View Poll Results: SWF Exit Poll

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

    21 52.50%
  • Labour

    12 30.00%
  • Liberals

    6 15.00%
  • Brexit

    1 2.50%
  • SNP/Plaid

    0 0%
  • Green

    0 0%
  • Independant

    0 0%
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 2583

Thread: General Election 2019 - Post Match Reaction

  1. #2401

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,322

    Default

    Love the way she sat there and basically dismissed Jack Straw and the Labour he represents.

    That version of Labour would have got 400 seats the other day.

  2. #2402

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    17,975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Love the way she sat there and basically dismissed Jack Straw and the Labour he represents.

    That version of Labour would have got 400 seats the other day.
    Yeah, but they're fackin blue Labour scum bags.

  3. Default

    Not one person in this picture is now an MP. Wonderful




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #2404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The amount of people saying the manifesto was brilliant, is mental.

    I can do a better manifesto right now. Here we go:

    - no tax for anyone who isn't a fat cat

    - loads of tax for fat cats

    - nationalise everything and make it brilliant

    - fix the climate

    - everyone to be nice to everyone

    - stop the war

    - two day working week

    - loads of public spending

    - re Brexit; let's just see what happens.

    It's all fully costed apart from the bits that aren't.

    There you go. Hell of a manifesto.
    I'm in

  5. #2405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    I was waiting for a hospital appointment yesterday afternoon and overheard a cleaner and a receptionist discussing the election. The cleaner said "I voted for Boris because things can't possibly get any worse than what they are now can they".

    While I understand why many people were not too enamoured with the Labour leadership, some of the moronic reasons I have heard/seen people come out with for voting Tory are disheartening to say the least.

    The fact that such an obvious charlatan as Johnson can manage to convince so many working class people that he actually gives a **** about their life prospects is a sad indication that elections can be swayed by PR instead of substance.
    So, just as all the people who voted to leave the EU are thick, those people who voted for the Conservatives at this election are also thick.

    Of course - itís all clear to me now. Obviously the way to cure these aberrations is to ditch democracy.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergei Gotsmanov View Post
    When I contrast our shouting, scruffy, self entitled students, who hide away from debate in 'safe spaces', with the students in Hong Kong, who are fighting so bravely for what these idiots already take for granted, I cringe.
    With you on this one. Such privileged times yet feel they live in oppression. Oppression isnít someone with right wing leanings talking at your uni.

  7. Default General Election 2019 - Post Match Reaction

    Quote Originally Posted by benjii View Post
    The amount of people saying the manifesto was brilliant, is mental.

    I can do a better manifesto right now. Here we go:

    - no tax for anyone who isn't a fat cat

    - loads of tax for fat cats

    - nationalise everything and make it brilliant

    - fix the climate

    - everyone to be nice to everyone

    - stop the war

    - two day working week

    - loads of public spending

    - re Brexit; let's just see what happens.

    It's all fully costed apart from the bits that aren't.

    There you go. Hell of a manifesto.
    I imagine their spin fella is yelling the line the Ďmanifesto was brilliantí as they are all saying it.

    So out of touch

    And why is there nothing about broadband in yours? Thatís what my Jewish friends are concerned about.

  8. #2408

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Not one person in this picture is now an MP. Wonderful



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And the notable absentees who have joined them are Grieve, Gauke, Swinson, Letwin and Bercow. Good times.

  9. #2409

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    I imagine their spin fella is yelling the line the ‘manifesto was brilliant’ as they are all saying it.

    So out of touch

    And why is there nothing about broadband in yours? That’s what my Jewish friends are concerned about.
    My Jewish mates were all over that free broadband - would have done wonders for scaling up their budding media empires.

  10. #2410

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Tender View Post
    And the notable absentees who have joined them are Grieve, Gauke, Swinson, Letwin and Bercow. Good times.
    Swinson’s gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.

  11. Default General Election 2019 - Post Match Reaction

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Swinsonís gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.
    Aye the childish gloating shows up these fckers. Like theyíre so invested rather than they just canít cope with an opinion that differs from theirs.

  12. #2412

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    It's grim oop north
    Posts
    8,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    So, just as all the people who voted to leave the EU are thick, those people who voted for the Conservatives at this election are also thick.

    Of course - it’s all clear to me now. Obviously the way to cure these aberrations is to ditch democracy.
    That's not what I said at all is it.

  13. #2413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    That's not what I said at all is it.
    Sounded like it to me - give all the big decisions to the ‘clever’ people.

  14. #2414

    Default

    Like Gavin. LOL

  15. #2415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Swinson’s gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.
    but they haven't, yes they did wonderfully but Tories won seats. She was the leader of her party and couldn't even convince her own people in her constituency. Listen to the episode of Dead Ringers the satire show on BBC iplayer. It was a brilliant show and it hit the point where they said Jo Swinson basically telling 17.4million voters to swivel how could it have gone wrong.

  16. #2416

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    So, just as all the people who voted to leave the EU are thick, those people who voted for the Conservatives at this election are also thick.

    Of course - it’s all clear to me now. Obviously the way to cure these aberrations is to ditch democracy.
    To be absolutely fair, they weren’t All thick. Let’s face it though, when you hear some of the people collapse when they are asked what they mean about taking back control etc you have to wonder about how they arrived at their decisions. We all know about the bus and how that suckered people in. Perhaps thick is the wrong word? But the lack of desire to look beyond the crowd pleasing sound bite is very worrying. I don’t think it is stretching it to say that there are plenty of people out there who believe that Brexit will be done and dusted by the end of January.

  17. #2417

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    With you on this one. Such privileged times yet feel they live in oppression. Oppression isnít someone with right wing leanings talking at your uni.
    I think we need to remember that it's the loud and shout ones who are like this. I know quite a few young people that reject all this nonsense but they mostly keep their heads down for a quiet life.

  18. #2418

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    12,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Swinsonís gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.
    Swinson is gone because she led a party that called themselves democrats, but then decided not to honour the democratic vote in a referendum. I'm amazed that you don't realise that. And where did I express any particular position on the Union? That's right, I didn't.

  19. #2419

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    To be absolutely fair, they werenít All thick. Letís face it though, when you hear some of the people collapse when they are asked what they mean about taking back control etc you have to wonder about how they arrived at their decisions. We all know about the bus and how that suckered people in. Perhaps thick is the wrong word? But the lack of desire to look beyond the crowd pleasing sound bite is very worrying. I donít think it is stretching it to say that there are plenty of people out there who believe that Brexit will be done and dusted by the end of January.
    I'd consider the people touting the infallibility of Corbyn and preparing for a stonking victory to be much more "thick" considering how badly they have misjudged the public mood and equated twitter clicks to real life.

  20. #2420

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,322

    Default

    The Ďeveryone gets medalí generation really canít hack not getting their own way.

    Nice for some middle class toff to speak for the grafters out there...

    https://twitter.com/mrmasonmills/sta...69274180603905

  21. #2421

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The Ďeveryone gets medalí generation really canít hack not getting their own way.

    Nice for some middle class toff to speak for the grafters out there...

    https://twitter.com/mrmasonmills/sta...69274180603905
    No attempt at empathy, no understanding of why the working class have voted Conservative. Its like the Labour voters on here- voters are thick, uninformed or bigoted in their mind because they resolutely refused to vote the "right" way. It really is pathetic and its why they will keep losing.

  22. #2422

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The ‘everyone gets medal’ generation really can’t hack not getting their own way.

    Nice for some middle class toff to speak for the grafters out there...

    https://twitter.com/mrmasonmills/sta...69274180603905
    She might be treating your dissociative identity disorder one day, Brett.

  23. #2423

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    No attempt at empathy, no understanding of why the working class have voted Conservative. Its like the Labour voters on here- voters are thick, uninformed or bigoted in their mind because they resolutely refused to vote the "right" way. It really is pathetic and its why they will keep losing.
    Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?

  24. #2424

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?
    What did my point have to do with candidates?

  25. #2425

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,641
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    What did my point have to do with candidates?
    Exactly. This is a nobody activist -a stuck-up little princess FWIW- who is even less consequential and powerful than a prospective member of Parliament. So your point rings doubly true. People of all political persuasions say stupid things, amplified by social media, shocker. So what?

    Learn to walk the walk instead of getting caught out pal

  26. #2426

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?
    It seems that Rees-Mogg’s grossly insensitive comments about Grenfell have been forgotten already. He even managed to increase his vote.

  27. #2427

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Exactly. This is a nobody activist -a stuck-up little princess FWIW- who is even less consequential and powerful than a prospective member of Parliament. So your point rings doubly true. People of all political persuasions say stupid things, amplified by social media, shocker. So what?

    Learn to walk the walk instead of getting caught out pal
    Have you been on social media since the result? Did you watch newsnight? Have you been on here over the last few years? This attitude isn't confined to nobody activists, it's an example of a problem that has taken root in a large section of the Labour Party. It's why you have berks like John lansmann who doesn't think Labour need to change at all, they simply need to carry on with what they are doing and it's the electorate and Johnson that are wrong.

  28. #2428

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    West of Fareham
    Posts
    13,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Have you been on social media since the result? Did you watch newsnight? Have you been on here over the last few years? This attitude isn't confined to nobody activists, it's an example of a problem that has taken root in a large section of the Labour Party. It's why you have berks like John lansmann who doesn't think Labour need to change at all, they simply need to carry on with what they are doing and it's the electorate and Johnson that are wrong.
    I guess people have different political views, who would have thought?

