1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

I've done my part. I got three people to vote this morning who weren't going to.

Respect to you. Despite our obvious political differences, I think it's important for people to encourage others to make their voice heard.

If people don't bother to vote then they have no right to moan if/when things don't go their way.

If you want our own version of Trump as Prime Minister and want more of the same for the next 5 years. .
:mcinnes:

If only we actually had a candidate committed to, and capable of delivering...

Immigration control, improved national security, economic growth, low unemployment, higher wages, lower tax, reducing the threat of nuclear war etc etc

Respect to you. Despite our obvious political differences, I think it's important for people to encourage others to make their voice heard.

If people don't bother to vote then they have no right to moan if/when things don't go their way.

Thanks. Not sure how reassuring it is though when I get a couple of people ringing me asking me how they should vote. People really should do their own research rather than relying on others who are more politically engaged and asking someone else on the day, of the election. My reply was simply to vote however they liked but if they wanted my opinion it should be anyone but Corbyn. Edited by hypochondriac

My voice might count for a lot more if we had Proportional representation as it is it's gets lost in the bollix that is FPtP.

I'll vote I always do but under the current system far to many people's vote count for nothing.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Have to laugh at the overexcitable lefties on twitter creaming their pants about HUGE polling queues full of young people. A) The real world are at work b) they’re mainly posting from labour strongholds where any extra votes will mean absolutely nothing.

Eh? I'm voting Conservative I would have thought that was obvious.

I think that is obvious but from your comments generally I can not imagine you ever liked contributing to have a kinder fairer society so are quite hard core Tory.

Not saying a vote for Corbyn gets that btw

I may have been mistaken and it wasn’t you

I think that is obvious but from your comments generally I can not imagine you ever liked contributing to have a kinder fairer society so are quite hard core Tory.

Not saying a vote for Corbyn gets that btw

I may have been mistaken and it wasn’t you

I've only ever voted Conservative twice before in my life. I'm certainly not a hardcore Tory. I definitely don't think everyone not voting for Corbyn means they don't want a society that is kinder or fairer. Edited by hypochondriac

I've only ever voted Conservative twice before in my life. I'm certainly not a hardcore Tory. I definitely don't think everyone not voting for Corbyn means they don't want a society that is kinder or fairer.

Did you vote in 2010, 2015 or 2017? I assume you were too young to vote in the 80s and 92.

I've done my part. I got three people to vote this morning who weren't going to.

Good job hypo! The more voters who stand up against our anti semetic far left opposition the better!:smug:

Sadly, even if Corbyn loses this GE, the stranglehold momentum have over Labour means they have no place as a centre ground (or even centre left) opposition. I truly hope we don't wake up tomorrow to a Labour / SNP coalition government. The UK will be in serious trouble if that happens.

Good job hypo! The more voters who stand up against our anti semetic far left opposition the better!:smug:

Sadly, even if Corbyn loses this GE, the stranglehold momentum have over Labour means they have no place as a centre ground (or even centre left) opposition. I truly hope we don't wake up tomorrow to a Labour / SNP coalition government. The UK will be in serious trouble if that happens.

Some people think they wouldn't be able to do much damage in five years. I don't agree.

If you think we will not be in serious trouble if we wake up with Johnson as PM with a working majority tomorrow you really haven’t been paying attention over the last decade.

I've only ever voted Conservative twice before in my life. I'm certainly not a hardcore Tory. I definitely don't think everyone not voting for Corbyn means they don't want a society that is kinder or fairer.

To be fair, i would say you have probably been the most vocal person on this thread and most of your posts are trying to encourage people to vote Tory. Whatever you've been before, you're certainly one of those banging the drum loudest for the conservatives now.

To be fair, i would say you have probably been the most vocal person on this thread and most of your posts are trying to encourage people to vote Tory. Whatever you've been before, you're certainly one of those banging the drum loudest for the conservatives now.
Absolutely. I want people to vote for the conservatives at this election or at least not for Corbyn. I've hardly tried to hide that but I'm not a Conservative supporter in the sense that I'll necessarily vote for them at the next election.

Since I started to take a genuine interest in politics around the time that Blair stepped down and actually bothered to go and vote, I have floated between Lib-Dems, Green and Labour.

I usually vote Green in local council elections, as the current Labour council in Sheffield has acted appallingly in recent years, especially in the way it has dealt with the tree protests. I also voted Green in the EU elections in May, and helped to get our former mayor Magid elected thanks to proportional voting.

I now live in a safe Labour stronghold, so a vote for anyone else in a GE under our ridiculous FPTP system is completely wasted.

This is my sixteenth General Election and over the decades I have seen both main parties take it in turns to run the country. There has even been a coalition for a few years. The end result? Britain has prospered. True, like watching the Saints, there has been some tough times but overall there has been a massive improvement in just about everything (maybe not in education but that is more due to teaching methods than politics). Therefore I’m not too worried about who wins or losses today. Whoever comes in will mess some things up but will get a few things right and in a few years time we will do it all again. Hopefully I shall still be around for my seventeenth.

This is my sixteenth General Election and over the decades I have seen both main parties take it in turns to run the country. There has even been a coalition for a few years. The end result? Britain has prospered. True, like watching the Saints, there has been some tough times but overall there has been a massive improvement in just about everything (maybe not in education but that is more due to teaching methods than politics). Therefore I’m not too worried about who wins or losses today. Whoever comes in will mess some things up but will get a few things right and in a few years time we will do it all again. Hopefully I shall still be around for my seventeenth.

I agree with most of this, but all too often we’re too busy feeding hungry children or finding their family housing for the evening to actually worry about teaching them!