago…

Genius.......

Just seen this

Corbyn has just called on the government to activate the Bellwin scheme to provide financial support to communities affected by flooding. The Bellwin formula makes funding available immediately to local authorities, such as those dealing with flooding in the Midlands and Yorkshire. An obviously good idea from Jeremy Corbyn. Which is probably why the Prime Minister activated it 3 days ago…

Genius.......

Hate to disappoint you, but he actually said it on Saturday, when he was in Yorkshire;

"He then went to Doncaster to speak to some of the firefighters who had helped in the rescue operation, and urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to declare the floods a national emergency so immediate financial help could be provided to families in need.

He said: “If an emergency is declared - and it obviously is an emergency - then the Bellwin formula funding kicks in straight away.

“That means there can be special help for people through the Department of Work and Pensions but also that local government gets the help its needs to deal with the consequences."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/jeremy-corbyn-calls-for-south-yorkshire-floods-to-be-declared-a-national-emergency-1-10095236

Edited by badgerx16

Just seen this

Genius.......

This would be the same Prime Mimister who said that this was not a national emergency at the weekend?

I have a cunning plan. The day before the election Corbyn stands down and Keir Starmer becomes leader of the Labour Party. The right wing press won’t have enough time to print slurs, slanders and blacken his name. He will revitalise the Labour vote overnight and blow the odious Johnson and his right wing chums out of power. Job done.

Marxists don’t normally cede power with quite that level of lubrication.

The deals are only the exit mechanism. May’s turd could have led to exactly what labour wanted, could have ticked every single one of Starmers “tests”. They voted it down over issues that would be decided during the future relationship negotiations.

The ERG vision is a different kettle of fish. They couldn’t get what they wanted from May’s WA as there was no way to a unilateral no deal in the event of trade negotiations going badly. There is now, hence their “support” (for the time being).

I’m sure Boris is looking forward to owning his deal. I know I am. He’ll be dancing to the tune of the ERG, rather than sopping wet pinkos. My wing of the party will keep him honest, otherwise he’ll be removed.

If everything could be changed anyway then the Labour party would have always thought they could get into power via an election and then change things themselves. (Regardless of how fanciful them winning is, they're allowed to believe it)

So there is still no scenario that involves any significant Labour or SNP "regret" that they didn't all vote through May's hard Brexit. Just not the case.

You can win the election without constructing these total fantasies so I don't know why you are bothering.

Why would the press need to print any slanders when they would have been gifted the most insane act by a political party since the formation of The Natural Law Party?

And the broadcast media can't broadcast a lot on election day, so this masterstroke can barely be reported to the nation in time anyway. In summary, no one would notice apart from those who do notice (Corbynettes) who would be furious.

Any more plans, Baldrick?

Why would the press need to print any slanders when they would have been gifted the most insane act by a political party since the formation of The Natural Law Party?

And the broadcast media can't broadcast a lot on election day, so this masterstroke can barely be reported to the nation in time anyway. In summary, no one would notice apart from those who do notice (Corbynettes) who would be furious.

Any more plans, Baldrick?

You really don’t think that, if Corbyn stood down the day before the election, we wouldn’t all hear about it? It would be all over social media, tv, radio in no time.

I'm sure Les, LD and other extreme Brexiters might be quite sympathetic to some of their views and policies.

Brexit has thrown up some strange bedfellows, Gavin. Some months ago I believe I posted that I read an article that I had almost completely agreed with about Brexit, only to find out that it was written by the Communist Party of GB. Throw in George Galloway and Corbyn into the eurosceptic mix and it is hard not to laugh at Soggy and his ridiculous accusations that it is only the far right that wants Brexit. It is right across party lines, left and right.

And if we agree with the Communist Party over Brexit, does that make us commies, or them tories? :lol: But then again, in the same vein, I laugh at your opinion that anybody who wants a clean break WTO Brexit is an extremist. The real extremists are some of your lot, who would totally ignore the referendum vote and revoke Article 50 and destroy democratic trust in this country.

