Saints vs. Everton - Match Thread

Lighthouse

Half hearted boo's at half time.

Pathetic performance, we are the Huddersfield of this season. Our backline is full of lower half Championship players - at best. Zero attacking threat because we've got boring as **** players like JWP and Romeu playing in midfield who both love a sideways/backwards pass.

Oh how I cannot wait for the contracts to expire. A Saints squad that is currently full of players that are easy as **** to dislike.

Im right footed and old, played indoor last night and I can use my left more effectively than Cedric, it’s so predictable that he’ll shift it to the right. He’s supposed to be a pro.

You'd be no use to Ralph then. You have to be totally one-footed so that Ralph knows which wrong side of the pitch to play you on.

we don't know what we are doing. Not a ****ing clue. No plan, no shape, no idea. I think we loo worse than ever. Two games of 11 men behind the ball has drained the last bit of forward play out of us. I cant see how we are going to score never mind win a game.

Absolutely disgraceful performance. Nobody making themselves available in midfield, pointless hopeful hoofs over the top to nobody. I watched from 20 mins onwards and we didn’t do a single thing with purpose in their half. Cedric needs moving back to RB. Anyone else at LB.

We’re going down.

I have to say, it might be worth considering a change of manager. Something's clearly not working.

If this was Puel you lot would all be frothing at the mouth, but it was never as bad as this. Even under Hughes, at least we could score...

Two weeks ago the club said they were sticking with Ralph, come what may. Buying new players in January, everything's gonna be fine...

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Might even be a worse first half than against Leicester - at least we had the excuse of being down to 10 men against a good team then.

Appalling. Romeu and Ward-Prowse as a midfield two is suicide. They're both always three yards off the pace and so easily bypassed by Everton they might as well be playing against cones.

We've got three forwards on the pitch but eight players utterly incapable of passing the ball to them.

The goal was everything we've come to expect: Vestergaard beaten in the air for the flick on and Bednarek marking empty space at the back post. It's hard to believe any of our defenders could be overrated, but quite what people on here rave about with Bednarek is a total mystery. He's as useless as the rest.

Somehow we're still in this game. And yet I have not even the smallest confidence that we'll turn things around.

Think it'll end up 3 or 4 nil.

Grim.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I have to say, it might be worth considering a change of manager. Something's clearly not working.

If this was Puel you lot would all be frothing at the mouth, but it was never as bad as this. Even under Hughes, at least we could score...

Get Adkins. At least he is a proven championship manager(if worst happens)

Desperately trying to find some positives so here goes....

Think djenepo looks good. Looks like he may make something even if it doesn't always come off.

Um

Only 1 goal down. Still got 11 players...

Think the formation needs to change. In the rare occasions we have the ball we just pass it round the backline but we are so easy to mark further up the pitch. Invariable we just hoof it into a channel hoping someone may run onto it which they don't. We need jwp to be the player the defenders feed the ball who can then recycle it out. But he's not making himself available and strangely I've notice even if he is available, the other players ignore him? I don't know if that's because they don't trust him, or because he's not demanding it enough

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

Even under MP2 we were better. We rarely won but we didn't lose as often either.

I could be wrong but in the last 16 games under MP2 and MH they had a higher points total than RH has from his last 16.

The players we have are not good, no doubt about it. But a decent manager with potential to go to a higher club should be getting more out of them. He looks seriously out of his depth in the PL.

I hate every member of the playing squad, I wish we could sack the lot of them. Bunch of spineless, useless, fragile bottlers.

Surely, not every player we buy can be spineless and useless? No recruitment department in the world could be THAT bad, could it? I'm sure most of our players would play much better if they could escape to another club. Look at Tadic, Forster and Elyounoussi.

Not sure what a new manager will change. We may get another boost, may even be enough for keep us up. But they will bring in a few more squad players who will probably be crap and the cycle continues when we get rid of the next manager next year. Ralph's record shows he is a good manager. Might as well keep hoping it comes off and we can build some longevity. There are worse managers out there which I bet we will land. But I understand why some people are getting frustrated.

Surely, not every player we buy can be spineless and useless? No recruitment department in the world could be THAT bad, could it? I'm sure most of our players would play much better if they could escape to another club. Look at Tadic, Forster and Elyounoussi.

Forster has about 1 shot on target per game to save. In Scotland. Still has huge frailties in almost every aspect of his game.

Mo is weak, slow and ineffective at this level - he’s found his true ability now.

Add to that no confidence and they’ll both be just as bad a option as any of the current squad available. Same with hoedt etc

It is bizarre how Ralph seems to think full back positions can be shuffled at random. That's the single biggest question mark for me about his management. You'd think after yet another demo of how wrong that is, he could learn. I'll be shocked if Cedric still on left in 2nd half.

Not sure what a new manager will change. We may get another boost, may even be enough for keep us up. But they will bring in a few more squad players who will probably be crap and the cycle continues when we get rid of the next manager next year. Ralph's record shows he is a good manager. Might as well keep hoping it comes off and we can build some longevity. There are worse managers out there which I bet we will land. But I understand why some people are getting frustrated.

He hasn’t helped himself with his selections and tactics but I’m with you, he’s got pedigree and is proven to be a good manager.

Constantly having to deal with this vile collection of turds must be draining him.

Awful .

Usual lack of marking results in a 2 on 1 for the goal. After that, we are just playing to preserve goal difference.

Why is Valery not at RB ? Valery on at HT instead of Vestigaard, put Armstrong back in midfield and try to PRESS !

This. All this. I don't understand how a manager who got it so right last season is getting it so wrong this. Bin off JWP and Rebmond, both awful despite the love in on here. Get Boufal on, and **** Stephens off altogether. I mean, Yoshida is **** but he's a different level.

Is he a good manager, though, without his coach? We don't have the cash to pay him off, do we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk