1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Ian Austin was a recent Labour MP, Parris has always been a Liberal, masquerading as a Tory until he recently came out, not for the first time. The wettest of wet and outside Bohemia, who reads him and even more to the point, who does he possibly influence?

Drain the swamp...

Both were recent MPs and I'm sure some Labour supporters would have a similar view of Austin as your's of Parris. Still not sure why only one of these people's opinions are headline news though.

A few years ago the main parties were all fighting for the middle ground leaving those with harder views bitter and disaffected. Now Labour and the Tories are shifting left and right respectively leaving the moderates bitter and disaffected. The only constant is that the LibDems, who should have been hoovering up votes throughout have managed to become marginalised in both periods. Even with a strong USP in that they have firmly nailed their colours to the Remain mast, they seem to have become marginalised by the noise surrounding the two main parties. For those turned off by Johnson and Corbyn the alternatives are not overly attractive. It will be interesting to see how the Brexit issue shapes Parliament for the next five years although, if we do end up with a hung Parliament, we could be going through this yet again in the next year or two. What ever your allegiance, politics in this country is in a mess and looks like it will be for some time.

Meanwhile, Ian Austin, who left the Labour Party in February, has now become a Godsend to the Tories. The story now isn’t about Rees-Mogg’s appalling insensitivity or Johnson not understanding the details of his own Brexit deal, it is all about a rehash of a disaffected politician (and you have to wonder how much of a Labour man he ever was if he is now saying vote Tory).

I read a magazine article yesterday featuring an interview with John Bercow. The Tory MP and former Speaker of the House says that he doesn’t believe that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-Semitic. Not that you will see that printed in any of the right wing press.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/11/diane-abbotts-fake-news/

Diane Abbott getting it all wrong as usual. This time probably deliberately rather than through incompetence. But Soggy would be happy with her as Home Secretary, a Marxist PM and Chancellor, both terrorist apologists, and the Duchess Thornberry as Foreign Secretary.

There is a video post doing the rounds with Abbot championing 16 year old's having the vote because they can fight for our country.

just another blatant lie.

There is a video post doing the rounds with Abbot championing 16 year old's having the vote because they can fight for our country.

It's only a lie if the speaker knows it is untrue, otherwise it is either ignorance or stupidity.

The Tory MP and former Speaker of the House says that he doesn’t believe that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-Semitic. Not that you will see that printed in any of the right wing press.

Yeah, right. Not anti-semitic, but honours the terrorists behind the cold-blooded murder of Jewish athletes at the Munich Olympics.

The Labour leader had been asked if Palestinian leaders linked to the Black September terror group were also honoured at a memorial event he attended in Tunisia in 2014, at which victims of the 1985 Israeli airstrike in Tunis were remembered.

Corbyn said “a wreath was indeed laid” for “some of those who were killed in Paris in 1992” and added in response to a question: “I was present at that wreath-laying, I don’t think I was actually involved in it.”

873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&873.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&sei_25216093-4283.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C403&ssl=1

I read a magazine article yesterday featuring an interview with John Bercow. The Tory MP and former Speaker of the House says that he doesn’t believe that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-Semitic. Not that you will see that printed in any of the right wing press.

Who can believe anything Bercow says? He is a liar himself. When accused of partiality towards the remoaners because there was a sticker on his car saying "B0llocks to Brexit", he implied that as it was his wife's car, the accusation couldn't be levelled at him. Now five minutes after his role as Speaker was terminated, he comes clean and reveals himself as a passionate remoaner. I do hope sincerely that the egotistical midget doesn't get a peerage. It might be a tradition that retiring Speakers are enobled, but Bercow doesn't respect precedent, does he, only when it suits him to bend some rule to thwart Brexit.

Perhaps she should champion them having the vote because they are the future of our country, not because they could die for their country.

But they can join the army at 16. They may not get posted to the front line but there is some truth in her assertion.

they may not? you mean, they do not

U18s in the forces have to be checked that they are in bed by midnight when on camp.

so, 'fighting for our country' is a blatant lie

But they can join the army at 16. They may not get posted to the front line but there is some truth in her assertion.

So they can't fight for the country if they're not on the front line then? Unless of course with modern electronic warfare they are in their bedrooms using their X Box controller skills to guide bomb laden drones onto enemy military targets :lol:

Who can believe anything Bercow says? He is a liar himself. When accused of partiality towards the remoaners because there was a sticker on his car saying "B0llocks to Brexit", he implied that as it was his wife's car, the accusation couldn't be levelled at him. Now five minutes after his role as Speaker was terminated, he comes clean and reveals himself as a passionate remoaner. I do hope sincerely that the egotistical midget doesn't get a peerage. It might be a tradition that retiring Speakers are enobled, but Bercow doesn't respect precedent, does he, only when it suits him to bend some rule to thwart Brexit.

He is entitled to an opinion and even if he is in favour of remaining, it doesn’t mean that the sticker wasn’t on his wife’s car. Why lie about Corbyn? The trouble is Wes, you have supported the biggest serial liar in Parliament so feel the need to tar everyone else with the same brush. As for Bercow, a lot of people without agendas say he did a lot of good for the backbenchers on both sides of the House. Of course he is never going to be a favourite of the rabid Brexiteers, but good for him that he hasn’t allowed Johnson to bully his way through Brexit by ignoring Parliament.

He is entitled to an opinion and even if he is in favour of remaining, it doesn’t mean that the sticker wasn’t on his wife’s car. Why lie about Corbyn? The trouble is Wes, you have supported the biggest serial liar in Parliament so feel the need to tar everyone else with the same brush. As for Bercow, a lot of people without agendas say he did a lot of good for the backbenchers on both sides of the House. Of course he is never going to be a favourite of the rabid Brexiteers, but good for him that he hasn’t allowed Johnson to bully his way through Brexit by ignoring Parliament.

You seem to be either very ill-informed or just ignorant when it comes to what constitutes Parliamentary procedure. Boris tried to exercise powers that were available historically to the executive, i.e. the government, to get Brexit over the line, and Bercow pulled all sorts of strokes to deny him that opportunity. It is a reasonable assertion to make that had Bercow not intervened in such an underhand way, we might already have left the EU on 31st October. Thank God his successor Sir Lindsey Hoyle has promised not to indulge in that sort of chicanery.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50336267

You seem to be either very ill-informed or just ignorant when it comes to what constitutes Parliamentary procedure. Boris tried to exercise powers that were available historically to the executive, i.e. the government, to get Brexit over the line, and Bercow pulled all sorts of strokes to deny him that opportunity. It is a reasonable assertion to make that had Bercow not intervened in such an underhand way, we might already have left the EU on 31st October. Thank God his successor Sir Lindsey Hoyle has promised not to indulge in that sort of chicanery.

So, did Speaker Bercow actually break Parliamentary rules, or did he test them to the limit, in the same way that BoJo and Cummings were doing?

Yeah, right. Not anti-semitic, but honours the terrorists behind the cold-blooded murder of Jewish athletes at the Munich Olympics.

873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

873.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&873.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&sei_25216093-4283.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C403&ssl=1

However misguided Corbyn was for attending that wreath laying, supporting the Palestinian cause doesn’t mean one hates all Jews. However, Israel try to twist it to mean that.

Boris Johnson broke the law Les. FACT.

Wes, we both know that the whole proroguing thing was a total scam and as for Boris lying to the Queen, a few hundred years ago his head would be on a spike on London Bridge. Bercow was not the problem. Johnson was/is.

https://order-order.com/2019/11/08/labour-candidate-poor-less-educated-easier-control/

This is what Labour think about people like you, soggy

they may not? you mean, they do not

U18s in the forces have to be checked that they are in bed by midnight when on camp.

so, 'fighting for our country' is a blatant lie

Yes, for someone of my age 'may not' means that they are not allowed to. If there was a possibility that they might I would have written 'might not'.

That's what I meant, anyway.

Ah, you're back Gavin. I'm afraid that I'm not particularly bothered that the remoaner laden Supreme Court intervened in political matters where they should not have.

Now you are showing your true colours. The Supreme Court is there to define The Law, not to act as a political tool, thank goodness.

However misguided Corbyn was for attending that wreath laying, supporting the Palestinian cause doesn’t mean one hates all Jews. However, Israel try to twist it to mean that.

So if Trump attended a wreath laying ceremony for David Duke, it wouldn’t mean he was racist or hated blacks. He’d merely be misguided.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's disgraceful when (opponent official's name here) bent/broke the rules/law or lied to further their agenda. However, I am absolutley fine with (official I agree with) bending/ breaking the law or being dishonest. I also utterly believe this gives my side has the moral high ground.

I think it's disgraceful when (opponent official's name here) bent/broke the rules/law or lied to further their agenda. However, I am absolutley fine with (official I agree with) bending/ breaking the law or being dishonest. I also utterly believe this gives my side has the moral high ground.

I think it's disgraceful when (insert oponent's team here) player dived / bought a foul / got away with a handball / avoided a red card. However, I am absolutely fine with Southampton players diving / buying a foul / getting away with a handball / avoiding a red card.

I guess it's not just politics where tribal loyalties exist ;)

I think it's disgraceful when (insert oponent's team here) player dived / bought a foul / got away with a handball / avoided a red card. However, I am absolutely fine with Southampton players diving / buying a foul / getting away with a handball / avoiding a red card.

I guess it's not just politics where tribal loyalties exist ;)

Absolutely right. I do believe that many here actually swallow the **** they serve up though. "Leave" used every dirty trick in the book to get their result, "Remain" will use every dirty trick in the book to stop it going through.There's no good guys or bad guys here. Boris tried to use sneaky methods to get brexit through, Bercow used sneaky methods to stop him getting away with it. Both sides cry foul, neither side saw the foul by their own player and it goes on.

Corbyn is a divisive liability and a charisma vacuum.

Johnson is a scumbag only interested in his own legacy.

The libdems only have themselves to blame for not being taken seriously as challengers.

Leave is blatantly a bad decision.

Remain lost the referendum and need to back a deal.

It's enough to make you wish you emigrated years ago ;)

Absolutely right. I do believe that many here actually swallow the **** they serve up though. "Leave" used every dirty trick in the book to get their result, "Remain" will use every dirty trick in the book to stop it going through.There's no good guys or bad guys here. Boris tried to use sneaky methods to get brexit through, Bercow used sneaky methods to stop him getting away with it. Both sides cry foul, neither side saw the foul by their own player and it goes on.

Corbyn is a divisive liability and a charisma vacuum.

Johnson is a scumbag only interested in his own legacy.

The libdems only have themselves to blame for not being taken seriously as challengers.

Leave is blatantly a bad decision.

Remain lost the referendum and need to back a deal.

It's enough to make you wish you emigrated years ago ;)

What a load of pony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch out, don't have a Remain sticker in your car! The Brexit Gestapo will get you.

Apparently Katie Hopkins has said that if Labour win she will leave Britain. That has to be worth voting for Labour alone.

You seem to be quite keen on this Katie Hopkins fella?

I literally have no idea what she says nor would I care. Where are you getting your information from?

Apparently Katie Hopkins has said that if Labour win she will leave Britain. That has to be worth voting for Labour alone.
Is it mandated that you have to mention katie Hopkins every month? Good to see you're staying abreast of everything she says though. Edited by hypochondriac

Quite. So they acted as a political tool when they shouldn't have. It's what I said.

You harp on about DEMOCRACY with Brexit, yet act like we live in a dictatorship in which the Government are not allowed to be held to account when they break the law.