17.4 million "right wing extremists" voted to leave the EU. I don't think it was all about a trade deal or economics. In the privacy of an election booth, many former Labour supporters had taken a look around their neighbourhoods and decided that they hadn't voted for multiculturalism or unfettered immigration. Whisper your feelings to a politician or answer a survey and you were immediately branded a racist. Posters on this site have been labelled Jihadists for voting leave. Well, freedom of movement and uncontrolled immigration has been on my mind, now that waiting times at A & E are over 5 hours, journey's are twice as long and there is an explosion in house building on green sites.

Today we have confirmation of uncontrolled immigration and how it has affected the UK and all this "right wing extremist" can say is, holy Mary, mother of God....

Britain has up to 1.2 million illegal immigrants, a quarter of all those that have unlawfully entered Europe, an authoritative study has revealed. The number of illegal immigrants in the UK has doubled in a decade with more than half having lived illegally in the UK for more than five years and a third more than ten years, according to the pan-European analysis by the respected Pew Research Centre.

Time to vote for Boris and get back control of our borders...

Do you not think there's some unique political circumstances that has led to that? Almost anyone could have been leader of the opposition and "achieved" the same thing. Had precisely zero to do with corbyn.

Tony Blair was praising him the other day. Of course he could've just rolled over and let May's deal go through that would've gone down well with Duckie and Co.

Tony Blair was praising him the other day. Of course he could've just rolled over and let May's deal go through that would've gone down well with Duckie and Co.
Name one leader of the opposition from the last 50 years that would have rolled over and let the opponents deal go through. There isn't one so all Corbyn did was what every single opposition leader would have done. Hardly worthy of excessive praise.

Who has been in control of immigration for the last decade John?

Not Boris....

According to the Government, it was the EU, Who else are we taking back control from?:

Taking back control of our borders

Free movement will end, with our own Parliament deciding our domestic immigration policy in the national interest. New controls will be put in place as part of a fairer immigration system, which focuses on a person's skills, not where they come from. The brightest and best will continue to be welcomed, serving the interests of the whole of the UK and reflecting the needs of businesses and communities. In line with that new immigration system and similar to arrangements the UK might offer other close trading partners in the future, the deal provides the basis for arrangements with the EU on specific mobility provisions, including visa-free travel for short-term visits: entry and stay conditions for research, study, training and youth exchanges; effective procedures at the border; and the possibility for agreement on areas of social security consistent with the arrangements on mobility. We have also protected the rights of UK nationals living in the EU and EU citizens living in the UK. The Withdrawal Agreement safeguards the rights of those citizens lawfully resident in the UK or the EU before the end of the implementation period, ensuring they can live their lives broadly as now. Non-EU family members living lawfully in the UK with their EU citizen relative are also protected. A new settled status scheme has been established in the UK for the 3 million EU citizens living here, providing a streamlined system for people to obtain their new UK immigration status. EU countries are putting in place arrangements for the 1 million UK nationals living in their own countries.

I notice that old communist David Gauke is recommending people not vote for the Tories now. By default he is recommending Corbyn.

He suggests that they vote Lib Dumb. The Marxist Corbyn might benefit if Tory remoaners followed his advice, but he doesn't recommend that they vote for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/13/vote-lib-dem-urges-former-conservative-minister-david-gauke

The Conservative Party is well rid of idiots like him. The fool thinks that the Lib Dumbs are the centre ground of politics and that traditional Conservative voters "like him" should vote for them. He is deluded. It will be interesting in his seat where he will face a real Conservative candidate, Labour in second place and the Lib Dumbs trailing in third some distance behind. Many remoaners can vote Lib Dumb, unsure what Labour's position on Brexit is. Brexit will split the vote in all directions, but I doubt whether Gauke will be elected again.

He suggests that they vote Lib Dumb. The Marxist Corbyn might benefit if Tory remoaners followed his advice, but he doesn't recommend that they vote for him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/13/vote-lib-dem-urges-former-conservative-minister-david-gauke

The Conservative Party is well rid of idiots like him. The fool thinks that the Lib Dumbs are the centre ground of politics and that traditional Conservative voters "like him" should vote for them. He is deluded. It will be interesting in his seat where he will face a real Conservative candidate, Labour in second place and the Lib Dumbs trailing in third some distance behind. Many remoaners can vote Lib Dumb, unsure what Labour's position on Brexit is. Brexit will split the vote in all directions, but I doubt whether Gauke will be elected again.

Only true believers wanted in the cult.

That's nothing to do with illegal immigration though, is it.

You are talking about illegal immigrants. What have the (Tory) Home Office been doing about it?

You surely don't expect GM to read and understand the snippets he copies and pastes from the Torygraph ?

You really don’t think that, if Corbyn stood down the day before the election, we wouldn’t all hear about it? It would be all over social media, tv, radio in no time.
How old are you, how many general elections have you lived through? Have you never switched on the television before 10pm on any one of those election days?

Name one leader of the opposition from the last 50 years that would have rolled over and let the opponents deal go through. There isn't one so all Corbyn did was what every single opposition leader would have done. Hardly worthy of excessive praise.

Easy money this politics lark innit.

Lol, a vote for Lib Dems is a vote for Brexit. Silly man.

How old are you, how many general elections have you lived through? Have you never switched on the television before 10pm on any one of those election days?

Quite old and quite a few. I am not sure what your point is? I was talking about the switch taking place the day before the election. I also wasn’t being entirely serious because it clearly would not happen would it? I think you are just looking for a row as usual. Just to recap, the whole point of my original post was the pretty much every potential Labour PM gets slaughtered in the press here. So jokingly I posited this cunning plan to thwart the Murdochs of this world. It was just a bit of fun. Do you remember fun? Why are we even having this exchange?

Brexit has thrown up some strange bedfellows, Gavin. Some months ago I believe I posted that I read an article that I had almost completely agreed with about Brexit, only to find out that it was written by the Communist Party of GB. Throw in George Galloway and Corbyn into the eurosceptic mix and it is hard not to laugh at Soggy and his ridiculous accusations that it is only the far right that wants Brexit. It is right across party lines, left and right.

And if we agree with the Communist Party over Brexit, does that make us commies, or them tories? :lol: But then again, in the same vein, I laugh at your opinion that anybody who wants a clean break WTO Brexit is an extremist. The real extremists are some of your lot, who would totally ignore the referendum vote and revoke Article 50 and destroy democratic trust in this country.

You also share the honour of being Putin’s little playthings. Cute eh?

Gauke has thrown his toys out of the prom because he wasn’t reinstated despite voting for Boris’ deal.

Still, one good thing about this. Proves that Boris was right to pull his deal despite it passing its first stage. Clearly there were people who had no intention of seeing it through and were just playing games when voting for it.

With every passing day, Boris’ judgement of people is proving to be right time and time again. In my opinion this is the best shape the party has been in since the great lady departed. Let’s see if the voters agree with me, or the lefties on here.

Gauke has thrown his toys out of the prom

Not so sure. Think he's been made an escape goat, and is now like a bowl in a China shop trying to get votes. Right from the gecko it was obvious this election was going to be doggy dog. Think it will all end up a damp squid.

*pram

Not so sure. Think he's been made an escape goat, and is now like a bowl in a China shop trying to get votes. Right from the gecko it was obvious this election was going to be doggy dog. Think it will all end up a damp squid.

*pram

I’ve just about had enough of you and your elk.

Gauke has thrown his toys out of the prom because he wasn’t reinstated despite voting for Boris’ deal.

Still, one good thing about this. Proves that Boris was right to pull his deal despite it passing its first stage. Clearly there were people who had no intention of seeing it through and were just playing games when voting for it.

With every passing day, Boris’ judgement of people is proving to be right time and time again. In my opinion this is the best shape the party has been in since the great lady departed. Let’s see if the voters agree with me, or the lefties on here.

No evidence whatsoever that it wouldn’t have passed or that all those who voted at the second reading would have bailed at a later stage. Johnson and Cummings do have thing one right mind: voters like you are credulous fools, easy touches who will just about buy anything. See GM who still doesn’t understand the difference between illegal immigration and freedom of movement, except that it gets him very angry as further evidence.

You’ve never quite recovered from your car crash on here, trying to defend David Davis whopper that “within two years (i.e. 2018 ), before the negotiation with the EU was complete, the UK would have negotiated a free trade area massively larger than the EU”. It was after that you put me on ignore, wasn’t it my little snowflake? :lol:

Edited by shurlock