0 0%
  • Green

0 0%
  • Independant

0 0%
Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2584

Thread: General Election 2019 - Post Match Reaction

Frankly, this election is dismal and boils down to a choice between what you think is the least damaging of:

- the clueless approach to Brexit and utter skulduggery of the Tories

OR

- the economic naivety and myopic dogma of the current Labour party

I take some solace from the fact that even if Johnson wins and gets the WA through, he might be forced into a rethink during the course of next year. I take further solace from the fact that the Corbyn government might not be able to implement policies particularly quickly and could get booted out in five years without causing too much irreversible harm.

Maybe a hung parliament and further gridlock is best, which might even help embolden politicians to seek electoral reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Another brilliant day for Johnson so far.

When asked to do a live interview on GMB, one of his aides tells the reporter to f*ck off, and Johnson hides in a fridge to escape the camera crew.

Such a noble, statesmanlike character isn't he.
    I, like you, cannot begin to understand where this idiot/clown/buffon garners support from anyone.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

You have to go some to find a worse choice than Donald Trump but in this campaign Johnson has shown that he is. Apart from the same old soundbite, he rambles incoherently and embarrasses himself on a daily basis. Mr Bean would make a better PM.

After all the "debate", to summarise my position:

Why I will not vote Tory.

1. I don't want a PM who is a pathological liar.
    2. I value the NHS and don't want it sold piecemeal to the USA.
    3. I want a statesman-like PM who will face up to interviews, give real answers rather than parroted soundbites and not talk over interviewers to avoid questions.
    4. I want a PM I can trust.
    5. I want a PM with a sense of responsibility to his family, children and partners past and present.
    6. I don't want to leave the EU.
    7. I don't want a PM who steals a phone to avoid looking at an unpalatable photo, says to camera "there's no media here" and hides in a fridge.
    8. I want a PM who respects all people regardless of race, religion and gender and who doesn't use derogatory comments towards them.
    9. I want our government to remain accountable, subject to scrutiny and legal challenge (see P48 of the Tory manifesto)
    10. I want a fair Britain and a caring society where homelessness and poverty are tackled, food banks once again become a thing of the past and the rich pay their share of taxes

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mickn View Post
    I, like you, cannot begin to understand where this idiot/clown/buffon garners support from anyone.
    He also refused to be interviewed on Radio 2 by Jeremy Vine. The only party leader to do so and ( with the exception of car crash May) the first PM to refuse to go on this show or its predecessor for over 50 years.

Nige now supporting proportional voting.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    Nige now supporting proportional voting.
    Nigel Farage in supporting whatever works best for him personally shocker.

Proportional voting worked out well for him in the Euro elections in May, but with FPTP he's got little to no hope of getting any MPs into Westminster at a GE.

Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    You have to go some to find a worse choice than Donald Trump but in this campaign Johnson has shown that he is. Apart from the same old soundbite, he rambles incoherently and embarrasses himself on a daily basis. Mr Bean would make a better PM.
    Trump is on a different level of corruption, criminality and ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    Trump is on a different level of corruption, criminality and ignorance.
    Has he ever hidden in a fridge to avoid a TV interview?

https://twitter.com/twitmericks/stat...530354177?s=19

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickn View Post
    I expect you were dumbfounded why anyone would vote trump or brexit as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shroppie View Post

3. I want a statesman-like PM who will face up to interviews, give real answers rather than parroted soundbites and not talk over interviewers to avoid questions.
    5. I want a PM with a sense of responsibility to his family, children and partners past and present.
    7. I don't want a PM who steals a phone to avoid looking at an unpalatable photo, says to camera "there's no media here" and hides in a fridge.
    8. I want a PM who respects all people regardless of race, religion and gender and who doesn't use derogatory comments towards them.
    9. I want our government to remain accountable, subject to scrutiny and legal challenge (see P48 of the Tory manifesto)
    10. I want a fair Britain and a caring society where homelessness and poverty are tackled, food banks once again become a thing of the past and the rich pay their share of taxes

I sure as **** hope you aren't another mug voting for labour then.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Well put Shroppie. I would add one more. 11. I am going to vote for a country that gives my children and their children an opportunity to live in a society that is fair and supportive of everybody and is governed by people who carry out these principles in everything they do.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I expect you were dumbfounded why anyone would vote trump or brexit as well.
    Exactly.

Well put Shroppie. I would add one more. 11. I am going to vote for a country that gives my children and their children an opportunity to live in a society that is fair and supportive of everybody and is governed by people who carry out these principles in everything they do.
    Indeed. I keep thinking of more, but isn't the above list damning enough for someone who wants our trust and votes?

In years gone by, when elections were fought on policies and record in power, any one of those would be have been fatal.

He’s bribed foreign leaders, colluded with election interference, sexually assaulted women, made lots of weird sexualised comments about his own daughter, slopes off to play golf constantly, corruptly had government money spent on his own businesses, passed overtly racist laws, had some covfefe, bullied people and broken obligations throughout his career causing serious financial difficulties for loads of businesses, got into infantile keyboard wars with people, generally demeaned the office, interposed his unqualified friends and family into inappropriate official situations, threatened to annex a foreign country, supported illegal Israeli actions, incited violence against journalists, lied constantly etc.

Johnson is a knob and has done some of the knobish things mentioned above and his campaign is being run by knobs and his cabinet is full of knobs but he’s a got a way to go until he achieves Trump-level knob-head.

You won’t be voting then?

So old Boris refusing just about every interview going. What is he so petrified of?

Where is this Utopia and when will you be moving there? If they'll have you, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    Where is this Utopia and when will you be moving there? If they'll have you, that is.
    Surely aspiring to live in Utopia is better than the last 9 years of enforced austerity?

Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    You won’t be voting then?
    Have already voted.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    So old Boris refusing just about every interview going. What is he so petrified of?
    Being exposed as a fraud and clueless. Trouble is hopefully the damage is already done. They should have hidden him in the same cellar as Rees-Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    He might be asked a question and be expected to answer.

Which is difficult as he only does set-piece soundbites, insulting his opponents and lying (unchallenged) and is pretty ignorant of most of his own party's policy.

Most of the polls seem to show the Conservative vote remaining fairly constant with Labour dropping off sufficiently to give the Tories a clear majority.

Effectively a majority government due to Labour voters abstaining because of the clueless leadership.

Oh dear, Laura Kuenssberg once again proving herself unfit for her position...

https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/stat...70258327887872

Did she learn nothing from what happened the other day?

**** me! Friday the 13th is going to be horrendous in your house!

Quote Originally Posted by Weston Super Saint View Post
    **** me! Friday the 13th is going to be horrendous in your house!
    Possibly so.

But if it is, it'll be horrendous for the country too.

Poor old Boris. It looks like his “Get Brexit Done” pledge has been dealt a death blow by Michael Barnier who says that it is “unrealistic” that it will be sorted by 2021. Another false claim by the waffling, lying, clueless Tory leader.

29. Default

Poor old Boris. It looks like his “Get Brexit Done” pledge has been dealt a death blow by Michael Barnier who says that it is “unrealistic” that it will be sorted by 2021. Another false claim by the waffling, lying, clueless Tory leader.
    Will we have left The EU by 2021 if Boris wins tomorrow. Yes or no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    I sure as **** hope you aren't another mug voting for labour then.
    I assume that you are a mug voting for Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post

Not exactly getting Brexit done is it?

Blog Entries

Even better pal: the UK could have all the de facto obligations of EU membership with none of its benefits. Unless he sells chumps like you out.

Surely aspiring to live in Utopia is better than the last 9 years of enforced austerity?
    So this Utopia only exists in your head. Whilst it's in there, it can have free roaming unicorns and flights of pigs too, if your imagination is up to it.

Oh dear, Laura Kuenssberg once again proving herself unfit for her position...

https://twitter.com/brexit_sham/stat...70258327887872

Did she learn nothing from what happened the other day?
    And Wes thinks the beeb is biased against the tories.

Blog Entries

Kuennsberg’s not fit to lace Coley’s boots.

Of course Barnier says it is unrealistic. He's the negotiator who wants us to remain in the EU and failing that, to make leaving it as difficult and as expensive for us as he can. You concluding that Boris is culpable for events in 2021 is a bit premature, isn't it? I suggest that you desist from your premature ejaculations and wait until then before casting aspersions, unless you have a functional crystal ball.

37. Default

Not exactly getting Brexit done is it?
    I’ll ask again.

If Boris wins tomorrow, in your opinion will we have left the EU by 2021. You know, BR itain EXIT. Yes or no?

