1. 1. SWF Exit Poll

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • Brexit
    • SNP/Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant

Went to bed at midnight, woken up to a glorious morning. The swamp well and truly drained, far deeper than I dared to hope for.

Soubry

Wollaston

Gauke,

Grieve,

Milton.

Gyimah

Sandbach

Dent coad

Chucka

Swinson

Olney

Brake

Pidcock

Leslie

Just a shame the other bottle jobs like Hammond & Bercow ran before us ordinary joes could kick them out too.

Boris playing a blinder.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SWF’s very own Thatcher LD was only predicting a single digit majority! These results are astonishing.

Not really. There was only ever going to be one person as Prime Minister today and doing so quite comfortably

No matter what soggy, Shurlock and co believe, brexit is still wanted by the majority.

Throw in that Labour is traditionally for the working class...they no longer represent workers but those on welfare and of course, students

Or, should we have another vote because people didn’t know what they were voting for.......

Edited by Batman

I initially thought that the Tory's will get 340-350 seats. Now I believe it will be 365+

Boris played a blinder

Will remainers finally accept that the brexit issue must move forward?

4th vote on the bounce where the brexit message wins.

27f30e912a972884dc2e783e8f6e43bb.jpg

Edited by Batman

Have to feel a bit for the Libdems with how hard it is for them to really make any ground. They had the biggest percentage leap in votes of all major parties. Their total proportion of the vote was over 11%, which would give them plenty of seats under PR, but under FPTP, it manages to translate into a disastrous result with a loss of their leader and a seat.

I wonder if they'll ever be a significant force in politics again.

Not really. There was only ever going to be one person as Prime Minister today and doing so quite comfortably

No matter what soggy, Shurlock and co believe, brexit is still wanted by the majority.

Throw in that Labour is traditionally for the working class...they no longer represent workers but those on welfare and of course, students

Or, should we have another vote because people didn’t know what they were voting for.......

I don’t think most people want Brexit but most accept that there is no credible alternative and resigned to it happening. More passive than active endorsement

This time is when you realise how unrepresentative of the general UK population your facebook feed is. The British ones are depressed about the result, the Norwegians are astonished the British people would back someone like Boris as their leader. They have trouble coming to terms with FPTP though, so they don't really understand why the British don't just vote for other parties if Corbyn and Johnson are not to be trusted.

Of course Brexit should get done now, no excuses and the mandate is clear.

But Tories winning in places that have been Labour since the turn of the last century really is quite astonishing.

I don't agree. Tory voters on either side of the Brexit debate were always going to vote for Boris, add to them Labour leavers voting for "Get Brexit Done" either by switching to the Tories or voting for Nige, and you only need a reatively small number rejecting Corbyn to end up with this result.

I don't agree. Tory voters on either side of the Brexit debate were always going to vote for Boris, add to them Labour leavers voting for "Get Brexit Done" either by switching to the Tories or voting for Nige, and you only need a reatively small number rejecting Corbyn to end up with this result.

8599e3271bdb86c4ea567596ea795be1.jpg

Not sure where the 80% comes from, and the 68% was a vote for FPTP against a non-proportional voting system that neither Labour or Conservative supported.
Indeed- the Labour Party did not have leaving the SM and Customs Union in their manifesto in 2017.

Weird that on a day that they've had such a comprehensive victory there is still a need for the likes of Littlewood to lie and still go on about betrayal. You've won, lads. Get over it.

Weird that on a day that they've had such a comprehensive victory there is still a need for the likes of Littlewood to lie and still go on about betrayal.

It's so ingrained into their DNA that they can't stop themselves.

So many Labour turkeys voting for a Brexit Christmas. I wonder what else in the Tory manifesto persuaded them to go blue.

Come on, loser, when are you going to consent to the fact that it is over for you remoaners?

So, if remain had won the referendum, would you have meekly kept shtum and accepted that "for you the war is over" ? We now wait with baited breath to see what form Brexit will take, and I guarantee that it won't satisfy all of the leavers.

Have to feel a bit for the Libdems with how hard it is for them to really make any ground. They had the biggest percentage leap in votes of all major parties. Their total proportion of the vote was over 11%, which would give them plenty of seats under PR, but under FPTP, it manages to translate into a disastrous result with a loss of their leader and a seat.

I can’t speak for other lapsed LibDems but they lost my vote and trust when they allowed the Tories into power. It wasn’t that long ago that they were being squeezed out by Labour and the Tories in the battle for the centre ground. Now they have lost a lot of credibility and the country seems to be moving further right and becoming more nationalistic. They probably need to rebrand and reboot themselves try too hoover up some moderate Torys and Labour people and do something radical to shake off the mistrust of the coalition period.

Corbyn was beaten before he started. The massed ranks of the right wing media had done for him years before his campaign even started. Labour policies were popular. He was not.

What can you say about Johnson? It was depressing enough when we voted to leave but to vote this chancer in with a working majority is sheer madness.

The first FB post I read this morning was from a neighbour saying that she was ashamed of this country this morning. That was before I had checked the result so not the best start to the day. It didn’t come as a major surprise as the Get Brexit Done mantra did for Johnson what Make America Great Again did for Trump.

If the Jews were worried about their future under Labour, those who voted to keep Johnson out should fear for their future under the Tories.

Still, on the plus side it will be interesting to watch Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gove, Raab, Patel, Hancock etc. grapple with the complexities of Getting Brexit Done and keeping the Union together.

Rather than bringing the country together, this result feels like it is more divided than ever.

I am now going to sit back and watch Johnson unleash our potential.

