Man City V Saints (again) - Build Up

John Boy Saint

Whilst I don't think JWP is having a great time, I don't think he is the first offender in midfield. Hoj has clearly been consistently the worst performer in that area imo, in fact outside of our centre backs I think he has been our worst player by some distance.

Also JWP is still ok at right wing, I emphasise 'ok', but still better than some of our other players in their 'favoured' positions.

Who on the bench would people have started?

Danso has made countless mistakes.

Yoshida put in one of the worst CB performances I have ever seen last week.

Djenepo is not fully fit.

Boufal not better than Redmond for this game.

Long is Long.

Adams not going to start ahead of Ings.

Our squad is poor in certain positions so the Manager is hamstrung because of that. We can't drop JWP as don't have any other CMs.

As much as you really want to support the manager and know he has the capability to get it right, he goes and picks Vestergard and JWP, throw in Jack Stephens, no Boufal but Stuart Armstrong.

he makes it very hard to believe in him.

I am starting to wonder WTF is he thinking?

Whilst I don't think JWP is having a great time, I don't think he is the first offender in midfield. Hoj has clearly been consistently the worst performer in that area imo, in fact outside of our centre backs I think he has been our worst player by some distance.

Also JWP is still ok at right wing, I emphasise 'ok', but still better than some of our other players in their 'favoured' positions.

Hoj is going to play LB again by the look of it.

We will concede in the first 10 minutes with that powderpuff, slow, ponderous line up.

Glad McCarthy has kept his place, he’s going to have a busy afternoon...Don’t understand Stephens in front of Danso - is Danso that poor?

The supertanker is back at CB too - City will just play triangles through this lot. Between 4 & 6 conceded today :(

Our squad is so bereft of quality in midfield and defence. It looks like a mid table championship line up....

Long is Long.

Our squad is poor in certain positions so the Manager is hamstrung because of that. We can't drop JWP as don't have any other CMs.

This

We have 5 CBs that range from bad to bloody awful.

We have 4 CMs that range from ok ( Romeu) and three others who are ****e

We have one LB who well talented but has constantly phoned it in for three seasons

We have two RBs neither of who are particularly good

Upfront Ings and Redmond are ok and backed up by a bunch of players who have constantly failed to produce much in the way of goals or assists.

This squad lacks any sort of quaility all over the park the managers hand are tied.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Oh boy, that lineup is something special. I'm going to strap myself in and really enjoy this one. Get some snacks in, open the expensive bottle of wine, really make a special occasion out of it. 5 defenders of which only 1 of them is possible capable of defending. This is going to be funny, I don't think I can get angry, it is just that awful. At this stage, I will cling on to any sign of ambition from this squad, and you know what, if that ambition is to beat the record they got so close to breaking last week, then I am all in....

On the JWP subject, I've seen him miss tackles, not tackle, lose his mark, not pick anybody up, pass it five yards to marked colleague, ignore most forward passes, ignore runners and pass it to a defender, fail to track at all, waves his arms around like Stephen Davis. Too slow, too weak and wins nothing in the air. Nearly always at fault somewhere when we concede. I'm pretty sure he would be the opponents first pick in our team selection.

Until we get rid of him we have no chance of quick breaks and utilising any pace we have up front. He is the real impediment in a pedestrian midfield.

I think we're putting him in the shop window, along with Hoj and a few others and hoping that if they have a good 'enough' season we can sell them. I don't see either of those two improving (and I've always been scathing of JWP) so I'd like to get rid of them and see if we can get someone in who can play football.

Long is Long.

This

We have 5 CBs that range from bad to bloody awful.

We have 4 CMs that range from ok ( Romeu) and three others who are ****e

We have one LB who well talented but has constantly phoned it in for three seasons

We have two RBs neither of who are particularly good

Upfront Ings and Redmond are ok and backed up by a bunch of players who have constantly failed to produce much in the way of goals or assists.

This squad lacks any sort of quaility all over the park the managers hand are tied.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Get real people.