1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Didn't the Plymouth Council do this previously and blame it on an administration error then too? How many times do they have to break the law before somebody is held to account for it? Surely the incompetent person/s should be sacked, or at the very least transferred to some other department where they have no scope for interference in the election process.

Plymouth council are also known to have registered students to vote without their consent.

There is a reason why Labour/Pollard is disliked in what should be a tap-in for Labour in that part of the world, with its working class roots.

“You should not touch or handle anyone else’s ballot paper.”

“It is absolutely clear that anyone acting on behalf of a party or campaign should not solicit the collection of any ballot paper.”

“If you are asked to take the completed ballot paper, you should ensure that the voter has sealed it first and then post it or take it to a polling station or office of the Returning Officer immediately, without interfering in any way with the package.”

“If you are with a voter when they complete their ballot paper, remember they should complete it in secret. Equally, you should ensure that the voter seals the envelopes personally and immediately.”

Of course, just a misunderstanding.

Anyway, moving on....

So not actually evidence of voter fraud then, just a member of the Plymouth CLP being incredibly stupid and bringing a whole pile of sh!t upon himself.

Of course, it is possible that there is fraud going on, and it would make sense to hold an investigation in this case.

But taking Guido Fawkes' word for it!? Sheesh :mcinnes:

Cue one of the sheep I was talking about.

No pal they thought a wholly arbitrary timetable of three three days was too short to scrutinise one of the most important bills in peacetime history.

When discussing time frames in the Referendum saga, everything is relative regarding timing and is judged on whether it is either pro or anti-Brexit. Pro-Brexit, and all the remoaners try their hardest to stretch it out, extending deadline after deadline ad nauseam. Pro-remain, such as Benn's Surrender Act, and that can go straight through the readings and the HOL in a day, no problem. Of course the Brexit WA is a bit more complicated than Benn's surrender Act, but then most of the remoaners think that hardly anything in it had changed from May's Vassal State deal, which had had plenty of time to be scrutinised, three times in fact.

You know damned well that the Remoaners would have delayed and amended the bill out of recognition, Gavyn, so this excuse of too short a time frame is a red herring. Who cares what the wreckers thought about it? Boris was always going to go for an election if feasible, rather than let that happen.

And now the BBC admit they haven't yet fixed a date for Johnson to do his Neil interview...

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1199697628545650688?s=20

What's the betting he 'can't fit it into his schedule'?

Would be a massive own goal if he ducks it. I don't think he will considering he's already done one during the Conservative leadership contest.

He's undoubtedly weighing up which option of either doing it or not doing it is likely to do him the least damage.

He doesn’t have much of a reputation to lose so is probably thinking about bottling it. If Neil doesn’t go easier on him than Sturgeon or Corbyn it could be the biggest car crash interview so far.

By your dim logic, Brexit is whatever can command a parliamentary majority. So if all the remainers in the Labour Party or Lib Dems had voted for May’s WA, then it would have suddenly qualified as Brexit? Hardly a principled, a priori definition, is it? And certainly not one our Les would sign up to. Perhaps you want to have another go pal.

Would "The hardest, most energy-sapping part of the negotiations is still to come" not have applied with May's WA?

Cue one of the sheep I was talking about.

No pal they thought a wholly arbitrary timetable of three three days was too short to scrutinise one of the most important bills in peacetime history.

Would "The hardest, most energy-sapping part of the negotiations is still to come" not have applied with the most important bills in peacetime history?

Probably but if the shoe were on the other foot I imagine Corbyn would be doing similar. I think he should do it because I struggle to see how he could do worse.
I can't believe Corbyn (and Sturgeon) didn't get a watertight guarantee that Johnson would be interviewed before agreeing. Wonder what Swinson's position is?

Johnson no doubt thinks he's winning at the moment and I'm guessing he'll duck it, without much damage because the MSM will justify it.

This, and other debates, raise serious questions about proper observation of purdah, impartiality of broadcasters and bias. How can the BBC justify attacking Labour without ensuring a balancing Tory interview? All the rules that used to be impeccably followed are now being ignored. I find that worrying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can't believe Corbyn (and Sturgeon) didn't get a watertight guarantee that Johnson would be interviewed before agreeing. Wonder what Swinson's position is?

Johnson no doubt thinks he's winning at the moment and I'm guessing he'll duck it, without much damage because the MSM will justify it.

This, and other debates, raise serious questions about proper observation of purdah, impartiality of broadcasters and bias. How can the BBC justify attacking Labour without ensuring a balancing Tory interview? All the rules that used to be impeccably followed are now being ignored. I find that worrying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hold your horses we don't even know that he definitely isn't doing it yet. He definitely should do it though we can all agree on that and like I said, I think he will.

Would "The hardest, most energy-sapping part of the negotiations is still to come" not have applied with the most important bills in peacetime history?

Nice try Westie. I said it was one of the most important bills in peacetime history, not the most important bill in peacetime history. I reserve that accolade for the UK's future trading relationship with the EU (and whatever bill enshrines in UK law) - hence why I said it will be hardest, most energy-sapping part of negotiations. Understood pal?

Given his performances and serial lying on camera so far I expect another car crash. However there is no point in commenting on it until it happens, if it happens, so let’s just wait and see, eh?

He's full of s**t but he won't car crash in the same way John McDonnell probably wouldn't have car-crashed yesterday. Both are too flexible, on-message and emollient, however superficial, to allow themselves to be boxed into unnecessary and futile corners.

He's full of s**t but he won't car crash in the same way John McDonnell probably wouldn't have car-crashed yesterday. Both are too flexible, on-message and emollient, however superficial, to allow themselves to be boxed into unnecessary and futile corners.

Johnson has the advantage that he doesn't have to pretend to be honourable or of good morals, since we all know he is a bit of a ****. So he can just repeat his slogans and ignore whether they are true or not. Corbyn set himself up as morally superior so has to represent himself as honourable, leaving him open to attack.

So bj may as well do it.

Nice try Westie. I said it was one of the most important bills in peacetime history, not the most important bill in peacetime history. I reserve that accolade for the UK's future trading relationship with the EU (and whatever bill enshrines in UK law) - hence why I said it will be hardest, most energy-sapping part of negotiations. Understood pal?

So you're saying it would still apply, pal?

Seems a bit redundant to mention the whole three day thing when you knew full well that 'the hardest, most energy sapping part of negotations' was still to come.

Almost like you're a parody of a tabloid headline.

So you're saying it would still apply, pal?

Seems a bit redundant to mention the whole three day thing when you knew full well that 'the hardest, most energy sapping part of negotations' was still to come.

Almost like you're a parody of a tabloid headline.

Not sure what your point is westie. Yes the hardest part of the negotiations is yet to come; but the withdrawal agreement is still a monumental piece of legislation in its own right and so warranted more than three days scrutiny. The two statements are not mutually incompatible. You're trying to play gotcha but are not bright enough pal.

Not sure what your point is westie. Yes the hardest part of the negotiations is yet to come; but the withdrawal agreement is still a monumental piece of legislation in its own right and so warranted more than three days scrutiny. The two statements are not mutually incompatible. You're trying to play gotcha but are not bright enough pal.

Is that the withdrawal agreement that was likened to 'May's agreement with some lipstick on it'? Surely that had been scrutinised to death so three days would have been more than sufficient to examine the allegedly minor differences, pal.

But of course, in your world you can clearly have your cake and eat it.

Is that the withdrawal agreement that was likened to 'May's agreement with some lipstick on it'? Surely that had been scrutinised to death so three days would have been more than sufficient to examine the allegedly minor differences, pal.

But of course, in your world you can clearly have your cake and eat it.

Cake and eat it Westie?

May's agreement with some lipstick on it might be your take pal but Johnson's deal differs in fundamental respects - the treatment of NI, its relationship with the rest of the UK and the implications for the future of the Union for starters.

That even Johnson dismissed the outlines of his own deal -a de facto NI-only backstop or frontstop- only months before is itself justification for further scrutiny. As is the fact that the consent mechanism for NI that goes to the heart of the Good Friday Agreement was cobbled together at the last minute after his own 11th hour proposal was rejected by the EU. It would also help if Johnson actually understood what's in his deal -instead he's found himself contradicted by his own Brexit Secretary.

Other major changes and uncertainties include what happens at the end of 2020 - under May's deal, the backstop customs union would have kicked in to prevent the worst form of cliff-edge. No such safety net exists with Johnson's WA. Huge swathes of text on environmental and workers rights have been moved from the legally binding part of the WA to the woolly aspirational political declaration. Finally the bill gives huge powers to ministers to make regulations to implement the UK’s withdrawal from the EU - again anyone with an interest in sound policymaking would urge caution, not haste.

I could go on and point out how other EU pieces of legislation spent much longer in committee stage (as they were picked to pieces by Eurosceptics) or how the government could have enabled greater parliamentary scrutiny without extending the 31 October deadline if it was actually serious about it. But I'll leave it there. Suffice to say, you're talking drivel.

Edited by shurlock

NEW: YouGov/Times MRP

Con 359 (+42)

Lab 211 (-51)

Lib Dem 13 (+1)

SNP 43 (+8)

Plaid 4 (-)

Green 1 (-)

Speaker 1 (-)

Conservative majority of 68

Blimey.

Would be the biggest CCHQ majority since Thatcher's third victory in 1987.

I have no doubt Boris will win but seems unlikely to be that big a margin.

At this stage I am happy to accept that the Lib Dems have absolutely sh it the bed.

Would be the biggest CCHQ majority since Thatcher's third victory in 1987.

I have no doubt Boris will win but seems unlikely to be that big a margin.

At this stage I am happy to accept that the Lib Dems have absolutely sh it the bed.

And yet still short of the 100+ majority many were predicting for May in 2017. Remember when she was feted as a cross between the new Iron Lady ans Queen Boudicca who was going to dislodge Merkel as the most powerful woman in Europe? :lol:

At this stage it’s a matter of damage limitation and ensuring that any majority can be overturned in one rather than two future elections.

And yet still short of the 100+ majority many were predicting for May in 2017. Remember when she was feted as a cross between the new Iron Lady ans Queen Boudicca who was going to dislodge Merkel as the most powerful woman in Europe? :lol:

At this stage it’s a matter of damage limitation and ensuring that any majority can be overturned in one rather than two future elections.

Which goes to show how terminally useless the Vicar's daughter was, the worst Tory Party leader ever and probably also the worst PM too. A majority like the one predicted, if it happened, would be plenty enough to get Brexit over the line and give us a stronger hand in negotiating a decent FT deal before the end of next year. Once Brexit is done, it will be very difficult to overturn it within a decade, so if the FTPA remains in place, there is another four years from then to build on it. All sorts of things might happen post election with the opposition parties, including the formation of new ones based on factional alliances following the splintering of existing ones.

I see Labour are apparently now changing strategy and the LibDems are now using the term “2nd referendum”
Both parties are a mess. Would be great to be a fly on the wall at Labour HQ. If they sideline Jeremy they would have a better chance with McDonnell doing future interviews. Edited by hypochondriac

Corbyn's scare stories about the NHS being up for sale to the Yanks has been comprehensively debunked as a load of rubbish, primarily by Andrew Neil, but also Guido Fawkes and others. This article also does a good hatchet job on Corbyn's lies:-

https://brexitcentral.com/jeremy-corbyns-claim-that-the-nhs-is-up-for-sale-in-post-brexit-us-trade-talks-does-not-stack-up/

As she summarises, leaking documents marked "Official - Sensitive (UK Eyes only)" isn't a good touch, and is bound to raise eyebrows in the USA as to the implications for our national security.

Yet the polls continue to contradict that position. Yes things can change and polls aren't a guarantee of anything, but all signs so far point to a Tory majority.

No they don’t, they just show the Tories in the lead. It does not mean that they are not also in a mess. The feedback also suggests that their lead in many seats is liable to change with the slightest swing. Still waiting to hear when Johnson is going to face Neil. I bet he is out buying brown trousers as we speak.

“Is there any evidence that the UK government is actually prepared to put the NHS on the table in a trade deal?”

Barry Gardiner: "no, absolutely not"

Next...

To anybody with a brain cell the Tories have been running down the NHS for years and if you think it is safe in their hands you are seriously deluded.

No they don’t, they just show the Tories in the lead. It does not mean that they are not also in a mess. The feedback also suggests that their lead in many seats is liable to change with the slightest swing. Still waiting to hear when Johnson is going to face Neil. I bet he is out buying brown trousers as we speak.
If they end up with a majority, I bet its the kind of mess every other political party would like to be in.

Here's a challenge to all sides. It'll be interesting to see who's confident enough to rise to it and who is too insecure to answer it in a genuinely critical way.

What do you think are the three biggest negatives about the party you currently plan to vote for?

(Credibility points off for trying to highlight a positive in disguise)

Here's a challenge to all sides. It'll be interesting to see who's confident enough to rise to it and who is too insecure to answer it in a genuinely critical way.

What do you think are the three biggest negatives about the party you currently plan to vote for?

Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and where is the money coming from for their spending plans

Good post.

I intend to vote Lib Dem (or is it Lib Dumb as that seems to be their name for several on here).

Negative points

Leader lacks gravitas.

Full of good ideas. Not sure that they have the capability of delivering them even if they were in a position of doing so.

Their Brexit strategy is muddled. They are very keen to denounce Brexit but they should be doing much more to unite the Remain vote.

I still intend to vote for them but despair at the lack of choice compared with previous elections.