With more nationalists than unionists in power in NI, and SNP hoovering up in Scotland, I assume we can all agree that an independence vote and a vote on a United Ireland is now the democratic and right thing to do?

This election has confirmed that England is miles apart politically from the rest of the UK.

Quite telling how you, Batman, Hypo,LD get real joy from people losing their seats. No graciousness and truly the nasty party.
I think it's great. They've spent years now spitting in the face of people who voted to leave and having behind closed doors meetings to thwart brexit. They deserve to lose.

I can’t speak for other lapsed LibDems but they lost my vote and trust when they allowed the Tories into power. It wasn’t that long ago that they were being squeezed out by Labour and the Tories in the battle for the centre ground. Now they have lost a lot of credibility and the country seems to be moving further right and becoming more nationalistic. They probably need to rebrand and reboot themselves try too hoover up some moderate Torys and Labour people and do something radical to shake off the mistrust of the coalition period.

Corbyn was beaten before he started. The massed ranks of the right wing media had done for him years before his campaign even started. Labour policies were popular. He was not.

What can you say about Johnson? It was depressing enough when we voted to leave but to vote this chancer in with a working majority is sheer madness.

The first FB post I read this morning was from a neighbour saying that she was ashamed of this country this morning. That was before I had checked the result so not the best start to the day. It didn’t come as a major surprise as the Get Brexit Done mantra did for Johnson what Make America Great Again did for Trump.

If the Jews were worried about their future under Labour, those who voted to keep Johnson out should fear for their future under the Tories.

Still, on the plus side it will be interesting to watch Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gove, Raab, Patel, Hancock etc. grapple with the complexities of Getting Brexit Done and keeping the Union together.

Rather than bringing the country together, this result feels like it is more divided than ever.

Looks like all those pages of posts about how horrendous and awful Johnson was failed to resonate. Not sure you had your finger on the pulse of the electorate the way you thought you did. Twitter and your Facebook feed isn't real life.

I’m afraid that’s what you get when you blatantly defy the will of the people !

Looks like all those pages of posts about how horrendous and awful Johnson was failed to resonate. Not sure you had your finger on the pulse of the electorate the way you thought you did. Twitter and your Facebook feed isn't real life.

Is interesting how people seem devastated and shocked as seemed to be thinking cos their social media mates think like them everyone else thinks the same way.

I knew would be Tory landslide so had prepared myself. Banging on about NHS sell off hardly resonated. Useless fckers.

Is interesting how people seem devastated and shocked as seemed to be thinking cos their social media mates think like them everyone else thinks the same way.

I knew would be Tory landslide so had prepared myself. Banging on about NHS sell off hardly resonated. Useless fckers.

Good post. I think when we look back at this the social media factor and how it doesn't tally with the result will be one of the most interesting things.

I think it's great. They've spent years now spitting in the face of people who voted to leave and having behind closed doors meetings to thwart brexit. They deserve to lose.

As if Whelk would have been feeling any sympathy at all had Johnson, Raab, IDS lost their seats :lol:

Good post. I think when we look back at this the social media factor and how it doesn't tally with the result will be one of the most interesting things.

Bugger social media, why is it that throughout the campaign the only people who knocked on our door to canvass opinion were the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Boris played a blinder

Will remainers finally accept that the brexit issue must move forward?

4th vote on the bounce where the brexit message wins.

27f30e912a972884dc2e783e8f6e43bb.jpg

Brexit is going ahead (as I’ve always said it should) but we don’t know if there is a majority for it in the country. Your lot has repeatedly bottled the chance to get a direct, unambiguous answer on the question. And for good reason given that second referendum/remain parties won an overwhelming share of yesterday’s vote. FACT.

Bugger social media, why is it that throughout the campaign the only people who knocked on our door to canvass opinion were the Jehovah's Witnesses ?
There's very clearly a load of Labour voters who thought they were going to do much better because they have wrapped themselves in their social media echo chambers. They are now shocked because it didn't go the way all their associates were telling them it would.

Oh dear, Soggy. You were the most shrill of all the remoaners on here about how unbearable it would be having Johnson continuing as PM, without much concern about how bad the alternative would be. As you say, it will be interesting to watch those you name in the Conservative Party grappling with Brexit and UK unity, but at least now they have a clear mandate from the electorate and the anti-democrat remoaners like you have been put firmly back in their box. Saying that the country is more divided now with a strong majority party in control compared with a hung parliament is just typical of your bizarre thought processes.

Being back in the UK for this election has been fascinating. The parallels with the USA's last election are scarily similar.

Chattering classes in the 'bubble' (London/DC) being essentially condescending to the wider public by indicating only they know best, disaffected voters in working class areas with little to no hope voting for change. Add in the media luvvies ramming their high minded opinions down peoples throats while living it up with their massive salaries and the snowflakes on social media believing social media is the be all and end all (hint: people gravitate to like minded people so these little bubbles are nothing more than that).

As in the US the silent majority took their revenge at the polls.

And whether you like him or loathe him Cummings ran a fantastic campaign (albeit against 2 of the biggest losers imaginable).

Democracy wins.

Oh dear, Soggy. You were the most shrill of all the remoaners on here about how unbearable it would be having Johnson continuing as PM, without much concern about how bad the alternative would be. As you say, it will be interesting to watch those you name in the Conservative Party grappling with Brexit and UK unity, but at least now they have a clear mandate from the electorate and the anti-democrat remoaners like you have been put firmly back in their box. Saying that the country is more divided now with a strong majority party in control compared with a hung parliament is just typical of your bizarre thought processes.

This post, along with all of your others, shows just how blinkered you are. If you can’t see how divided the country is you clearly do not leave your front door every day.