1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Under funding and an aging population might have something to do with it.
Where is the evidence of underfunding? As far as I can see the funding goes up every year. An aging population affects it as well but is it fair to say that a big rise in immigration will put more of a strain on the NHS as well? I'm not sure why that's controversial.

Where is the evidence of underfunding? As far as I can see the funding goes up every year. An aging population affects it as well but is it fair to say that a big rise in immigration will put more of a strain on the NHS as well? I'm not sure why that's controversial.

#clueless

Funding has gone up but has not kept pace with rising demand and historical rates of funding. Every other G7 country -bar Italy- spends more on healthcare as a share of gdp than the UK.

And no it doesn’t necessarily follow that a big rise in immigration puts a strain on the NHS or other public services. It depends on the fiscal impact of migration, how much migrants pay into the public purse relative to what they take out which is a function of their age profile and wider economic contribution. The impact may be positive in some cases (i.e. EEA migration) and negative in others. Complexity isn’t a forte, is it?

Edited by shurlock

No, it is his house, he still lives there. HTH.

Well, as I say, it could be that his children are mini-Marxists. It could be something similar to the "******** to Brexit" sticker on Bercow's car that turned out to be his wife's. Or perhaps it was put there by some leftie pranksters. I'll await any more credible evidence that he has switched parties.

Out of the high income G7 countries, only Italy spends a lower share of GDP on health than the UK; yet the dim rightwingers on here will get all angry about EU migrants and freedom of movement; then clap their hands like performing chimps when Boris throws a few bandaids at the NHS, happily excusing the government’s role in the wider funding crisis. He’s got them wrapped around his little finger.

#blinder

And he's got working men arguing that a four day week shouldn't be an aspiration in modern times for one of the richest country's in the world. The Eton elite must love having this army of saps.

Well, as I say, it could be that his children are mini-Marxists. It could be something similar to the "******** to Brexit" sticker on Bercow's car that turned out to be his wife's. Or perhaps it was put there by some leftie pranksters. I'll await any more credible evidence that he has switched parties.

Apparently he has publicly announced that he is supporting the sitting Labour MP;

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/former-tory-mp-backs-labour-candidate-lancaster-and-fleetwood-seat-995490

Do you live in a mushroom field under a rock?

Surely you've noticed the ongoing recruitment issues within the NHS and the current lack of trained staff? Where, exactly, are the 'more people' going to be coming from?

Well 65,000 NHS staff are EU immigrants hopefully we will be getting rid of them soon so they can stop draining our beloved health service..

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7783

Apparently he has publicly announced that he is supporting the sitting Labour MP;

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/news/former-tory-mp-backs-labour-candidate-lancaster-and-fleetwood-seat-995490

He seems a bit confused. Conservative, Lib Dumbs, now Labour. A bit like some other confused ex-Conservatives and Labour MPs who have switched parties a couple of times.

Well 65,000 NHS staff are EU immigrants hopefully we will be getting rid of them soon so they can stop draining our beloved health service..

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7783

Not entirely sure what your point is - apart from the obvious "all Brexit voters are racist"...

5.5% of the NHS staff is made up from EU nationals in a country where 5.5% of the population are EU nationals.

If, as your suggesting (which isn't going to happen in any case!), 5.5% of the population will be 'got rid off' surely it stands to reason that 5.5% of the NHS staff will no longer be needed....

That’s 65,000 staff, including midwives, surgeons, Doctors, that aren’t working in their home countries.

I bet most are from countries that can ill afford to lose medical expertise, let alone pay to train them with no benefit to their health service. I guess you don’t care about that, just The British NHS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s 65,000 staff, including midwives, surgeons, Doctors, that aren’t working in their home countries.

I bet most are from countries that can ill afford to lose medical expertise, let alone pay to train them with no benefit to their health service. I guess you don’t care about that, just The British NHS.

So people are not allowed to move abroad if they feel they can better themselves, either financially or professionally ? And, aren't the Government going to prioritise skilled workers in the post-Brexit utopia ?

So people are not allowed to move abroad if they feel they can better themselves, either financially or professionally ? And, aren't the Government going to prioritise skilled workers in the post-Brexit utopia ?

I’d rather we trained, paid for and employed our own people, rather than cherry pick the brightest and best from third world countries. It’s expensive to train a doctor or a surgeon, so even soft arsed lefties must see the impact this has on their home countries. It’s a vicious circle, the brightest , youngest and best move away from their poor countries, when they’re the very people needed the most at home.

There’s no answer to it, but maybe lefties should stop and think once in a while. I’m pretty sure if we were training thousands of medical students, only for US health providers to poach them once they qualified, they wouldn’t think it was so great.

Like you give a s**t pal. It’s the old Paul Nuttall conceit that Stewart Lee famously tore apart. Needless to say your concern for poorer countries suddenly stops when it comes to foreign aid.

Edited by shurlock

I’d rather we trained, paid for and employed our own people, rather than cherry pick the brightest and best from third world countries. It’s expensive to train a doctor or a surgeon, so even soft arsed lefties must see the impact this has on their home countries. It’s a vicious circle, the brightest , youngest and best move away from their poor countries, when they’re the very people needed the most at home.

Somebody needs to sort out the medical schools then, perhaps the Government should be doing so?

"Britons wanting to become doctors are being turned away as medical schools admit growing numbers of overseas students who pay three times as much for their degrees.

The number of British first-degree students training to be doctors in the UK dropped by more than 500 from 2013-14 to 2017-18, while medical schools increased non-EU student numbers by 12%. While UK students pay £9,250 a year for their medical degree, non-EU students can pay up to £35,000 a year. "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britons-lose-out-to-rush-of-foreign-medical-students-xsdn2lzvl#

Winston Churchill for instance ?

You're going back rather a long time to the turn of the last century, when there were just the Liberals and Tories. I was thinking about the confused ones during the past few months, some of whom have been in three parties, without it ever occurring to them to stand in a bye-election to see whether their electorates still wished to be represented by them.

You're going back rather a long time to the turn of the last century, when there were just the Liberals and Tories. I was thinking about the confused ones during the past few months, some of whom have been in three parties, without it ever occurring to them to stand in a bye-election to see whether their electorates still wished to be represented by them.

Wrong.

When Churchill rejoined the Conservatives in 1924 there had already been a Labour government.

I understand that the Liberal minded Earl Duckhunter at the time kept on banging on about the swamp being drained when Churchill left the Liberals.

I bet you wish that you had a decent education.

Edited by Tamesaint

There’s no answer to it, but maybe lefties should stop and think once in a while. I’m pretty sure if we were training thousands of medical students, only for US health providers to poach them once they qualified, they wouldn’t think it was so great.

65,000 EU citizens. Since when have EU countries been third world? They haven't been cherry picked they chose to excise their right as EU citizens to work where they want for the best deal something you, as a professed capitalist, should be all for. You'll have to be careful lord D you are starting to sound like a big wet pinko with your faux concern for poor countries. Also thousands of UK doctors do train here and then move abroad to work and I think its great they have found a better paid job elsewhere they are happy with.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/23/new-doctors-leave-nhs-for-better-life-abroad

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/doctors-leave-country-work-abroad-leaving-nhs-jeremy-hunt-contract-1000-per-cent-a6878776.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11883559/A-third-of-AandE-doctors-leaving-NHS-to-work-abroad.html

Edited by doddisalegend

Wrong.

When Churchill rejoiced the Conservatives in 1924 there had already been a Labour government.

I understand that the Liberal minded Earl Duckhunter at the time kept on banging on about the swamp being drained when Churchill left the Liberals.

I bet you wish that you had a decent education.

Are you Badger's poodle? I answer him and get some smart Alec response from you. Churchill left the Conservatives in 1904 and the Labour Party was founded in 1900. Was Labour worth mentioning in connection with Churchill?. Considering his aristocratic and privileged background he was hardly likely to join them, was he?

Did Churchill rejoice the Conservatives?

Nothing wrong with my private boarding school education, so don't come the puerile "my cock is bigger than yours" attitude with me, sonny.

65,000 EU citizens. Since when have EU countries been third world? They haven't been cherry picked they chose to excise their right as EU citizens to work where they want for the best deal something you as a professed capitalist should by all for. you'll have to be careful lord D you are starting to sound like a big wet pinko with your faux concern for poor countries. Also thousands of UK doctors do train here and then move abroad to work and I think its great they have found a better paid job elsewhere they are happy with.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/aug/23/new-doctors-leave-nhs-for-better-life-abroad

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/doctors-leave-country-work-abroad-leaving-nhs-jeremy-hunt-contract-1000-per-cent-a6878776.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11883559/A-third-of-AandE-doctors-leaving-NHS-to-work-abroad.html

The fool doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going. He doesn’t understand as rules on EU/EEA migrants are tightened, so the UK government will just meet any shortfall through increased non-EU migration, say Filipino nurses or Indian doctors. That will mean greater, not fewer numbers of migrants from poorer countries coming to the UK -more, not less, brain drain than under the current system with freedom of movement.

Now watch the little fella do a complete 180. He’ll no longer feign concern about the economic effects of brain drain from poorer countries but how freedom of movement unfairly discriminates against non-EU migrants by giving priority status to EU migrants - of course, anyone with half a brain cell will immediately recognise that the two positions are mutually incompatible. Classic cake-and-eat-it thinking from your average dim rightwinger.

Edited by shurlock

Are you Badger's poodle? I answer him and get some smart Alec response from you. Churchill left the Conservatives in 1904 and the Labour Party was founded in 1900. Was Labour worth mentioning in connection with Churchill?. Considering his aristocratic and privileged background he was hardly likely to join them, was he?

Did Churchill rejoice the Conservatives?

Nothing wrong with my private boarding school education, so don't come the puerile "my cock is bigger than yours" attitude with me, sonny.

Calm down and stop being such a c ock. Admit that you are wrong for once in your life and grow up.

So the police are investigating Farage's claims the Government offered peerages not to stand against the conservatives in some seats. Personally I reckon Nigel is a fantasist and the police won't find anything still a pain for Boris though.

General election: Met Police assessing electoral fraud claims after Farage says senior Brexit Party figures offered peerages to step aside https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBWQA3T?m=en-gb&referrerID=InAppShare

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You know there is a massive shortage of nurses in the NHS at the moment? A big part of this is the Tories scrapping the bursaries.

Like you give a s**t pal. It’s the old Paul Nuttall conceit that Stewart Lee famously tore apart. Needless to say your concern for poorer countries suddenly stops when it comes to foreign aid.

Lol, it's like when the EDL pretend they care about women's and gay rights when actually they just hate Muslims more.

So the police are investigating Farage's claims the Government offered peerages not to stand against the conservatives in some seats. Personally I reckon Nigel is a fantasist and the police won't find anything still a pain for Boris though.

General election: Met Police assessing electoral fraud claims after Farage says senior Brexit Party figures offered peerages to step aside https://a.msn.com/r/2/BBWQA3T?m=en-gb&referrerID=InAppShare

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Good luck to them proving that.

What makes you think Nige is a fantasist. Do you think people aren’t offered peerages for political favours. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have been, but there will be plausible deniability. It goes on all the time. If Ruth Davidson wanted a seat in Westminster, pretty soon there’d be a Lord Mundell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calm down and stop being such a c ock. Admit that you are wrong for once in your life and grow up.

I could admit that you're right. But then we'd both be wrong.

I'm perfectly calm. It seems to me that it's you who has your knickers in a twist, sonny.

You're just niggled because you look stupid supporting the example of a long dead politician from a different era swapping parties, when several of your remoaner lot have changed parties, sometimes more than once, in the past few months and not had the common decency to put themselves up for re-election in a bye election. Thankfully most of them, if not all of them, will soon all be in the dole queue come Friday 13th December. They won't be missed, as they were mostly lightweight chancers.

I'm perfectly calm. It seems to me that it's you who has your knickers in a twist, sonny.

You're just niggled because you look stupid supporting the example of a long dead politician from a different era swapping parties, when several of your remoaner lot have changed parties, sometimes more than once, in the past few months and not had the common decency to put themselves up for re-election in a bye election. Thankfully most of them, if not all of them, will soon all be in the dole queue come Friday 13th December. They won't be missed, as they were mostly lightweight chancers.

Wollaston even sponsored a bill mandating an election when an MP switched parties. Carswell & Reckless did, “moderates” didn’t .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm estimating from your language you're between 75 and 85. Am I right?

Good luck to them proving that.

What makes you think Nige is a fantasist. Do you think people aren’t offered peerages for political favours. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind he would have been, but there will be plausible deniability. It goes on all the time.

Agree, which is why the honours system should be taken out of the hands of politicians and into some kind of independent body.

I'm not niggled. I am just highly amused that you are wrong in what you said yet refuse to admit it.

Very amusing. Go on . Admit it. You were wrong. Be the big man and admit for perhaps the first time on this thread that you are wrong. Go on You can do it.

Edited by Tamesaint

I'm estimating from your language you're between 75 and 85. Am I right?

Nah. If Les was between 75 and 85, he would have lived through WWII whereas most Brexiters are just war fetishists, complacent, full of s**t babyboomers who’ve no recollection of real hardship or sacrifice.

Edited by shurlock

Nah. If Les was between 75 and 85, he would have lived through WWII whereas most Brexiters are just war fetishists, complacent, full of s**t babyboomers who’ve no recollection of real hardship or sacrifice.

But Wes has suffered, over 40 years of EEC/EU membership.

I'm not niggled. I am just highly amused that you are wrong in what you said yet refuse to admit it.

Very amusing. Go on . Admit it. You were wrong. Be the big man and admit for perhaps the first time on this thread that you are wrong. Go on You can do it.

Wes wasn't wrong, he was 'not exactly right';

[video=youtube;uwkU8-d1gIk]

The Independent tells us that the Tory lead is down to 8 points since Johnson has been dragging his enormous charisma around the country.

Good to see that Boris is still playing a blinder.

Yet opininium poll has just come out and has the Tories pulling away on 44% with labour on 28%