1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Awful format. What is the obsession with audience participation and the host butting in every few minutes , it’s made QT unwatchable and these debates are a joke. The stupid Xmas question just about summed it up.

Suspect this won’t change the polls, which is ultimately good news for the Tories. But the sooner these debates are binned the better all round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same structural reason that populist politicians like Farage and Johnson -your boys- are riding high pal. Listening to experts is elitist and can’t be trusted - instead every chump is led to believe that they know best, they’re entitled to their own facts and they’re special. Frankly you’d be right at home in one of those audiences.

Edited by shurlock

Agreed, the audience should be banned.

As for performance I can’t imagine anyone will be changing their vote from one to the other after that. Two very weak attempts at canvassing. At best just entrenching views. Overall Corbyn was slightly better but massively let down by his refusal to answer the Brexit polling question.

very weak format and the moderator was truly terrible.

He did answer the question. He is leaving it to the public to decide between a new deal and remaining. Why would he campaign for one or the other if he is going with what the public want?

Boris plays a blinder. Mind you, a traffic cone would have beaten Grandpa.

I wonder if he'll even last until the GE, though. He looked on his last legs.

Did he really John? Apart from shoe horning in the usual “Get Brexit Done” and “Dither and delay” he said absolutely nothing of substance and we all know when he says the NHS is not for sale is another of a long line of lies. He really is an appalling PM. Worse even than Theresa May.

Did he really John? Apart from shoe horning in the usual “Get Brexit Done” and “Dither and delay” he said absolutely nothing of substance and we all know when he says the NHS is not for sale is another of a long line of lies. He really is an appalling PM. Worse even than Theresa May.

John would vote for a turd with a rosette on it if it could parrot the lines “get Brexit done”, “Venezuela” and “Article XXIV”.

The truth is that was a deadly dull debate with neither winning or losing. Anyone saying something else is just biased towards their "side".

I agree it was very dull and predictable (did BoJo have a bet on with someone about the amount of times he could squeeze "get Brexit done" into his answers FFS?), and it didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know.

But... When you have to get your party's press office to change its Twitter handle and logo to impersonate an independent fact checking site in order to support your lies, I think that's a pretty clear sign you've lost. ;)

I agree it was very dull and predictable (did BoJo have a bet on with someone about the amount of times he could squeeze "get Brexit done" into his answers FFS?), and it didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know.

But... When you have to get your party's press office to change its Twitter handle and logo to impersonate an independent fact checking site in order to support your lies, I think that's a pretty clear sign you've lost. ;)

Here is an example of my latter point.

Your bias oozes out of you.

Edited by Batman

Here is an example of my latter point.
In fairness, the likes of Julia Hartley-Brewer were criticising the Conservative Press Office stunt so it is perfectly possible for folks to notice things that are objectively wrong regardless of ideology.

And that Factcheck thing was pretty worrying and definitely unnecessary.

In fairness, the likes of Julia Hartley-Brewer were criticising the Conservative Press Office stunt so it is perfectly possible for folks to notice things that are objectively wrong regardless of ideology.

Absolutely it was ridiculous. It was still even Stevens though with regards to the debate.

Your bias oozes out of you.

LOL.

Look, Corbyn is dull, insipid and lacks charisma, and doesn't inspire confidence that he would make a great PM. But at least he was occasionally capable of answering the question put to him and speaking coherently about Labour's policies.

Johnson, on the other hand, had nothing - literally nothing - other than "get Brexit done" and "don't vote for him". It was cringey beyond belief.

Looking around on Twitter afterwards, I saw the people who you would expect to be claiming Corbyn 'won' doing just that, and the people you would expect to see claiming a victory for Johnson (with one or two exceptions) saying essentially "meh, let's call it a draw". It's like they all know that BoJo was about as awful as you could possibly be but they could obviously never bring themselves to admit that Corbyn came out of it better.

Oh and ITV's Twitter poll had over 30,000 responses and the result was 78% in Corbyn's favour.

LOL.

Look, Corbyn is dull, insipid and lacks charisma, and doesn't inspire confidence that he would make a great PM. But at least he was occasionally capable of answering the question put to him and speaking coherently about Labour's policies.

Johnson, on the other hand, had nothing - literally nothing - other than "get Brexit done" and "don't vote for him". It was cringey beyond belief.

Looking around on Twitter afterwards, I saw the people who you would expect to be claiming Corbyn 'won' doing just that, and the people you would expect to see claiming a victory for Johnson (with one or two exceptions) saying essentially "meh, let's call it a draw". It's like they all know that BoJo was about as awful as you could possibly be but they could obviously never bring themselves to admit that Corbyn came out of it better.

Oh and ITV's Twitter poll had over 30,000 responses and the result was 78% in Corbyn's favour.

Yes, but the ITV crowd is very low-brow and poor/simple so they would be likely to favour the class-warrior.

That Twitter masquerade by the Conservatives is shameful.

Same s**t that Vote Leave pulled in the referendum campaign when it repeatedly used the NHS logo without authorisation. Has Cummings and co. fingerprints all over it.

I expect Mr Whatabout AKA Batman will be here soon to explain how “they all do it”.

LOL.

OK mate corbyn smashed it and was much superior if that makes you feel better...

Yes, but the ITV crowd is very low-brow and poor/simple so they would be likely to favour the class-warrior.

What a load of ********.

Yeah, it was a joke. But the basic point about ITV stands. Very tacky. Although I think Rylan is doing a great job with Super Market Sweep.

He could be the new Dale Winton / Graham Norton / Matthew Kelly.

Yeah, it was a joke. But the basic point about ITV stands. Very tacky. Although I think Rylan is doing a great job with Super Market Sweep.

He could be the new Dale Winton / Graham Norton / Matthew Kelly.

It’s not just ITV, I had to turn off radio 2 the other day when they had the ****ing idiot singing all day.

The dumbing down of political coverage was summed up by that pathetic “debate” last night. If, and I don’t want them, you’re going to have debates then someone like Neil should present them. Ask questions, probe a bit, then get out of the ****ing way. People should watch UTube and see Peter Shore, Barbara Castle etc, taking on Heath and other EU supporters, that’s the way to debate politics. This X Factor type pony, followed by the “spin room” is a ****ing joke.

LOL.

Neither answered questions. They just gave statements and twitter sound bites

Johnson was clearly pushing the brexit piece and Jezza pushing the NHS

It was awful but to suggest jezza answered questions is bizarre

He answered more questions than Johnson who, as ever, was all bluster, deflection and sound bites. Politicians all tell you what they want to tell you, not what you want them to tell you. Perhaps this time people will vote based on policies rather than personalities but I doubt it. It seems as if we are turning into a mini America with our very own mini me PM.

Seems like none of the current leaders are very popular. You get the feeling the British public are basically fed up with politicians of all persuasions

Apparently Corbyn is one of the most unpopular opposition leaders ever ( nice one labour) while Boris is one of the most unpopular new PMs ever ( good job Tories) meanwhile nobody likes Swinson ( except fans of tits in tight sweaters)

The funniest bit of the article though Johnson, Corbyn and Swinson were all rated as less effective leaders than Vladimir Putin [emoji15]

Johnson and Corbyn locked in unpopularity contest, polls suggest

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/19/boris-johnson-jeremy-corbyn-unpopularity-contest-polls

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

He answered more questions than Johnson who, as ever, was all bluster, deflection and sound bites. Politicians all tell you what they want to tell you, not what you want them to tell you. Perhaps this time people will vote based on policies rather than personalities but I doubt it. It seems as if we are turning into a mini America with our very own mini me PM.

Definitely this, Corbyn might be a liability to Labour but how anyone can even begin to support that blustering, lying buffoon Johnson is beyond me.

Looks like universities in Labour constituencies are registering students to vote with their knowledge.

Obviously, nothing to see here.

Vote labour - vote early, vote often

Labour activists/supporters absolutely commit electoral fraud in GE's and referendums tbf. Zero doubt over that. Just have to look at open bragging from students and the reports from the last GE/Ref and what happened in the Peterborough by-election. Our whole system needs reforming as it is far to easy to abuse the system currently.

Labour activists/supporters absolutely commit electoral fraud in GE's and referendums tbf. Zero doubt over that. Just have to look at open bragging from students and the reports from the last GE/Ref and what happened in the Peterborough by-election. Our whole system needs reforming as it is far to easy to abuse the system currently.

Yeah, I'm sure it's only one side that commits fraud.

What would people say are the main reasons that the libdems are failing to make any significant ground this time around, bearing in mind the general disdain people have for Corbyn and Johnson right now? This should have been their opportunity to make an impression.

Is it mostly that people see the UK as effectively a two party system, a dislike of their policies, a dislike of Swinson, a hangover from the disappointment of the coalition, their Brexit stance or something else?

Grown-up answers please, if you're up to it ;)

I stopped voting LibDem after the coalition with the Tories. They had a golden opportunity to change the electoral system but blew it. I wouldn’t be surprised if many more didn’t lose faith with them after that too. They really need a strong, charismatic leader to give them a bit of political clout now. Swinson doesn’t seem to be that person. Not sure which way I’ll vote this time round but I guess a Labour/LibDem coalition would be the best I could hope for.

What would people say are the main reasons that the libdems are failing to make any significant ground this time around, bearing in mind the general disdain people have for Corbyn and Johnson right now? This should have been their opportunity to make an impression.

Is it mostly that people see the UK as effectively a two party system, a dislike of their policies, a dislike of Swinson, a hangover from the disappointment of the coalition, their Brexit stance or something else?

Grown-up answers please, if you're up to it ;)

It isn't about the leaders, it is about the policies and the historic faith that the electorate have in each party. At the moment, Brexit is one of the main policy concerns and that is where the girl Swinson and her party fall down. It is one thing to claim that the Brexit decision needs to be reaffirmed, but quite another to seek to overturn the democratic referendum decision before it has even been enacted. Their policy has justifiably led to people questioning their right to have the word "Democrats" in their party name. If my experience as a voter in Eastleigh is typical, then it is easy to see their problem. In the several leaflets already dropped onto my doormat from them in the past week or so, the word "Brexit" has only appeared twice. There has been not a single mention of their policy to overturn the referendum decision the day after the girl Swinson is elected PM.

They are obviously sh*t scared of mentioning it in leave voting constituencies and are probably trumpeting it loud and clear in remain constituencies. As for their fabricated polls deliberately attempting to mislead the gullible, there is no moral high ground for them when they criticise the other parties. Swinson laughably claims that she will be the next PM, but that is ludicrous and her best bet is to be the junior partner in some anti-Brexit alliance in conjunction with Labour and the SNP.

Oh, and she should stop wearing that awful yellow outfit. It doesn't suit her, and people are beginning to think that she doesn't have anything else to wear.

It’s not students that are the main issue, it’s certain “communities “. Chicks told which way to vote, community leaders organising fraud & the buying of polling cards.

When you need id to pick up a parcel, and to attend Labour Party events it makes you wonder why they oppose voter id. Well actually no, it doesn’t make you wonder, we all know why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not students that are the main issue, it’s certain “communities “. Chicks told which way to vote, community leaders organising fraud & the buying of polling cards.

When you need id to pick up a parcel, and to attend Labour Party events it makes you wonder why they oppose voter id. Well actually no, it doesn’t make you wonder, we all know why.

Have you any evidence of this or have you been overdosing on the Daily Mail?

According to the Electoral Commission, there was 1 conviction in 2017 and 1 in 2018.

Have you any evidence of this or have you been overdosing on the Daily Mail?

According to the Electoral Commission, there was 1 conviction in 2017 and 1 in 2018.

Why won’t labour accept voter id then. Bearing in mind the things we do need id for it’s unbelievable that any reasonable person would complain about showing it to vote. We all know why, including you.

Why won’t labour accept voter id then. Bearing in mind the things we do need id for it’s unbelievable that any reasonable person would complain about showing it to vote. We all know why, including you.

Because certain groups of people are more likely to be disenfranchised and these are more likely to vote Labour (Young, poor and ethnic minorities). At least that’s what some guy in radio 5 was saying studies have shown.

Are you suggesting that farming community are getting polling cards for their chickens, is that how all the rural Tory MPs get in?

Labour are against voter id because they dont think that there is a problem to solve, 1 conviction last time, and that it will disproportionately affect labour voters. The Tories claim it was a recommendation by European electoral observers, but so was limiting donations but of course the Tories don't want to bring that in.

Would that be the Peterborough by-election after which the Electoral Commission investigated and found no evidence of any fraud?

I'd love to know what evidence you have if the EC couldn't find any.

Would that be the Peterborough by-election after which the Electoral Commission investigated and found no evidence of any fraud?

I'd love to know what evidence you have if the EC couldn't find any.

Ah, that would be the completely impartial Electoral Commission who arbritarily fined that poor kid Darren Grimes £20,000 for overspending on the Leave Campaign.

It took him years to have that overturned and was eventually completely exonerated in court.

The Electoral Commission, I would suggest, is so biased that it doesn't look too hard for wrongdoing on one side of the political spectrum.