  29. #2429

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    I guess people have different political views, who would have thought?
    Their different political views have given Labour their worst defeat in almost 100 years.

  30. #2430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Love the way she sat there and basically dismissed Jack Straw and the Labour he represents.

    That version of Labour would have got 400 seats the other day.
    By advocating for a second referendum? They would've lost even worse.

  31. #2431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It seems that Rees-Mogg’s grossly insensitive comments about Grenfell have been forgotten already. He even managed to increase his vote.
    And Grenfell's area turned back to Tory. Sickening.

  32. #2432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Not one person in this picture is now an MP. Wonderful




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agree with you there.

  33. #2433

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Incredible. These people are certifiably insane.

  34. #2434

    Default

    An interesting article.

    At the time of the referendum I remarked how Leavers wanted to leave with a passion. Remainers did not have their strength of feeling to remain.Witness for example Cameron's lacklustre approach to the EU at the referendum compared with the likes of Farage.

    Since 2016, Remainers have developed a sort of EU passion. Witness for example the various anti Brexit marches. On the whole however Remainers's passion still does not match the hatred of the EU felt by many Leavers.

    This article chimes with this view. Remainer Tories may want to stay in the EU but they would not desert the Tories if that meant putting that Marxist Corbyn in power. Labour Leavers with their hatred of the EU were much more prepared to desert their normal party if it meant leaving the EU.


    Labour lost its leavers while Tory remainers stayed loyal

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ory-landslide?

  35. #2435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Incredible. These people are certifiably insane.
    Is it really that different to what defeated Tory candidates have said in the past?

  36. #2436

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,560

    Default

    So I wonder who the next want to be Stalin / Mao will be?

  37. #2437

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,322

    Default

    The wise old sage speaks...


  38. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Is it really that different to what defeated Tory candidates have said in the past?
    John Major resigned immediately, William Hague resigned immediately, so yes it is different. No one apart from that cretin would put their name to such an article after such an abject humiliation.

  39. #2439

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamesaint View Post
    An interesting article.

    At the time of the referendum I remarked how Leavers wanted to leave with a passion. Remainers did not have their strength of feeling to remain.Witness for example Cameron's lacklustre approach to the EU at the referendum compared with the likes of Farage.

    Since 2016, Remainers have developed a sort of EU passion. Witness for example the various anti Brexit marches. On the whole however Remainers's passion still does not match the hatred of the EU felt by many Leavers.

    This article chimes with this view. Remainer Tories may want to stay in the EU but they would not desert the Tories if that meant putting that Marxist Corbyn in power. Labour Leavers with their hatred of the EU were much more prepared to desert their normal party if it meant leaving the EU.


    Labour lost its leavers while Tory remainers stayed loyal

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ory-landslide?
    Never under estimate the power of nationalism.

  40. #2440

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    22 Acacia Avenue
    Posts
    12,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It seems that Rees-Mogg’s grossly insensitive comments about Grenfell have been forgotten already. He even managed to increase his vote.
    Has he now emerged from the coffin he's been locked into for the election campaign ?

  41. #2441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    John Major resigned immediately, William Hague resigned immediately, so yes it is different. No one apart from that cretin would put their name to such an article after such an abject humiliation.
    Michael Howard?

  42. #2442

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Is it really that different to what defeated Tory candidates have said in the past?
    https://twitter.com/Ankcorn/status/1...149343233?s=19

  43. #2443

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The Ďeveryone gets medalí generation really canít hack not getting their own way.

    Nice for some middle class toff to speak for the grafters out there...

    https://twitter.com/mrmasonmills/sta...69274180603905
    Is the 'everyone gets a medal' thing to blame for EDL vile as well. There is vile on both sides, I thought you of all people would understand that.

    Reading the responses under the clip and it seems she is hated for her class as much as her views, so identity politics is alive and kicking on both sides of the argument. Who would have thought it.

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Michael Howard?
    I fu cking knew you'd come back with that.

    Resigned on the day, stayed on for a bit for the course of the leadership election.

    Of course Michael Howard began the turnaround in fortunes for the Conservatives eating into Blairs majority and he returned to the commons with 30 odd more seats than they started with. And he'd been leading for only 18 months.

    He never wrote an article saying he won the fu cking argument.

    Ed Miliband and Gordon Brown also resigned immediately but hey lets ignore all of those and focus on the one that is closest to what you want your little cretin to do because it turns out he won after all, his so called defeat was just mainstream media spin.
    Last edited by CB Fry; 15-12-2019 at 08:11 AM.

  45. #2445

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    Sounded like it to me - give all the big decisions to the ‘clever’ people.
    Thats not what he said at all was it. It is interesting that people who are fed up with the current situation, who would in past elections voted for change, instead voted for the incumbent government. The logic in the is interesting and will be something that political analysts will be looking into. To me it says a lot about how poor the alternative was and how fed up people were with the stale mate in parliament.

