1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Indeed. Certain people on here don't realise that when they continually slag off Johnson or the Tories and say how horrendous they are, it makes it even more humiliating that Labour can't beat them.

I am not sure that Corbyn ever wants to become Prime Minister. Until 2015 his whole career had been one of protest. He has his principles and keeping them is more important to him than power. He would rather lead a political party that stuck to these principles than a Government.

Under him Labour is a political movement rather than a party capable of Government. The ironic thing is that by sticking to these principles he will help to elect a right wing government.

When Miliband stood down as Labour leader in 2015 it was almost unthinkable to see Corbyn as leader. He only appeared on the leadership ballot paper at the last minute when several mps put his name forward as they felt that it would be good for the left wing of the party to be heard in the leadership debate. They didn't really want him as leader. Boy, I bet they regret their actions now.

Which doesn't alter the facts of the assessment of the tories.

Exactly. It’s the usual deflection. It doesn’t make the Tories less odious and unpalatable just because they still have plenty of support. Trump could get re-elected, doesn’t make him any less dreadful. It just speaks volumes about the people who them in despite their awfulness. The current governing party should be able to say vote for us because of our fantastic record over the last 9 years. It speaks volumes that the current bloke is trying to distance himself from their abysmal record. Brexit is clearly playing a big part in this election which is why the broken record of “Get Brexit done” is driving sane people crazy. Still, there are signs of hope. Johnson has had to call off visits to several towns due to protests. With luck both him and the equally odious Rees-Mogg will lose their seats. Johnson doesn’t even have the bottle to be interviewed by Andrew Neil. How is he supposed to negotiate a decent trade deal with Trump?

Exactly. It’s the usual deflection. It doesn’t make the Tories less odious and unpalatable just because they still have plenty of support. Trump could get re-elected, doesn’t make him any less dreadful. It just speaks volumes about the people who them in despite their awfulness. The current governing party should be able to say vote for us because of our fantastic record over the last 9 years. It speaks volumes that the current bloke is trying to distance himself from their abysmal record. Brexit is clearly playing a big part in this election which is why the broken record of “Get Brexit done” is driving sane people crazy. Still, there are signs of hope. Johnson has had to call off visits to several towns due to protests. With luck both him and the equally odious Rees-Mogg will lose their seats. Johnson doesn’t even have the bottle to be interviewed by Andrew Neil. How is he supposed to negotiate a decent trade deal with Trump?

you seem to think Hypo was deflecting something. I believe he has consistently stated that this Tory set up is very poor. Yet Labour are going to lose out again, which will be one of the worst defeats in post-war politics in his country.

The problem for Labour is not convincing people like you (floating voter my arse) or jonnyboy but genuine floating voters who have concerns about brexit, immigration and jobs. People like Jonnyboy would tell these sorts to **** off and vote Tory....well, it appears they are going to.

as said on Marr, Labour used to be for the working class. Now it is for the younger generation and the lefty elite.

Edited by Batman

I am not sure that Corbyn ever wants to become Prime Minister. Until 2015 his whole career had been one of protest. He has his principles and keeping them is more important to him than power. He would rather lead a political party that stuck to these principles than a Government.

Under him Labour is a political movement rather than a party capable of Government. The ironic thing is that by sticking to these principles he will help to elect a right wing government.

When Miliband stood down as Labour leader in 2015 it was almost unthinkable to see Corbyn as leader. He only appeared on the leadership ballot paper at the last minute when several mps put his name forward as they felt that it would be good for the left wing of the party to be heard in the leadership debate. They didn't really want him as leader. Boy, I bet they regret their actions now.

But we are told by the people who vote for Johnson that it is about the policies and not the person. In which case why vote for the party who have caused record levels of child poverty, food banks, record homelessness, the systematic failure of public services, the underfunding of the NHS etc. etc? If people feel that strongly about Corbyn and his party’s politics there are other parties to vote for apart from the failed Tory party.

The facts are that Labour are most likely going to lose this election and they certainly won't be getting a majority. What the Tories are like is utterly irrelevant to this. Labour will have failed to win an election again and yet the same people are still banging on about Johnson and the Tories. Maybe do sometjibg useful instead and campaign to turn Labour into something that people actually want to vote for and a party that could command a majority. The Tories are poor and yet look set to win and the response by Labour voters and the party is not to be introspective and look at changing, its to slag off the electorate, pretend they have been brainwashed and plough on with this failed campaign.

Edited by hypochondriac

I'm pleased to see that your sense of humour is in fine fettle this morning. :lol: Corbyn is so principled that despite having been one of the Labour Party's biggest Euro-sceptics throughout his entire political career until he became leader, he finds himself now being driven towards the party policy to remain in the EU, most of his shadow cabinet being pro-EU. If he was truly a man of such firm principle and totally disinterested in power, why wouldn't he resign as a matter of principle? Other politicians from both main parties have done so, but not our Jeremy. His priority, and that of his sidekick McDonnell that overrides his Euro-scepticism is the opportunity to impose their brand of Marxism on the country.

I think Corbyn would **** up government and make a mess of things through misguided ideals and desire to do the right thing, ignoring all common sense that stands in the way and he'd make a lasting mess of the country.

I think Johnson will **** up the country because he genuinely doesn't really care what happens to people. He just wants to be a famous career politician and the whole thing has been a game to him since he was old enough to talk. He takes your lives as seriously as you take the lives of bystanders in a video game.

What a ****ing choice. I don't see how any of you are such cheerleaders for either.

I think Corbyn would **** up government and make a mess of things through misguided ideals and desire to do the right thing, ignoring all common sense that stands in the way and he'd make a lasting mess of the country.

I think Johnson will **** up the country because he genuinely doesn't really care what happens to people. He just wants to be a famous career politician and the whole thing has been a game to him since he was old enough to talk. He takes your lives as seriously as you take the lives of bystanders in a video game.

What a ****ing choice. I don't see how any of you are such cheerleaders for either.

I’m not sure that ideals to provide a society that is fair for everybody is misguided and please don’t tell me that he will do any worse than the last shower have done for the last decade. We desperately need a change of direction and a change of focus. We will not get that from a Johnson led government. It is time for our country to show that we are not a mini me American and when given a choice we will reject small minded selfishness over a vision that we really are in it all together. One nation doesn’t mean what Johnson and Cummings would have you believe. Theirs are the politics of those who are ok just looking after themselves. Vote for Johnson and in 5 years time we will still be talking about the same issues that we have surrounding poverty. Get him and his party out and we have a chance to do something about it. At last.

I’m not sure that ideals to provide a society that is fair for everybody is misguided and please don’t tell me that he will do any worse than the last shower have done for the last decade. We desperately need a change of direction and a change of focus. We will not get that from a Johnson led government. It is time for our country to show that we are not a mini me American and when given a choice we will reject small minded selfishness over a vision that we really are in it all together. One nation doesn’t mean what Johnson and Cummings would have you believe. Theirs are the politics of those who are ok just looking after themselves. Vote for Johnson and in 5 years time we will still be talking about the same issues that we have surrounding poverty. Get him and his party out and we have a chance to do something about it. At last.

How's that whole swing voter thing going?

How's that whole swing voter thing going?
Amazing isn't it. Even faced with a Labour loss or a minority government at the very best, the answer is to double down and continue with the denial about how rubbish Labour's policies are. It's just repeating the mantra that Corbyn is virtuous, his politics will lead to success and anyone who votes Conservative is heartless and doesn't care about other people. Well the public already rejected that once and if the polls are correct they will be rejecting it once again so the ball is in labour's court again if that happens. Double down once again and hope it works a third time?

I'm pleased to see that your sense of humour is in fine fettle this morning. :lol: Corbyn is so principled that despite having been one of the Labour Party's biggest Euro-sceptics throughout his entire political career until he became leader, he finds himself now being driven towards the party policy to remain in the EU, most of his shadow cabinet being pro-EU. If he was truly a man of such firm principle and totally disinterested in power, why wouldn't he resign as a matter of principle? Other politicians from both main parties have done so, but not our Jeremy. His priority, and that of his sidekick McDonnell that overrides his Euro-scepticism is the opportunity to impose their brand of Marxism on the country.

As your old mate Duckie would say ... what a load if old pony.

Are you really suggesting that once he got his hands on the leadership of the Labour party that Corbyn should resign ? Which other party leader has ever resigned because his party and he differed over a policy?

He sees himself in a position where he can shape the Labour party for decades to come. He will do his best / has done his best to change his party's Brexit position from within. Not have a hissy and resign.. That is how politics works once you become leader. It is naive to expect politicians to do otherwise.

Look at the growth of Momentum within the Labour party. To him , after his years in the political wilderness rebelling against the likes of Blair,changing the focus of his party is more important than Government.

As your old mate Duckie would say ... what a load if old pony.

Are you really suggesting that once he got his hands on the leadership of the Labour party that Corbyn should resign ? Which other party leader has ever resigned because his party and he differed over a policy?

He sees himself in a position where he can shape the Labour party for decades to come. He will do his best / has done his best to change his party's Brexit position from within. Not have a hissy and resign.. That is how politics works once you become leader. It is naive to expect politicians to do otherwise.

Look at the growth of Momentum within the Labour party. To him , after his years in the political wilderness rebelling against the likes of Blair,changing the focus of his party is more important than Government.

I am grateful to you for shooting down your own argument. Thanks for confirming that the most important thing for Corbyn now is power over principle. What a fine job he has done trying to change his party's position on our EU membership from within. Labour has gone from a manifesto promise that they would honour the referendum result, to a current position that they will now adopt a policy of trying to renegotiate the EU deal completely to make it BRINO and then put that deal to the electorate against remain. Corbyn is such a man of principle, that he can't even tell us whether he will even support that deal that his own party would arrange. He really is pathetic.

The naivety is all yours for believing that after decades in the political wilderness as a leftie maverick, that he wouldn't kiss goodbye to the main policy on which he rebelled, our EU membership, in order to get his hands on the keys to Number 10. Should he find himself in that position on Friday 13th, there is no way that he can stop us remaining on the EU and probably being forced into another Scottish referendum to boot.

I am grateful to you for shooting down your own argument. Thanks for confirming that the most important thing for Corbyn now is power over principle. What a fine job he has done trying to change his party's position on our EU membership from within. Labour has gone from a manifesto promise that they would honour the referendum result, to a current position that they will now adopt a policy of trying to renegotiate the EU deal completely to make it BRINO and then put that deal to the electorate against remain. Corbyn is such a man of principle, that he can't even tell us whether he will even support that deal that his own party would arrange. He really is pathetic.

The naivety is all yours for believing that after decades in the political wilderness as a leftie maverick, that he wouldn't kiss goodbye to the main policy on which he rebelled, our EU membership, in order to get his hands on the keys to Number 10. Should he find himself in that position on Friday 13th, there is no way that he can stop us remaining on the EU and probably being forced into another Scottish referendum to boot.

What are you wittering on about you doddering fool.

Lets be clear - and you've been told before Les- the 2017 Labour Manifesto explicitly rejected no deal. Its ambition was always to secure a deal that protected manufacturing jobs dependent on just-in-time production as well as worker and environmental standards.

Lets also be clear: leaving the EU is not the only principle that matters to Corbyn. Given the huge portfolio and policy levers that come with being PM -health, education, fiscal policy and public expenditure, monetary policy, income tax, corporation tax and capital gains tax, pensions, welfare, local government, national policing and criminal justice, media regulation etc- I suspect its pretty much secondary. Whether you agree with them or not, there is no contradiction between power and principles (quite the opposite) if it enables Corbyn to tackle inequality and poverty, invest in public services and reshape the economy. There's a big world out there pal - something which is admittedly difficult for you to compute given your blinkered, one track obsession with Brexit.

Edited by shurlock

Got to laugh at the lefties on here bemoaning Labour being led by Corbyn, who will then go out & vote for him. Don’t you realise that anything other than utter humiliation will result in a “one more heave” strategy from the hard left. Just as there are plums like Paul Mason still claiming a more left wing approach would have won in ‘17, there will be momentum losers calling for more left wing policies. They just won’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to laugh at the lefties on here bemoaning Labour being led by Corbyn, who will then go out & vote for him. Don’t you realise that anything other than utter humiliation will result in a “one more heave” strategy from the hard left. Just as there are plums like Paul Mason still claiming a more left wing approach would have won in ‘17, there will be momentum losers calling for more left wing policies. They just won’t get it.

I swear you never used to be so thick.

What do you think the strategy for Labour will be if they lose? Because it seems clear to me that many in the party will push for further left policies rather than changing and becoming more electable.
If Johnson gets an overall majority (God help us) there will be a bitter period of infighting and I guess Corbyn will be kicked out. I doubt he'll walk.

If Labour were to be the biggest party (I don't think so) he'll stay on but will struggle to get anyone to work with him.

If the Tories are the biggest party with no majority, no-one will work with them, but they'll still try to run a minority government. To stop that, Labour would have to ditch Corbyn. With a new leader, SNP and LibDems would probation prop up a government pledged to a new referendum.

Well, that's my guess anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What do you think the strategy for Labour will be if they lose? Because it seems clear to me that many in the party will push for further left policies rather than changing and becoming more electable.

The question is whether this will happen any way or whether it is dependent on the scale of any potential Labour loss. Some would argue that recent reforms have made the party much more member-led, so its fate will be in the hands of activists regardless of the GE result.

Its also very simplistic to think "anything other than utter humiliation will result in a “one more heave” strategy from the hard left". From experience, party leaderships will hire an army of psephologists, consultants and analysts to carry out a postmortem that will be able to distinguish the Corbyn effect from the anything-but-Johnson effect -if Corbyn's unpopularity is somehow masked by opposition to Johnson, it will come out in the ensuing analysis. The lessons will be there for those who choose to heed them.

Edited by shurlock

If Johnson gets an overall majority (God help us) there will be a bitter period of infighting and I guess Corbyn will be kicked out. I doubt he'll walk.

The Corbyn wing of the party have taken over pretty much all the levers of power within the party. If it was just a question of Corbyn, there wouldn’t be such an issue. The right of the party have been routed, the membership will elect another raging leftie and their policies will match. It’ll be a bird, because “it’s about time”.

They seem absolutely unable to comprehend that Red Tory or Blairette shouldn’t be an insult but a strategy. If Boris wins, by the time of the next election it’ll be near on half a century since anyone other than Blair won an election. The country (England in particular) is far to the right of where these clowns think it is.

What are you wittering on about you doddering fool.

Lets be clear - and you've been told before Les- the 2017 Labour Manifesto explicitly rejected no deal. Its ambition was always to secure a deal that protected manufacturing jobs dependent on just-in-time production as well as worker and environmental standards.

Lets also be clear: leaving the EU is not the only principle that matters to Corbyn. Given the huge portfolio and policy levers that come with being PM -health, education, fiscal policy and public expenditure, monetary policy, income tax, corporation tax and capital gains tax, pensions, welfare, local government, national policing and criminal justice, media regulation etc- I suspect its pretty much secondary. Whether you agree with them or not, there is no contradiction between power and principles (quite the opposite) if it enables Corbyn to tackle inequality and poverty, invest in public services and reshape the economy. There's a big world out there pal - something which is admittedly difficult for you to compute given your blinkered, one track obsession with Brexit.

I'm sure that Tamesaint will be grateful to you answering on his behalf, but no doubt he acknowledges your psychological need to vent your spleen with your mandatory insults as your daily release valve. Feel better?

The Labour manifesto stated that it accepted the referendum result, then did everything they could to avoid supporting the implementation of it, including taking over the Commons procedures to stop it. Many Labour leave voters feel betrayed by their party and by Corbyn over this. As you know, two thirds of Constituencies, including a majority of Labour ones, returned MPs who voted to remain, when their constituencies voted leave. They will now face the wrath of the electorate they betrayed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47420525

You're entitled to your opinion over whether you believe that Corbyn has ridden roughshod over his principles in the interest of gaining the keys to Number 10. Of course, only he knows truly whether he has had his head turned and that ditching his lifelong desire for us to leave the EU is now a secondary concern behind running a Marxist government and implementing the usual mass control of everything by the state, and ensuring that they continue in government, fixing subsequent elections by lowering the voting age and allowing resident non-British citizens to vote.

There's no need to be so bloody arrogant in pointing out that there's a big world out there. I've visited lots of it during my life and wish us to expand our trade with it unfettered by the restrictions that being in the EU place upon us. You obsessive remoaners are incapable of imagining the vast opportunities we could face when we leave the sclerotic and failing EU and have the gall to call we Brexiteers blinkered.

I'm sure that Tamesaint will be grateful to you answering on his behalf, but no doubt he acknowledges your psychological need to vent your spleen with your mandatory insults as your daily release valve. Feel better?

The Labour manifesto stated that it accepted the referendum result, then did everything they could to avoid supporting the implementation of it, including taking over the Commons procedures to stop it. Many Labour leave voters feel betrayed by their party and by Corbyn over this. As you know, two thirds of Constituencies, including a majority of Labour ones, returned MPs who voted to remain, when their constituencies voted leave. They will now face the wrath of the electorate they betrayed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47420525

You're entitled to your opinion over whether you believe that Corbyn has ridden roughshod over his principles in the interest of gaining the keys to Number 10. Of course, only he knows truly whether he has had his head turned and that ditching his lifelong desire for us to leave the EU is now a secondary concern behind running a Marxist government and implementing the usual mass control of everything by the state, and ensuring that they continue in government, fixing subsequent elections by lowering the voting age and allowing resident non-British citizens to vote.

There's no need to be so bloody arrogant in pointing out that there's a big world out there. I've visited lots of it during my life and wish us to expand our trade with it unfettered by the restrictions that being in the EU place upon us. You obsessive remoaners are incapable of imagining the vast opportunities we could face when we leave the sclerotic and failing EU and have the gall to call we Brexiteers blinkered.

I am on my way back from Newcastle and have only just read your latest posts. You talk about Shurlock's psychological issues. I am surprised that you haven't taken my advice about leaving this forum until election day. Your blood pressure must be suffering along with your mental health.

I see that you are now playing the Brexiteers's "big wide world" card so beloved by the likes of David Davis and Liam Fox. Remind me again, how many trade deals did these 2 chumps say would be in place as soon as we left the EU ... and how many are in place.

I am on my way back from Newcastle and have only just read your latest posts. You talk about Shurlock's psychological issues. I am surprised that you haven't taken my advice about leaving this forum until election day. Your blood pressure must be suffering along with your mental health.

I see that you are now playing the Brexiteers's "big wide world" card so beloved by the likes of David Davis and Liam Fox. Remind me again, how many trade deals did these 2 chumps say would be in place as soon as we left the EU ... and how many are in place.

Your concern for my health is really touching, but you have nothing to worry about, I'm totally sanguine about the whole thing. As I've said many times before, I've been up for this since Maastricht, so I can be a little bit more patient. Tell me, when did Brexit take place? I thought that we couldn't sign any trade deals until we had left.

I thought that we couldn't sign any trade deals until we had left.

Wrong. We have already agreed to 'roll over' existing deals with such trading powers as the Faroe Isles, Kosovo, Leichtenstein, the Palestinian Authority, Fiji, and Papua New Guinea;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries-in-a-no-deal-brexit

Edited by badgerx16

The Corbyn wing of the party have taken over pretty much all the levers of power within the party. If it was just a question of Corbyn, there wouldn’t be such an issue. The right of the party have been routed, the membership will elect another raging leftie and their policies will match. It’ll be a bird, because “it’s about time”.

They seem absolutely unable to comprehend that Red Tory or Blairette shouldn’t be an insult but a strategy. If Boris wins, by the time of the next election it’ll be near on half a century since anyone other than Blair won an election. The country (England in particular) is far to the right of where these clowns think it is.

Finally we agree on something Duckie. This country is fat too right wing. Fortunately the young people seem to have a more socially responsible attitude so the future looks brighter. I just hope I live long enough to see things improve.

Wrong. We have already agreed to 'roll over' existing deals with such trading powers as the Faroe Isles, Kosovo, Leichtenstein, the Palestinian Authority, Fiji, and Papua New Guinea;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-trade-agreements-with-non-eu-countries-in-a-no-deal-brexit

So Liam Fox was wildly over optimistic when he said that 40 trade deals would be in place as soon as Brexit happened.... and his successor that brainbox Liz Truss has proved to be just as hopeless in getting deals.

Who would believe it?? Brexiteer ministers proving to be incompetent and being out of touch with the real world.

Finally we agree on something Duckie. This country is fat too right wing. Fortunately the young people seem to have a more socially responsible attitude so the future looks brighter. I just hope I live long enough to see things improve.
They'll grow up and realise the folly of hard left policies soon enough.

It was the lack of unity in 17. If the whole party had actually got behind the leadership it would have been a better result, same this year.

It was the lack of unity in 17. If the whole party had actually got behind the leadership it would have been a better result, same this year.
I'm sorry but you're talking absolute deluded nonsense, akin to saying "if we all just believed a bit more then we can make it happen." A majority of the electorate don't like your leader, they don't like the extremism and thats why Labour won't be getting a majority and that would be the case however many true believers you have singing from the corbyn hymn sheet.

I'm sorry but you're talking absolute deluded nonsense, akin to saying "if we all just believed a bit more then we can make it happen." A majority of the electorate don't like your leader, they don't like the extremism and thats why Labour won't be getting a majority and that would be the case however many true believers you have singing from the corbyn hymn sheet.

Says the man whose opinion is fact #trulydeluded

So it begins.

There are countless momentum nut jobs who just can’t see the bleeding obvious. Corbyn is unelectable, not because of a lack of unity or “Red Tories”, but because he’s an incompetent, tin pot Wolfe Smith. But more importantly, people won’t vote for his socialist policies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Says the man whose opinion is fact #trulydeluded
OK mate. You just keep on purging the moderates and bringing more true believers into your far left church and see how much more electable it makes you. Purge the dissenters and get 100% compliance to the McDonnell doctrine. That will definitely win Labour a storming majority. Definitely.

OK mate. You just keep on purging the moderates and bringing more true believers into your far left church and see how much more electable it makes you. Purge the dissenters and get 100% compliance to the McDonnell doctrine. That will definitely win Labour a storming majority. Definitely.

Like this?

So it begins.

There are countless momentum nut jobs who just can’t see the bleeding obvious. Corbyn is unelectable, not because of a lack of unity or “Red Tories”, but because he’s an incompetent, tin pot Wolfe Smith. But more importantly, people won’t vote for his socialist policies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So people will vote for more child poverty, more food banks, worse working conditions, more austerity, the end of the NHS as we know it, a very own Donald Trump like leader.

Yay.

So people will vote for more child poverty, more food banks, worse working conditions, more austerity, the end of the NHS as we know it, a very own Donald Trump like leader.

Yay.

Or maybe people have a difference of opinion to you, think your rhetoric is hysterical and when it comes down to it simply prefer what the conservatives are selling over the ruinous Corbyn policies? Maybe that.

Yay.

No. It's possible that under a leader with some guile and charisma the Labour Party could have performed very well at this election. They needed someone with the ability to control the news agenda, articulate the issues in the country and propose a compelling alternative to the British people.

Boris is a pretty flaky leader, crumbles under pressure and has faults and inconsistencies that you could drive a bendy bus through. And add to that we've had ten yeads of an incumbent government. It's absolutely infuriating that the opposition hasn't managed to lay a glove on the Conservatives.

It could have been a winnable election for Labour but the tragedy for the country and democracy is that the Party were never going to make any ground under that cretin.

So no people aren't voting for that list of stuff. Obviously not.

Enough normal, hardworking people are voting for the only one of the two they can see being a remotely credible Prime Minister, and one of the two parties that look like they have at least some aptitude in governing. Asking people to vote for Jeremy Corbyn, you might as well ask them to vote for Jimmy Savile.

For a centre-left social democrat like me it's something of a gut punch.

Just looking forward to Thursday as the beginning of the end of the Corbyn era.

No. It's possible that under a leader with some guile and charisma the Labour Party could have performed very well at this election. They needed someone with the ability to control the news agenda, articulate the issues in the country and propose a compelling alternative to the British people.

Boris is a pretty flaky leader, crumbles under pressure and has faults and inconsistencies that you could drive a bendy bus through. And add to that we've had ten yeads of an incumbent government. It's absolutely infuriating that the opposition hasn't managed to lay a glove on the Conservatives.

It could have been a winnable election for Labour but the tragedy for the country and democracy is that the Party were never going to make any ground under that cretin.

So no people aren't voting for that list of stuff. Obviously not.

Enough normal, hardworking people are voting for the only one of the two they can see being a remotely credible Prime Minister, and one of the two parties that look like they have at least some aptitude in governing. Asking people to vote for Jeremy Corbyn, you might as well ask them to vote for Jimmy Savile.

For a centre-left social democrat like me it's something of a gut punch.

Just looking forward to Thursday as the beginning of the end of the Corbyn era.

But that is what we will get under Johnson, pretty much more of the same. Whether people like Corbyn or not, the Labour policies have to be more palatable than the Tory policies surely? If it is a hung Parliament, a coalition between Labour and the LibDems would seem to offer a better platform to overturn the last decade of austerity. Corbyn cannot be that bad that anyone would want 5 years of Johnson unless they have enjoyed the last 9 years so much they want more of the same.

What are the "moderate" policies these delightful "moderates" are proposing instead?

"Three Conservative election candidates are being investigated over allegations of anti-Semitism, the party has confirmed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50700874

Surprised this didn’t get more attention - I had the impression that this place was full of Oskar Schindler types who were deeply passionate about the rise of antisemitism. Guess that’s only true in some cases.

Edited by shurlock

But that is what we will get under Johnson, pretty much more of the same. Whether people like Corbyn or not, the Labour policies have to be more palatable than the Tory policies surely? If it is a hung Parliament, a coalition between Labour and the LibDems would seem to offer a better platform to overturn the last decade of austerity. Corbyn cannot be that bad that anyone would want 5 years of Johnson unless they have enjoyed the last 9 years so much they want more of the same.
No the corbyn policies aren't more palatable, that's the entire point.

Surprised this didn’t get more attention - I had the impression that this place was full of Oskar Schindler types who were deeply passionate about the rise of antisemitism. Guess that’s only true in some cases.
Or maybe Conservatives following the correct disciplinary procedures and quickly dealing with allegations of antisemitism following faux outrage from Labour supporters seeking to deflect from their own endemic antisemitism problem really isn't that interesting a news story.