Saints 1-2 Everton - Reaction

Lighthouse

Stolen from elsewhere, but still brightened up my morning and helped to ease the pain:

"We all made the mistake of thinking the club had given us all scarfs on Saturday. In fact they were thoughtfully providing blindfolds."

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Stephens played a whole season in that position on loan to Swindon a few years ago and won their player of the year in a season they made the league one play off final, but I've never seen Saints try him there.

He didn't. Most of the season he played in a back 3 (with Turnbull). He started as a DM 11 times altogether.

The worry is what will go with relegation. I can't see too many of the current bunch of players scrapping it out in the Championship. There is very little coming through from the academy and there are clearly major problems behind the scenes. Plus an invisible owner who has spent £200 million for the club with borrowed money and is about to see the value of his asset plummet. The hope at the beginning of the season was that Ralph would keep us up for a couple of seasons to give time to address the recruitment problems. Doesn't look like that will happen. Unfortunately I can't see this ending well. We will be lucky not to be back to League 1 in a couple of seasons time.

Look on the bright side, at least we are guaranteed one season in the Championship.

He didn't. Most of the season he played in a back 3 (with Turnbull). He started as a DM 11 times altogether.
I remember watching the play off final where he played in midfield. Early doors, Stephens pulled off a roulette in the middle of the park, surged magesticly forward to the edge of the box, players in his wake, and let fly a glorious shank miles wide. I thought we might've had a player in the making there...

Swindon lost 4-0.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Amazed Redmond has avoided comment on here, pretty much invisible all game and any ball punted up in the air to him he just saw the "bigger boy" Holgate behind him and just seem to let him jump up and win it every time.

He's reverted back to type unfortuntley. Been trash since he signed his new contract.

I think I'd take them away for a week in tents cooking their own food and doing the Lympestone RM obstacle and training regime every day. It might not make them better footballers but by God they wouldn't want to go back there any time soon. If money and persuasion won't cut it, the fear of the pain might.

Any chance you can take them for 6 months and we'll just let the U23's crack on, can't make it any worse than it already is.....!

The complete sorry state of the club was summed up perfectly for me when, in the first half, a great ball was played down the left channel for Cedric to run onto and hopefully cross on to the head of the fast approaching Ings. For a split second it brought back memories of the wonderful cross that Targett made from the same position last season (against Arsenal I think) when he placed it superbly on Ings's head for him to to bury it in the net. What did Cedric do? ........... a Premiership player playing on the left. Did he float a majestic ball into the box like Targett? No, he hit it with the outside of his right boot and shanked it into Row Z of the Northam. Utterly pathetic on numerous counts. What the F*** is he doing playing at left back when he is a one footed right back? Why was Armstrong playing in Cedric's position at right back? Why was Targett sold if our preferred cover is a one footed right back? Why was Vokins not given a chance to show what he can do? It beggars belief and as much as I have been supportive of Ralph, if this is his way of dealing with the current malaise, then I do fear for our future. On a separate note, did anyone else on here receive the Questionnaire about the Matchday Experience for Saturday?? My responses wouldn't pass the censorship on this site.

RH in the ECHO

“It is in the moment not nice but this is also part of this job. It is not always nice, it is not always winning games, it is not always celebrating with the fans. It’s sometimes being out there and a little bit disappointed about what happens at the moment.

“Still this is my job to hold the head up and try to find the right decisions.”

Please a LITTLE BIT DISAPPOINTED and NOT ALWAYS WINNING GAMES (just one every now and then would be nice)

After reading this sack him NOW PLEASE

The complete sorry state of the club was summed up perfectly for me when, in the first half, a great ball was played down the left channel for Cedric to run onto and hopefully cross on to the head of the fast approaching Ings. For a split second it brought back memories of the wonderful cross that Targett made from the same position last season (against Arsenal I think) when he placed it superbly on Ings's head for him to to bury it in the net. What did Cedric do? ........... a Premiership player playing on the left. Did he float a majestic ball into the box like Targett? No, he hit it with the outside of his right boot and shanked it into Row Z of the Northam. Utterly pathetic on numerous counts. What the F*** is he doing playing at left back when he is a one footed right back? Why was Armstrong playing in Cedric's position at right back? Why was Targett sold if our preferred cover is a one footed right back? Why was Vokins not given a chance to show what he can do? It beggars belief and as much as I have been supportive of Ralph, if this is his way of dealing with the current malaise, then I do fear for our future. On a separate note, did anyone else on here receive the Questionnaire about the Matchday Experience for Saturday?? My responses wouldn't pass the censorship on this site.

It was our first decent move of the game too. I was like, "finally, that's better, now get it......ugh WTF?!?! I give up!".

RH in the ECHO

“It is in the moment not nice but this is also part of this job. It is not always nice, it is not always winning games, it is not always celebrating with the fans. It’s sometimes being out there and a little bit disappointed about what happens at the moment.

“Still this is my job to hold the head up and try to find the right decisions.”

Please a LITTLE BIT DISAPPOINTED and NOT ALWAYS WINNING GAMES (just one every now and then would be nice)

After reading this sack him NOW PLEASE

English is not his first language, sadly our numbnuts didnt give Puel a chance as he didnt speak fluent English

Puel style of football was rubbish it failed to excite the fans and we would have been relegated sooner or later under him look at his record since leaving not set the world on fire has he yet he been at decent clubs. Maybe you should look in a mirror before judging other supporters there's a lot of richard heads about.

Same old excuse English is not his first language i bet it did not hinder his contract negotiate but it does seem to stop him communicating with his players what has he got to say about marking players defending is not about standing in a zone and doing nothing its about taking responsibility .Having our three tallest CB stood on the edge of the 6 yard box is not defending its taking them out of the game .Please with your superior knowledge explain why he does it. Why can he not explain to his players what are they meant to do there ( i have no clue), other than it not his first language which is the same for most prem footballers and managers yet other clubs seem to communicate OK .

Puel style of football was rubbish it failed to excite the fans and we would have been relegated sooner or later under him look at his record since leaving not set the world on fire has he yet he been at decent clubs. Maybe you should look in a mirror before judging other supporters there's a lot of richard heads about.

Same old excuse English is not his first language i bet it did not hinder his contract negotiate but it does seem to stop him communicating with his players what has he got to say about marking players defending is not about standing in a zone and doing nothing its about taking responsibility .Having our three tallest CB stood on the edge of the 6 yard box is not defending its taking them out of the game .Please with your superior knowledge explain why he does it. Why can he not explain to his players what are they meant to do there ( i have no clue), other than it not his first language which is the same for most prem footballers and managers yet other clubs seem to communicate OK .

Having struggled to read that, I am not sure that English is your first language either!

What did Cedric do? ........... a Premiership player playing on the left. boot and shanked it into Row Z of the Northam. Utterly pathetic on numerous counts. What the F*** is he doing playing at left back when he is a one footed right back?

What is an experienced, professional player doing on the pitch if he can't at least cross a ball with his weaker foot? In fact why has he always been such a c**p crosser, often not even under any pressure. Maybe not to expect the perfect cross, but as you say, row Z?!

• 2 weeks later...
Amazed Redmond has avoided comment on here, pretty much invisible all game and any ball punted up in the air to him he just saw the "bigger boy" Holgate behind him and just seem to let him jump up and win it every time.

Blimey, is this a criticism of Redmond? If we insist on playing "passes" like that we should be in Div 6 of a Pub Sunday League.