  46. #2446

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    Is the 'everyone gets a medal' thing to blame for EDL vile as well. There is vile on both sides, I thought you of all people would understand that.

    Reading the responses under the clip and it seems she is hated for her class as much as her views, so identity politics is alive and kicking on both sides of the argument. Who would have thought it.
    I expect its because she is criticising and insulting the working class whilst clearly not being working class herself. I'm not sure the working class are going to take too kindly to lectures from the likes of her

  47. #2447

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Garden of Engerland
    Posts
    4,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Is it really that different to what defeated Tory candidates have said in the past?
    Completely different. The Tories are addicted to power it's in their DNA, they see themselves as the party of government. They will take a deteat on the chin, walk away and tweak their offer to suit the electorate to get back into government.

    This left wing of the Labour Party is addicted to idoelogy, they see themselves as the party of the people and they see false honour in sticking by their principles. A defeat hits them badly and all they can do is scrabble around for fake reasons why their lost. Blind to the fact that your offer has to attractive to the electorate, and even more blind to the fact, as Jack Straw says that if you want to transform you have to be in power.

    An opportunity has been missed and the blame lies squarely at the door of Corbyn, Lansman and McCluskey.

  48. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    Completely different. The Tories are addicted to power it's in their DNA, they see themselves as the party of government. They will take a deteat on the chin, walk away and tweak their offer to suit the electorate to get back into government.

    This left wing of the Labour Party is addicted to idoelogy, they see themselves as the party of the people and they see false honour in sticking by their principles. A defeat hits them badly and all they can do is scrabble around for fake reasons why their lost. Blind to the fact that your offer has to attractive to the electorate, and even more blind to the fact, as Jack Straw says that if you want to transform you have to be in power.

    An opportunity has been missed and the blame lies squarely at the door of Corbyn, Lansman and McCluskey.
    Mcluskey is an unprincipled phoney masquerading as someone looking after his boys. Absolute cnt and cannot belief Unite members cannot see through him. Relic

  49. #2449

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh
    Posts
    13,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fan The Flames View Post
    Completely different. The Tories are addicted to power it's in their DNA, they see themselves as the party of government. They will take a deteat on the chin, walk away and tweak their offer to suit the electorate to get back into government.

    This left wing of the Labour Party is addicted to idoelogy, they see themselves as the party of the people and they see false honour in sticking by their principles. A defeat hits them badly and all they can do is scrabble around for fake reasons why their lost. Blind to the fact that your offer has to attractive to the electorate, and even more blind to the fact, as Jack Straw says that if you want to transform you have to be in power.

    An opportunity has been missed and the blame lies squarely at the door of Corbyn, Lansman and McCluskey.
    It was quite pitiful reading this morning that Corbyn feels proud to have won the argument. No he didn’t. He may have had better policies and more decency in his little finger than in the whole of the Tory front bench combined, but he was solidly wiped out by a used car salesman with a dodgy second hand slogan. That is not winning the argument. The opposition had one job and that was to prevent Johnson getting a working majority and they failed miserably. It wasn’t just the Labour Party that screwed it up, the LibDems played right into Johnson’s hands too. The opposition in this election were akin to Southampton’s defence. No teamwork. No cohesive strategy. Just let the opposition, no matter how poor, score soft goals. But at the end of the day it is the people who vote who make the decision, and it is very worrying that the people of this country have chosen Johnson over Corbyn. In the same way as the Americans went for Trump‘s populist, nationalistic guff, we have chosen to go down the same route. Well, some have chosen that route for the rest of us. Who said that turkeys don’t vote for Christmas?

  50. #2450

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    30,571
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sadoldgit View Post
    It was quite pitiful reading this morning that Corbyn feels proud to have won the argument. No he didnít. He may have had better policies and more decency in his little finger than in the whole of the Tory front bench combined, but he was solidly wiped out by a used car salesman with a dodgy second hand slogan. That is not winning the argument. The opposition had one job and that was to prevent Johnson getting a working majority and they failed miserably. It wasnít just the Labour Party that screwed it up, the LibDems played right into Johnsonís hands too. The opposition in this election were akin to Southamptonís defence. No teamwork. No cohesive strategy. Just let the opposition, no matter how poor, score soft goals. But at the end of the day it is the people who vote who make the decision, and it is very worrying that the people of this country have chosen Johnson over Corbyn. In the same way as the Americans went for TrumpĎs populist, nationalistic guff, we have chosen to go down the same route. Well, some have chosen that route for the rest of us. Who said that turkeys donít vote for Christmas?
    It's brilliant that the sensible British public have rejected corbyn and gone for Boris. A vastly superior choice and I'm proud of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •