• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Dear god.

Watching Newsnight, some dopey bird (who lost to IDS) claiming the “system is rigged”. Also claimed the media had demonised Corbyn, then started arguing with Jack Straw after he was shaking his head. Her final claim, the manifesto was so good , that people didn’t vote for it because they couldn’t believe it. Straw telling her he’d known Corbyn for years and he did “play footsie” with the IRA, and the bird told him “you’re using their lines”. The hatred of him was written all over her face.

These clowns are deluded.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just had a watch. What a hateful individual. If she was representative of the type of candidate Labour was fielding no wonder they were so unsuccessful. It's just bizarre that you'd demonise a statesman like Jack straw who was incredibly successful probably before this lady was even born. And the passive aggressive nature of "my name is faisa, faisal is a man's name." Truly awful people.

Just had a watch. What a hateful individual. If she was representative of the type of candidate Labour was fielding no wonder they were so unsuccessful. It's just bizarre that you'd demonise a statesman like Jack straw who was incredibly successful probably before this lady was even born. And the passive aggressive nature of "my name is faisa, faisal is a man's name." Truly awful people.

She is this type of Labour....

https://twitter.com/thejeremyvine/status/1205541877052792834

Loud-mouthed, belligerent, trade unionist type picking fights with his own reflection. Grotesque and whilst it goes down well with his Momentum base, the public despises this sort of thing. Edited by hypochondriac

The backlash is hilarious :lol:

Everything from the "system is wrong", the people have been "duped", the "media are against us" etc, etc, etc....

Hell, my (waspi) wife would have had a cheque for £20k in the post by now had Jezza gotten in but I still refused to vote for him !

Went down the pub last night, talked about Saints, Chelsea, even Brentford, it was nice to get back to reality, in fact Friday the 13th was a great day !

The backlash is hilarious [emoji38]

Everything from the "system is wrong", the people have been "duped", the "media are against us" etc, etc, etc....

Hell, my (waspi) wife would have had a cheque for £20k in the post by now had Jezza gotten in but I still refused to vote for him !

Went down the pub last night, talked about Saints, Chelsea, even Brentford, it was nice to get back to reality, in fact Friday the 13th was a great day !

The exact same remainers rehashing the same arguments because they only like democracy when it goes the way they want it to.

Dear god.

Watching Newsnight, some dopey bird (who lost to IDS) claiming the “system is rigged”. Also claimed the media had demonised Corbyn, then started arguing with Jack Straw after he was shaking his head. Her final claim, the manifesto was so good , that people didn’t vote for it because they couldn’t believe it. Straw telling her he’d known Corbyn for years and he did “play footsie” with the IRA, and the bird told him “you’re using their lines”. The hatred of him was written all over her face.

Just seen it. Horrific.

In summary when she's knocking doors and people are telling her they don't like Corbyn or what he stands for all she actually hears are helpless brainwashed saps who has accepted demonisation from the "meeja".

Utterly contemptuous of British people, totally dismissive of the Blair government (didn't have a transformative agenda apparently) and every single thing wrong with the entitled arrogant and utterly out of touch followers of the Cretin.

Make no mistake about the "period of reflection" and the conclusions that will be drawn. In summary - we're doing everything right. The electorate are to blame.

Just seen it. Horrific.

In summary when she's knocking doors and people are telling her they don't like Corbyn or what he stands for all she actually hears are helpless brainwashed saps who has accepted demonisation from the "meeja".

Utterly contemptuous of British people, totally dismissive of the Blair government (didn't have a transformative agenda apparently) and every single thing wrong with the entitled arrogant and utterly out of touch followers of the Cretin.

Make no mistake about the "period of reflection" and the conclusions that will be drawn. In summary - we're doing everything right. The electorate are to blame.

Well at least we can agree on something. I don't pay too much attention to twitter but reading some of the post-election tweets, it was difficult to find many that weren't entitled, deluded and hysterical. #scousenotenglish was the top trending # in the UK for a period yesterday. That's right, Scousers who were so, "disgusted to be English," that they had basically renounced their nationality and were proud to be Scouse for 'sticking to their principles'; Those principles apparently being voting for Labour regardless of logic or reason. They seem to be genuinely shocked and appalled that their 40 year old grudges against Thatcher weren't the top election priority for the rest of the country.

Maybe I'm generalising too much here but I have to question the attitudes of today's youth/student voters. There seems to be an overwhelming impression of 'I can't possibly be wrong'. Everyone gets a prize for taking part at sports day. If I'm failing my studies, it must be because the teachers aren't up to standard. If I don't get the job, there aren't better candidates, I'm being discriminated against. I'm non binary and if someone disagrees with me, they must be homophobic because I'm non binary. I'm definitely not wrong and did I mention I'm non binary. Anyone who voted Tory is being deceived by the media, anyone who voted leave MUST have believed what they read on the side of a bus. We should cancel Brexit because they clearly didn't understand what they were voting for. The votes are fixed, the system is fixed, etc.

It was McClusky from Unite who ensured Corbyn became leader with all those votes from his Union. Anybody in their right mind could see at the time that Corbyn was never PM material as he never even looked the part. What was it Cameron said at PMQ's once "Put on a suit, pull your tie up and sing God Save the Queen".

It is a shame but image is everything now, not substance. What do you do to get elected? Do and say anything that you think the people want to hear (get Brexit done - make America great again) or stick to your principles and hope that you can win the people over with your arguments? It didn’t work for Labour and the LibDems here and it didn’t work for the Democrats in the US. It seems the best plan is to get yourself a performing monkey and give it a simple sound bite to repeat ad nauseum. I heard one political commentator say that Labour had too much on the table and that their message got diluted because there was too much to take in. It doesn’t say much for the British public if they can only manage to absorb three words in a couple of months. I know we are not allowed to call the British public thick, but when you hear some of the reasons that some of the undecided finally decided on voting Tory, it does make you wonder. One lady said she was impressed by the plan to put 20,000 police back on the streets, completely missing the point that it was the Tories that removed them in the first place and that the figure would still not reach the numbers of 2010. Whilst the Tories on here are crowing and gloating, I have friends and neighbours who work in the NHS, local schools and public services who are all absolutely gutted. How is the country supposed to reunite when you have people clearly rejoicing in the misery of others?

It is a shame but image is everything now, not substance. What do you do to get elected? Do and say anything that you think the people want to hear (get Brexit done - make America great again) or stick to your principles and hope that you can win the people over with your arguments? It didn’t work for Labour and the LibDems here and it didn’t work for the Democrats in the US. It seems the best plan is to get yourself a performing monkey and give it a simple sound bite to repeat ad nauseum. I heard one political commentator say that Labour had too much on the table and that their message got diluted because there was too much to take in. It doesn’t say much for the British public if they can only manage to absorb three words in a couple of months. I know we are not allowed to call the British public thick, but when you hear some of the reasons that some of the undecided finally decided on voting Tory, it does make you wonder. One lady said she was impressed by the plan to put 20,000 police back on the streets, completely missing the point that it was the Tories that removed them in the first place and that the figure would still not reach the numbers of 2010. Whilst the Tories on here are crowing and gloating, I have friends and neighbours who work in the NHS, local schools and public services who are all absolutely gutted. How is the country supposed to reunite when you have people clearly rejoicing in the misery of others?

Refuse to accept Jeremy’s resignation of course.

Actually I think that’s what will happen - and he ain’t going anywhere.

You say the British public are thick after trumpeting Corbyn on here and his policies that were in no way able to be fulfilled. A man who does not love my country and flies against most decent peoples principles. A man so full of his own importance has not done the decent thing by resigning immediately. The people who left Labour for the Tories were not rich, but fed up/embarrassed of the party that they usually voted for. Frankly those people in the NHS and teachers etc may be upset but they will come out of the election pretty well as BJ will have to spend on their services, and I fully expect him to do so.

Reading about the protestors saying they dont recognise Boris as PM, when will these left thinking people finally accept what democracy is, and shows me how lucky we are that these are not behind the driving wheel of our nation. They would crush anyone else without a second thought

Well at least we can agree on something. I don't pay too much attention to twitter but reading some of the post-election tweets, it was difficult to find many that weren't entitled, deluded and hysterical. #scousenotenglish was the top trending # in the UK for a period yesterday. That's right, Scousers who were so, "disgusted to be English," that they had basically renounced their nationality and were proud to be Scouse for 'sticking to their principles'; Those principles apparently being voting for Labour regardless of logic or reason. They seem to be genuinely shocked and appalled that their 40 year old grudges against Thatcher weren't the top election priority for the rest of the country.

Maybe I'm generalising too much here but I have to question the attitudes of today's youth/student voters. There seems to be an overwhelming impression of 'I can't possibly be wrong'. Everyone gets a prize for taking part at sports day. If I'm failing my studies, it must be because the teachers aren't up to standard. If I don't get the job, there aren't better candidates, I'm being discriminated against. I'm non binary and if someone disagrees with me, they must be homophobic because I'm non binary. I'm definitely not wrong and did I mention I'm non binary. Anyone who voted Tory is being deceived by the media, anyone who voted leave MUST have believed what they read on the side of a bus. We should cancel Brexit because they clearly didn't understand what they were voting for. The votes are fixed, the system is fixed, etc.

When I contrast our shouting, scruffy, self entitled students, who hide away from debate in 'safe spaces', with the students in Hong Kong, who are fighting so bravely for what these idiots already take for granted, I cringe.

Dear god.

The amount of people saying the manifesto was brilliant, is mental.

I can do a better manifesto right now. Here we go:

- no tax for anyone who isn't a fat cat

- loads of tax for fat cats

- nationalise everything and make it brilliant

- fix the climate

- everyone to be nice to everyone

- stop the war

- two day working week

- loads of public spending

- re Brexit; let's just see what happens.

It's all fully costed apart from the bits that aren't.

There you go. Hell of a manifesto.

I was waiting for a hospital appointment yesterday afternoon and overheard a cleaner and a receptionist discussing the election. The cleaner said "I voted for Boris because things can't possibly get any worse than what they are now can they".

While I understand why many people were not too enamoured with the Labour leadership, some of the moronic reasons I have heard/seen people come out with for voting Tory are disheartening to say the least.

The fact that such an obvious charlatan as Johnson can manage to convince so many working class people that he actually gives a **** about their life prospects is a sad indication that elections can be swayed by PR instead of substance.

I know that you have a very low opinion of the intelligence of the electorate, but that isn't an excuse for attempting to ignore the decisions taken by them in the democratic process and then act as if it is some huge surprise that they then throw out those arrogant know it all politicians at the very next opportunity. The only misery of others that I rejoice at, is for the likes of Grieve, Soubry, Wollaston, Gauke, Umunna, and those others who dishonestly stood on manifestos which they subsequently ignored, and who then left the party they stood for to join other parties without having the decency to put themselves up for re-election when they changed allegiances. Thankfully they have all lost their seats, and serve them right. The party which decided it was a good idea to ignore the referendum vote and act as if it hadn't happened, also saw their representation in the House reduced, together with the loss of their leader. The main opposition party achieved their worst election result ever. Was that because the electorate were too thick to understand all the wonderful things they proposed, or because they had lost touch with their traditional support base, which had also voted to leave the EU and felt that they had not been listened to?

You typify the lefties, who believe that the way to finance the NHS, education, social services, housing etc, is by attempting to massively increase taxation of the wealthy, who are often the wealth creators making the economy strong and employing millions. Under a government like Corbyn's, they would remove themselves and their money out of the country reducing the taxation revenue and increasing unemployment. A fair taxation system incentivises individual effort and increases the profitability of business and companies, which can then invest, increase employment, raise more taxation revenue, which can then be channelled into investment in the NHS, education, housing, social services, etc.

It is indeed ironic that you imply that large sections of the electorate are thick, whilst you yourself cannot comprehend the damage that a Corbyn Government propped up by the SNP would do to our economy.

- fix the climate

- stop the war

- two day working week

I'm in

I was waiting for a hospital appointment yesterday afternoon and overheard a cleaner and a receptionist discussing the election. The cleaner said "I voted for Boris because things can't possibly get any worse than what they are now can they".

While I understand why many people were not too enamoured with the Labour leadership, some of the moronic reasons I have heard/seen people come out with for voting Tory are disheartening to say the least.

The fact that such an obvious charlatan as Johnson can manage to convince so many working class people that he actually gives a **** about their life prospects is a sad indication that elections can be swayed by PR instead of substance.

So, just as all the people who voted to leave the EU are thick, those people who voted for the Conservatives at this election are also thick.

Of course - it’s all clear to me now. Obviously the way to cure these aberrations is to ditch democracy.

When I contrast our shouting, scruffy, self entitled students, who hide away from debate in 'safe spaces', with the students in Hong Kong, who are fighting so bravely for what these idiots already take for granted, I cringe.

With you on this one. Such privileged times yet feel they live in oppression. Oppression isn’t someone with right wing leanings talking at your uni.

- fix the climate

- stop the war

- two day working week

I imagine their spin fella is yelling the line the ‘manifesto was brilliant’ as they are all saying it.

So out of touch

And why is there nothing about broadband in yours? That’s what my Jewish friends are concerned about.

I imagine their spin fella is yelling the line the ‘manifesto was brilliant’ as they are all saying it.

So out of touch

And why is there nothing about broadband in yours? That’s what my Jewish friends are concerned about.

My Jewish mates were all over that free broadband - would have done wonders for scaling up their budding media empires.

And the notable absentees who have joined them are Grieve, Gauke, Swinson, Letwin and Bercow. Good times.

Swinson’s gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.

Swinson’s gone because the SNP have effectively swept Scotland. But hey who cares about the beginning the end of the Union if it means the back of Jo Swinson.

Aye the childish gloating shows up these fckers. Like they’re so invested rather than they just can’t cope with an opinion that differs from theirs.

So, just as all the people who voted to leave the EU are thick, those people who voted for the Conservatives at this election are also thick.

Of course - it’s all clear to me now. Obviously the way to cure these aberrations is to ditch democracy.

That's not what I said at all is it.

but they haven't, yes they did wonderfully but Tories won seats. She was the leader of her party and couldn't even convince her own people in her constituency. Listen to the episode of Dead Ringers the satire show on BBC iplayer. It was a brilliant show and it hit the point where they said Jo Swinson basically telling 17.4million voters to swivel how could it have gone wrong.

To be absolutely fair, they weren’t All thick. Let’s face it though, when you hear some of the people collapse when they are asked what they mean about taking back control etc you have to wonder about how they arrived at their decisions. We all know about the bus and how that suckered people in. Perhaps thick is the wrong word? But the lack of desire to look beyond the crowd pleasing sound bite is very worrying. I don’t think it is stretching it to say that there are plenty of people out there who believe that Brexit will be done and dusted by the end of January.

With you on this one. Such privileged times yet feel they live in oppression. Oppression isn’t someone with right wing leanings talking at your uni.
I think we need to remember that it's the loud and shout ones who are like this. I know quite a few young people that reject all this nonsense but they mostly keep their heads down for a quiet life.

Swinson is gone because she led a party that called themselves democrats, but then decided not to honour the democratic vote in a referendum. I'm amazed that you don't realise that. And where did I express any particular position on the Union? That's right, I didn't. :rolleyes:

To be absolutely fair, they weren’t All thick. Let’s face it though, when you hear some of the people collapse when they are asked what they mean about taking back control etc you have to wonder about how they arrived at their decisions. We all know about the bus and how that suckered people in. Perhaps thick is the wrong word? But the lack of desire to look beyond the crowd pleasing sound bite is very worrying. I don’t think it is stretching it to say that there are plenty of people out there who believe that Brexit will be done and dusted by the end of January.
I'd consider the people touting the infallibility of Corbyn and preparing for a stonking victory to be much more "thick" considering how badly they have misjudged the public mood and equated twitter clicks to real life.

The ‘everyone gets medal’ generation really can’t hack not getting their own way.

Nice for some middle class toff to speak for the grafters out there...

No attempt at empathy, no understanding of why the working class have voted Conservative. Its like the Labour voters on here- voters are thick, uninformed or bigoted in their mind because they resolutely refused to vote the "right" way. It really is pathetic and its why they will keep losing.

No attempt at empathy, no understanding of why the working class have voted Conservative. Its like the Labour voters on here- voters are thick, uninformed or bigoted in their mind because they resolutely refused to vote the "right" way. It really is pathetic and its why they will keep losing.

Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?

What did my point have to do with candidates?

Exactly. This is a nobody activist -a stuck-up little princess FWIW- who is even less consequential and powerful than a prospective member of Parliament. So your point rings doubly true. People of all political persuasions say stupid things, amplified by social media, shocker. So what?

Learn to walk the walk instead of getting caught out pal :lol:

Every election you get a slew of candidates from all political persuasions who do and say stupid things. We've had a ton already including it seems this one from all colours and it's been exacerbated with things like twitter. What's your point?

It seems that Rees-Mogg’s grossly insensitive comments about Grenfell have been forgotten already. He even managed to increase his vote.

Exactly. This is a nobody activist -a stuck-up little princess FWIW- who is even less consequential and powerful than a prospective member of Parliament. So your point rings doubly true. People of all political persuasions say stupid things, amplified by social media, shocker. So what?

Learn to walk the walk instead of getting caught out pal [emoji38]

Have you been on social media since the result? Did you watch newsnight? Have you been on here over the last few years? This attitude isn't confined to nobody activists, it's an example of a problem that has taken root in a large section of the Labour Party. It's why you have berks like John lansmann who doesn't think Labour need to change at all, they simply need to carry on with what they are doing and it's the electorate and Johnson that are wrong.

Have you been on social media since the result? Did you watch newsnight? Have you been on here over the last few years? This attitude isn't confined to nobody activists, it's an example of a problem that has taken root in a large section of the Labour Party. It's why you have berks like John lansmann who doesn't think Labour need to change at all, they simply need to carry on with what they are doing and it's the electorate and Johnson that are wrong.

I guess people have different political views, who would have thought?

An interesting article.

At the time of the referendum I remarked how Leavers wanted to leave with a passion. Remainers did not have their strength of feeling to remain.Witness for example Cameron's lacklustre approach to the EU at the referendum compared with the likes of Farage.

Since 2016, Remainers have developed a sort of EU passion. Witness for example the various anti Brexit marches. On the whole however Remainers's passion still does not match the hatred of the EU felt by many Leavers.

This article chimes with this view. Remainer Tories may want to stay in the EU but they would not desert the Tories if that meant putting that Marxist Corbyn in power. Labour Leavers with their hatred of the EU were much more prepared to desert their normal party if it meant leaving the EU.

Labour lost its leavers while Tory remainers stayed loyal

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/13/conservatives-bridge-brexit-divide-tory-landslide?