Blog Entries

Of course Barnier says it is unrealistic. He's the negotiator who wants us to remain in the EU and failing that, to make leaving it as difficult and as expensive for us as he can. You concluding that Boris is culpable for events in 2021 is a bit premature, isn't it? I suggest that you desist from your premature ejaculations and wait until then before casting aspersions, unless you have a functional crystal ball.
    Soggy’s a real life clairvoyant compared to you Les given you’ve been wrong about virtually everything in the past three years.

And Wes thinks the beeb is biased against the tories.
    Whereas Badger thinks that just one opinion on a single matter by one employee of the BBC is a sufficient barometer of the entire organisation's stance.

Blog Entries

I’ll ask again.

If Boris wins tomorrow, in your opinion will we have left the EU by 2021. You know, BR itain EXIT. Yes or no?

Because you were applying the same logic when assessing May’s deal. What happened to your favourite little acronym BRINO pal?

#mess

Blog Entries

Whereas Badger thinks that just one opinion on a single matter by one employee of the BBC is a sufficient barometer of the entire organisation's stance.
    No Les - BBC reporters are under a professional duty to act impartially whereas you like to believe that their private views (even though you don’t have a clue what they are) inevitably compromise that ability. Of course, I never hear you making the same charge with Andrew Neil. I wonder why that it is

Not at all, but in that video she is either promoting a falsehood that apparently originated within CCHQ, ( again ), or is an accessory to a serious criminal offence.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Soggy’s a real life clairvoyant compared to you Les given you’ve been wrong about virtually everything in the past three years.
    I am on the right side of the referendum decision, almost certainly right about us not going for the Norway option, where Timmy was almost certainly wrong. I didn't believe all the rubbish spouted by the project fear merchants, one of which was you. I voted for the correct candidate in the Tory leadership election, hated May's surrender deal, and was entirely happy to leave the EU without a deal if something like the super-Canada deal isn't negotiated.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you believe, as it is fair to say that you've also been wrong on much you've stood for. I'm perfectly happy with the way that things have gone, provided that we don't have another hung parliament on Friday.

Blog Entries

I am on the right side of the referendum decision, almost certainly right about us not going for the Norway option, where Timmy was almost certainly wrong. I didn't believe all the rubbish spouted by the project fear merchants, one of which was you. I voted for the correct candidate in the Tory leadership election, hated May's surrender deal, and was entirely happy to leave the EU without a deal if something like the super-Canada deal isn't negotiated.

Frankly, I don't give a damn what you believe, as it is fair to say that you've also been wrong on much you've stood for. I'm perfectly happy with the way that things have gone, provided that we don't have another hung parliament on Friday.
    You’ve been proven wrong time and time again about the complexity of the negotiations and how things would play out. And 2020 will be no different - except that there will no hiding place this time
    Last edited by shurlock; 11-12-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Gavyn

Predictions? Or bottling it like Boris?

It goes a little deeper than that Wes...

I'm not sure Wes does 'deep'.

Would that be this Marcus Moore :

Freelance writer and former teacher

A former teacher, Marcus Moore has worked for the last three decades as a freelance writer, theatre practitioner and arts consultant. <br> <br> Adventures include scriptwriting for the BBC, production manager of the Cheltenham Festival of Literature, writing residencies in HMPs Gloucester and Leyhill, touring garden sheds as a theatrical performer, and having once conducted a mobile phone orchestra at a prestigious music festival. He continues to run creative workshops in schools, host poetry slams, and deliver street recitations as an Emergency Poet on Call. <br> <br> Ethical considerations mean Marcus has never learned to drive or had a passport. He considers himself well-informed on significant matters of public interest, despite having not owned a television for a quarter of century. Since April of this year, he has been writing an online 'Journal of a Journeyman Writer'. Each daily entry is written to an exact 2011 characters. This can be found at: <a href="http://marcusmoore.wordpress.com/about/" rel="nofollow">http://marcusmoore.wordpress.com/about/ </a>
    Seems like we should all pay attention to the undoubtedly well informed man - that tours garden sheds as a theatrical performer and hasn't owned a TV for 25 years!!! Garden sheds FFS.

That’s not news, nor is it a “death blow”. The people lapping up “Get it done” will resign themselves to or ****-off to a no deal.

I'm not sure Wes does 'deep'.
    You certainly don't